Page 8 of 109 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast
    Cryotherapy Enthusiast
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,417 Times in 2,008 Posts

Default Re: The Andre Drummond Thread

Quote Originally Posted by blue_kahuna View Post
    Monroe literally got raped against Howard.
    Of the 13,000 work place rapes last year, less than 1% of the victims were men, and only one occured on sports telelvision.

Gold Star Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,723 Times in 944 Posts

It's ok to give some praise to players on other teams and it's ok to make some criticisms of Cavs players. Doesn't make you a hater.
    With young players you like to see moments or at least flashes that can lead you to believe they can be something special once they develop or at least show they can be solid players long term. Drummond at least so far has shown that.

Thanks
    Thanked 28,869 Times in 9,227 Posts

He also looks a little bit like a camel.

Last edited by Little Seizer; 11-05-2012 at 02:53 PM.
    Taking up to 10 $10 bets LeBron does not return to Cleveland on his next contract. If you think he is, bet me $10.

Proceeds will go to a charity or cause that we agree upon.

Bettors:
    DougHeil, shoes22, warddj86, jonzee330, bushwick_bill, gourimoko

4. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Little Seizer For This Useful Post:

Resident Microbiologist Dr. Gymbo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,436 Times in 699 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IO_OGIJ View Post
    Side point...JJ Hickson looked pretty damn good against Howard. Howard was getting shots over him, but JJ was denying the ball and bodying him up about as well as you could have expected. I've been impressed with JJ so far.
    No, Jigo, noooooooo!

Lest we forget...

Or...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Gymbo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 28,869 Times in 9,227 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gymbo View Post
    No, Jigo, noooooooo!

Lest we forget...

Or...

I didn't forget...

He doesn't drop rebounds any more and he used his body extremely well now. Have a feeling he's going to turn into a pretty damn good player next to an elite big like Aldridge.

But at least the Cavs got that Kings pick that they won't get as a first rounder.

Taking up to 10 $10 bets LeBron does not return to Cleveland on his next contract. If you think he is, bet me $10.

Proceeds will go to a charity or cause that we agree upon.

Bettors:
    DougHeil, shoes22, warddj86, jonzee330, bushwick_bill, gourimoko

**lost this privilege** Donkey Kong Champion Ocean Force Champion Cell Defense Champion Bird Saver Champion Jigsaw: Rocky Waters Champion Brave Old World Champion Jigsaw: Boats And Fire Hydrant Champion Jigsaw: Narrow Street Champion A Miko Tale Marionette: Another Tale Champion Balancing Mathai Champion Jigsaw: Red Toadstool Champion Jigsaw: Wood Formation Champion 4Blocks Champion CircusCircus Champion Jigsaw: Slate Mine Champion Spencer Hawes's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,649 Times in 688 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tornicade View Post
    http://www.freep.com/article/2012101...hoot-first-rep

once again after three games his assist per 36 is 7.9 and 38.3 assist percentage. last year it was 20.8 percent and 4.2 assist per game. He spent most of the preseason not taking shots just so he can become a better distirbutor. He is on the court looking for people to pass to.

at this point only one starter is shooting over 43% from the field . Thats a phenomenal increase.

The point is not only did knight say he was adjusting his game but he also backed it up and showed it on the court. every indicator is that he is looking for people to pass to and praying they convert.

so once again drummond would stand to benefit from playing more time with knight. as far as benefitting from playing ith Chris paul. you could say the same for tristan thompson. Irving may be improving as a distributor he isnt there yet.
    Dude you didn't say his assist was 7.9 per 36 in your initial post. I said it was 6.7 per game through 3 games so far which is correct. Seems like you're backtracking, and probably thought that 7.9 was per game but realized it was per 36 which I don't know why you would even use that stat lol. Since you bought up per 36, let's project Drummond's stats then.

Per 36 min we have him at 8.2 ppg, 11.6 rpg, 3.5 bpg, 50% fg and 40% ft with 1.4 spg. That's not a bad stat line at for a rookie big as raw as Drummond.

Back to Knight, we'll see if he can keep up that assist average because his shooting is way off in his first 3 games. Like I said, he's a scoring PG. If you want to disagree, fine but I say this because since he's so "concentrating" on distributing, his offense apparently has suffered. He's shooting 31% from the field and 33% from 3 point land. It's still early but we'll see if he can maintain his assist average.

**lost this privilege** Donkey Kong Champion Ocean Force Champion Cell Defense Champion Bird Saver Champion Jigsaw: Rocky Waters Champion Brave Old World Champion Jigsaw: Boats And Fire Hydrant Champion Jigsaw: Narrow Street Champion A Miko Tale Marionette: Another Tale Champion Balancing Mathai Champion Jigsaw: Red Toadstool Champion Jigsaw: Wood Formation Champion 4Blocks Champion CircusCircus Champion Jigsaw: Slate Mine Champion Spencer Hawes's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Douglar View Post
    Of the 13,000 work place rapes last year, less than 1% of the victims were men, and only one occured on sports telelvision.
    You and Jigo like seeing men rape each other while playing sports eh? This reminds me of the other rape incident when Hakeem the Dream made David Robinson his boytoy.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,469 Times in 878 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IO_OGIJ View Post
    I didn't forget...

He doesn't drop rebounds any more and he used his body extremely well now. Have a feeling he's going to turn into a pretty damn good player next to an elite big like Aldridge.

But at least the Cavs got that Kings pick that they won't get as a first rounder.

I think this is JJ's way of playing for a contract that in 4 years people will be saying how the hell did he get paid that much... See Lewis, Rashard, or Curry, Eddie, or Boozer Carlos.

Cryotherapy Enthusiast
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blue_kahuna View Post
    You and Jigo like seeing men rape each other while playing sports eh? This reminds me of the other rape incident when Hakeem the Dream made David Robinson his boytoy.
    Not at all. We just like making fun of people that can't figure out how the English language works.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Douglar For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Not at all. We just like making fun of people that can't figure out how the English language works.
    Sheesh, I can't catch a break lol. I just wanted to emphasize how bad Howard made Monroe look on defense. I thought it had a sarcastic ring to it but I guess not.

Cryotherapy Enthusiast
    Thanks

Anyone see this?

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...211060DEN.html

2nd period - 11:18 A. Drummond makes 3-pt shot from 25 ft

Last edited by Douglar; 11-07-2012 at 07:02 PM.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Douglar For This Useful Post:

Situational Stopper
    Thanks

Anyone see this?

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...211060DEN.html

2nd period - 11:18 A. Drummond makes 3-pt shot from 25 ft

When he's able to not think and just act, is when the flashes of his great ability show themselves. That was all reaction--and looked pretty good/natural in the process. Now, if you told him before the play he'd have to make a 25-ft shot, even without a defense or the shot clock, I bet he misses 9-10.

~
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,862 Times in 2,489 Posts

The kid's been saying he has a J. Even if he reaches his upside, it's going to be real interesting to see if that's like Amare (as he seems to wish), or more like Howard, or Chandler.

Thanks

22 points on 8/10 from the floor in 20 minutes. This rookie class is looking pretty absurd.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Tuttle View Post
    22 points on 8/10 from the floor in 20 minutes. This rookie class is looking pretty absurd.
    Also 6/9 FT and 9 rebounds. It's still too early to tell cause every indication shows he's still a bust from his season debut.