Page 42 of 111 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast
    ~
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,862 Times in 2,489 Posts

Default Re: The Andre Drummond Thread

Quote Originally Posted by RchfldCavRaised View Post
    I think Dion could/would be challenging Lillard for ROY if he were not Kyries teammate. Dion plays hard. I dont see him coast much at all.
    Dion shows a lot of inconsistency even when he's allowed to do his thing, whereas Lillard is pretty much double digit scoring and a half dozen assists every night. Heck, Dion was pretty inconsistent at Syracuse.

Drafting workout allstars RchfldCavRaised's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,747 Times in 2,035 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Dion shows a lot of inconsistency even when he's allowed to do his thing, whereas Lillard is pretty much double digit scoring and a half dozen assists every night. Heck, Dion was pretty inconsistent at Syracuse.
    But when Dion has the freedom to play through his mistakes ive seen ability in him that I havent seen in Lillard. Its all amoot point, butbI do think if Waiters were given the reigns to a team and given time, he would be better than Lillard.
    The Richfield Trade Deadline Survival Kit post... here

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RchfldCavRaised For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,323 Times in 536 Posts

You know, moving back to the main topic of this thread... for a guy with all the tools, he sure looks pleasing to the eyes, but he kind of doesn't have that conductive to "winning aura" feel to him. Like he needs to understand how to play through a team defense before he should be on the floor for major minutes. I mean, Tristan was eating him alive, and rightfully so. He can't win a game by himself, and neither could Shaq nor Wilt. And it's in a generation where he easily can dominate with his size and strength. It's no wonder why the net numbers don't favor him.
    (Reserved for future Animated Signature-that-won't-slow-you-down)

Magic Number Thread:
    http://realcavsfans.com/showthread.p...in-May-2011...

The latest updates are noted within the context.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to rabman_gold For This Useful Post:

Birthing All-Stars Free Agency God's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,575 Times in 1,555 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RchfldCavRaised View Post
    But when Dion has the freedom to play through his mistakes ive seen ability in him that I havent seen in Lillard. Its all amoot point, butbI do think if Waiters were given the reigns to a team and given time, he would be better than Lillard.
    RICHFIELD! This is a huge step forward for you! You're actually acknowledging the talent/potential in OUR players in a POSITIVE manner! I'm so proud of you!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Free Agency God For This Useful Post:

Hall of Famer
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,770 Times in 4,109 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    RICHFIELD! This is a huge step forward for you! You're actually acknowledging the talent/potential in OUR players in a POSITIVE manner! I'm so proud of you!
    Clearly his account was hacked.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jack Brickman For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Watching Detroit/Lakers game. Drummond came in late in the 4th and helped regain the momentum. Will Bynum has a good 2 man game with Drummond because he can get into the lane seemingly at will and likes to feed Andre after his man rotates. Charlie V, B Knight, and Singler help space the floor so the D can't collapse.

Drummond with a pretty boneheaded shot down 2 (turn around fade away from the baseline) with 20 seconds left in the game. Kid is a beast, but I'm content with the Waiters pick for now.

~
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rabman_gold View Post
    It's no wonder why the net numbers don't favor him.
    What are you referring to here?

Given how young & raw he is, I'm not seeing anything of concern.

Charlie V is a big wild card on the Pistons. He can be a difference maker in a positive way with his offense, and in a negative way with his defense.

Thanks

Well, Charlie is more of a empty stats player, so that's a weak comparison. Andre can become better, but before comparing him to Dwight and friends, we must remember those guys were starters on +40 win teams in their rookie years for good reason. They commanded the presence. The net points aren't as significant as they were with the real dominant forces. I mean, if that's the case, why isn't Drummond commanding time over a guy like Maxiel? The bigger problem is Andre doesn't create enough for himself. I'm just not satisfied. I don't see any REAL hunger...

Magic Number Thread:

~
    Thanks

Well, Charlie is more of a empty stats player, so that's a weak comparison. Andre can become better, but before comparing him to Dwight and friends, we must remember those guys were starters on +40 win teams in their rookie years for good reason. They commanded the presence. The net points aren't as significant as they were with the real dominant forces. I mean, if that's the case, why isn't Drummond commanding time over a guy like Maxiel? The bigger problem is Andre doesn't create enough for himself. I'm just not satisfied. I don't see any REAL hunger...
    I'm still confused what issue you're taking with Andre's numbers. You mentioned, "Net Points", but he's +80 in that category.

The Magic were a 36-win team with Dwight. They dumped Gooden and Varejao just so there'd be no temptation to cut Dwight's minutes. The Pistons are bringing Andre along slowly because they've decided that's the best way to develop him - and they're right. You build his skill and his confidence step by step.

I'm sure anybody that's actually compared Andre to Dwight is doing so in terms of upside, after he's had time to develop. If Andre can master some moves in the post, it may do a world of good for his confidence, and then maybe he'll show some hunger. In the short term, on a veteran team, there's nothing wrong with him trying to fit in. That's a good thing.

Remember it wasn't that many weeks ago that the Cavs had completely stopped running plays for Tristan?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I'm still confused what issue you're taking with Andre's numbers. You mentioned, "Net Points", but he's +80 in that category.

The Magic were a 36-win team with Dwight. They dumped Gooden and Varejao just so there'd be no temptation to cut Dwight's minutes. The Pistons are bringing Andre along slowly because they've decided that's the best way to develop him - and they're right. You build his skill and his confidence step by step.

I'm sure anybody that's actually compared Andre to Dwight is doing so in terms of upside, after he's had time to develop. If Andre can master some moves in the post, it may do a world of good for his confidence, and then maybe he'll show some hunger. In the short term, on a veteran team, there's nothing wrong with him trying to fit in. That's a good thing.

Remember it wasn't that many weeks ago that the Cavs had completely stopped running plays for Tristan?
    Well, alright. If you say so. I'll let it go at this point. I would like to see Drummond become a superstar since this league is fueled by them and the new generation should have good attitude players, unlike the last generation... but we need them to work at it while their teams correctly build around them. At the same time, I would also like the same competitive balance, but not before we get some gold in a June not far away. Hope it works for Drummond.

Magic Number Thread:

~
    Thanks

Well, alright. If you say so. I'll let it go at this point. I would like to see Drummond become a superstar since this league is fueled by them and the new generation should have good attitude players, unlike the last generation... but we need them to work at it while their teams correctly build around them. At the same time, I would also like the same competitive balance, but not before we get some gold in a June not far away. Hope it works for Drummond.
    You don't have to let anything go, it just wasn't clear to me what you were taking issue with. I have no clue whether Andre will reach his potential, but his raw skills are so ridiculous he'd have to work hard not to at least become a factor in the league.

Admittedly Pompous Randolphkeys's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,346 Times in 5,347 Posts

Nobody talking about the revelation that he may have a back problem. He's barely played for two games now...
    “He (Dellavedova) was doin' too much.” ~Paul George, January 5th

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Randolphkeys For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,225 Times in 1,038 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Randolphkeys View Post
    Nobody talking about the revelation that he may have a back problem. He's barely played for two games now...
    Interesting. I hadn't heard about that.

Hall of Famer
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,770 Times in 4,109 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Randolphkeys View Post
    He continues to emulate Dwight Howard.

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Jack Brickman For This Useful Post:

All Star
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,161 Times in 1,051 Posts

You don't hear much about a crappy Detroit team....hope he has a strong recovery