Page 14 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Hall of Famer
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,543 Times in 4,050 Posts

Default Re: Anderson Varejao Trade Ideas

Quote Originally Posted by AuxiliaryPie View Post
    What about a trade to the Lakers for Pau? Watching ESPN now steph A (I know, I know...) saying how pau doesn't fit new offensive system. What say those who are more educated than me?
    Why would we want Pau? He's too old for us to consider bringing him into our young core.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrie To The View Post
    Is there another contender that has another teams pick that is a good pick like OKC having Toronto's?

I'd much rather have that Toronto pick than I would PJ3 or Lamb.

I'm just wondering if there's another team out there with this good of a potential deal?

The Chicago Bulls own the Bobcats #1 pick super protected, but they will get it one day.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,238 Times in 775 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Smooth View Post
    I was never a huge Perry Jones fan coming out of college but the opportunity to get him in a trade for Varejao is very appealing to me... PJ3 has holes in his game and there are some things I don't think but I think they're easier to swallow in a trade for Varejao then taking him in the top-5... I also think with your two, hopeful, scoring options in place PJ3 is also placed in a role much more in line with him having success... I never saw him as having an alpha type mentality, which is what scared me about taking him in the top-5 and asking/expecting him to be Batman's Robin... But now with Waiters and Irving, placing him in the 3rd role is a good role for him.. I really think with the pick-and-roll game and with what Scott asks of the bigs, it'd be a very good fit... A Irving, Waiters, PJ3 is a very nice three-some that has a chance to be pretty good down the road..

I'm all for a deal involving picks and PJ3..

In regards to OKC, I'd also maybe look to try and get Reggie Jackson out of any potential deal... He holds some potential as a backup guard to Irving and Waiters with his size and defensive potential, although his point guard skills need some work..

I wouldn't expect TORs pick and a young prospect like Lamb or PJ3... I think a more realistic and fair deal is Perkins, PJ3 and DAL '13 1st round pick for Varejao and Samuels/Leuer...

I'm also wondering how open the T'Wolves would be to a Derrick Williams-Varejao type deal... The T'Wolves are loaded at PF and SF the next few years with Love, Kirilenko, Budinger, etc., and having Williams as a backup is not going to do much with those minutes being filled... The T'Wolves could really use someone like Varejao coming off the bench and with Kahn looking to compete now, maybe he this is something that would appeal to him..

With that said, I honestly think I'd rather PJ3 than Williams for Varejao...
    I agree with your entire post, Jones and Jackson would be good players to target. But, the only problem is that Maynor will test free agency after the season and they might want to hold onto Jackson to be back-up PG.

The Bushido doctrine Homer Safari's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,143 Times in 2,269 Posts

no point doing the OKC trade if the cavs didnt get the toronto pick

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Triumph36 View Post
    atlanta hawks fans (all 25 of them) would proceed to put a bullet in their heads. and rightfully so - that trade is awful for them.
    Out of your gourd. We're giving up a guy averaging 13 and 13 in our system (I know, small sample size), for a guy averaging 15 and 9 (with a lesser PER at the moment). To make it work you're throwing in last year's #4 pick who hasn't even had a full season to grow. Horford was a #3 pick, but that was clearly a very weak draft too.

Wow.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to RTrees For This Useful Post:

Thanks

^Yup.

When I saw that trade, I thought WE were getting ripped.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,472 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RTrees View Post
    Out of your gourd. We're giving up a guy averaging 13 and 13 in our system (I know, small sample size), for a guy averaging 15 and 9 (with a lesser PER at the moment). To make it work you're throwing in last year's #4 pick who hasn't even had a full season to grow. Horford was a #3 pick, but that was clearly a very weak draft too.

Wow.
    lol

1) Horford is a great pick at #3 in nearly every draft save for the GOATs (03, etc)

2) are you seriously acting as if GMs are going to be rating players' trade value based on this season?

sorry but if you think that trade is bad for the cavs you seriously need to take off the homer goggles.

Quote Originally Posted by Homestar View Post
    ^Yup.

When I saw that trade, I thought WE were getting ripped.
    yay objectivity

cause trading an injury prone 30yo and recent #4 pick who still looks horrible for a legit all-star 26yo big is "getting ripped"

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Triumph36 For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks

You know it's time to keep Andy when the ideas for trades are based upon thinking of various NBA rosters and "who we could get for" Andy. Approaching it like that, looking up and down various rosters, means there's nothing out there we WANT that's more valuable than Andy right now, and you're just trying to get rid of him.. especially seeing how well he currently fits with this team, basketball wise. (some of us watch it for the basketball part)

Either somebody can call with an offer we can't refuse, or we end up going after a guy we've always wanted who suddenly becomes available out of circumstance (Nash to Lakers type deal). Either the opportunity will present itself, or it won't be there. Combing up and down NBA rosters is not the answer.

So I had the thoughts above and then realized, other teams might undervalue their own players. So combing up and down, and looking at playing time and things is probably something management should be doing just to cover all possibilities. But I still believe the best deal is likely to come from instant circumstances, or more likely, a phone call to Cleveland for Andy.

The Original HN3108 bigfoot5415's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,251 Times in 532 Posts

The more I think about it, the more I think OKC is going to hang on to what they got. Imagine the lineup of: Ibaka, PJ3, KD, Lamb, Westbrook! Then Perk, KMart, Thabo, Thabeet, Orton, and Liggins. Not to mention they have the Raps pick. There is a boatload potential there. Even if they hit on half of those project players they will still be really solid.
    Wiggins Watch 2014

Thanks
    Thanked 1,333 Times in 503 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Triumph36 View Post
    lol

1) Horford is a great pick at #3 in nearly every draft save for the GOATs (03, etc)

2) are you seriously acting as if GMs are going to be rating players' trade value based on this season?

sorry but if you think that trade is bad for the cavs you seriously need to take off the homer goggles.

yay objectivity

cause trading an injury prone 30yo and recent #4 pick who still looks horrible for a legit all-star 26yo big is "getting ripped"
    Thaaaank Youuuuuu...

The way people talk about Andy on this board, you'd think he dominated Dwight Howard in the 09 ECF, or made an All-Star team in his career, or played more than 31 games in a season since he's been a starter.

And dont get me started on Thompson, who looks like a more likable, harder working JJ Hickson with each passing week.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,015 Times in 788 Posts

I could see the Celtics coming after Andy

I could see something like

Jeff Green, Sully, Wilcox and Bostons 2014 1st

for Andy, Cassipi, Samardo and a 2nd

Andy would be perfect next to KG and on that team in general

Also Bostons 2014 1st could be really high unless they reload next year since Terry, PP and KG will more than likely all be done by then.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,472 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KB View Post
    I could see the Celtics coming after Andy

I could see something like

Jeff Green, Sully, Wilcox and Bostons 2014 1st

for Andy, Cassipi, Samardo and a 2nd

Andy would be perfect next to KG and on that team in general

Also Bostons 2014 1st could be really high unless they reload next year since Terry, PP and KG will more than likely all be done by then.
    i would rather cut varejao than trade him for a package that includes jeff green at 9m/yr. he is so unspeakably bad.

the celtics pick won't be "really high" either. at best, it's like 10-14. but more likely than not they'll still be a playoff team because the east sucks, most of their roster is locked up thru next season, they have their MLE/draft/etc.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,792 Times in 1,887 Posts

If we trade Andy to a contender (OKC, Spurs, Celtics, Nets, Knicks, etc) that team will win the Finals. Book it.

Team Player
    Thanks

i was the biggest trade andy fan since lebron left but ill tell you what this thread needs to be closed unless we are getting a kings ransom.

All Star
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,158 Times in 1,049 Posts

Young big man who can rebound and hustle as good as Andy, young scorer and a draft pick