Page 18 of 109 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
    Private eyes, Watchin You Tornicade IED's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,699 Times in 2,072 Posts

Default Re: The Andre Drummond Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Dude, he had like 3 rebounds in that 20 point effort. Da fuq ... he will never ever ever ever be a starter on a championship contender, nor should he.
    dude he is a rookie with less than 30 games played.surrounded by a bunch of other guys with less than 150 games played. If he played for someone else youd be on here saying " oh man we should of got someone like zeller"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tornicade IED For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Did all of you guys that are in love with Drummond actually watch him last year and expect him to be good in the NBA? I know personally when I watched his highlights from high school though "Holy shit if the Cavs get him we will be unstoppable" but then I watched a few UConn games and realized how absolutely horrible that team was with 2 lottery picks on it. He would literally just disappear for entire games.

I am genuinely shocked that he is actually looking good and would have been quite disappointed if we were the ones to take him at the draft.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,325 Times in 2,878 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tornicade View Post
    dude he is a rookie with less than 30 games played.surrounded by a bunch of other guys with less than 150 games played. If he played for someone else youd be on here saying " oh man we should of got someone like zeller"
    No.

I did not want anything to do with Zeller on draft night (I was pretty neutral, really, now that I think about it. He is and will be a marginal player) and I still don't really care about him. He might be a nice back up someday. Might be.
    The artist formerly known as cmstophe

Thanks

I wanted to pair my All-Star PG with a giant atheltic freak 18 year old 260lb 6'10 Center.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Len For This Useful Post:

**lost this privilege** Donkey Kong Champion Ocean Force Champion Cell Defense Champion Bird Saver Champion Jigsaw: Rocky Waters Champion Brave Old World Champion Jigsaw: Boats And Fire Hydrant Champion Jigsaw: Narrow Street Champion A Miko Tale Marionette: Another Tale Champion Balancing Mathai Champion Jigsaw: Red Toadstool Champion Jigsaw: Wood Formation Champion 4Blocks Champion CircusCircus Champion Jigsaw: Slate Mine Champion Spencer Hawes's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,647 Times in 687 Posts

I think you purposely forgot that Zeller is what 15 years older than Drummond?

**lost this privilege** Donkey Kong Champion Ocean Force Champion Cell Defense Champion Bird Saver Champion Jigsaw: Rocky Waters Champion Brave Old World Champion Jigsaw: Boats And Fire Hydrant Champion Jigsaw: Narrow Street Champion A Miko Tale Marionette: Another Tale Champion Balancing Mathai Champion Jigsaw: Red Toadstool Champion Jigsaw: Wood Formation Champion 4Blocks Champion CircusCircus Champion Jigsaw: Slate Mine Champion Spencer Hawes's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by theshad View Post
    Did all of you guys that are in love with Drummond actually watch him last year and expect him to be good in the NBA? I know personally when I watched his highlights from high school though "Holy shit if the Cavs get him we will be unstoppable" but then I watched a few UConn games and realized how absolutely horrible that team was with 2 lottery picks on it. He would literally just disappear for entire games.

I am genuinely shocked that he is actually looking good and would have been quite disappointed if we were the ones to take him at the draft.
    Wow, you're "shocked" lol. Most people who felt Drummond deserved to go higher felt that with his raw athleticism and size, he would be a bigger version of D'andre Jordan. So far, that is what he is bringing to the table as a rookie and a doing a solid job.

Team Player
    Thanks

Upgrading evaluation from 'beast' to 'potential All-Star'.

Its supposed to hurt RealKingofCleve's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,220 Times in 658 Posts

Tornicade can drink the kool-aid all he wants, but the Cavs would be in a much better position if they drafted Klay Thompson and Drummond or even Faried and Drummond.

Thanks

While you guys dream of bizarro world . Ill just watch the guys the cavs did get gell as a team and improve while drummond begs for play time.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Tornicade IED For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,673 Times in 762 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RealKingofCleve View Post
    Tornicade can drink the kool-aid all he wants, but the Cavs would be in a much better position if they drafted Klay Thompson and Drummond or even Faried and Drummond.
    No shit. The Cavs would also be in a much better position if they never drafted Luke Jackson.

We passed on Drummond, he was a risky ass player. We got Dion. Deal with it.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Triplethreat For This Useful Post:

Thanks

While you guys dream of bizarro world . Ill just watch the guys the cavs did get gell as a team and improve while drummond begs for play time.
    This is an "Andre Drummond" thread located in a section called "Around the NBA". Cavs talk belong in the Cavs section.
    Last edited by wuck; 12-23-2012 at 12:36 PM. Reason: deleted personal stuff

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spencer Hawes For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Dude, a bunch of mediocre picks owed to us over the next few years means jack shit. What matters is talent, and right now ... I'm not sure our situation is that much greater. It's all based on potential. We have a bunch of shitty picks and then our own which are likely to be high in the draft ... the question is will we draft another Tristan Thompson role player with them?

I'm not saying Waiters won't be good, but I'd feel much better if we had taken Drummond. I stand by that.
    Zeller is the definition of weaksauce, any time he misses is of no consequence to anybody right now.

Every team has games they can say "If we did this, we would have won."

I'm not even very upset with where the Cavs stand, basically all I am saying is they have a bunch of mediocre picks (besides their own) and they haven't done anything with them yet. The likelihood of getting a good player with any of those picks be it via trade or just using the pick is very low.

I've watched about 40 minutes of college ball this season so truth is I don't know what the deal is with Len. I know he had one game against Tucky and everybody began hailing him. I hope it is based on more than just that game. If we get him and he turns into a star, I won't be sick about Drummond anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_kahuna View Post
    This is an "Andre Drummond" thread located in a section called "Around the NBA". Cavs talk belong in the Cavs section.
    Im sure Chris got your message.
    Last edited by wuck; 12-23-2012 at 12:37 PM.

Thanks

If you're going to compare TYLER ZELLER to ANDRE DRUMMOND in the ANDRE DRUMMOND thread, I'm going to shred your invalid and ridiculous opinion to pieces, not just ignore it.

If you notice, each of my points relates back to Andre Drummond.

Kahuna was telling you to stop expecting people to not talk about Andre Drummond in the thread titled Andre Drummond. Which would be awesome.
    Last edited by wuck; 12-23-2012 at 02:45 PM.

Admittedly Pompous Randolphkeys's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,427 Times in 4,800 Posts

Drummond is better than we expected, and should get a lot more playing time once the Pistons are out of the playoffs and make a deadline move. Zeller is in the same boat for the Cavs. Let's do this without insults.
    “It's hard for winners to do comedy. Comedy is inherently subversive. We represent the underdog as comedy usually speaks for the lower classes. We attack the winners.” ~Harold Ramis

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Randolphkeys For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Zeller is better than expected, or Zeller is going to get more playing time for the Cavs? If you're talking about future franchise centers, I don't think it's even a debate.