Page 17 of 111 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,577 Times in 9,744 Posts

Default Re: The Andre Drummond Thread

Quote Originally Posted by adam81king View Post
    I assume this racist comment is directed at American-born white guys (cause there are more than a few foreign white guys that are All-Stars, Hall of Famers, etc from TODAYS game). However, there are a few that you're overlooking:
    pg-Kirk Hinrich, Steve Blake, Luke Ridnour, Jimmer Fredette
    sg-Gordon Hayward, JJ Redick, Mike Dunleavy
    sf-Chandler Parsons, Kyle Singler, Steve Novak
    pf-Kevin Love, Ryan Anderson, BJ Mullens
    c-David Lee, Nick Collison, Spencer Hawes, Tyler Zeller, Meyers Leonard
    (and I won't even count the "white-skinned-mixed-guys" like Blake Griffin, Klay Thompson, Kris Humphries, Jason Kidd, etc)

Those guys would form a pretty good team.
    Love, Lee, Anderson and Parsons are the only guys I'd use off of the pure white list. They're not real athletic, they just excel at white guy stuff. They box out and rebound, have great shooting form, set great picks and coaches describe them as "cerebral," "fundamentally sound" and "coaches on the floor."

And for everyone in the NBA other than those four, we know what that means. "Limited athletically" and "relateable for white America." David Kahn gets it.

I'd waive everyone else on that list or trade them for second rounders.

-Deezy-
    Last edited by The Oi; 12-18-2012 at 09:56 AM.

Blue Donkey Kong Champion Ocean Force Champion Cell Defense Champion Bird Saver Champion Jigsaw: Rocky Waters Champion Brave Old World Champion Jigsaw: Boats And Fire Hydrant Champion Jigsaw: Narrow Street Champion A Miko Tale Marionette: Another Tale Champion Balancing Mathai Champion Jigsaw: Red Toadstool Champion Jigsaw: Wood Formation Champion 4Blocks Champion CircusCircus Champion Jigsaw: Slate Mine Champion Spencer Hawes's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,806 Times in 745 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tornicade View Post
    Guitarlifter is my bff forever? perhaps you should read the trade AV and tank threads, you know threads actually related to the Cavs.

Let frank put Drummond in the high post and then there would be no need for an explanation about fit.
    Sorry but I don't pay attention to anything you post relating to the Cavs.

All Star
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,861 Times in 815 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Birdy89 View Post
    Drummond is a stud.

7 points, 8 boards, 4 blocks in his 11 first half minutes tonight.
    Really?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,495 Times in 611 Posts

America clearly invented the white man.

Sent from my ass using tapatalk 2

Thanks
    Thanked 5,259 Times in 2,009 Posts

I thought everyone had an understanding that stats accumulated against the Wizards don't count

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,226 Times in 663 Posts

The guy is extremely young and has crazy high potential. He is going to be a flat out beast.

I would take the Pistons roster over the Cavs.

Birthing All-Stars Free Agency God's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,564 Times in 1,553 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RealKingofCleve View Post
    The guy is extremely young and has crazy high potential. He is going to be a flat out beast.

I would take the Pistons roster over the Cavs.
    Their current roster may be better, but I'll take our overall situation over theirs any day. Our cap space combined with the sheer amount of picks owed to us over the next few years (and that amount of picks may increase) puts us in a much better position to succeed than them. They have one late 2nd rounder coming to them in terms of future picks, and that's it. That is completely eclipsed by the fact that their own 1st rounder in 2013 is owed to Charlotte (although it may be conveyed to them in 2014 due to protections, which may actually end up being worse for them since the 2014 draft is possibly deeper than the 2013 draft). I'm not even going to get into how many picks we are owed.

Corey Maggette, Charlie Villanueva, and even Richard Hamilton (bought out, but still counts against cap) are strapping their flexibility.

The Pistons are going to be a 2nd-round to 1st-round exit playoff team at best. Once we get to using some more of our draft picks and sign some free agents to fill in the holes, we'll be looking like a completely different team.
    Last edited by Free Agency God; 12-21-2012 at 10:57 PM.

Thanks

This sounds horrible, but I need for this guy to not succeed or it may cause me a depression. UGH!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Len View Post
    This sounds horrible, but I need for this guy to not succeed or it may cause me a depression. UGH!
    That's a horrible thing to say.

But yeah, I hope he catches whatever Greg Oden caught and ends up with a cane.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,048 Times in 3,423 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RMsDanielGibson View Post
    Their current roster may be better, but I'll take our overall situation over theirs any day. Our cap space combined with the sheer amount of picks owed to us over the next few years (and that amount of picks may increase) puts us in a much better position to succeed than them. They have one late 2nd rounder coming to them in terms of future picks, and that's it. That is completely eclipsed by the fact that their own 1st rounder in 2013 is owed to Charlotte (although it may be conveyed to them in 2014 due to protections, which may actually end up being worse for them since the 2014 draft is possibly deeper than the 2013 draft). I'm not even going to get into how many picks we are owed.

Corey Maggette, Charlie Villanueva, and even Richard Hamilton (bought out, but still counts against cap) are strapping their flexibility.

The Pistons are going to be a 2nd-round to 1st-round exit playoff team at best. Once we get to using some more of our draft picks and sign some free agents to fill in the holes, we'll be looking like a completely different team.
    Dude, a bunch of mediocre picks owed to us over the next few years means jack shit. What matters is talent, and right now ... I'm not sure our situation is that much greater. It's all based on potential. We have a bunch of shitty picks and then our own which are likely to be high in the draft ... the question is will we draft another Tristan Thompson role player with them?

I'm not saying Waiters won't be good, but I'd feel much better if we had taken Drummond. I stand by that.
    The artist formerly known as cmstophe

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Dude, a bunch of mediocre picks owed to us over the next few years means jack shit. What matters is talent, and right now ... I'm not sure our situation is that much greater. It's all based on potential. We have a bunch of shitty picks and then our own which are likely to be high in the draft ... the question is will we draft another Tristan Thompson role player with them?

I'm not saying Waiters won't be good, but I'd feel much better if we had taken Drummond. I stand by that.
    I think you're underestimating our draft picks and our cap space. There's really not much separation in terms of talent between our two teams. It's not a far stretch to think that we could have had 7-8 wins this season thus far if Brandon Jennings had missed that crazy 3, if Varejao had hit his free throw in NY, and if a couple more shots were made at the end. Not to mention that we've had guys miss a lot of games between Kyrie, Waiters, and Zeller.

The fact that we'll get to draft someone like Shabazz or Len this coming draft while Detroit gets jack shit because they have no 2013 1st will be a huge difference maker. Add in all of those other draft picks and what can be done with them between just straight up using them or trades, and that puts us further ahead. Add in the fact that we have the ability to sign a lot of free agents or use that cap space in trades is also a big benefit. Detroit cannot sign anyone big for the next 2 seasons at least, and, by that time, guys like Munroe will be already paid, which could ruin their FA hopes all together until the next rebuild. That leaves trades, and, beyond Drummond, Munroe, and Knight, they have players of little value to other teams, and it's obvious they're not trading those guys. They have a sick pairing of big men and an ok scoring PG (PER of 13) for the future, but, beyond that, they don't have much going for them.

Long story, short:

Current overall talent level of team: Cavs = Pistons (it's very close)
    Future drafting situation: Cavs > Pistons (Cavs are owed 3 1sts and 3 2nd over the next few years while the Pistons are owed 1 2nd, but owe a high 1st of their own)
    Future cap space situation: Cavs > Pistons (few teams have a worse payroll situation than Detroit if any because they're well over the cap, but are a .250 team. We have pretty much the best cap situation in the league, opening up a ton of possibilities)
    Future trade possibilities: Cavs > Pistons (We have Andy, a million picks, and cap space to use in trades while Detroit has a bunch of role players, half of which are heavily overpaid)

But anyhow, it's still too early to see how good Drummond will be compared to Waiters. Right now, Drummond is looking like he could have all-star potential, but it's still hard to tell in limited minutes just how good he could be. The good thing is that this coming draft is center-heavy and we'll pretty much have our pick of them. Rudy Gobert doesn't have the bulk of Drummond, but he has even more impressive length. Then there's my man, Len, who could end up being something special, a complete center on both sides of the court with elite size and very good athleticism for a 7'1" guy. In a vacuum of comparing Waiters to Drummond at this point, I'd pick Drummond, but, if we were to draft Len and he ended up being an all-star center and ended up spreading the floor better than Drummond ever could while still playing amazing defense with 2-3 blocks per game similar to Drummond, I don't think I'll be all that mad if at all.

Chin-up, Chris. There's a lot of things that have gone very right for this team, and there are still a lot of things that could go very right for this team as well. It's not like we drafted Darko over Wade.

On a side note, if any team should feel shitty about missing out on Drummond, it should be the Raptors. The idiots passed on Drummond for Terrence Ross! Jonas is looking like a backup center at best at this point. I seriously feel sorry for the Raptors. The Pistons must've been pissing their pants when Drummond fell to them. Ross may not even be in the league in a few years. At best, he'll be a backup. Waiters at least has all-star potential. Gotta swing for the fences at that point.

Team Player
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RMsDanielGibson View Post
    I think you're underestimating our draft picks and our cap space. There's really not much separation in terms of talent between our two teams. It's not a far stretch to think that we could have had 7-8 wins this season thus far if Brandon Jennings had missed that crazy 3, if Varejao had hit his free throw in NY, and if a couple more shots were made at the end. Not to mention that we've had guys miss a lot of games between Kyrie, Waiters, and Zeller.

The fact that we'll get to draft someone like Shabazz or Len this coming draft while Detroit gets jack shit because they have no 2013 1st will be a huge difference maker. Add in all of those other draft picks and what can be done with them between just straight up using them or trades, and that puts us further ahead. Add in the fact that we have the ability to sign a lot of free agents or use that cap space in trades is also a big benefit. Detroit cannot sign anyone big for the next 2 seasons at least, and, by that time, guys like Munroe will be already paid, which could ruin their FA hopes all together until the next rebuild. That leaves trades, and, beyond Drummond, Munroe, and Knight, they have players of little value to other teams, and it's obvious they're not trading those guys. They have a sick pairing of big men and an ok scoring PG (PER of 13) for the future, but, beyond that, they don't have much going for them.
    So true people underestame 1st round picks and our pateince. If detroit was smart and tanked like us they could get shabazz,monroe,drummond now they gonna get poythress or porter instead

Thanks

Zeller is the definition of weaksauce, any time he misses is of no consequence to anybody right now.

Every team has games they can say "If we did this, we would have won."

I'm not even very upset with where the Cavs stand, basically all I am saying is they have a bunch of mediocre picks (besides their own) and they haven't done anything with them yet. The likelihood of getting a good player with any of those picks be it via trade or just using the pick is very low.

I've watched about 40 minutes of college ball this season so truth is I don't know what the deal is with Len. I know he had one game against Tucky and everybody began hailing him. I hope it is based on more than just that game. If we get him and he turns into a star, I won't be sick about Drummond anymore.

The Bushido doctrine Homer Safari's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,142 Times in 2,268 Posts

zeller comes out in his firt start and scores 20 points. the next game he comes out with 12 pts, 7 rebounds and 2 blocked shots.

those are pretty solid numbers for a rookie in his first two starts, Indiana meanwhile is showing itself as one of the better defenses in the NBA. Im not sure how weak sauce applies.

Offensively Drummond has a slight edge on the pick and roll and gets alot of offensive production off the boards. Zeller meanwhile has spot up jumper.

Drummond still hasnt established himself on the post and really hasnt shown himself capable of running in isolation. Zeller though has been more efficient when he does score off the boards.

Defensively Zeller struggles defending Isolation and post more than Drummond. other than that the difference is marginal.

Zeller has shown enough to definitely merit him for consideration as a long term starter. His range shooting and post up play show alot of potential for improvement and he is getting better at cutting to the basket.

Thanks

Dude, he had like 3 rebounds in that 20 point effort. Da fuq ... he will never ever ever ever be a starter on a championship contender, nor should he.