Page 51 of 56 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast
    Practice Squad
    Thanks

Default Re: Anderson Varejao Trade Ideas

If the Nuggets would refuse to give up Gallo, per my earlier trade proposal, what about Varejao, Gibson, and one of Samuels/Leuer/Walton for Kosta Koufos, Timofey Mozgov, and one of Wilson Chandler/Jordan Hamilton/Corey Brewer/Evan Fournier, and a future first round pick. The Nuggets get an upgrade at center in Varejao, and some needed floor spacing in Gibson, the power forward they choose would from would probably not play as Mozgov has trouble getting minutes for them due to Gallinari playing some time at the 4. The Cavs get a solid young center in Koufos, a backup center who can bang with and guard other bigs in Mozgov ( I can't watch Luke Walton guard Demarcus Cousins ever again), and a solid wing player in the ones listed above. I would choose Hamilton as he's a small forward who can score in is on a cheap long term contract. He can be in the small forward rotation with Gee while Miles and Waiters make up the shooting guard rotation. The Cavs get deeper and more healthy and can draft the player they want, not the position they need, this summer.

Thanks

That could be Cleveland's Anderson Varejao. According to two league sources, the Wolves and Cavaliers have had discussions, albeit brief, about Varejao.
    1500ESPN.com

Situational Stopper
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by calleger View Post
    1500ESPN.com
    The Pek problem

One team official scoffed at the notion that center Nikola Pekovic, who is a restricted free agent this summer, could command $12 million/year on the open market.

I do, too, but big men are constantly in demand, and the Blazers, in desperate need of one, will have cap space.

If Pekovic doesn't get $12 million a year, the hunch is he'll come close. That makes me wonder, if Kahn can find the right replacement, whether he'll pull the trigger.

That could be Cleveland's Anderson Varejao. According to two league sources, the Wolves and Cavaliers have had discussions, albeit brief, about Varejao.

What's not known is if Cleveland has any interest in Pekovic. And presumably, it would take a lot more than Pekovic for Kahn to pull off such a deal.

Team Player
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CruiserNFL View Post
    The Pek problem

One team official scoffed at the notion that center Nikola Pekovic, who is a restricted free agent this summer, could command $12 million/year on the open market.

I do, too, but big men are constantly in demand, and the Blazers, in desperate need of one, will have cap space.

If Pekovic doesn't get $12 million a year, the hunch is he'll come close. That makes me wonder, if Kahn can find the right replacement, whether he'll pull the trigger.

What's not known is if Cleveland has any interest in Pekovic. And presumably, it would take a lot more than Pekovic for Kahn to pull off such a deal.
    Im on my hands and knees for Pek it is the best player we can get followed by barnes

Admittedly Pompous Randolphkeys's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,275 Times in 4,774 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CruiserNFL View Post
    The Pek problem

Rumors circulated last summer, but that happened before Minny signed AK 47. Plenty of people in the know said the rumor died with that signing because they have similar strengths and weaknesses.
    “It's hard for winners to do comedy. Comedy is inherently subversive. We represent the underdog as comedy usually speaks for the lower classes. We attack the winners.” ~Harold Ramis

Rookie
    Thanks

Sam Amico ‏@SamAmicoFSO
    RT @HoopsonFOX: REPORTS: #Grizzlies looking to trade Rudy Gay http://bit.ly/XsEipr

Just thought I would post this. Not sure if we have the pieces to get him or if we would even want him

Thanks

So originally i was against trading AV because he was a star big man and a fan favorite, but now my opinion has changed and i wanna see what we can get for him. Would anyone be upset if we DIDNT trade him? Maybe we just keep the best rebounder in the nba and roll the dice on his health, or wait till summer? Its looking like hell get traded but there really isnt any proof and we only have rumors weve made up ourselves..so what if he stays?

Hope hes healthy, hope he meshes with the new TT and hope we draft a stud SF to bring the team together, thats what i think..and if all of those things happen (a big if) id be ok with that

All Star
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,812 Times in 946 Posts

Dont know how legit but

Here's an article from SI

11:04 AM ET 01.06 | Sources say the Cavs and Timberwolves have talked about an Anderson Varejao trade. Minnesota would probably want the Cavs to take back forward Derrick Williams, which could be a deal-breaker. The Cavs could have interest in center Nikola Pekovic, a bruising 6-11, 290-pounder. Before anyone gets excited, forward Kevin Love is not available.
    Last edited by JMcCurry08; 01-06-2013 at 12:01 PM.
    Browns QB wish list
    1) Blake Bortles
    2) Teddy Bridgewater
    3) Johnny Manziel
    4) Jimmy Garoppolo
    5) Derek Carr

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JMcCurry08 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,642 Times in 604 Posts

Derrick Williams and Pekovic for Andy... Underwhelming.

Thanks

Pek is a beast and I'd take dwill...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,964 Times in 525 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JMcCurry08 View Post
    Dont know how legit but

Here's an article from SI
    i hate LegionSports. they are like Incarcerated Bob, just read rumors all day and then make shit up along the way...they are basing this on Finnan's article (the quote from SI.com is from Finnan's article too by the way)...

"Cavs could have interest in center Nikola Pekovic" ----> Legion Sports: "...are discussing a potential trade that would involve Derrick Williams, Nikola Pekovic and Anderson Varejao" (that's why i hate them)

here's a link to Finnan's article:
    http://www.news-herald.com/articles/...mode=fullstory

Team Player
    Thanks

Holy shit Nikola Peckavick id thrown in the lakers pick that guy is an animal. My favorite player eeven over kyrie dude will be a fan favorite not only because he has an old school tough game but because he is a giant panda looking dude.

Team Player
    Thanks

Wait why would williams be a dealbreaker for us?? You take a chance on him its not like he is on a bad contract

Thanks
    Thanked 2,675 Times in 1,193 Posts

Derrick Williams still has decent potential. He wouldn't be a bad complementary piece to get back in a trade.

Thanks

Probably not legit, but id do that, pek is a beast and DWill has potential