Page 40 of 56 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
    Team Player
    Thanks

Default Re: Anderson Varejao Trade Ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Triumph36 View Post
    absolutely no way the cavs should take on $20M in completely useless salary while giving up varejao just to get harrison effing barnes.
    True but we will have to take atleast one of them or give them a pick. Lets hope AV keeps it up cause not only would he look great with that team as a perfect match with lee and the guards but thats a great trade for us. Irving Waiters Barnes that is great. He would be our 3rd scorer which would be a good role for him and all 3 players can shoot

Practice Squad
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Triumph36 View Post
    minnesota gets raped so, so badly.

that package wouldn't even net kevin love alone, much less love and pekovic.
    The fact of the matter is that there is no way Minnesota gets more than this for Kevin Love. This is comparable to what the Nuggets and OKC got for Melo, if not better. It's also significantly better than what the Magic got for Howard. I am as big a Kevin Love fan as the next guy, but the facts are that Minnesota hasn't made the playoffs with him, and he hasn't drastically altered their record this year. He may soon get the reputation of a all-stats/no results guy, deserved or not. Currently Varejao has a higher PER than Love and is a way better defender. The other thing that has to be taken into account is Pekovic being a restricted free agent this summer. Chances are AV, TT, and all of those picks would cost the T-Wolves less than Love and Pek, at least in the short term. Finally, Minnesota isn't that young, they probably need to win now for Kahn to keep his job. They can do it this way while keeping flexibility and gaining assets.

whatever
    Thanks

However, team sources maintain that Kahn is not making any calls for now until he sees how point guard Ricky Rubio looks, beginning with his expected season debut on Saturday against Dallas at Target Center.

That hasn't stopped Kahn from answering the phone, though. League sources insist both Cleveland and Toronto have reached out in recent weeks.

The Cavaliers are gauging interest in center Anderson Varejao, whom I'm told the Timberwolves like a lot. He's signed through 2015 at less than $10 million per season.
    Barea, Williams, and 2 first round picks for Varejao and a couple 2nds

Thanks
    Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,472 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GQinCtown View Post
    While I'll agree that the trade proposal was out there, I think it would work to net Love by himself. Of course, Minnesota is looking to trade Love, so the whole conversation is moot. However...

A center averaging 15 and 15, a 21 year old Tristan Thompson, two lottery picks, one potentially being top 3, and an extra 1st round pick wouldn't be enough for Kevin Love? I like that package more than what Denver got for Carmelo, or what Utah got for Deron Williams. Hell, it's better than what OKC got for Harden and what New Orleans got for Chris Paul combined! ( Eric Gordan can't stay healthy and I think PJ3 is going to be a bust)

I know you just love to tell people how much their ideas suck, but you're just being outrageous here. That package would be overpaying for Kevin Love. Andy and a top 3 pick is a lot of asset. Throw in Tristan Thompson, another lotto pick, and another first rounder? C'mon now.

Also, while I'm here, I might as well get this out. The Sacramento pick is horribly underrated around here. We're talking about a lotto pick here. Same as any lottery pick. The odds of the Kings not being out of the cellar for at least one year (ala '09-'10 Bobcats) by 2017 is extremely low. I think of that pick as any other lotto pick. The same type of lotto pick that the majority of the board was willing to trade Andy for before he turned into Super Andy this season. We'll get it eventually. Just because we won't be getting the lotto pick in this shit draft doesn't make it any less of a lotto pick.
    In what universe does that package net quite possibly the BEST PF IN THE GAME WHO IS 24 YEARS OLD AND SIGNED FOR THREE MORE YEARS.

Seriously.

Tristan Thompson? He's proven to be what, exactly? Oh, right, maybe a first big off the bench. Varejao? Doesn't matter what he's averaging. The Wolves have no use for him unless they aren't giving up Love. If the Cavs trade for Kevin Love this year, their draft pick definitely wouldn't end in the top 3 either, and this draft is weaker on top of that.

Again, the Paul, Melo, etc situations are not at all comparable. They were upcoming free agents. Love has THREE years left.

If Minnesota puts Love on the table, damn near every single team in the league will be pushing for him and that Cavs offer is not anywhere close to enough to get it done.

Saying that package is overpaying is flat out homer nonsense. If Kahn were somehow dumb enough to do that it would be one of the biggest trade steals of the decade.

Quote Originally Posted by runningfan2 View Post
    The fact of the matter is that there is no way Minnesota gets more than this for Kevin Love. This is comparable to what the Nuggets and OKC got for Melo, if not better. It's also significantly better than what the Magic got for Howard. I am as big a Kevin Love fan as the next guy, but the facts are that Minnesota hasn't made the playoffs with him, and he hasn't drastically altered their record this year. He may soon get the reputation of a all-stats/no results guy, deserved or not. Currently Varejao has a higher PER than Love and is a way better defender. The other thing that has to be taken into account is Pekovic being a restricted free agent this summer. Chances are AV, TT, and all of those picks would cost the T-Wolves less than Love and Pek, at least in the short term. Finally, Minnesota isn't that young, they probably need to win now for Kahn to keep his job. They can do it this way while keeping flexibility and gaining assets.
    LOL

Howard et all were going to be free agents. How do you not understand this?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zone View Post
    Barea, Williams, and 2 first round picks for Varejao and a couple 2nds
    Gauging interest from Twolves forum, this seems to be the general consensus:

Any deal not involving Pek, Love, Ricky, Shved or AK is fine by me.
    The main proposed deal includes Williams/Ridnour/Stiemsma/#1 (lottery protected). I don't think Grant goes for that. They'd have to substitute Budinger for Stiemsma for me to start to consider.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Henry Tuttle For This Useful Post:

Practice Squad
    Thanks

As I said at the beginning of the trade proposal with Love, I understand this won't happen. It was just a hypothetical. The only way Minnesota trades Love is if they feel he is going to cause major problems because of how unhappy he is. That being said, if the Cavs trade Varejao and don't get a young big who can play center in return, who is going to protect the rim? Tristan Thompson is on his way to being a very good defensive player, but he's 6'9. Zeller is a decent help defender who gets hammered on the block. You can't be all youth and win in this league, especially if you can't protect the rim either.

Practice Squad
    Thanks

Maybe include a Minnesota 1st rounder included? Maybe include Berea instead of Ridnour. http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bu7lj47

Practice Squad
    Thanks

Or this, but im not sure if they want to trade Pekovic

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=d4o96kn

Thanks
    Thanked 2,986 Times in 777 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Tuttle View Post
    Gauging interest from Twolves forum, this seems to be the general consensus:

The main proposed deal includes Williams/Ridnour/Stiemsma/#1 (lottery protected). I don't think Grant goes for that. They'd have to substitute Budinger for Stiemsma for me to start to consider.
    This isn't a terrible deal. I like Williams and he'd have an opportunity to log minutes at both the 3 and 4. Stiemsma is filler, but he's a big body. Ridnour would be much better at backup point then anything else we have. The pick would be something we could potentially package with our Lakers swap and move up.

Not a terrible deal, but I'd like to get more for Andy with his stock as high as it is.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to pr26 For This Useful Post:

Practice Squad
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FCK_LBJ View Post
    Or this, but im not sure if they want to trade Pekovic

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=d4o96kn
    Golden State probably doesn't do that.

Thanks

Hmmm....

Spears On Trade Candidates
    December 14 at 7:20pm CST By Chuck Myron

In addition to the well-documented cases of Pau Gasol, Jose Calderon and Anderson Varejao, Marc J. Spears of Yahoo! Sports shares a litany of tidbits from high-ranking executives on trade candidates from around the league. Here's the chatter going on about each player:

Andrea Bargnani, Raptors — "Toronto definitely wants to move Bargnani," a GM told Spears.

MarShon Brooks, Nets — The Nets put him on the trading block over the summer, but his rookie-scale contract is making it hard for the team to part with him, since there are few more valuable players on the market with a matching salary.

Andrew Bynum, Sixers — The Sixers are trying to find another starting center, according to Spears, who hears from a GM who figures the team is starting to get panicked about Bynum health. "They could get a really interesting deal for (Bynum)," the GM said. "I could see them doing that."

Tyreke Evans, Kings — Despite a meeting with GM Geoff Petrie that went well, according to a source close to Evans, the Kings will trade him if they don't think they can afford to re-sign him as a restricted free agent this summer.

Tyler Hansbrough, Pacers — Spears speculates that the team could trade him for help at the wing.

Gerald Henderson, Bobcats — Like Evans, Henderson will likely be dealt if the team decides against re-signing the restricted free agent over the summer.

Kevin Love, Timberwolves — "I don't think that's a match that is permanent in Minnesota," an assistant GM tells Spears. "I'm not saying they're shopping, but if they can get the right deal they would look at it. And I don't think he wants to be there."

Paul Millsap, Jazz — The Jazz are more likely to trade Millsap than Al Jefferson because Millsap, who makes almost half as much money, will "go to the highest bidder" in free agency next summer, according to a GM.

Timofey Mozgov, Nuggets — With Mozgov a restricted free agent next summer, the Nuggets are likely to go with Kosta Koufos and JaVale McGee in the middle instead, and with other Nuggets set to hit the market, a rival GM tells Spears that Denver won't pay the luxury tax.

Derrick Williams, Timberwolves — Both player and team would be pleased with a trade, and an executive for another team warns that Williams' value is shrinking as he continues to sit on Minnesota's bench.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to UncleDrew For This Useful Post:

Thanks

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=c6mk8jc

Cavaliers would also get Minnesota's #1 (lotto protected), Rapters get Cavaliers' Miami pick included.

Practice Squad
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by UncleDrew View Post
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=c6mk8jc

Cavaliers would also get Minnesota's #1 (lotto protected), Rapters get Cavaliers' Miami pick included.
    Interesting, but I don't think the Cavs do it. I think there has to be one surefire great asset in any Varejao trade, and Williams doesn't qualify.

Thanks

The Wolves would like to send Derrick Williams out as part of a package, and Ingram thinks Williams might fit in well with the Cavs. Earlier today, we heard that Minnesota reportedly has strong interest in Anderson Varejao.

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2012/12/i...iams-mayo.html

Interesting...would like to see what would be packaged with Derrick Williams for Varejao?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,472 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by UncleDrew View Post
    The Wolves would like to send Derrick Williams out as part of a package, and Ingram thinks Williams might fit in well with the Cavs. Earlier today, we heard that Minnesota reportedly has strong interest in Anderson Varejao.

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2012/12/i...iams-mayo.html

Interesting...would like to see what would be packaged with Derrick Williams for Varejao?
    the problem is they don't really have expendable assets. rubio, love, and pek are off the table. kahn loves shved, so he probably is too (not that i'd be all that interested, but still). so what's left?

if they stay healthy, minn has a damn good shot at making the playoffs this year. the draft is already weak, and a non-lottery pick isn't all that appealing. future picks are unlikely to be that high, so they aren't appealing either. so they have....marginal, young role players (budinger, lee, stiemsma, etc). none of them are really enough to get it done.