Page 49 of 56 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast
    Team Player
    Thanks

Default Re: Anderson Varejao Trade Ideas

Id rather get barnes even if it means taking on beirdrins and jefferson which would make them players in free agency. We arnt getting love or lbj is a log shot barnes just fits in perfectly and with so meny big men in this draft getting barnes would be great. Imagine getting barnes and drafting len

Irving
    Waiters
    Barnes
    TT
    Len

Love that team great spacing and everyone there has good defensive potential.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to randymoss1881 For This Useful Post:

Rising Star
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,805 Times in 643 Posts

Its been reported that the Spurs are big fans of Varejao. Would anyone be interested in Kawhi Leonard?

Incredibly unlikely the Spurs would move him but just throwing the idea out there..... He seems like the type of person the Cavs want to build around.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,706 Times in 1,576 Posts

I'm not sure Spurs would give up Leonard though and just leave their SF rotation to Stephen Jackson...

And I do like Leonard but his average spot-up shooting wouldn't help...

I would love Barnes but there's no way I could see them giving up him for Varejao, especially when they have Richard Jefferson left at SF...

Other Andy trades that I've been wondering about:

- anyone think Indy would trade Hibbert for Varejao?
    - MIL has some interesting prospects to offer... What about a '14 1st, Larry Sanders and Tobias Harris for Varejao and Casspi?
    - would BOS do some type of Jeff Green & Avery Bradley? I'm not sure I'd trade Varejao for that, but....
    - if Philly wouldn't want to trade Bynum I wonder if they would do something built around Thad Young...
    - A potential DEN package of Faried and Wilson Chandler could be appealing...

Right now I don't see any straight up trade that looks really appealing, other than OKC... And I don't think OKC has the motivation or is that willing to give up a big package like the Cavs seek...

With that said, I think if Varejao gets traded it'll be a 3-way with a 3rd team helping to facilitate get a player the Cavs like... Because right now I don't see any straight up trades that would net them a package they like for him...
    Last edited by Smooth; 12-31-2012 at 01:15 AM.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Smooth For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,253 Times in 781 Posts

I do not like to post trade ideas very often but here we go:

Going off of what Smooth said, the deal will likely be a 3-way deal, the Suns facilitate with their pick, and clearing their own bad contracts.

Cavs in:
    Tiago Splitter
    Kawhi Leonard
    Suns 2013 1st Round pick (Top 2 Protected)

Spurs in:
    Anderson Varejao
    Channing Frye
    Jared Dudley

Suns in:
    Stephen Jackson
    Omri Casspi
    (Cavs remove swap with Laker pick, resulting with the Suns owning the Laker pick)

In this deal the Cavs acquire the two young players they desire, as well as a very good draft pick. The Spurs make the Championship push by adding needed size as well as a veteran wing in Dudley. And lastly, the Suns save a little over $27,000,000 in salary while gaining a young wing in Casspi to replace Dudley.
    Last edited by AMC; 12-31-2012 at 04:07 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post

Going off of what Smooth said, the deal will likely be a 3-way deal, the Suns facilitate with their pick, and clearing their own bad contracts.

Cavs in:
    Tiago Splitter
    Kawhi Leonard
    *Suns 2011 1st Round pick (Top 2 Protected)

Spurs in:
    Anderson Varejao
    Channing Frye
    Jared Dudley

Suns in:
    Stephen Jackson
    Omri Casspi
    (Cavs remove swap with Laker pick, resulting with the Suns owning the Laker pick)

In this deal the Cavs acquire the two young players they desire, as well as a very good draft pick. The Spurs make the Championship push by adding needed size as well as a veteran wing in Dudley. And lastly, the Suns save a little over $27,000,000 in salary while gaining a young wing in Casspi to replace Dudley.
    *Sweet we get Markieff Morris!!!11

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Len For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Len View Post
    *Sweet we get Markieff Morris!!!11
    Didn't catch that, thank you haha.

Practice Squad
    Thanks

Cavs in:
    Tiago Splitter
    Kawhi Leonard

Spurs in:
    Anderson Varejao
    Channing Frye
    Jared Dudley

Suns in:
    Stephen Jackson
    Omri Casspi

I like the basics here, but I don't see the Cavs getting the Suns' pick in the deal. I am also a bit concerned about Splitter being a restricted free agent, but the Cavs should be able to resign him fairly easily. I think in the right opportunity he could be a more affordable Brook Lopez and nearly as good.

The Canadian
    Thanks

Doubt the Spurs would want to trade Stephen Jackson either.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pl4tinum View Post
    Doubt the Spurs would want to trade Stephen Jackson either.
    Anderson Varejao and Jared Dudley >>>> 7 ppg Stephen Jackson

13. The Following User Says Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

The Original HN3108 bigfoot5415's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,263 Times in 537 Posts

Spurs will not move their key young player for what theyre receiving. Not to mention they would be giving up their backup SF as well. I feel like they would want Gee. Then that leaves us with a SF hole. There is not enough value for SAS or PHX for this trade to happen.

I do like the GSW trade though. Andy helps solidify they're front court, and pushes them up further in the West. Barnes isnt doing a whole lot now, but does not fit next two Curry & Thompson. He would fit perfectly next to two play makers. IMO he would be maximized next to Dion, and likewise for Dion. They need a now piece.
    Wiggins Watch 2014

Thanks
    Thanked 1,326 Times in 546 Posts

Cavs in:
    Tiago Splitter
    Kawhi Leonard

Spurs in:
    Anderson Varejao
    Channing Frye
    Jared Dudley

Suns in:
    Stephen Jackson
    Omri Casspi

Great trade for the Cavs, awful trade for the Spurs. We get a future All-NBA Defender at SF, a good rotational big, and improve on the Lakers pick. This trade would leave the Spurs with a massive hole at SF. Gee would almost certainly have to be going to the Spurs as well, which really doesn't matter because we're getting Leonard in return. I'd do that trade in a second. Then we'd be in a position where we could just take the best player available in the draft, minus PG. That means Shabazz, Len, Zeller, Noel, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot5415 View Post
    Spurs will not move their key young player for what theyre receiving. Not to mention they would be giving up their backup SF as well. I feel like they would want Gee. Then that leaves us with a SF hole. There is not enough value for SAS or PHX for this trade to happen.

I do like the GSW trade though. Andy helps solidify they're front court, and pushes them up further in the West. Barnes isnt doing a whole lot now, but does not fit next two Curry & Thompson. He would fit perfectly next to two play makers. IMO he would be maximized next to Dion, and likewise for Dion. They need a now piece.
    How would we have a hole at SF if we get Leonard in return? He'd be a way better fit than Barnes. Excellent perimeter defender, good rebounder, solid range, etc.

Thanks

Leonard is not good. Neither is Splitter. When are people gonna learn that everyone is overrated on the Spurs. Shit, they even made Danny Green look good. Leonard is an obvious upgrade over Gee offensively but he still has limitations. Defensively they're the same thing.

Only trade I like would be to GS for Barnes. Andy/CJ for Barnes/Biedrins. Not sure if GS would do it but I think they'd be interested.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ice cream man For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Here's one I came up with

Cavs get
    Kevin Love
    Brandon Roy

Minny gets
    VarejŠo
    Walton
    Gibson
    2013 1st round (Miami)
    Sac pick
    2013 second round pick (Orlando)
    Cash considerations

I think they should do that trade.

And another question. If we trade away Miami's 2013 1st round pick, then can we still use LA's 1st round pick, or would that go to them?

The second of his name. theSTEREO.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,308 Times in 2,019 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Winnersville View Post
    Here's one I came up with

Cavs get
    Kevin Love
    Brandon Roy

Minny gets
    VarejŠo
    Walton
    Gibson
    2013 1st round (Miami)
    Sac pick
    2013 second round pick (Orlando)
    Cash considerations

I think they should do that trade.

And another question. If we trade away Miami's 2013 1st round pick, then can we still use LA's 1st round pick, or would that go to them?
    1) That looks like a lot, but its really just Andy, a really really late first, and filler. Not much value in it for Minny. If you're talking Kevin Love, you'd need to at least throw in one of our own firsts and/or a young player like Dion, Tristan or Tyler.

2) No, if you trade the Miami pick, the Lakers option still exists, but only if we trade our least favorable pick with them. Unless you wanna give them our own pick in return, it won't work.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by theSTEREO. View Post
    1) That looks like a lot, but its really just Andy, a really really late first, and filler. Not much value in it for Minny. If you're talking Kevin Love, you'd need to at least throw in one of our own firsts and/or a young player like Dion, Tristan or Tyler.

2) No, if you trade the Miami pick, the Lakers option still exists, but only if we trade our least favorable pick with them. Unless you wanna give them our own pick in return, it won't work.
    Think a 2014 1st (ours) would work?