Page 28 of 56 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,203 Times in 1,370 Posts

Default Re: Anderson Varejao Trade Ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Mdog1 View Post
    Lol a 30 year old with injury concerns that has never made an all star game is not worth at mnimum a top 5 pick.

Some people are so incredibly unrealistic it's hilarious. A fan favourite does not a superstar make. If you talk to fans of other teams they would say we would be lucky to ge a top 10 pick for Andy.
    James Harden never made an All-Star game...why does that even matter?

Andy's worth to Cleveland and Andy's worth in the trade market are two very different things, whcih is why I expect him to stay put. Maybe to another team Varejao isn't worth trading a top 5 pick for, but is it worth it for the Cavs to deal him for a 1st round pick in the teens?

Banned
    Thanks

They have three years after this one, and I suspect really two since i'm sure Durant has a player option, since most star players take player options.

If they want to keep Durant they will need to at least make the finals in the next few years, and Andy helps them do that. Does a player that is unknown at this point? That's if they see the pick this year, or next year...
    I was saying that Andy could put them over the top and that they should be willing to part with the TOR pick to get Andy

Thanks
    Thanked 1,748 Times in 1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sgm405 View Post

Andy's worth to Cleveland and Andy's worth in the trade market are two very different things, whcih is why I expect him to stay put. Maybe to another team Varejao isn't worth trading a top 5 pick for, but is it worth it for the Cavs to deal him for a 1st round pick in the teens?
    A 23 year old on his rookie contract vs. a 30 year old...

Really? People can't be serious with this stuff right? Am I in the twilight zone or something? Jebus look at what the Bucks got for Bogut, who when healthy is a top 3 center.

Andy's been having a great year so far. If he can keep this up, and stay healthy then yes he will be worth a lot, but let's not act like Andy having a 15 game string of domination makes his minimum value a top 5 pick lmfao.

God i hope he stays healthy so we can trade him this year... I like Andy, but his fans are insane.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,756 Times in 3,473 Posts

Lol a 30 year old with injury concerns that has never made an all star game is not worth at mnimum a top 5 pick.

Some people are so incredibly unrealistic it's hilarious. A fan favourite does not a superstar make. If you talk to fans of other teams they would say we would be lucky to ge a top 10 pick for Andy.
    One of the best defensive bigs in the NBA, who also seems to have added a jumper, and brings in a league best 14 boards a game, is incredibly valuable. Especially to a team like OKC. Andy would fit next to Ibaka perfectly. Ibaka is at his worst when he has to cover someone like Bosh who can draw him from the hoop. You can put Andy on that guy and let Ibaka do what he does best. Put Andy on that team and they're the favorites to win it all. OKC knows that there's a chance whoever they draft with the Toronto pick won't pan out, even if he does it will take him a few years to develop. The Toronto pick is top 3 protected anyway so there's a chance it won't even be collected.
    Ass pennies

Situational Stopper Halloween Runner Champion Jellyfish Invaders Champion Cheesy Pizza Designer 2 : Cheddar Madness Champion Worm Happy Champion Escher Champion Snake Champion Snake Champion Fishenoid Champion Turbospot Champion Bullet Blocker Champion Jigsaw: Grapes Champion Cuboy Facebutt Champion Imbossible Champion Jigsaw: Purple Decoration Champion Jigsaw: Mushrooms And Wine Champion Skedaddle Champion BubbleWrap Champion Bridgit Mendler Puzzle Game Champion Cascade Champion Displacer Champion Track the Ball Champion Jigsaw: Old Stone Bridge Champion Jigsaw: Evening Light Champion Hidden Ambers - Nature 3 Champion Water Man Champion Sweet hearts Champion Jigsaw: Guacamole Champion
    Thanks

I'm hoping we don't trade Andy, mostly because I like him and think his presence here is more beneficial than what we would/could get for him (which is substantially less than many posters are throwing out there).

Boy are some people going to be disappointed with what we get back if we do end up trading him.

Thanks

A 23 year old on his rookie contract vs. a 30 year old...

Really? People can't be serious with this stuff right? Am I in the twilight zone or something? Jebus look at what the Bucks got for Bogut, who when healthy is a top 3 center.

Andy's been having a great year so far. If he can keep this up, and stay healthy then yes he will be worth a lot, but let's not act like Andy having a 15 game string of domination makes his minimum value a top 5 pick lmfao.

God i hope he stays healthy so we can trade him this year... I like Andy, but his fans are insane.
    If Andy keeps his stellar play, people on here are gonna want to throw Durant into the discussion alongside the Tor pick

Thanks

15 & 15, leading the NBA in rebounds. Was on pace to put up similar numbers last year until he suffered a freak injury, which only kept him out as long as it did because we were tanking.

He might be 30 years old, but he has gotten better every year of his career. He's still going up, so he might as well be 23 until he peaks or levels off.

Most importantly, why he is only going to be traded for a top 5 pick (if that?) He's CORE player. We are trying to add those, not subtract them.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,048 Times in 3,423 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sgm405 View Post

James Harden isn't 30 ....

Saying Andy is worth at minimum a top 5 pick is absurd.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post

Relax with your absolutes Christopher.

Andy is worst at minimum at top-5 pick from the Cavs perspective. From anyone else's? Don't care. We aren't anyone else.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post

Saying that Andy is worth anything less than a top 3 pick is absurd.

Thanks

Like I have said in the Varejao thread, Andy is a late bloomer like Steve Nash or Dennis Rodman. There is no reason for his current production to not continue for the next 5-7 years. He is a much better player than he was 3 seasons ago and he may even continue to improve over the next couple of seasons. His value is just now starting to skyrocket. In a year or two when teams see that its not a fluke and Andy really is that good, they will be beating down the doors for him. But by then hopefully the Cavs will be a playoff team and have no purpose to trade him unless it is for another star.

Trading Andy for a top 10 pick that has a 70% chance of being a bust, and when we are already stocked with picks, defies all logic. 15 pt, 15 reb, 4 ast centers don't exactly grow on trees, but some of you guys are willing to give that away for a bag of peanuts. Good luck with that...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,274 Times in 599 Posts

But if we dont trade him how are we going to follow the OKC model to a T?
    "I'd rather fight somebody else on the other team than one of my teammates," Waiters said after practice. "That's the way it is. That's the way I was brought up. I feel as though we say we're family, then we're a family and I'm going to look out for you to the best of my abilities. All the other stuff is foolishness." - Dion Waiters

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FiveThous View Post
    But if we dont trade him how are we going to follow the OKC model to a T?
    Except when his production falls off because his style of play does not translate well into later years.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,048 Times in 3,423 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by "Boobie" Gibson View Post
    Relax with your absolutes Christopher.

Andy is worst at minimum at top-5 pick from the Cavs perspective. From anyone else's? Don't care. We aren't anyone else.
    This is false for a variety of reasons that have already been discussed, including age and injury proneness.

Top 5 pick. Ridiculous talk.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,748 Times in 1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ruken View Post
    Except when his production falls off because his style of play does not translate well into later years.
    Well I wouldn't go that far. Technically you are right his poduction should fall off a cliff in the next 3 years, but never say never. We just don't know if he will still be a productive beast in 5 years, or 8 years. It's not impossible. Are the odds against him, well yeah of course they are, but there are exceptions ot every sngle rule, and maybe Andy is one of the exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Baseline Runner View Post
    Saying that Andy is worth anything less than a top 3 pick is absurd.
    That's hilarious. I love a good sarcastic joke, that even on the internet you can pick up easily without a smiley face. Bravo.

Quote Originally Posted by Homestar View Post
    15 & 15, leading the NBA in rebounds. Was on pace to put up similar numbers last year until he suffered a freak injury, which only kept him out as long as it did because we were tanking.

He might be 30 years old, but he has gotten better every year of his career. He's still going up, so he might as well be 23 until he peaks or levels off.

Most importantly, why he is only going to be traded for a top 5 pick (if that?) He's CORE player. We are trying to add those, not subtract them.
    Like I said if he can keep this up, preferably until the trade deadline, than yes he will be worth a lot more than he will be if this is just one of those stretches that good players like Andy can put together occassionally. This is the reason that teams should look at body of work, and trends instead of most recent history. Look at the contract Lin got, does that contract still happen if he had played like this in NY instead of Linsanity level?

Roughly the same sample size...

Now if through 40 games Andy's averages are 14/14 then you're damn right we'll be getting a good haul for him, but if his averages falll back down to Earth at say 10/12 or something like that then the return will be lessened.

I'm not trying to put Andy down, and it may sound like i'm harsh at times, but I really do like him as a player. To be honest if we do in fact keep Andy then I most certainly will not be mad about it, although it might be like the Wally situation where we valued chemistry over improvement, except this time it would be experience/leadership over long term investments.

To be fair to Andy I would personally trade Kyrie if it improved the team, as I would have traded LeBron to improve the team. I know that's not exactly a popular opinion, but that's just the way I feel.