Page 41 of 56 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
    Practice Squad
    Thanks

Default Re: Anderson Varejao Trade Ideas

I'd insist on Pek and a first round pick along with Williams, I would be willing to throw in Walton's expiring if they wanted to get rid of Barea or Ridnour. If Minnesota doesn't want to do it, that's their choice.

Practice Squad
    Thanks

Here's an idea for a three team trade that makes sense for all involved. The Cavs receive Derrick Favors, Alec Burks, and Lamar Odom (who they would buy out or waive). The Clippers receive Anderson Varejao and their choice of Samardo Samuels, Jon Leuer, or Kevin Jones. The Jazz receive Eric Bledsoe, Ronny Turiaf, and the Clippers first round pick.

The Cavs get a young big who is already productive and has tons of upside in Favors. He is the exact kind of young player you trade someone like Varejao for. While Burks has struggled this year, he had a solid rookie year as a slasher and defender last year and many experts, including Chad Ford and John Hollinger thought after Kyrie Irving and Derrick Williams, Burks was the player mostly likely to make an all star team in his class.

The Clippers are in "win now mode" as much as any other team in the league due to their desire to keep Chris Paul. Varejao is just the kind of player who solidifies a team like that as true championship contenders. Along with Paul, Griffin, Jordan, Butler, Crawford, and Billups. The Clippers can field a team that is excellent on both offense and defense. Their choice out of Leuer, Samuels, or Jones would either play at the end of the bench make up the minutes and poor production of Odom.

The Jazz are known to be in the market for a point guard upgrade despite the solid play of Mo Williams. Eric Bledsoe is looking more and more like a future star in this league as an elite two-way threat. He give the Jazz their point guard of the present and future. Turiaf is a veteran bench big who has extensive playoff experience and would fit as Utah's fourth big assuming Kanter gets most or all of Favors's minutes. The Jazz could then resign Jefferson and Millsap, who, while older, are still the two best offensive players on that team. They also get a first round pick since they trade big for small, even though the talent is fairly even.

Odom will either be out of the league or resign with the Lakers. Either way is kind of sad in its own right.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,101 Times in 1,476 Posts

jazz aren't going to trade favors. esp for a guard.
    Last edited by Triumph36; 12-15-2012 at 09:09 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Triumph36 For This Useful Post:

Situational Stopper Halloween Runner Champion Jellyfish Invaders Champion Cheesy Pizza Designer 2 : Cheddar Madness Champion Worm Happy Champion Escher Champion Snake Champion Snake Champion Fishenoid Champion Turbospot Champion Bullet Blocker Champion Jigsaw: Grapes Champion Cuboy Facebutt Champion Imbossible Champion Jigsaw: Purple Decoration Champion Jigsaw: Mushrooms And Wine Champion Skedaddle Champion BubbleWrap Champion Bridgit Mendler Puzzle Game Champion Cascade Champion Displacer Champion Track the Ball Champion Jigsaw: Old Stone Bridge Champion Jigsaw: Evening Light Champion Hidden Ambers - Nature 3 Champion Water Man Champion Sweet hearts Champion Jigsaw: Guacamole Champion
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by runningfan2 View Post
    I'd insist on Pek and a first round pick along with Williams, I would be willing to throw in Walton's expiring if they wanted to get rid of Barea or Ridnour. If Minnesota doesn't want to do it, that's their choice.
    Haha, may as well demand Rubio too if we're gunna all out rape them.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,128 Times in 3,443 Posts

Do we even want Derrick Williams?
    The artist formerly known as cmstophe

Team Player
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by runningfan2 View Post
    What?

AV for Peck and memphis 1st is a steal. Peck is an animal in the paint he also has a nice jumpshot and is a good pick and roll player. He averaged 14ppg and 7 rpg last year in 27mn 27min folks. Everyone says you need a low post scorer to be a contender and this guy is that. He fits in well with TT and him and Kyrie and dion would be great in the P&R. The only down size is h will have to be paid this offseason. But finding players that can score like him is hard to come by also he is only 26

Thanks

Wow these trades have really fallen off a cliff here....

Thanks
    Thanked 5,281 Times in 1,598 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by UncleDrew View Post
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=c6mk8jc

Cavaliers would also get Minnesota's #1 (lotto protected), Rapters get Cavaliers' Miami pick included.
    Doubt the Miami pick gets moved. That pick is basically handcuffed with the swappable Lakers pick. That Lakers pick has a very good chance at being in the teens.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to caf For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,101 Times in 1,476 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cafemerald View Post
    Doubt the Miami pick gets moved. That pick is basically handcuffed with the swappable Lakers pick. That Lakers pick has a very good chance at being in the teens.
    'very good' doesn't mean what you think it does

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Do we even want Derrick Williams?
    I don't. Other people seem to..

Quote Originally Posted by Triumph36 View Post
    'very good' doesn't mean what you think it does
    I figured he meant is as 'very little'

Thanks
    Thanked 1,619 Times in 519 Posts

A league executive speculates that the Cavs will hold on to Varejao through the summer of 2014, when LeBron James can become a free agent, so they can make a pitch to their erstwhile superstar. In any case, the Cavs have set Varejao's asking price too high for other teams' tastes, as they often do with their many of their players, according to Aldridge.
    The Spurs asked the Cavs about Anderson Varejao, but talks didn't proceed too far.
    I'm assuming the first player out of Grant's mouth was Kawhi. That would be an interesting deal for us.

However, for salaries to match Stephen Jackson's expiring would have to be worked into the deal.. leaving them with a huge hole at SF. Gee, Casspi, or Miles would have to be included on our part unless a 3 team deal is worked out.
    Last edited by Numbers Guy; 12-18-2012 at 02:59 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Numbers Guy View Post
    I'm assuming the first player out of Grant's mouth was Kawhi. That would be an interesting deal for us.

However, for salaries to match Stephen Jackson's expiring would have to be worked into the deal.. leaving them with a huge hole at SF. Gee, Casspi, or Miles would have to be included on our part unless a 3 team deal is worked out.
    Sounds like a "league executive " is cranky about the Cav's hardline negotiating tactics. Probably Stern trying to get Andy to the Knicks for Stat and a bag of peanuts...

I dont see the motivation in San Antonio anyway. Of the teams in the league at the top tier, it seems to me that the Spurs benefit the least from AV.
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit - Aristotle as quoted by Shaq..

Thanks
    Thanked 1,326 Times in 546 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Numbers Guy View Post

I'd be more than happy to include Gee, Miles, or Casspi if it meant getting Kawhi back. He'd literally be the absolute perfect fit for where we're at as a franchise and what we need (young, great perimeter defender, plays a major position of need, very good rebounder, etc.). We'd have the following starting lineup:

PG: Irving
    SG: Waiters
    SF: Kawhi
    PF: Thompson
    C: Zeller

That'd be freaking amazing, and we'd still have all of our picks. That being said, I don't know why the Spurs would ever trade Leonard for AV. It'd also be tough to find a deal that made sense for both sides. The only one I could even get to work in the trade machine is this:

Cavs get:
    Leonard
    Diaw
    Bonner

Spurs get:
    AV
    Gee (or CJ Miles)

Spurs would probably need to add in a pick or something in there, but the salaries match up. There just aren't a lot of guys they can realistically trade though. Again, they seem like an unlikely team as I don't think they'd really want to part with Leonard.

Thanks

A 3 team trade between Cavs, TWolves and Lakers may help to satisfy all teams wishes. I have no knowledge of salary numbers, but I would entertain the idea of Derrick Wiiliams, JJ Barea, and Jordan Hill coming to the Cavs along with a pick or two for Andy. Not sure if I like that package, just thinking out loud.

Miracle of Richfield daytripper's Avatar
    Thanks

I had suggested in this thread a few weeks ago the Cavs could deal Andy in a 3 way w/ Minn and Boston getting D.Williams, Sullinger, filler and picks but tbh agree with the 'league executive' who thinks Andy isn't going anywhere, unless of course the Cavs get blown away. Derrick Williams is looking like a tweener type whose ceiling may be an Al Harrington type. Kawhi Leonard could potentially be the type of player they want back but don't see the Spurs dealing him.

Free agency 2014 is 'only' 18 months down the road. I'm not holding my breath waiting on LeBron to ever come back but can see how a Varejao/Dion/Irving/Zeller/2013 lotto pick could be a nice core of players to possibly at least tempt him to consider playing at home again. Maybe it's only a million in one shot but can see why even a slim possibility of the league's best player coming home could at least influence some of their thinking.