Page 42 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast
Results 616 to 630 of 1630
  1. #616
    ~
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    20,425
    Thanks
    2,806
    Thanked 5,862 Times in 2,489 Posts

    Default Re: The Andre Drummond Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by RchfldCavRaised View Post
    I think Dion could/would be challenging Lillard for ROY if he were not Kyries teammate. Dion plays hard. I dont see him coast much at all.
    Dion shows a lot of inconsistency even when he's allowed to do his thing, whereas Lillard is pretty much double digit scoring and a half dozen assists every night. Heck, Dion was pretty inconsistent at Syracuse.

  2. #617
    Drafting workout allstars RchfldCavRaised's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Murfreesboro TN via NE Ohio
    Posts
    9,720
    Thanks
    15,249
    Thanked 7,853 Times in 1,879 Posts

    Default Re: The Andre Drummond Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Dion shows a lot of inconsistency even when he's allowed to do his thing, whereas Lillard is pretty much double digit scoring and a half dozen assists every night. Heck, Dion was pretty inconsistent at Syracuse.
    But when Dion has the freedom to play through his mistakes ive seen ability in him that I havent seen in Lillard. Its all amoot point, butbI do think if Waiters were given the reigns to a team and given time, he would be better than Lillard.
    The Richfield Trade Deadline Survival Kit post... here

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RchfldCavRaised For This Useful Post:


  4. #618
    I hate Florida rabman_gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Boca Raton, FL
    Posts
    4,371
    Thanks
    6,199
    Thanked 1,282 Times in 522 Posts

    Default Re: The Andre Drummond Thread

    You know, moving back to the main topic of this thread... for a guy with all the tools, he sure looks pleasing to the eyes, but he kind of doesn't have that conductive to "winning aura" feel to him. Like he needs to understand how to play through a team defense before he should be on the floor for major minutes. I mean, Tristan was eating him alive, and rightfully so. He can't win a game by himself, and neither could Shaq nor Wilt. And it's in a generation where he easily can dominate with his size and strength. It's no wonder why the net numbers don't favor him.
    (Reserved for future Animated Signature-that-won't-slow-you-down)



    Magic Number Thread:
    http://realcavsfans.com/showthread.p...in-May-2011...

    The latest updates are noted within the context.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to rabman_gold For This Useful Post:


  6. #619
    Birthing All-Stars Löttery Göd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Space
    Posts
    4,061
    Thanks
    7,164
    Thanked 3,987 Times in 1,437 Posts

    Default Re: The Andre Drummond Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by RchfldCavRaised View Post
    But when Dion has the freedom to play through his mistakes ive seen ability in him that I havent seen in Lillard. Its all amoot point, butbI do think if Waiters were given the reigns to a team and given time, he would be better than Lillard.
    RICHFIELD! This is a huge step forward for you! You're actually acknowledging the talent/potential in OUR players in a POSITIVE manner! I'm so proud of you!
    "For the Tank God so loved the world, that he gave his one and only Tank Son, Antawn Jamison, and whosoever believes in Him, will not perish, but have everlasting high draft picks." - Tank 3:16

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Löttery Göd For This Useful Post:


  8. #620
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    8,673
    Thanks
    4,615
    Thanked 8,683 Times in 3,234 Posts

    Default Re: The Andre Drummond Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    RICHFIELD! This is a huge step forward for you! You're actually acknowledging the talent/potential in OUR players in a POSITIVE manner! I'm so proud of you!
    Clearly his account was hacked.

  9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jack Brickman For This Useful Post:


  10. #621
    Situational Stopper GCCSteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Royal Oak, MI
    Posts
    226
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 151 Times in 67 Posts

    Default Re: The Andre Drummond Thread

    Watching Detroit/Lakers game. Drummond came in late in the 4th and helped regain the momentum. Will Bynum has a good 2 man game with Drummond because he can get into the lane seemingly at will and likes to feed Andre after his man rotates. Charlie V, B Knight, and Singler help space the floor so the D can't collapse.

    Drummond with a pretty boneheaded shot down 2 (turn around fade away from the baseline) with 20 seconds left in the game. Kid is a beast, but I'm content with the Waiters pick for now.

  11. #622
    ~
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    20,425
    Thanks
    2,806
    Thanked 5,862 Times in 2,489 Posts

    Default Re: The Andre Drummond Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by rabman_gold View Post
    It's no wonder why the net numbers don't favor him.
    What are you referring to here?

    Given how young & raw he is, I'm not seeing anything of concern.

    Charlie V is a big wild card on the Pistons. He can be a difference maker in a positive way with his offense, and in a negative way with his defense.

  12. #623
    I hate Florida rabman_gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Boca Raton, FL
    Posts
    4,371
    Thanks
    6,199
    Thanked 1,282 Times in 522 Posts

    Default Re: The Andre Drummond Thread

    Well, Charlie is more of a empty stats player, so that's a weak comparison. Andre can become better, but before comparing him to Dwight and friends, we must remember those guys were starters on +40 win teams in their rookie years for good reason. They commanded the presence. The net points aren't as significant as they were with the real dominant forces. I mean, if that's the case, why isn't Drummond commanding time over a guy like Maxiel? The bigger problem is Andre doesn't create enough for himself. I'm just not satisfied. I don't see any REAL hunger...
    (Reserved for future Animated Signature-that-won't-slow-you-down)



    Magic Number Thread:
    http://realcavsfans.com/showthread.p...in-May-2011...

    The latest updates are noted within the context.

  13. #624
    ~
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    20,425
    Thanks
    2,806
    Thanked 5,862 Times in 2,489 Posts

    Default Re: The Andre Drummond Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by rabman_gold View Post
    Well, Charlie is more of a empty stats player, so that's a weak comparison. Andre can become better, but before comparing him to Dwight and friends, we must remember those guys were starters on +40 win teams in their rookie years for good reason. They commanded the presence. The net points aren't as significant as they were with the real dominant forces. I mean, if that's the case, why isn't Drummond commanding time over a guy like Maxiel? The bigger problem is Andre doesn't create enough for himself. I'm just not satisfied. I don't see any REAL hunger...
    I'm still confused what issue you're taking with Andre's numbers. You mentioned, "Net Points", but he's +80 in that category.

    The Magic were a 36-win team with Dwight. They dumped Gooden and Varejao just so there'd be no temptation to cut Dwight's minutes. The Pistons are bringing Andre along slowly because they've decided that's the best way to develop him - and they're right. You build his skill and his confidence step by step.

    I'm sure anybody that's actually compared Andre to Dwight is doing so in terms of upside, after he's had time to develop. If Andre can master some moves in the post, it may do a world of good for his confidence, and then maybe he'll show some hunger. In the short term, on a veteran team, there's nothing wrong with him trying to fit in. That's a good thing.

    Remember it wasn't that many weeks ago that the Cavs had completely stopped running plays for Tristan?

  14. #625
    I hate Florida rabman_gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Boca Raton, FL
    Posts
    4,371
    Thanks
    6,199
    Thanked 1,282 Times in 522 Posts

    Default Re: The Andre Drummond Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I'm still confused what issue you're taking with Andre's numbers. You mentioned, "Net Points", but he's +80 in that category.

    The Magic were a 36-win team with Dwight. They dumped Gooden and Varejao just so there'd be no temptation to cut Dwight's minutes. The Pistons are bringing Andre along slowly because they've decided that's the best way to develop him - and they're right. You build his skill and his confidence step by step.

    I'm sure anybody that's actually compared Andre to Dwight is doing so in terms of upside, after he's had time to develop. If Andre can master some moves in the post, it may do a world of good for his confidence, and then maybe he'll show some hunger. In the short term, on a veteran team, there's nothing wrong with him trying to fit in. That's a good thing.

    Remember it wasn't that many weeks ago that the Cavs had completely stopped running plays for Tristan?
    Well, alright. If you say so. I'll let it go at this point. I would like to see Drummond become a superstar since this league is fueled by them and the new generation should have good attitude players, unlike the last generation... but we need them to work at it while their teams correctly build around them. At the same time, I would also like the same competitive balance, but not before we get some gold in a June not far away. Hope it works for Drummond.
    (Reserved for future Animated Signature-that-won't-slow-you-down)



    Magic Number Thread:
    http://realcavsfans.com/showthread.p...in-May-2011...

    The latest updates are noted within the context.

  15. #626
    ~
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    20,425
    Thanks
    2,806
    Thanked 5,862 Times in 2,489 Posts

    Default Re: The Andre Drummond Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by rabman_gold View Post
    Well, alright. If you say so. I'll let it go at this point. I would like to see Drummond become a superstar since this league is fueled by them and the new generation should have good attitude players, unlike the last generation... but we need them to work at it while their teams correctly build around them. At the same time, I would also like the same competitive balance, but not before we get some gold in a June not far away. Hope it works for Drummond.
    You don't have to let anything go, it just wasn't clear to me what you were taking issue with. I have no clue whether Andre will reach his potential, but his raw skills are so ridiculous he'd have to work hard not to at least become a factor in the league.

  16. #627
    Admittedly Pompous Randolphkeys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    13,903
    Thanks
    10,155
    Thanked 19,516 Times in 4,821 Posts

    Default Re: The Andre Drummond Thread

    Nobody talking about the revelation that he may have a back problem. He's barely played for two games now...
    “It's hard for winners to do comedy. Comedy is inherently subversive. We represent the underdog as comedy usually speaks for the lower classes. We attack the winners.” ~Harold Ramis

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Randolphkeys For This Useful Post:


  18. #628
    Sports Archaeologist Scholar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,959
    Thanks
    9,726
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 934 Posts

    Default Re: The Andre Drummond Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Randolphkeys View Post
    Nobody talking about the revelation that he may have a back problem. He's barely played for two games now...
    Interesting. I hadn't heard about that.

  19. #629
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    8,673
    Thanks
    4,615
    Thanked 8,683 Times in 3,234 Posts

    Default Re: The Andre Drummond Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Randolphkeys View Post
    Nobody talking about the revelation that he may have a back problem. He's barely played for two games now...
    He continues to emulate Dwight Howard.

  20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Jack Brickman For This Useful Post:


  21. #630
    All Star
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Akron
    Posts
    3,760
    Thanks
    1,946
    Thanked 2,821 Times in 953 Posts

    Default Re: The Andre Drummond Thread

    You don't hear much about a crappy Detroit team....hope he has a strong recovery
    Browns QB wish list
    1) Blake Bortles
    2) Teddy Bridgewater
    3) Johnny Manziel
    4) Jimmy Garoppolo
    5) Derek Carr

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •