Page 16 of 111 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
Results 226 to 240 of 1656
  1. #226
    Birthing All-Stars Free Agency God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Space
    Posts
    4,332
    Thanks
    8,405
    Thanked 4,575 Times in 1,555 Posts

    Default Re: The Andre Drummond Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by adam81king View Post
    The very HUGE difference between not taking Lillard because of Kyrie Irving and not taking Drummond because of Tristan Thompson is that Kyrie was coming off a ROY season and was being ranked as a top 20 player IN THE LEAGUE. Tristan isn't at top 20 guy AT HIS POSITION. Another difference is Kyrie and Lillard are both point guards, playing the same position. Tristan is a power forward, but Drummond is a center, playing different positions. Unless a player is an All-Star, you don't skip a potentially great player because of someone you already have. Even IF it's a question, this team is so void of talent that they should continue to take the best players possible; regardless of position.

    I like Alex Len a lot, too. He's my number one player (including Cody Zeller, Nerlens Noel and Shabazz Muhammed). Thing is, he might not be available when the Cavaliers pick, but Andre Drummond absolutely was. Regardless, you said there aren't many SGs that look to be as good as Dion. I give you a 6'6" guy that was ranked #2 in his class, has been said to have a work ethic on par with Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, super athleticism, tenacity, passion and great scoring instincts. His name is Shabazz Muhammed. There's another guy (my favorite SG prospect) that's 6'5", has superb athleticism, can shoot the rock from anywhere on the floor, and has been compared to a young Ray Allen. His name is Ben McLemore. There's also Archie Goodwin, CJ Wilcox and Michael Carter-Williams. That's 5 guys that can go in the Lottery (in a center-heavy draft).
    The only guy that, IMO, will hold a candle to Dion will be Shabazz, but he's actually playing forward right now and, with his 7' wingspan and 8'8" standing reach, he might end up playing the 3 in the NBA, so technically he isn't even a shooting guard right now, and he may not be one in the NBA either. The rest of the guys won't hold up to Dion, IMO. Ray Allen gets a lot of comparisons to him. Hell, look at Bradley Beal. People were screaming Ray Allen when they saw him, yet he's not performing as well as Dion thus far. Again, there are very few shooting guards (if any) at the top of the 2013 draft that look as promising as Dion.

    But yeah, I highly value Len much more so than Cody Zeller. Len is a much, much bigger and longer player than Zeller, and he's much better defensively as well and I believe a better rebounder, too (too lazy to look up stats). I don't like Nerlens very much either because he looks like a guy who is 80-90% the defensive player that Anthony Davis was, but about 40% the offensive player Anthony Davis was. Looking at him in those regards is rather depressing. I like Len a lot more because his defense is almost on par with Nerlens' defense, and he has infinitely more talent on the offensive side. He also has a much larger frame than Noel, making him a better potential post defender.

  2. #227
    The Bushido doctrine Homer Safari's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Columbus, oh
    Posts
    8,224
    Thanks
    2,279
    Thanked 5,193 Times in 2,285 Posts

    Default Re: The Andre Drummond Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by adam81king View Post
    The very HUGE difference between not taking Lillard because of Kyrie Irving and not taking Drummond because of Tristan Thompson is that Kyrie was coming off a ROY season and was being ranked as a top 20 player IN THE LEAGUE. Tristan isn't at top 20 guy AT HIS POSITION. Another difference is Kyrie and Lillard are both point guards, playing the same position. Tristan is a power forward, but Drummond is a center, playing different positions. Unless a player is an All-Star, you don't skip a potentially great player because of someone you already have. Even IF it's a question, this team is so void of talent that they should continue to take the best players possible; regardless of position.

    I like Alex Len a lot, too. He's my number one player (including Cody Zeller, Nerlens Noel and Shabazz Muhammed). Thing is, he might not be available when the Cavaliers pick, but Andre Drummond absolutely was. Regardless, you said there aren't many SGs that look to be as good as Dion. I give you a 6'6" guy that was ranked #2 in his class, has been said to have a work ethic on par with Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, super athleticism, tenacity, passion and great scoring instincts. His name is Shabazz Muhammed. There's another guy (my favorite SG prospect) that's 6'5", has superb athleticism, can shoot the rock from anywhere on the floor, and has been compared to a young Ray Allen. His name is Ben McLemore. There's also Archie Goodwin, CJ Wilcox and Michael Carter-Williams. That's 5 guys that can go in the Lottery (in a center-heavy draft).
    When most of your minutes are with cory magette and Charlie Villaneuva you can afford to sit under the rim and collect rebounds. noones ever questions drummonds athleticism.

    Split Value FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% eFG% Ast'd %Ast'd
    Shot Distance At Rim 67 100 .670 0 0 .670 37 .552
    3 to 9 ft 6 18 .333 0 0 .333 3 .500
    10 to 15 ft 0 4 .000 0 0 .000 0
    16 ft to 3-pt 0 2 .000 0 0 .000 0
    3-pt 1 2 .500 1 2 .500 .750 0 .000
    Can he play at the high post where the Cavs would need him ? big question mark there

    Can he spread the floor ?

    Shot Type Dunk 31 34 .912 0 0 .912 18 .581
    Hook Shot 0 3 .000 0 0 .000 0
    Jump Shot 5 20 .250 1 2 .500 .275 3 .600
    Lay-Up 31 57 .544 0 0 .544 19 .613
    Tip Shot 7 12 .583 0 0 .583 0 .000

    Drummond's effectiveness would drop significantly with more minutes playing someone else for the most part besides opponents back ups.

    He still hasnt shown any defense except to block shots that occur when he is trying to recover from being out of position frequently and he demonstrated the same attributes in college.

    Ultimately he hasnt shown himself for anything but the one dimensional freak he is and is definately not proven the cavs made a bad draft choice along with the other 8 teams that chose not to draft him after Anthony Davis.

    people always overrate basketball eye candy. I wouldnt be surprised if Drummond doesnt become the poster boy for this phenomenon

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Homer Safari For This Useful Post:


  4. #228
    Or Also Schtick The Oi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    30,334
    Thanks
    26,951
    Thanked 30,700 Times in 9,785 Posts

    Default Re: The Andre Drummond Thread

    I really don't want the Cavs taking an American born white guy at a big position. They have enough white guys right now.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to The Oi For This Useful Post:


  6. #229
    ~
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    20,425
    Thanks
    2,819
    Thanked 5,862 Times in 2,489 Posts

    Default Re: The Andre Drummond Thread

    Drummond isn't getting more minutes because the Pistons want to bring him along slowly. It's just the way they've decided to handle him.

  7. #230
    Situational Stopper
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    387
    Thanks
    377
    Thanked 203 Times in 116 Posts

    Default Re: The Andre Drummond Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by J Deezy View Post
    I really don't want the Cavs taking an American born white guy at a big position. They have enough white guys right now.
    Last I checked, there isn't an American born white guy playing PF or C that would be available when the Cavaliers draft (other than Cody Zeller or Mason Plumlee). The guy that has the most support on here, as far as I can tell, is Ukrainian (Alex Len). My other man-crush of a college center is from New Zealand (Steven Adams). So, I'm pretty sure you'll be ok.

    Other than Tyler Zeller and Jon Leuer (in the D-League, currently), what American-born white guys do the Cavaliers have? Or are you just biased against them and think two is too many?

  8. #231
    Or Also Schtick The Oi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    30,334
    Thanks
    26,951
    Thanked 30,700 Times in 9,785 Posts

    Default Re: The Andre Drummond Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by adam81king View Post
    Last I checked, there isn't an American born white guy playing PF or C that would be available when the Cavaliers draft (other than Cody Zeller or Mason Plumlee). The guy that has the most support on here, as far as I can tell, is Ukrainian (Alex Len). My other man-crush of a college center is from New Zealand (Steven Adams). So, I'm pretty sure you'll be ok.

    Other than Tyler Zeller and Jon Leuer (in the D-League, currently), what American-born white guys do the Cavaliers have? Or are you just biased against them and think two is too many?
    White people do not belong on the basketball court unless they are coaching, playing PG or their feet are resting somewhere between the bench and the out of bounds lines for at least 46 minutes per game.


    -Deezy-

  9. #232
    . David.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    8,807
    Thanks
    7,946
    Thanked 6,830 Times in 2,832 Posts

    Default Re: The Andre Drummond Thread

    man, deezy sure has gotten racist lately. I've already started thinking less of him.
    Things Dave K was right about:

    Dion Waiters will be good
    Anthony Bennett will be good
    Mike Brown will be a fucking idiot, again
    The board sucks without DaveK


    And thats practically all. Wrong about almost everything else

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to David. For This Useful Post:


  11. #233
    Luke, I am your Father Bill Walton.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The Valley
    Posts
    2,395
    Thanks
    2,450
    Thanked 1,820 Times in 700 Posts

    Default Re: The Andre Drummond Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by J Deezy View Post
    White people do not belong on the basketball court unless they are coaching, playing PG or their feet are resting somewhere between the bench and the out of bounds lines for at least 46 minutes per game.


    -Deezy-
    I'd rather draft Brittney Griner than a white guy

    Only one could end up being a black dude...























    and it's not the white guy..












































    it's Brittney.
    Read this:
    As I've said before, I never repeat myself


    Got something you want me to say? Post it here: http://realcavsfans.com/showthread.p...lton-Post-1000

  12. #234
    Rising Star KB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Columbus
    Posts
    2,622
    Thanks
    6,664
    Thanked 2,023 Times in 792 Posts

    Default Re: The Andre Drummond Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by adam81king View Post
    Last I checked, there isn't an American born white guy playing PF or C that would be available when the Cavaliers draft (other than Cody Zeller or Mason Plumlee). The guy that has the most support on here, as far as I can tell, is Ukrainian (Alex Len). My other man-crush of a college center is from New Zealand (Steven Adams). So, I'm pretty sure you'll be ok.

    Other than Tyler Zeller and Jon Leuer (in the D-League, currently), what American-born white guys do the Cavaliers have? Or are you just biased against them and think two is too many?
    I like Adams upside but he is not playing that well at all last time I checked so I figure Adams will end up staying another year.

  13. #235
    Situational Stopper
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    387
    Thanks
    377
    Thanked 203 Times in 116 Posts

    Default Re: The Andre Drummond Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by J Deezy View Post
    White people do not belong on the basketball court unless they are coaching, playing PG or their feet are resting somewhere between the bench and the out of bounds lines for at least 46 minutes per game.


    -Deezy-
    I assume this racist comment is directed at American-born white guys (cause there are more than a few foreign white guys that are All-Stars, Hall of Famers, etc from TODAYS game). However, there are a few that you're overlooking:
    pg-Kirk Hinrich, Steve Blake, Luke Ridnour, Jimmer Fredette
    sg-Gordon Hayward, JJ Redick, Mike Dunleavy
    sf-Chandler Parsons, Kyle Singler, Steve Novak
    pf-Kevin Love, Ryan Anderson, BJ Mullens
    c-David Lee, Nick Collison, Spencer Hawes, Tyler Zeller, Meyers Leonard
    (and I won't even count the "white-skinned-mixed-guys" like Blake Griffin, Klay Thompson, Kris Humphries, Jason Kidd, etc)

    Those guys would form a pretty good team.

  14. #236
    . David.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    8,807
    Thanks
    7,946
    Thanked 6,830 Times in 2,832 Posts

    Default Re: The Andre Drummond Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by adam81king View Post
    I assume this racist comment is directed at American-born white guys (cause there are more than a few foreign white guys that are All-Stars, Hall of Famers, etc from TODAYS game). However, there are a few that you're overlooking:
    pg-Kirk Hinrich, Steve Blake, Luke Ridnour, Jimmer Fredette
    sg-Gordon Hayward, JJ Redick, Mike Dunleavy
    sf-Chandler Parsons, Kyle Singler, Steve Novak
    pf-Kevin Love, Ryan Anderson, BJ Mullens
    c-David Lee, Nick Collison, Spencer Hawes, Tyler Zeller, Meyers Leonard
    (and I won't even count the "white-skinned-mixed-guys" like Blake Griffin, Klay Thompson, Kris Humphries, Jason Kidd, etc)

    Those guys would form a pretty good team.
    As long as its not a dance team
    Things Dave K was right about:

    Dion Waiters will be good
    Anthony Bennett will be good
    Mike Brown will be a fucking idiot, again
    The board sucks without DaveK


    And thats practically all. Wrong about almost everything else

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to David. For This Useful Post:


  16. #237
    Luke, I am your Father Bill Walton.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The Valley
    Posts
    2,395
    Thanks
    2,450
    Thanked 1,820 Times in 700 Posts

    Default Re: The Andre Drummond Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by adam81king View Post
    I assume this racist comment is directed at American-born white guys (cause there are more than a few foreign white guys that are All-Stars, Hall of Famers, etc from TODAYS game). However, there are a few that you're overlooking:
    pg-Kirk Hinrich, Steve Blake, Luke Ridnour, Jimmer Fredette
    sg-Gordon Hayward, JJ Redick, Mike Dunleavy
    sf-Chandler Parsons, Kyle Singler, Steve Novak
    pf-Kevin Love, Ryan Anderson, BJ Mullens
    c-David Lee, Nick Collison, Spencer Hawes, Tyler Zeller, Meyers Leonard
    (and I won't even count the "white-skinned-mixed-guys" like Blake Griffin, Klay Thompson, Kris Humphries, Jason Kidd, etc)

    Those guys would form a pretty good team.
    this is cute.... and that team would suck are you kidding?

    That is an entire list of mediocre bench players withe the exception of Love and I'll even throw Anderson in there just to be nice.

    White people shouldn't be allowed to play basketball anymore
    Read this:
    As I've said before, I never repeat myself


    Got something you want me to say? Post it here: http://realcavsfans.com/showthread.p...lton-Post-1000

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Bill Walton. For This Useful Post:


  18. #238
    . David.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    8,807
    Thanks
    7,946
    Thanked 6,830 Times in 2,832 Posts

    Default Re: The Andre Drummond Thread

    but kyle korver..
    Things Dave K was right about:

    Dion Waiters will be good
    Anthony Bennett will be good
    Mike Brown will be a fucking idiot, again
    The board sucks without DaveK


    And thats practically all. Wrong about almost everything else

  19. #239
    Blue Donkey Kong Champion Ocean Force Champion Cell Defense Champion Bird Saver Champion Jigsaw: Rocky Waters Champion Brave Old World Champion Jigsaw: Boats And Fire Hydrant Champion Jigsaw: Narrow Street Champion A Miko Tale Marionette: Another Tale Champion Balancing Mathai Champion Jigsaw: Red Toadstool Champion Jigsaw: Wood Formation Champion 4Blocks Champion CircusCircus Champion Jigsaw: Slate Mine Champion Spencer Hawes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    4,168
    Thanks
    2,988
    Thanked 1,809 Times in 748 Posts

    Default Re: The Andre Drummond Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by RMsDanielGibson View Post
    You tell me to keep Dion out of this thread, but then you ask me to answer a question about Dion?

    No one said that Dion is a bust after 17 games, but, by saying that Drummond was a huge miss or that we missed out on Drummond, one has to assume that, by default, these people are saying that Dion has to be considered not as good for us in the long run as Drummond. That is why I am showing the other side of the argument. I am not saying that Drummond won't become something better than Dion, but I'm just showing that Dion has been promising for us as well, so it's hard to say that it's a huge miss as of yet.

    You wouldn't say, "Man, we really missed out on Chris Bosh" when we drafted LeBron James during the 2003 draft because we didn't miss out on anything compared to what we drafted. Saying that we are missing out on Drummond is like saying that we should have drafted him over Dion. Should we have done so? Perhaps, but it's far too early to tell especially since neither one is a clear frontrunner over the other. On top of that, we have yet to see who we will draft this upcoming draft. There are lots of centers from which to choose, many of which are a much better fit than Drummond.

    But anywho.
    Your bff Tornicade made that statement trying to play if as though that's the sentiment of anyone who thinks Drummond should've been our pick.

    Since you think there are "LOTS" of centers that are a better fit, please go on the record and list them. And please explain this "better fit" BS.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Spencer Hawes For This Useful Post:


  21. #240
    The Bushido doctrine Homer Safari's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Columbus, oh
    Posts
    8,224
    Thanks
    2,279
    Thanked 5,193 Times in 2,285 Posts

    Default Re: The Andre Drummond Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by blue_kahuna View Post
    Your bff Tornicade made that statement trying to play if as though that's the sentiment of anyone who thinks Drummond should've been our pick.

    Since you think there are "LOTS" of centers that are a better fit, please go on the record and list them. And please explain this "better fit" BS.
    Guitarlifter is my bff forever? perhaps you should read the trade AV and tank threads, you know threads actually related to the Cavs.

    Let frank put Drummond in the high post and then there would be no need for an explanation about fit.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •