VarejŠo
    Walton
    Gibson
    2013 1st round (Miami)
    Sac pick
    2013 second round pick (Orlando)
    Cash considerations

I think they should do that trade.

And another question. If we trade away Miami's 2013 1st round pick, then can we still use LA's 1st round pick, or would that go to them?
    ...and Minny hangs up laughing. You are trading Varajao plus garbage for Love. Get real man.

Leaping strong buildings!
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,272 Times in 1,729 Posts

Default Re: Anderson Varejao Trade Ideas

It's probably been suggested, but what about a swap with Denver centered around Andy+Miles+picks for Koufos+Gallo?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan S View Post
    It's probably been suggested, but what about a swap with Denver centered around Andy+Miles+picks for Koufos+Gallo?
    I'd be all over that trade all day! Gallinari's a stud, dudes gorgeous!! (strong no homo)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,216 Times in 403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Smooth View Post
    I'm not sure Spurs would give up Leonard though and just leave their SF rotation to Stephen Jackson...

And I do like Leonard but his average spot-up shooting wouldn't help...

I would love Barnes but there's no way I could see them giving up him for Varejao, especially when they have Richard Jefferson left at SF...

Other Andy trades that I've been wondering about:

- anyone think Indy would trade Hibbert for Varejao?
    - MIL has some interesting prospects to offer... What about a '14 1st, Larry Sanders and Tobias Harris for Varejao and Casspi?
    - would BOS do some type of Jeff Green & Avery Bradley? I'm not sure I'd trade Varejao for that, but....
    - if Philly wouldn't want to trade Bynum I wonder if they would do something built around Thad Young...
    - A potential DEN package of Faried and Wilson Chandler could be appealing...

Right now I don't see any straight up trade that looks really appealing, other than OKC... And I don't think OKC has the motivation or is that willing to give up a big package like the Cavs seek...

With that said, I think if Varejao gets traded it'll be a 3-way with a 3rd team helping to facilitate get a player the Cavs like... Because right now I don't see any straight up trades that would net them a package they like for him...
    This is interesting. With Hibbert's recently signed hefty contract (13.7 M this year) and his mighty struggles offensively this season (9.5 PPG on 39.5 FG%), Indiana maybe open to moving Hibbert. If that were the case, I'm not convinced that we should go after him, but it could be a possible option.
    Last edited by STAT; 01-02-2013 at 02:19 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,302 Times in 856 Posts

What are the odds Toronto would be willing to deal Jonas Valanciunas for a proven player in Andy? How has Jonas even looked before he got hurt?

Birthing All-Stars Free Agency God's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,554 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Silky Smooth View Post
    What are the odds Toronto would be willing to deal Jonas Valanciunas for a proven player in Andy? How has Jonas even looked before he got hurt?
    Lackluster. I wouldn't do any trade for Jonas if he were the main part of the trade.

Hall of Famer
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,652 Times in 4,071 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by STAT View Post
    This is interesting. With Hibbert's recently signed hefty contract (13.7 M this year) and his mighty struggles offensively this season (9.5 PPG on 39.5 FG%), Indiana maybe open to moving Hibbert. If that were the case, I'm not convinced that we should go after him, but it could be a possible option.
    Not a big fan of Hibbert. His main skill seems to be being tall.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jack Brickman For This Useful Post:

Drafting workout allstars RchfldCavRaised's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,743 Times in 2,035 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Brickman View Post
    Not a big fan of Hibbert. His main skill seems to be being tall.
    I'm just going to pull this out of the trash and wash it off, and hand it back to you in response to that...

Jesus Christ you people are stupid.
    The Richfield Trade Deadline Survival Kit post... here

10. The Following User Says Thank You to RchfldCavRaised For This Useful Post:

Hall of Famer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RchfldCavRaised View Post
    I'm just going to pull this out of the trash and wash it off, and hand it back to you in response to that...
    All I'm saying is that he's 7'2" and he's averaging eight boards a game and shooting under 40% from the field. For the money he's making, those stats just aren't coming anywhere close to cutting it. If he were a rookie, you could live with those numbers, but a guy in his fifth year making almost fourteen million? No thanks.

Drafting workout allstars RchfldCavRaised's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,743 Times in 2,035 Posts

All I'm saying is that he's 7'2" and he's averaging eight boards a game and shooting under 40% from the field. For the money he's making, those stats just aren't coming anywhere close to cutting it. If he were a rookie, you could live with those numbers, but a guy in his fifth year making almost fourteen million? No thanks.
    Not trying to engage on Hibbert. I dont play the stat=worth game. I was more pointing out how ignorant that comment was in the Drummond thread. Should be deleted.
    The Richfield Trade Deadline Survival Kit post... here

Hall of Famer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RchfldCavRaised View Post
    Not trying to engage on Hibbert. I dont play the stat=worth game. I was more pointing out how ignorant that comment was in the Drummond thread. Should be deleted.
    Not as ignorant as the people calling guys busts a third of the way into their rookie seasons. We went through the same thing with Thompson last year and it was equally ridiculous.

Situational Stopper
    Thanks

I think one of the more intriguing trade options is with Philly. They have a couple nice pieces (Turner, Young, Hawes) that I wouldn't mind getting. I just don't know how likely they are to move such pieces.

Hall of Famer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by foucault87 View Post
    I think one of the more intriguing trade options is with Philly. They have a couple nice pieces (Turner, Young, Hawes) that I wouldn't mind getting. I just don't know how likely they are to move such pieces.
    I doubt they'd be interested in dealing for Varejao. Like us, they're in the middle (albeit further along) of a youth movement rebuild. I also think they'll be inclined to wait out the Bynum situation to see what happens there. If he can get healthy and re-ups with Philly, they won't need Varejao.

Miracle of Richfield daytripper's Avatar
    Thanks

Call it a hunch but I think Memphis could be a possibility to make a big move before the deadline. They are quite a bit over the luxury tax line and have been playing .500 ball since their hot start. The Cavs could deal Varejao for M.Gasol + add'l salary. If CJ Miles keeps up the good play the Griz could possibly have interest in him too since they need more shooting from the wings. Anyone know how much Hollinger values Andy?

Team Player
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by daytripper View Post
    Call it a hunch but I think Memphis could be a possibility to make a big move before the deadline. They are quite a bit over the luxury tax line and have been playing .500 ball since their hot start. The Cavs could deal Varejao for M.Gasol + add'l salary. If CJ Miles keeps up the good play the Griz could possibly have interest in him too since they need more shooting from the wings. Anyone know how much Hollinger values Andy?
    You have a solid point about miles i never even thought of. Miles is playing good basketball shooting 40% from 3 and he is a great contract for years, memphis need to add some bench scoring with mayo gone