Page 13 of 109 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,129 Times in 383 Posts

Default Re: The Andre Drummond Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Every Tornicade post I've seen in my tenure here is heaping praise on the team and has us a pube away from title contention or winning the title outright. It has yet to transpire ..
    That's got a nice ring to it. Why isn't "a pube away" a common expression?

Thanks
    Thanked 4,654 Times in 1,330 Posts

Can't believe the Pistons have two bigs with major potential and we have Tristan....

Damnit Ferry !!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Doctor K For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,281 Times in 522 Posts

I think there had to be skeptics for Drummond for him to understand the value of becoming a better player. Otherwise, it would just be a repeat of U-Conn.
    (Reserved for future Animated Signature-that-won't-slow-you-down)

Magic Number Thread:
    http://realcavsfans.com/showthread.p...in-May-2011...

The latest updates are noted within the context.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,587 Times in 573 Posts

Skeptics like me worried he'd be another Kwame Brown-type.

Watching him actually reminds me A LOT of how Kwame Brown occasionally played once he finally learned how to harness at least some of his physical gifts in the NBA, years after the sheen from being the number 1 overall pick had worn off and his upside had subsided.

Drummond is playing this way as a 19 year-old rookie. That's in no way criticism of him.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,187 Times in 450 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mdog1 View Post
    I don't think it would suck at all. Let me explain my reasoning first though.

First it would be great to bring back the rivalry the Cavs, and Pistons had in the mid 2000's.

Secondly I love watching dominant big men. Would it be better if he were on my favourite team, absolutely, but we passed. I haven't been able to get into a big man (that sounds creepy) in years because I don't like Dwight game one bit. All of the big men of our generation have been taken away by injuries Yao, Oden, Bogut all had star potential, but injuries took them away.

Third he wil join the Cavs in the 2020 season when his contract with Detroit is up.
    This post made me shake my head, recoil, chuckle, sort of nod, and then shake my head again.

Just in case there is any doubt, and because I absolutely hate the Pistons, I do not want to see them good again, ever. I want the Cavs to demolish them every time they square off. Grew up with the "bad boys" and Isaiah Thomas' prissy little bitch ass, then the Grant Hill years (screw Duke), and the most recent crew led my all-time least favorite Piston, Rasheed. That cheap elbow to Z's head (and his teammates standing around afraid to do anything about it) will never be forgotten.

No, I dont want Drummond to amount to anything more than a poor man's Chris Wilcox, and it's nothing personal, based solely on the team that drafted him. But to each his own.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,469 Times in 878 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jlegg21 View Post
    This post made me shake my head, recoil, chuckle, sort of nod, and then shake my head again.

Just in case there is any doubt, and because I absolutely hate the Pistons, I do not want to see them good again, ever. I want the Cavs to demolish them every time they square off. Grew up with the "bad boys" and Isaiah Thomas' prissy little bitch ass, then the Grant Hill years (screw Duke), and the most recent crew led my all-time least favorite Piston, Rasheed. That cheap elbow to Z's head (and his teammates standing around afraid to do anything about it) will never be forgotten.

No, I dont want Drummond to amount to anything more than a poor man's Chris Wilcox, and it's nothing personal, based solely on the team that drafted him. But to each his own.
    I thoroughly enjoyed having a legitimate rivalry in the playoffs againt them. I don't know I guess it made the playoffs feel more interesting or something, but it made the playoffs that much more special when we beat them.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mdog1 For This Useful Post:

**lost this privilege** Donkey Kong Champion Ocean Force Champion Cell Defense Champion Bird Saver Champion Jigsaw: Rocky Waters Champion Brave Old World Champion Jigsaw: Boats And Fire Hydrant Champion Jigsaw: Narrow Street Champion A Miko Tale Marionette: Another Tale Champion Balancing Mathai Champion Jigsaw: Red Toadstool Champion Jigsaw: Wood Formation Champion 4Blocks Champion CircusCircus Champion Jigsaw: Slate Mine Champion Spencer Hawes's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,649 Times in 688 Posts

Drummond is a couple pubes away from starting imo.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,469 Times in 878 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blue_kahuna View Post
    Drummond is a couple pubes away from starting imo.
    Oh man he hasn't gone through puberty yet? Well that's scary. Dude's likely to get up around 7'5" or so when he hits it.

~
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,862 Times in 2,489 Posts

The Piston's aren't doing AD any favors playing him primarily with Jerebko and Villanueva.

His limited minutes with Maxiell or Monroe look a ton better.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jon For This Useful Post:

**lost this privilege** Donkey Kong Champion Ocean Force Champion Cell Defense Champion Bird Saver Champion Jigsaw: Rocky Waters Champion Brave Old World Champion Jigsaw: Boats And Fire Hydrant Champion Jigsaw: Narrow Street Champion A Miko Tale Marionette: Another Tale Champion Balancing Mathai Champion Jigsaw: Red Toadstool Champion Jigsaw: Wood Formation Champion 4Blocks Champion CircusCircus Champion Jigsaw: Slate Mine Champion Spencer Hawes's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    The Piston's aren't doing AD any favors playing him primarily with Jerebko and Villanueva.

His limited minutes with Maxiell or Monroe look a ton better.
    Not sure why Maxiell is getting more minutes than Drummond lol. Unless they plan on trying to increase his value in order to trade him. But hell, every GM in the league knows what Maxiell can do already.

Thanks

So Drummond finally plays more minutes (31) than Maxiell and scores 15 points on 6-8 shooting. Grabs 12 rebounds and blocks 2 shots. I guess the Hobbit is still trying to tap into Maxiell's unlimited potential....

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Spencer Hawes For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,654 Times in 1,330 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blue_kahuna View Post
    Not sure why Maxiell is getting more minutes than Drummond lol. Unless they plan on trying to increase his value in order to trade him. But hell, every GM in the league knows what Maxiell can do already.
    Hey we all knew what AV could do.... Then found out he could do it way more and way better this year....

Team Player
    Thanks

Kid is beast. Watched his last 2 games. Monster on the o boards too.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by STAT View Post
    That's got a nice ring to it. Why isn't "a pube away" a common expression?
    I thought it was and always took it to mean a touch more than a hair.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to BigErieCavsFan For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Birdy89 View Post
    Drummond is a stud.

2nd youngest player in the NBA right now and already looks like he could easily be averaging a double double if he got starters minutes.

In about 2-3 years he is going to be down right scary as his game continues to improve.

His ceiling right now is off the charts.
    Watch out, Tornicade will come at you with some chart that shows a direct correlation between Drummond's suckiness to the amount of pubic hair he has. Let me go on the record and state the limit will be 3 pubes.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Spencer Hawes For This Useful Post: