Page 36 of 56 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
Results 526 to 540 of 836
  1. #526
    Rising Star jlegg21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,679
    Thanks
    1,154
    Thanked 1,187 Times in 450 Posts

    Default Re: Anderson Varejao Trade Ideas

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Tuttle View Post
    Pekovic is Minny's C now and of the future so I can't see them going after AV. Utah has been playing Kanter & Favors together in the frontcourt whenever Jefferson is out, so it seems like they're set at C as well.
    Andy couldnt play PF next to either of those guys? You might be right, but I think rosters are more fluid nowadays with bigs with so few true C's out there anymore.

  2. #527
    Situational Stopper karnsies817's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Parma
    Posts
    266
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked 56 Times in 39 Posts

    Default Re: Anderson Varejao Trade Ideas

    I think this thought has been posted before but to all of you who think OKC would give up the Toronto pick..........

    Why would that make sense to them? They already have a contender in place and what looks to be another top 6 pick to buffer their roster in that pick.

    Why would they give that up when they have shown in the past how effectively they can build through the draft?

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to karnsies817 For This Useful Post:


  4. #528
    Potential Legendary UncleDrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The 906
    Posts
    1,275
    Thanks
    2,107
    Thanked 679 Times in 268 Posts

    Default Re: Anderson Varejao Trade Ideas

    Quote Originally Posted by jlegg21 View Post
    Minnesota and Utah both have logjams at SF/PF, which happens to be a huge area of need for us. Some of these proposed deals are interesting if nothing else. We have some chips to play with even outside of Varejao should the FO decide to just keep him here.
    We need to take this opportunity of getting a SF whether its from either team..preferably Utah.

  5. #529
    Veteran Triumph36's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,504
    Thanks
    912
    Thanked 2,813 Times in 1,333 Posts

    Default Re: Anderson Varejao Trade Ideas

    Quote Originally Posted by UncleDrew View Post
    Anderson Varejao and Jon Leuer to the Jazz for Paul Millsap, Enes Kanter, Alec Burks and Jamaal Tinsley.

    Millsap — who will be an unrestricted free agent next summer — is a bit of a risk, but Burks and Kanter give the Cavs two solid prospects to work with, and Tinsley gives Cleveland an alternative to Jeremy Pargo and Donald Sloan in the short term.
    aha my goodness this is awful for utah

    Quote Originally Posted by jlegg21 View Post
    Minnesota and Utah both have logjams at SF/PF, which happens to be a huge area of need for us. Some of these proposed deals are interesting if nothing else. We have some chips to play with even outside of Varejao should the FO decide to just keep him here.
    utah doesn't have a logjam at sf - they have bad (williams) and awful (carroll, evans, et all). their logjam is with their bigs and i'd think they'd be most open to moving jefferson or millsap, neither of which are all that appealing. mostly because the latter is a free agent.

    Quote Originally Posted by UncleDrew View Post
    We need to take this opportunity of getting a SF whether its from either team..preferably Utah.
    Marvin Williams....sweet deal!

    getting a sf from utah would solve so many problems.

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Triumph36 For This Useful Post:


  7. #530
    Hall of Famer Mdog1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    11,652
    Thanks
    545
    Thanked 1,466 Times in 877 Posts

    Default Re: Anderson Varejao Trade Ideas

    Quote Originally Posted by karnsies817 View Post
    I think this thought has been posted before but to all of you who think OKC would give up the Toronto pick..........

    Why would that make sense to them? They already have a contender in place and what looks to be another top 6 pick to buffer their roster in that pick.

    Why would they give that up when they have shown in the past how effectively they can build through the draft?
    Kendrick Perkins is the worst player in the NBA... That's a pretty good reason.

  8. #531
    Situational Stopper karnsies817's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Parma
    Posts
    266
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked 56 Times in 39 Posts

    Default Re: Anderson Varejao Trade Ideas

    If we recieved torontos pick id consider that my christmas present and ask for nothing more

  9. #532
    Situational Stopper
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    165
    Thanks
    262
    Thanked 80 Times in 26 Posts

    Default Re: Anderson Varejao Trade Ideas

    Any body thinking we could trade rape the Kings somehow. AV could play the mentor/anchor/example role for their youth like he is for us, and we just hope that BScott and crew can knock some sense into Cousins. I'm thinking something like AV and Walton for Cousins, Salmons (or Garcia), and they pull some of the protection off of that pick, or "right to swap" and their second.

    Something like that.

    I love AV on our team though. He is really doing the work of three vets with all he does for our young guys. I bet he could do wonders to help Sac's youthy core.

  10. #533
    Rising Star BimboColesHair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    2,967
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 4,510 Times in 1,189 Posts

    Default Re: Anderson Varejao Trade Ideas

    Why the hell would we trade a 30 year old Andy, who people want to trade because he is "too old to be around when the Cavs are contending", for a 32 year old Pau Gasol who is a shadow of his former self and 1 year of Josh Smith? Trade Machine is back in full force...

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to BimboColesHair For This Useful Post:


  12. #534
    Rising Star MGMT's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Moving to Paris, to shoot some heroin and fuck with the stars
    Posts
    1,900
    Thanks
    1,145
    Thanked 1,455 Times in 590 Posts

    Default Re: Anderson Varejao Trade Ideas

    Quote Originally Posted by BobQCarter View Post
    Any body thinking we could trade rape the Kings somehow. AV could play the mentor/anchor/example role for their youth like he is for us, and we just hope that BScott and crew can knock some sense into Cousins. I'm thinking something like AV and Walton for Cousins, Salmons (or Garcia), and they pull some of the protection off of that pick, or "right to swap" and their second.

    Something like that.

    I love AV on our team though. He is really doing the work of three vets with all he does for our young guys. I bet he could do wonders to help Sac's youthy core.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to MGMT For This Useful Post:


  14. #535
    1234567890 Numbers Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    3,332
    Thanks
    816
    Thanked 1,503 Times in 481 Posts

    Default Re: Anderson Varejao Trade Ideas

    Quote Originally Posted by BobQCarter View Post
    Any body thinking we could trade rape the Kings somehow. AV could play the mentor/anchor/example role for their youth like he is for us, and we just hope that BScott and crew can knock some sense into Cousins. I'm thinking something like AV and Walton for Cousins, Salmons (or Garcia), and they pull some of the protection off of that pick, or "right to swap" and their second.

    Something like that.

    I love AV on our team though. He is really doing the work of three vets with all he does for our young guys. I bet he could do wonders to help Sac's youthy core.
    Here, we'll give you Andy .. give us your best player.. drop the protection on that pick, give us a 2nd and for your troubles we'll take Salmons.

    Not that it would, but, for a trade like that to happen.. we'd have to take both Salmons and Garcia, give them the rights to that pick back.. and give them our pick. He's the most talented Center in the league that hasn't put it together.. that doesn't mean they are gonna give us assets to take him.

    For the record.. I would be completely on board with trading Andy, our pick, and giving them their pick back for Cousins if they get completely fed up with him. Tristan fits perfectly next to Cousins with Kyrie and Dion on the perimeter? Yikes.

    Kyrie, Dion, Tristan, and Cousins has me drooling.. just too perfect to happen.

  15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Numbers Guy For This Useful Post:


  16. #536
    Private eyes, Watchin You Tornicade IED's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Columbus, oh
    Posts
    7,572
    Thanks
    2,012
    Thanked 4,689 Times in 2,067 Posts

    Default Re: Anderson Varejao Trade Ideas

    Quote Originally Posted by BimboColesHair View Post
    Why the hell would we trade a 30 year old Andy, who people want to trade because he is "too old to be around when the Cavs are contending", for a 32 year old Pau Gasol who is a shadow of his former self and 1 year of Josh Smith? Trade Machine is back in full force...
    Jodh dmith is 28 and one of the top defenders in the league and someone who would be quite more effective as the third scoring option thanhe is as first in atlanta. Pau is 32 but he will be an expiring next year which means the cavs could repackage him or have a solid post up guy on the team as zeller develops.

    This gives the Cavs two high caliber starters

    Its also give the Cavs to sign a top 5 free agent in josh smith with his bird rights.

    not to mentoion next year your looking at a playoff team.

    I know you guys disdain 1 and even 2 and outs but that is the normal progression for a potential championship team. Going from loisng to champions magically from one season to another is highly unlikely. a Natural progression is more likely.

    the longer the build goes without making it to the playofffs the more likely the build will require a few soft resets. that can take almost a decade to overcome.

  17. #537
    Rising Star "Boobie" Gibson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,352
    Thanks
    802
    Thanked 831 Times in 477 Posts

    Default Re: Anderson Varejao Trade Ideas

    Quote Originally Posted by Tornicade View Post
    Jodh dmith is 28 and one of the top defenders in the league and someone who would be quite more effective as the third scoring option thanhe is as first in atlanta. Pau is 32 but he will be an expiring next year which means the cavs could repackage him or have a solid post up guy on the team as zeller develops.

    This gives the Cavs two high caliber starters

    Its also give the Cavs to sign a top 5 free agent in josh smith with his bird rights.

    not to mentoion next year your looking at a playoff team.

    I know you guys disdain 1 and even 2 and outs but that is the normal progression for a potential championship team. Going from loisng to champions magically from one season to another is highly unlikely. a Natural progression is more likely.

    the longer the build goes without making it to the playofffs the more likely the build will require a few soft resets. that can take almost a decade to overcome.
    Sorry, it was just a horrible idea. Accept it and move on.

  18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to "Boobie" Gibson For This Useful Post:


  19. #538
    Private eyes, Watchin You Tornicade IED's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Columbus, oh
    Posts
    7,572
    Thanks
    2,012
    Thanked 4,689 Times in 2,067 Posts

    Default Re: Anderson Varejao Trade Ideas

    Quote Originally Posted by "Boobie" Gibson View Post
    Sorry, it was just a horrible idea. Accept it and move on.
    the point of the post was to show the caliber of player that would be involved in AV being traded.

    besides this is a fantasy thread. AV isnt going anywhere

  20. #539
    Mmhmm. AMC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Always Online
    Posts
    4,007
    Thanks
    1,571
    Thanked 2,275 Times in 585 Posts

    Default Re: Anderson Varejao Trade Ideas

    Quote Originally Posted by BobQCarter View Post
    Any body thinking we could trade rape the Kings somehow. AV could play the mentor/anchor/example role for their youth like he is for us, and we just hope that BScott and crew can knock some sense into Cousins. I'm thinking something like AV and Walton for Cousins, Salmons (or Garcia), and they pull some of the protection off of that pick, or "right to swap" and their second.

    Something like that.

    I love AV on our team though. He is really doing the work of three vets with all he does for our young guys. I bet he could do wonders to help Sac's youthy core.
    If they trade Demarcus Cousins...remind me who their youthy core is.

  21. #540
    Team Player
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    871
    Thanks
    175
    Thanked 303 Times in 181 Posts

    Default Re: Anderson Varejao Trade Ideas

    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    If they trade Demarcus Cousins...remind me who their youthy core is.
    I think he Kent that we will do the okc trade and atvdraft when the kings have another bad season we could entice them with our pick okc pick and seller. They would get 3top 5 picks and seller a good back up for cousins who they might not wanna resup. This would give us a potential big 3 with Irving waiters and cousins.

    That's how I see it I called the okc Houston trade back at draft time and I'm calling this
    2 for 2

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •