Page 38 of 56 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
    The Bushido doctrine Homer Safari's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,149 Times in 2,272 Posts

Default Re: Anderson Varejao Trade Ideas

Detroit is building like us. they dont want Andy. for any of their youth .

Thanks
    Thanked 4,285 Times in 1,774 Posts

Why the trade machine sucks: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=azm657p

Saw that deal posted on ESPN. Had to show it here.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SRStark20 View Post
    Why the trade machine sucks: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=azm657p

That could totally happen...

Thanks

What does that have to do with our ideas of trading Anderson Varejao? Just saying.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by UncleDrew View Post
    What does that have to do with our ideas of trading Anderson Varejao? Just saying.
    Nothing, he's probably just pointing out that the people who are using the trade machine are, more often than not, proposing ridiculous trade ideas.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to "Boobie" Gibson For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,952 Times in 841 Posts

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bjzsz7o

I'll do this trade with the Kings conditioned on removing the protection on the pick they owe us.
    When in doubt, step up the defense

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mAo_mAo View Post
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bjzsz7o

I'll do this trade with the Kings conditioned on removing the protection on the pick they owe us.
    Ew. I did not like Thomas Robinson coming out of college and I don't like him now.

But if the Kings were ever actually going to do anything with the protection, they would lessen it. I highly doubt they would completely remove it.

Thanks

How about Andy to the Rockets for:
    Pat Patterson, a draft pick, and maybe Chandler Parsons?

Thanks
    Thanked 4,285 Times in 1,774 Posts

I'm still not fully on board for trading Andy, but if we do, here is a deal I wouldn't mind seeing.

Minnesota Gets: Anderson Varejao, Daniel Gibson, Samardo Samuels, 2013 Second Round Pick (via Orlando)
    Cleveland Gets: Nikola Pekovic, JJ Barea, Dante Cunningham

For Minnesota:

Anderson Varejao instantly pushes them a bit higher up in the Western Conference contention, as he, along with Kevin Love, instantly become the best rebounding tandem in the league. The hustle of Varejao gives Minnesota around three to six extra chances per game, which helps them put away some of the more elite teams, such as San Antonio and Los Angeles. Varejao would likely be starting alongside Kevin Love, as Minnesota does lose their current starting center, Nikola Pekovic, in this deal.

Daniel Gibson can provide a high energy man off the bench with his excellent long-range shooting skills and solid perimeter defense. He also has a good deal of playoff experience, and even started in the 2007 NBA Finals, which could prove useful to a rather young Minnesota team.

Samardo Samuels is a bit of a throw-in, as it is pretty clear at this point that he is nothing more than an end of the bench big that you put in when you're down twenty, or up twenty. He is in so that Minnesota has an extra backup big due to their loss of Dante Cunningham.

The 2013 Second Round pick from Orlando is merely a throw-in.

For Cleveland:

Nikola Pekovic is the main grab in this deal. The 6'11'' big man is quietly becoming one of the better centers in the league, and while he currently is not putting up major offensive or rebounding numbers (13.6 PPG/7.6 RPG), he could provide quite a spark on a rebuilding Cavalier ballclub. He is still only 26 years old, which means, barring injury, that he should have at least eight more seasons in the league where he is performing at or near his highest caliber. Although his shot-blocking and rebounding could use a bit of work, Pekovic would become the best big-man on the Cavaliers ballclub with the departure of Varejao, and would look to grow with our young core of Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson, Dion Waiters, and Tyler Zeller.

JJ Barea is another solid pickup in this deal, and likely would become the backup point guard to Kyrie Irving when he returns. He is only 28 years old as well, and would be locked up for two more seasons after this year. He would likely push Donald Sloan out of the rotation, but I don't think too many people would be complaining about that. A point guard depth chart of Kyrie Irving, JJ Barea, and Jeremy Pargo certainly isn't awful.

Dante Cunningham is a bit more of a throw-in to help balance the salaries a bit, although he is a solid player in his own regard. A second round pick in the 2009 draft, Cunningham is a 6'8'' power forward who is averaging eight points and five rebounds a night. These numbers will likely begin to steadily drop however, as the return of Kevin Love is going to be eating up a bit of the playing time he was getting earlier in the year. He would help us forget about the likes of Samardo Samuels and Jon Leuer coming off of the bench, and could form a solid tandem with Zeller for the rotational bench bigs.

Thoughts? I did use the Trade Machine (hypocrisy at its best) to make sure the salaries lined up. My only concern is that we may be ripping off Minnesota a bit, and they wouldn't want this deal.
    Last edited by Stark; 12-09-2012 at 02:55 PM.

Team Player
    Thanks

Minnesota isnt trading Peck. That guy is an animal and has stated that he want to stay there

Team Player
    Thanks

How bout Av for bismack biyombo, henderson, and a unprotected pick (hey they say weak draft).

Biyomobo is alot of potential as a defender and can play center and we would get a lottery pick. If he keeps improving his defense he would be a good starter and we could even slide Thompson to the bench (not a shot at TT just saying he would soar in a 6man role) and draft mcadoo or len with the cats pick. He has the athletiscm to play power foward if we drafted alex len.

I like a center who steps his game up vs the best he went 10points, 15rbs, 7blks and 11points, 10rbs, 4blks earlier that season something has to be said for the numbers vs dwight howard.

Thanks

Well Biyombo is like 35 and terrible, so probably not.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to "Boobie" Gibson For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,973 Times in 636 Posts

Thoughts? I did use the Trade Machine (hypocrisy at its best) to make sure the salaries lined up. My only concern is that we may be ripping off Minnesota a bit, and they wouldn't want this deal.
    Us ripping Minnesota off?

I would be furious if we were to trade Andy for a worse (arguably far worse, certainly defensively) player who's only around 3 years younger than him.

Thanks

Some of these ideas are so idiotic.

You know we don't have to trade Andy? We could actually keep a very good and loyal player in Cleveland... but instead we want to cash him out for a draft pick in a draft that doesn't even have a clear number 1 pick. I don't see a lot of value in the 2013 crop of players. Andy shall and will remain a Cavalier.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,771 Times in 1,058 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by beefstew View Post
    Some of these ideas are so idiotic.

You know we don't have to trade Andy? We could actually keep a very good and loyal player in Cleveland... but instead we want to cash him out for a draft pick in a draft that doesn't even have a clear number 1 pick. I don't see a lot of value in the 2013 crop of players. Andy shall and will remain a Cavalier.
    Andy was really loyal when he held out... I'm not against keeping him, but loyalty is not a reason to keep him.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Mdog1 For This Useful Post: