Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Takin' RCF to Poundtown 9 Ball Pool Challenge Champion BABUCO PONG 2 Champion Hidden 100 Lati Champion Boomeranger Champion SixPACK's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,281 Times in 519 Posts

Default Re: RCF Fantasy Hoops Vets League 2012-13

Wow this is as close as you can get BigErie, gonna be a good rest of week
    I choose a lazy person to do a hard job. Because a lazy person will find an easy way to do it.
    ― Bill Gates

Thanks

Yea, but I need Andy and our new big Z to come back...

Thanks
    Thanked 6,415 Times in 2,477 Posts

Meeks and Gooden getting no playing time screwed over my late round drafting. I need Dirk and Stats back asap.

Admittedly Pompous Randolphkeys's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,386 Times in 4,785 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Huber View Post
    Meeks and Gooden getting no playing time screwed over my late round drafting. I need Dirk and Stats back asap.
    More than anything else, injuries screw you in this league. The scoring system means that even a scrub who plays four games a week can clobber a team that has zero minutes from that roster spot. I learned that the hard way last year.

I think most teams are trying to squeak by with one injured player. Two or three just means you plan on losing for the week.
    It's hard for winners to do comedy. Comedy is inherently subversive. We represent the underdog as comedy usually speaks for the lower classes. We attack the winners. ~Harold Ramis

Thanks
    Thanked 1,863 Times in 535 Posts

Its early, but bet is not lookin good keys....

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ChicagoCavFan For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Randolphkeys View Post
    More than anything else, injuries screw you in this league. The scoring system means that even a scrub who plays four games a week can clobber a team that has zero minutes from that roster spot. I learned that the hard way last year.

I think most teams are trying to squeak by with one injured player. Two or three just means you plan on losing for the week.
    Yeah. Too bad the NBA doesn't have a DL like MLB.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,025 Times in 405 Posts

Actually an unintentional side effect of adding the 14th roster spot IS it's easier to carry an injured player without getting blown out every week. I know it doesn't seem like much, but 13/14 is better than 12/13. More than that though...you do the math.

But yeah, we always wish for the DL and it never happens. Seems like a better project for David Silver than slapping players on the wrist for flopping.
    "Finesse was never my better side," the bruising center admitted. "All my basketball life, like iI like to say, my basketball is not really nice for watching, but it is really effective."- Nikola Pekovic

"Got my first ever technical last night and lost $2000...makes me angry when i realize thats 2000 mcchickens or 4000 jack in the box tacos"- Jeremy Lin

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Kypus For This Useful Post:

Team Player Ovum Defender Champion Bubble Lanes Champion Mouse Blocks Champion halloween beatdown Champion Weave Champion Crazy Penguin Champion Redbeard's Treasure Champion Pirate Bubble Champion supergoat52's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,029 Times in 235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kypus View Post
    Actually an unintentional side effect of adding the 14th roster spot IS it's easier to carry an injured player without getting blown out every week. I know it doesn't seem like much, but 13/14 is better than 12/13. More than that though...you do the math.

But yeah, we always wish for the DL and it never happens. Seems like a better project for David Silver than slapping players on the wrist for flopping.
    FWIW ESPN has an IR slot for Basketball too, which i use in the league i commish. ESPN just determines when someone is DTD vs Out subjectively based on whether they are called out for several weeks (say Kevin Love), or just a few games at a time (say Ben Gordon). Its a very different strategy though, as I always try to keep my IR slot filled (right now with Wall) for essentially an extra roster spot. While i prefer having an IR slot, the system we use is still fair to everyone, although I'm learning the lesson Keys learned last year the hard way .

ps I'm looking to free up some roster spots to play the waiver wire, so anyone looking to trade... talk to me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by supergoat52 View Post
    ps I'm looking to free up some roster spots to play the waiver wire, so anyone looking to trade... talk to me.
    Why don't you just drop one or two of your shitty players?
    It's hard for winners to do comedy. Comedy is inherently subversive. We represent the underdog as comedy usually speaks for the lower classes. We attack the winners. ~Harold Ramis

Thanks

Just wanted to bump the thread and thank Kyp for putting this together again. I'm gutting through a rough fantasy football season and this hoops league is all I've got left.

Damn you, Year of the Concussed, damn you!
    Last edited by Randolphkeys; 11-27-2012 at 03:22 PM.

Takin' RCF to Poundtown 9 Ball Pool Challenge Champion BABUCO PONG 2 Champion Hidden 100 Lati Champion Boomeranger Champion SixPACK's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,281 Times in 519 Posts

Injury bug is starting to creep up on me, still holding it close though
    I choose a lazy person to do a hard job. Because a lazy person will find an easy way to do it.
    ― Bill Gates

Thanks
    Thanked 3,240 Times in 921 Posts

I was pretty doomed when they decided Bynum was probably not coming back, throw in loosing KI for a month and its getting bad over here...

Thanks

Dirk is back and Stats is coming back soon and I'm only 3 spots away from the 8th seed. Merry Christmas to me.

Thanks

I just survived a bad week with dramatic underperformances, still looking like a top three team. Double or nothing CCF?

Team Player Gin Rummy Champion Scrote Squad's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,886 Times in 488 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Randolphkeys View Post
    I just survived a bad week with dramatic underperformances, still looking like a top three team. Double or nothing CCF?
    In your honor, my last place team is taking assfingers to the cleaners this week. I had to have a proxy draft my team because I was doing Hurricane Sandy restoration in New Jersey when the draft took place. This has resulted in careful maneuvering so that it would all culminate in taking down CCF when the time was right.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scrote Squad For This Useful Post: