Page 36 of 56 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,333 Times in 503 Posts

Default Re: Anderson Varejao Trade Ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Tuttle View Post
    Pekovic is Minny's C now and of the future so I can't see them going after AV. Utah has been playing Kanter & Favors together in the frontcourt whenever Jefferson is out, so it seems like they're set at C as well.
    Andy couldnt play PF next to either of those guys? You might be right, but I think rosters are more fluid nowadays with bigs with so few true C's out there anymore.

Situational Stopper karnsies817's Avatar
    Thanks

I think this thought has been posted before but to all of you who think OKC would give up the Toronto pick..........

Why would that make sense to them? They already have a contender in place and what looks to be another top 6 pick to buffer their roster in that pick.

Why would they give that up when they have shown in the past how effectively they can build through the draft?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to karnsies817 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jlegg21 View Post
    Minnesota and Utah both have logjams at SF/PF, which happens to be a huge area of need for us. Some of these proposed deals are interesting if nothing else. We have some chips to play with even outside of Varejao should the FO decide to just keep him here.
    We need to take this opportunity of getting a SF whether its from either team..preferably Utah.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,098 Times in 1,474 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by UncleDrew View Post
    Anderson Varejao and Jon Leuer to the Jazz for Paul Millsap, Enes Kanter, Alec Burks and Jamaal Tinsley.

Millsap — who will be an unrestricted free agent next summer — is a bit of a risk, but Burks and Kanter give the Cavs two solid prospects to work with, and Tinsley gives Cleveland an alternative to Jeremy Pargo and Donald Sloan in the short term.
    aha my goodness this is awful for utah

Quote Originally Posted by jlegg21 View Post
    Minnesota and Utah both have logjams at SF/PF, which happens to be a huge area of need for us. Some of these proposed deals are interesting if nothing else. We have some chips to play with even outside of Varejao should the FO decide to just keep him here.
    utah doesn't have a logjam at sf - they have bad (williams) and awful (carroll, evans, et all). their logjam is with their bigs and i'd think they'd be most open to moving jefferson or millsap, neither of which are all that appealing. mostly because the latter is a free agent.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleDrew View Post
    We need to take this opportunity of getting a SF whether its from either team..preferably Utah.
    Marvin Williams....sweet deal!

getting a sf from utah would solve so many problems.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Triumph36 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,773 Times in 1,060 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by karnsies817 View Post
    I think this thought has been posted before but to all of you who think OKC would give up the Toronto pick..........

Why would that make sense to them? They already have a contender in place and what looks to be another top 6 pick to buffer their roster in that pick.

Why would they give that up when they have shown in the past how effectively they can build through the draft?
    Kendrick Perkins is the worst player in the NBA... That's a pretty good reason.

Situational Stopper karnsies817's Avatar
    Thanks

If we recieved torontos pick id consider that my christmas present and ask for nothing more

Situational Stopper
    Thanks

Any body thinking we could trade rape the Kings somehow. AV could play the mentor/anchor/example role for their youth like he is for us, and we just hope that BScott and crew can knock some sense into Cousins. I'm thinking something like AV and Walton for Cousins, Salmons (or Garcia), and they pull some of the protection off of that pick, or "right to swap" and their second.

Something like that.

I love AV on our team though. He is really doing the work of three vets with all he does for our young guys. I bet he could do wonders to help Sac's youthy core.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,293 Times in 1,418 Posts

Why the hell would we trade a 30 year old Andy, who people want to trade because he is "too old to be around when the Cavs are contending", for a 32 year old Pau Gasol who is a shadow of his former self and 1 year of Josh Smith? Trade Machine is back in full force...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BimboColesHair For This Useful Post:

Moving to Paris, to shoot some heroin and fuck with the stars
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,716 Times in 680 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BobQCarter View Post
    Any body thinking we could trade rape the Kings somehow. AV could play the mentor/anchor/example role for their youth like he is for us, and we just hope that BScott and crew can knock some sense into Cousins. I'm thinking something like AV and Walton for Cousins, Salmons (or Garcia), and they pull some of the protection off of that pick, or "right to swap" and their second.

Something like that.

I love AV on our team though. He is really doing the work of three vets with all he does for our young guys. I bet he could do wonders to help Sac's youthy core.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MGMT For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,619 Times in 519 Posts

Something like that.

Here, we'll give you Andy .. give us your best player.. drop the protection on that pick, give us a 2nd and for your troubles we'll take Salmons.

Not that it would, but, for a trade like that to happen.. we'd have to take both Salmons and Garcia, give them the rights to that pick back.. and give them our pick. He's the most talented Center in the league that hasn't put it together.. that doesn't mean they are gonna give us assets to take him.

For the record.. I would be completely on board with trading Andy, our pick, and giving them their pick back for Cousins if they get completely fed up with him. Tristan fits perfectly next to Cousins with Kyrie and Dion on the perimeter? Yikes.

Kyrie, Dion, Tristan, and Cousins has me drooling.. just too perfect to happen.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Numbers Guy For This Useful Post:

The Bushido doctrine Homer Safari's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,173 Times in 2,280 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BimboColesHair View Post
    Why the hell would we trade a 30 year old Andy, who people want to trade because he is "too old to be around when the Cavs are contending", for a 32 year old Pau Gasol who is a shadow of his former self and 1 year of Josh Smith? Trade Machine is back in full force...
    Jodh dmith is 28 and one of the top defenders in the league and someone who would be quite more effective as the third scoring option thanhe is as first in atlanta. Pau is 32 but he will be an expiring next year which means the cavs could repackage him or have a solid post up guy on the team as zeller develops.

This gives the Cavs two high caliber starters

Its also give the Cavs to sign a top 5 free agent in josh smith with his bird rights.

not to mentoion next year your looking at a playoff team.

I know you guys disdain 1 and even 2 and outs but that is the normal progression for a potential championship team. Going from loisng to champions magically from one season to another is highly unlikely. a Natural progression is more likely.

the longer the build goes without making it to the playofffs the more likely the build will require a few soft resets. that can take almost a decade to overcome.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tornicade View Post
    Jodh dmith is 28 and one of the top defenders in the league and someone who would be quite more effective as the third scoring option thanhe is as first in atlanta. Pau is 32 but he will be an expiring next year which means the cavs could repackage him or have a solid post up guy on the team as zeller develops.

This gives the Cavs two high caliber starters

Its also give the Cavs to sign a top 5 free agent in josh smith with his bird rights.

not to mentoion next year your looking at a playoff team.

I know you guys disdain 1 and even 2 and outs but that is the normal progression for a potential championship team. Going from loisng to champions magically from one season to another is highly unlikely. a Natural progression is more likely.

the longer the build goes without making it to the playofffs the more likely the build will require a few soft resets. that can take almost a decade to overcome.
    Sorry, it was just a horrible idea. Accept it and move on.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to "Boobie" Gibson For This Useful Post:

The Bushido doctrine Homer Safari's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,173 Times in 2,280 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by "Boobie" Gibson View Post
    Sorry, it was just a horrible idea. Accept it and move on.
    the point of the post was to show the caliber of player that would be involved in AV being traded.

besides this is a fantasy thread. AV isnt going anywhere

Thanks
    Thanked 3,252 Times in 780 Posts

Something like that.

If they trade Demarcus Cousins...remind me who their youthy core is.

Team Player
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    If they trade Demarcus Cousins...remind me who their youthy core is.
    I think he Kent that we will do the okc trade and atvdraft when the kings have another bad season we could entice them with our pick okc pick and seller. They would get 3top 5 picks and seller a good back up for cousins who they might not wanna resup. This would give us a potential big 3 with Irving waiters and cousins.

That's how I see it I called the okc Houston trade back at draft time and I'm calling this
    2 for 2