Page 21 of 56 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,577 Times in 3,188 Posts

Default Re: Anderson Varejao Trade Ideas

Quote Originally Posted by jlegg21 View Post
    Not sure why Luke Walton would hold up a Varejao deal, actually. I cant imagine we would walk away from a Lottery Pick and maybe a young player because said team doesnt want his expiring corpse. Far from a deal-breaker, right?
    I'm sure that's just the Cavs playing hardball. If the deal is good, they'll do it with or without Walton.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,864 Times in 535 Posts

Interesting. I'd take Calderon now that Kyrie is down. He can be effective running the P&R with Andy. We can keep our running style, as he fits that mold. He's a FA next year (getting paid $10.5 mil this season). That off of our books could only make our cap situation healthier.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ChicagoCavFan For This Useful Post:

Situational Stopper
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by UncleDrew View Post
    All from http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2012/11/k...s-varejao.html

Anderson Varejao isn't likely to be moved, but if the Cavaliers were to consider a deal, it would have to include Luke Walton and his $6.09M.
    No way Cleveland is up to this in this way. By trade deadline, the salary is down to 2 million or so. These are two different chips. 1 is V for Toronto pick or they won't do it even with Irving down. Too much of loss fan base that they got to hit gold with top 10 pick. 2, Walton is separate asset to take on a large salary above $10 million to go over cap for next year in exchange for a good pick or two. Remember, taxes come into play next year I believe. Our cap room is valuable as is V. You get more by splitting them and getting multiple good picks.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to petes999 For This Useful Post:

Miracle of Richfield daytripper's Avatar
    Thanks

I prefer the Cavs deal Tristan before the rest of the league catches on about his 'potential' but nonetheless here is my stab at a non-OKC Andy deal:

To Boston: Andy
    To Minnesota: Courtney Lee
    To Cavs: Derrick Williams, Jared Sullinger, Boston 2013 first round pick

At least the Cavs would have quantity and youth in their frontcourt with Williams, Sully, Zeller, and TT. Miami better watch out if Boston deals for Andy.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,002 Times in 426 Posts

I'm ok with that deal

Thanks

I don't think Minnesota is so eager to give away Derrick Williams that they only receive Courtney Lee in return.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,279 Times in 537 Posts

Would anyone do this?

Thunder get:
    AV

Cavs get:
    Perkins
    2013 Toronto Pick

Would seem to make sense for both parties. Having Ibaka and AV down low would make OKC impossible to score on. I hate trading AV, but I would take on Perkins to get that Toronto pick. Only top 3 protected this year and top 2 protected in 2014 and 2015. That could potentially allow us to add two more players from the top 7 of the upcoming draft, and it could also allow us to trade up in the draft to get a Zeller, Mohammed, or Noel. We aren't likely to get player-for-player value for AV, and a trade like this actually makes a lot of sense for both sides. OKC is one of the few contenders that could give us an asset like a potential top-5 pick. Again, just throwing out an idea since that what the thread is for. Acquiring AV would make OKC the favorite to win the title IMO. Might be worth poking around. Perkins can always be bought out as well.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,313 Times in 2,873 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bob_The_Cat View Post
    Would anyone do this?

Thunder get:
    AV

Cavs get:
    Perkins
    2013 Toronto Pick

Would seem to make sense for both parties. Having Ibaka and AV down low would make OKC impossible to score on. I hate trading AV, but I would take on Perkins to get that Toronto pick. Only top 3 protected this year and top 2 protected in 2014 and 2015. That could potentially allow us to add two more players from the top 7 of the upcoming draft, and it could also allow us to trade up in the draft to get a Zeller, Mohammed, or Noel. We aren't likely to get player-for-player value for AV, and a trade like this actually makes a lot of sense for both sides. OKC is one of the few contenders that could give us an asset like a potential top-5 pick. Again, just throwing out an idea since that what the thread is for. Acquiring AV would make OKC the favorite to win the title IMO. Might be worth poking around. Perkins can always be bought out as well.
    Would do it in a second.

But everyone else on here will say that is too little to get for AV.

Thanks

^

I would do that...... Resign AV in 2015.

Thanks

Would anyone do this?

Thunder get:
    AV

Cavs get:
    Perkins
    2013 Toronto Pick

Throw in the Lukes and I'd be all over it.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,140 Times in 1,655 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Would do it in a second.

But everyone else on here will say that is too little to get for AV.
    What?

That seems to be the deal everyone would accept.

Private eyes, Watchin You Tornicade IED's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,691 Times in 2,068 Posts

Would anyone do this?

Thunder get:
    AV

Cavs get:
    Perkins
    2013 Toronto Pick

there's fifteen pages discussing that very deal perhaps you should look them over.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tornicade IED For This Useful Post:

Camp Invitee
    Thanks

Cavs get:
    Pau Gasol
    1st Round Draft Pick from Washington

Lakers:
    Javale McGee
    Daniel Gibson

Wizards:
    Anderson Varejao
    Steve Blake

I think that this could work out for all teams, just because of the fact that teams are acquiring positions at which they need the most in this trade.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,140 Times in 1,655 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CavsMan33 View Post
    Cavs get:
    Pau Gasol

Lakers:
    Javale McGee
    Daniel Gibson

Wizards:
    Anderson Varejao
    Steve Blake

I think that this could work out for all teams, just because of the fact that teams are acquiring positions at which they need the most in this trade.
    Banworthy.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rob For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,132 Times in 367 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CavsMan33 View Post
    Cavs get:
    Pau Gasol

Lakers:
    Javale McGee
    Daniel Gibson

Wizards:
    Anderson Varejao
    Steve Blake

Javale McGee plays on Denver..