Page 37 of 56 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,275 Times in 585 Posts

Default Re: Anderson Varejao Trade Ideas

Quote Originally Posted by randymoss1881 View Post
    I think he Kent that we will do the okc trade and atvdraft when the kings have another bad season we could entice them with our pick okc pick and seller. They would get 3top 5 picks and seller a good back up for cousins who they might not wanna resup. This would give us a potential big 3 with Irving waiters and cousins.

That's how I see it I called the okc Houston trade back at draft time and I'm calling this
    2 for 2
    That is not at all what he meant. He never even mentioned the OKC Pick. And you called the OKC/Houston trade back at draft time? Is that right?

Would appreciate some proof.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,813 Times in 1,333 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Numbers Guy View Post
    Here, we'll give you Andy .. give us your best player.. drop the protection on that pick, give us a 2nd and for your troubles we'll take Salmons.

Not that it would, but, for a trade like that to happen.. we'd have to take both Salmons and Garcia, give them the rights to that pick back.. and give them our pick. He's the most talented Center in the league that hasn't put it together.. that doesn't mean they are gonna give us assets to take him.

For the record.. I would be completely on board with trading Andy, our pick, and giving them their pick back for Cousins if they get completely fed up with him. Tristan fits perfectly next to Cousins with Kyrie and Dion on the perimeter? Yikes.

Kyrie, Dion, Tristan, and Cousins has me drooling.. just too perfect to happen.
    Wait what? Varejao and a likely top 5 pick for Cousins? I mean I like Cousins and all, but that's....steep. Now if the Cavs start winning more (lol), and it becomes like 5-10, it's different. Though I don't think Sacramento would do that, and probably not the first one eiter.

Also, Tristan has hardly proven himself to be even a good first big off the bench, much less a starting PF. Doesn't matter how Cousins (or any other starting SF/PF/C) would fit with Thompson.

edit: to clarify, that initial kings trade with the kings lowering the level of protection, the cavs giving up not a whole lot, etc was obv real bad.

I think he Kent that we will do the okc trade and atvdraft when the kings have another bad season we could entice them with our pick okc pick and seller. They would get 3top 5 picks and seller a good back up for cousins who they might not wanna resup. This would give us a potential big 3 with Irving waiters and cousins.

That's how I see it I called the okc Houston trade back at draft time and I'm calling this
    2 for 2
    wat

Team Player
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    That is not at all what he meant. He never even mentioned the OKC Pick. And you called the OKC/Houston trade back at draft time? Is that right?

Would appreciate some proof.
    10-17-2012, 05:57 PM Thread: Anderson Varejao Trade Ideas
    by randymoss1881 Replies:541
    Views:31,435 Re: Anderson Varejao Trade Ideas
    i think another situation we could get involved in is i okc decides to trade harden. The rockets are really high on him and can offer kmartin. lamb and torontos pick. We could than try and come in as.

I guess i was thinking it back in june july but didnt put it into writting till then, but hey some credit for calling a trade a week and a half before it happend when no insiders were calling it

Private eyes, Watchin You Tornicade IED's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,692 Times in 2,069 Posts

Thanks

Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo

Thunder has recalled rookie forward Perry Jones, rookie guard Jeremy Lamb and center Daniel Orton from the Tulsa 66ers of the NBDL.

GAME ON! All 3 + TOR pick for Varejao.

Do it Grant.

Do it.

Thanks

i'm pretty sure teams can trade players when they are in the d-league so....

Rookie
    Thanks

Beyond the other possible trade scenarios posted in this thread, I think the Golden State Warriors might be a pretty good target for us. If they continue to win, I could see then wanting to add AV to take a real shot in the playoffs this year and next year. What would make a good trade with them in your eyes. My ideas is below:

Av for Barnes, their Utah Jazz #1, Biedrins and Fillers on both sides, if needed.

Thoughts?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Szuch77 For This Useful Post:

Practice Squad
    Thanks

Another idea. Andy, Casspi, and Walton's expiring to the T-Wolves for Pekovic, Derrick Williams, Roy, and first round picks in 2013 and 2015. The T-Wolves get an upgrade at center that should push them into the playoffs (their primary goal), a wing who provides space in Casspi and can fit with the other Minnesota wings, and cap relief. The Cavs get a very solid, younger (although only 3 and 1/3 years, not as much as people may think) in Pekovic, an offense oriented power forward who can play some small forward in Williams, and two picks that are at least assets for the future. Roy can be used to keep the Cavs at the cap floor while only being under contract for one year after this. He will quickly be an expiring contract and could hopefully play fifteen minutes a night backing up Waiters, but no real loss if he can't. The big caveat is that Pek is a restricted free agent this summer and it will probably take about 10 mill a year to resign him.
    Anyways, I see next years line up looking like this. Starters: Kyrie, Dion, Muhammed/Porter depending on draft, Williams, and Pekovic. Bench: Zeller, Tristan, Gee, Roy, Gibson, and back up point guard with the late first round pick from the Lakers/Heat. Crunch time lineup depends on matchups, particularly at the 3 and 4 where you would play the starters if you need offense, and Gee and Thompson if you need defense.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,964 Times in 525 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Szuch77 View Post
    Beyond the other possible trade scenarios posted in this thread, I think the Golden State Warriors might be a pretty good target for us. If they continue to win, I could see then wanting to add AV to take a real shot in the playoffs this year and next year. What would make a good trade with them in your eyes. My ideas is below:

Av for Barnes, their Utah Jazz #1, Biedrins and Fillers on both sides, if needed.

Thoughts?
    really like that idea. Biedrins is so bad that they might actually include Barnes/Thompson if we offer them Andy in return (Ezeli could play some center for the rest of the season...draft Len and the core of this team looks a lot better than it does now)

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b8bo46d
    Last edited by *L-Train*; 12-08-2012 at 10:38 AM.

Camp Invitee
    Thanks

new to the board but what do you guys think of a 3 way trade involving the kings and thunder.

kings out- cousins and garcia
    kings in- perk, lamb, pj3, tor pick, their kings pick back

thunder out-perk, lamb, pj3, tor pick
    thunder in- andy

cavs in- cousins and garcia
    cavs out- andy and kings pick

Thanks

That Golden State Warriors idea is pretty intriguing. While Barnes isn't setting the NBA world on fire, I think he has proven that a lot of us were a little harsh on him around the draft. (Well, at least I was) He's developing a decent post game, plays good defense, and he moves really well without the ball. Although, from the Cavs/GS game a little while back, he seemed like a dick. Throwing the ball at Gibson, etc.

Another idea I had is to just keep the Andy trading simple. Unlikely, but interesting to think about:

Cavs out: Andy
    Cavs in: Andre Drummond

Honestly, I'd add fillers, but I wouldn't know who would get them. That's how even the trade feels to me. Would we be get any picks, since we're trading an all-star for a prospect? Or would Detroit get picks because they're trading a rookie big that honestly, I like more than I like Noels (and he's #3 on my '13 draft board)? I think Drummond would go 2nd in the '13 draft. Maybe 3rd.

Cleveland will have the best young big in the NBA. Averaging 6.5 and 6.5 in only 17mins of play. That's a per 36 of 13ppg and 13rbg. He's also sporting a PER that's edging 21. His FG% is edging 60%. He'll be able to start along side Zeller or Len (my favorite '13 prospect so far), with Tristan coming off the bench.

Detroit. Anderson Varejao and Greg Monroe. Two of the best four centers in the Eastern Conference. Both able to play for extended minutes PF. Along with Maxiell that's the best frontcourt in the NBA.

EDIT: Removed some fillers that I earlier proposed. Made the trade not so simple anymore. Think this is fair though. Detroit trades their 2nd best young frontcourt for THE best overall frontcourt. We trade a great center for a younger, potentially greater center.

Of course, with the best frontcourt in the NBA, Detroit is no longer a rebuilding team, which makes the trade reasonable.

And triumph, lol yes.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,313 Times in 2,873 Posts

You won't be getting Drummond for Andy, not even worth discussing, but I admire your creativity.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Team Player
    Thanks

The one draw back we thought we had in a okc trade was the perkins howard matchup but after looking at a number of trade machines we would be able to do a trade and not take perk off there hands. They have a trade exeption that i believe they can you, a trade like this would look like:

varejo and lakers pick
    for
    collison, reggie jackson, pj3, liggins, trade exeption, and torontos pick

they would be able to keep perkins for the lakers then have AV come off the bench and play a major role vs other teams

Thanks
    Thanked 4,900 Times in 1,481 Posts

The one draw back we thought we had in a okc trade was the perkins howard matchup but after looking at a number of trade machines we would be able to do a trade and not take perk off there hands. They have a trade exeption that i believe they can you, a trade like this would look like:

varejo and lakers pick
    for
    collison, reggie jackson, pj3, liggins, trade exeption, and torontos pick

they would be able to keep perkins for the lakers then have AV come off the bench and play a major role vs other teams
    TPE's can't be added with other assets to make salaries match.

If OKC wanted to use their TPE as part of a multiple player trade the trade would have to occur in two simultaneous parts. One trade involving trading just the TPE for a player and another trade involving the rest of the parts. Both these trades must be legitimate and abide by all salary rules.

Therefore the TPE cannot be used in this situation.

Here is a situation where it could work:

Team A:
    8 million dollar player
    3 million dollar player

Team B:
    4 million dollar player
    4 million dollar player
    3 million dollar TPE

In this situation the TPE can be used, but not as part of a lump sum trade. Two trades would occur. Trade one involves trading the 8 million dollar player with the 4 million dollar players the second involves trading the 3 million dollar player for the 3 million dollar TPE.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GQinCtown View Post
    That Golden State Warriors idea is pretty intriguing. While Barnes isn't setting the NBA world on fire, I think he has proven that a lot of us were a little harsh on him around the draft. (Well, at least I was) He's developing a decent post game, plays good defense, and he moves really well without the ball. Although, from the Cavs/GS game a little while back, he seemed like a dick. Throwing the ball at Gibson, etc.

Another idea I had is to just keep the Andy trading simple. Unlikely, but interesting to think about:

Cavs out: Andy
    Cavs in: Andre Drummond

Honestly, I'd add fillers, but I wouldn't know who would get them. That's how even the trade feels to me. Would we be get any picks, since we're trading an all-star for a prospect? Or would Detroit get picks because they're trading a rookie big that honestly, I like more than I like Noels (and he's #3 on my '13 draft board)? I think Drummond would go 2nd in the '13 draft. Maybe 3rd.

Cleveland will have the best young big in the NBA. Averaging 6.5 and 6.5 in only 17mins of play. That's a per 36 of 13ppg and 13rbg. He's also sporting a PER that's edging 21. His FG% is edging 60%. He'll be able to start along side Zeller or Len (my favorite '13 prospect so far), with Tristan coming off the bench.

Detroit. Anderson Varejao and Greg Monroe. Two of the best four centers in the Eastern Conference. Both able to play for extended minutes PF. Along with Maxiell that's the best frontcourt in the NBA.

Heh, when I explain it that way, I feel like we might even be able to scrape something else from the trade. Lotto protected pick? Or a Top-3 protected pick if we take on one of their plethora of bad contracts? I actually wouldn't mind having Stuckey or Maggette here playing Pargo/Sloan/Casspi/Miles minutes for a year or two. Maybe we can even grab Kyle Singler, who's averaging 9ppg as a rookie this season.

I guess the trade isn't so simple anymore. Ooops.
    lol no.

it is insane how you manage to propose a woefully lopsided trade favoring the cavs, and then go on to get even more greedy by adding additional pieces. that is....impressive.

the initial trade is horrible for the pistons. they are rebuilding, just like the cavs, giving them no need for varejao. breaking up the best (or second best) young frontcourt in the league obviously makes absolutely no sense and even the pistons are not dumb enough to do so.
    Last edited by Triumph36; 12-08-2012 at 10:13 PM.