Page 46 of 111 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast
Results 676 to 690 of 1656
  1. #676
    Blue Donkey Kong Champion Ocean Force Champion Cell Defense Champion Bird Saver Champion Jigsaw: Rocky Waters Champion Brave Old World Champion Jigsaw: Boats And Fire Hydrant Champion Jigsaw: Narrow Street Champion A Miko Tale Marionette: Another Tale Champion Balancing Mathai Champion Jigsaw: Red Toadstool Champion Jigsaw: Wood Formation Champion 4Blocks Champion CircusCircus Champion Jigsaw: Slate Mine Champion Spencer Hawes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    4,169
    Thanks
    2,988
    Thanked 1,809 Times in 748 Posts

    Default Re: The Andre Drummond Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Tornicade View Post
    first of all, I am rather consistent in my views and typically have an array of information that supports my views. People can disagree with with my information, refute it with their own information or present a different opinion. Thats what the boards are for . what you percieve as being a "punching bag" are typically rational discussions with different points of view. the kind of things that typically are encouraged in forums. you on the other hand have tried to use me as a punching bag literally several times and always they resutlts both iof us getting moderated for inappropiate lines of discussion.

    now take Brevin Knight for example. You wanted to use Brevin Knights as an excuse for lackluster performances by Drummond. I pointed out that in the preseason he was working on distributing the ball. This statement was supported not only by his stats but also by Knight himself and his play on the court. Of course once the season started Frank had him play more aggressive on the offensive end because Detroit needs that. at the same time Knights assist rate and assist percentage have both increased. as far as your per 36 fit. it really didnt change anything. his numbers were up no matter if you went by per 36, per 48 or by the minute. I even took the time to correct my post and even with the correction the statement was still valid.

    some people when they run out of supported arguments like to attack the poster to prove their point.

    its amazing to me that people can spend an entire season bashing Thompson for not having a jump shot but then drool over this guy

    Shot Distance At Rim 150 223 .673 0 0 .673 89 .593
    3 to <10 ft 10 37 .270 0 0 .270 5 .500
    10 to <16 ft 0 6 .000 0 0 .000 0
    16 ft to <3-pt 0 4 .000 0 0 .000 0
    3-pt 1 2 .500 1 2 .500 .750 0 .000

    Split Value FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% eFG% Ast'd %Ast'd
    Shot Type Dunk 85 94 .904 0 0 .904 60 .706
    Hook Shot 1 9 .111 0 0 .111 0 .000
    Jump Shot 8 37 .216 1 2 .500 .230 5 .625
    Lay-Up 51 104 .490 0 0 .490 29 .569
    Tip Shot 16 28 .571 0 0 .571 0 .000

    If you want a highlight real guy who can shoot well solely on put backs and cuts then Drummond is your guy.

    Once again If Drummond is properly blocked out which is difficult for the typical back up to do with an athlete of this type he is basically rendered ineffective.. This will make itself really evident if the Detroit ever gets to the playoffs. although Drummond will still have value as a rebound and putback guy offensively and of course his cutting ability will take a guy out of the paint.

    now back to the Draft.. your going to take Andre Drummond over Anthony Davis? no didnt think so. Michael Kidd Gilchrist? Bradley Beal? Dion Waiters? Damien Llliard?

    Thomas Robinson , Harrison Barnes, Terrence Ross are all debatable but none of those were Cavs picks.
    First....Seriously is there something wrong with you? Detroit's former starting PG's name is Brandon Knight. You can't even get that right? The argument that I initially made was that Detroit DOES NOT HAVE A TRUE POINT GUARD ON THEIR TEAM. I said Brandon Knight was a SG in a PG's body and Will Bynum was the only person that seems to be passing Drummond the ball during the pre-season and in the few games that they were playing together (3 regular season games I believe at that time). Then you go off and showing all these charts and cited interviews on how he has transformed into this "true point guard"....which I said was absurd because the raw data shows that he was sacrificing his offense to concentrate on passing. Which PROVES that he is not a true point guard because if he was a true point guard, he shouldn't have to CONCENTRATE AND FOCUS on getting his teammates involved. It should come naturally. Again, now that Calerdon is starting, it proves categorically that you were wrong son.

    So now we have him averaging 4.3 APG (up 3.8 APG from last season lol) and barely shooting above 40% (which has steadily increased while his assist rate decreased throughout the season) from the field. Thanks for sharing all of your "fluffy charts". It just shows that you don't know what you're talking about but hey, some people like to hear you talk out of your ass.

    Secondly, I would also like to bring up, again, a topic that you seem to have conveniently forgot. You said I was bashing Dion in the game threads. I called you out on it several times and you didn't answer because you're a coward. Can you come up with anything that shows me bashing the living hell out of Dion in the game thread or anywhere on this forum? I don't think so. If you're gonna blatantly lie and accuse someone of doing such things, be a man and admit your were wrong. But I don't expect something like that from a coward like you.

    Thirdly, wtf are you bringing Tristan Thompson into the equation? Wtf are you bringing Anthony Davis into the equation? Wtf are you bringing the top 6 draftees into the equation? All I said was from watching him play so far, he would guarantee to go higher if the draft was redone. Does that mean he would be picked over Anthony Davis, MGK, Beal or Waiters? Hell no but seeing what he is doing now, you better believe there he has a better chance at going as high as #2 now than when the draft started.

    Finally, STFU already since you had the gonads to say Kyle Singler had a better chance at winning ROY.
    Last edited by Spencer Hawes; 02-10-2013 at 04:55 AM.

  2. #677
    Blue Donkey Kong Champion Ocean Force Champion Cell Defense Champion Bird Saver Champion Jigsaw: Rocky Waters Champion Brave Old World Champion Jigsaw: Boats And Fire Hydrant Champion Jigsaw: Narrow Street Champion A Miko Tale Marionette: Another Tale Champion Balancing Mathai Champion Jigsaw: Red Toadstool Champion Jigsaw: Wood Formation Champion 4Blocks Champion CircusCircus Champion Jigsaw: Slate Mine Champion Spencer Hawes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    4,169
    Thanks
    2,988
    Thanked 1,809 Times in 748 Posts

    Default Re: The Andre Drummond Thread

    I find it absurd that before the season had even started, Drummond was being compared to every big man bust in recent memory and now that we have seen him play, the argument now is that he can't hang with Shaq and Dwight Howard. I'm thinking...that's fucking so stupid lol. The kid is doing alright in my book. Can't wait to see him in action next season and hope his injury is not gonna linger.
    Last edited by Spencer Hawes; 02-10-2013 at 04:54 AM.

  3. #678
    Or Also Schtick The Oi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    30,335
    Thanks
    26,959
    Thanked 30,727 Times in 9,787 Posts

    Default Re: The Andre Drummond Thread

    Dude... BREVIN Knight?

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Oi For This Useful Post:


  5. #679
    The Bushido doctrine Homer Safari's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Columbus, oh
    Posts
    8,227
    Thanks
    2,282
    Thanked 5,194 Times in 2,286 Posts

    Default Re: The Andre Drummond Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by blue_kahuna View Post
    First....Seriously is there something wrong with you? Detroit's former starting PG's name is Brandon Knight. You can't even get that right? The argument that I initially made was that Detroit DOES NOT HAVE A TRUE POINT GUARD ON THEIR TEAM. I said Brandon Knight was a SG in a PG's body and Will Bynum was the only person that seems to be passing Drummond the ball during the pre-season and in the few games that they were playing together (3 regular season games I believe at that time). Then you go off and showing all these charts and cited interviews on how he has transformed into this "true point guard"....which I said was absurd because the raw data shows that he was sacrificing his offense to concentrate on passing. Which PROVES that he is not a true point guard because if he was a true point guard, he shouldn't have to CONCENTRATE AND FOCUS on getting his teammates involved. It should come naturally. Again, now that Calerdon is starting, it proves categorically that you were wrong son.

    So now we have him averaging 4.3 APG (up 3.8 APG from last season lol) and barely shooting above 40% (which has steadily increased while his assist rate decreased throughout the season) from the field. Thanks for sharing all of your "fluffy charts". It just shows that you don't know what you're talking about but hey, some people like to hear you talk out of your ass.

    Secondly, I would also like to bring up, again, a topic that you seem to have conveniently forgot. You said I was bashing Dion in the game threads. I called you out on it several times and you didn't answer because you're a coward. Can you come up with anything that shows me bashing the living hell out of Dion in the game thread or anywhere on this forum? I don't think so. If you're gonna blatantly lie and accuse someone of doing such things, be a man and admit your were wrong. But I don't expect something like that from a coward like you.

    Thirdly, wtf are you bringing Tristan Thompson into the equation? Wtf are you bringing Anthony Davis into the equation? Wtf are you bringing the top 6 draftees into the equation? All I said was from watching him play so far, he would guarantee to go higher if the draft was redone. Does that mean he would be picked over Anthony Davis, MGK, Beal or Waiters? Hell no but seeing what he is doing now, you better believe there he has a better chance at going as high as #2 now than when the draft started.

    Finally, STFU already since you had the gonads to say Kyle Singler had a better chance at winning ROY.
    Whatever Adjective you want to think of. Drummond would be better off spending time with Brandon knight as opposed to will bynum. call him whatever you want. you chose to make it a debate about labeling I did not. I dont care what kind of guard he is called. Knight is a better player than Bynum and Drummond would benefit from sharing the court with him.

    I then gathered information to support my statement. you want me to argue with you whether Knight is "true" point guard. theres no point it doesnt have any bearing on the conversation.

    and I never actually stated you berated dion waiters specifically. so you want me to respond to things i Didnt say. Im not sure why you would want to revisit a rant that I edited out.

    Are you really still bent out of shape over a discussion that took place in November?

    You have some nerve to think that I would owe you any sort of apology.

  6. #680
    Slice & Dice SuperSurge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Sarasota, Florida
    Posts
    6,824
    Thanks
    6,195
    Thanked 7,946 Times in 2,517 Posts

    Default Re: The Andre Drummond Thread


  7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SuperSurge For This Useful Post:


  8. #681
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    10,667
    Thanks
    6,642
    Thanked 11,855 Times in 4,137 Posts

    Default Re: The Andre Drummond Thread

    All I'm saying is, Dwight Howard's playing through his back injury.


























  9. #682
    Admittedly Pompous Randolphkeys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    14,749
    Thanks
    11,277
    Thanked 22,805 Times in 5,384 Posts

    Default Re: The Andre Drummond Thread

    For all the love Drummond was getting, and deservedly so, he had just barely passed Varejao' s offensive and defensive rebound totals when he got hurt. That's some perspective on what the Cavs have been dealing without.
    “He (Dellavedova) was doin' too much.” ~Paul George, January 5th

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Randolphkeys For This Useful Post:


  11. #683
    The One Who Knocks Biw's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    ELYRIA
    Posts
    1,859
    Thanks
    1,582
    Thanked 2,146 Times in 706 Posts

    Default Re: The Andre Drummond Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Randolphkeys View Post
    For all the love Drummond was getting, and deservedly so, he had just barely passed Varejao' s offensive and defensive rebound totals when he got hurt. That's some perspective on what the Cavs have been dealing without.
    Drummond's only played 85 more minutes than Varejao this year though.
    "You drew a picture of my morning, but you couldn't make my day."
    -Naughty by Nature

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Biw For This Useful Post:


  13. #684
    Admittedly Pompous Randolphkeys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    14,749
    Thanks
    11,277
    Thanked 22,805 Times in 5,384 Posts

    Default Re: The Andre Drummond Thread

    After watching how terrible the Pistons front line performs without Drummond, I have a feeling he will be back on the floor in a few weeks.
    “He (Dellavedova) was doin' too much.” ~Paul George, January 5th

  14. #685
    Blue Donkey Kong Champion Ocean Force Champion Cell Defense Champion Bird Saver Champion Jigsaw: Rocky Waters Champion Brave Old World Champion Jigsaw: Boats And Fire Hydrant Champion Jigsaw: Narrow Street Champion A Miko Tale Marionette: Another Tale Champion Balancing Mathai Champion Jigsaw: Red Toadstool Champion Jigsaw: Wood Formation Champion 4Blocks Champion CircusCircus Champion Jigsaw: Slate Mine Champion Spencer Hawes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    4,169
    Thanks
    2,988
    Thanked 1,809 Times in 748 Posts

    Default Re: The Andre Drummond Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Tornicade View Post
    Whatever Adjective you want to think of. Drummond would be better off spending time with Brandon knight as opposed to will bynum. call him whatever you want. you chose to make it a debate about labeling I did not. I dont care what kind of guard he is called. Knight is a better player than Bynum and Drummond would benefit from sharing the court with him.

    I then gathered information to support my statement. you want me to argue with you whether Knight is "true" point guard. theres no point it doesnt have any bearing on the conversation.

    and I never actually stated you berated dion waiters specifically. so you want me to respond to things i Didnt say. Im not sure why you would want to revisit a rant that I edited out.

    Are you really still bent out of shape over a discussion that took place in November?

    You have some nerve to think that I would owe you any sort of apology.
    The problem is not the not the information that you gather but lack thereof. We had a chance to see Brandon Knight in a full season at UK and a full season as an NBA rookie and everyone will tell you, the kid is more of a SG in a PG body than a true PG. That is not even debatable. Then you chime in and used stats from 3 games and an interview to support your argument that Drummond would be better off on the floor with Knight than Will Bynum. Three whole fucking games lol. To top it off, the stat that you spouting off was also incorrect.

    I don't expect an apology from a coward but if I directly make accusations against someone that is incorrect because I did not do my due diligence, I will own up to them and apologize. But you're a person of no integrity so don't flatter yourself by saying how I have the nerve to expect an apology from a coward.

    I'll drop this since it does appear that the issue has run it's course but I'll leave one last solid statistic that will show that you have no idea what you was talking about to begin with.

    I'll leave it with one last stat that will show that you had no idea what you was talking about.

    Currently:
    Brandon Knight assist per 36 min - 4.86
    Will Bynum assist per 36 min - 7.35

    So yeah, you suck.

  15. #686
    The Bushido doctrine Homer Safari's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Columbus, oh
    Posts
    8,227
    Thanks
    2,282
    Thanked 5,194 Times in 2,286 Posts

    Default Re: The Andre Drummond Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by blue_kahuna View Post
    The problem is not the not the information that you gather but lack thereof. We had a chance to see Brandon Knight in a full season at UK and a full season as an NBA rookie and everyone will tell you, the kid is more of a SG in a PG body than a true PG. That is not even debatable. Then you chime in and used stats from 3 games and an interview to support your argument that Drummond would be better off on the floor with Knight than Will Bynum. Three whole fucking games lol. To top it off, the stat that you spouting off was also incorrect.

    I don't expect an apology from a coward but if I directly make accusations against someone that is incorrect because I did not do my due diligence, I will own up to them and apologize. But you're a person of no integrity so don't flatter yourself by saying how I have the nerve to expect an apology from a coward.

    I'll drop this since it does appear that the issue has run it's course but I'll leave one last solid statistic that will show that you have no idea what you was talking about to begin with.

    I'll leave it with one last stat that will show that you had no idea what you was talking about.

    Currently:
    Brandon Knight assist per 36 min - 4.86
    Will Bynum assist per 36 min - 7.35

    So yeah, you suck.
    Too bad will bynum wont ever see 36 minutes per game but Brandon is hovering there. You want open looks for Drummond. Brandon will get him those looks far more effectively and play much superior defense. The difference between the two distributing the ball is marging. just ask Jose Calderon.

    Onc e again the question isnt who fits your labels the best its who works best with drummond on the court. that answer was and still is Brandon Knight.

    Bynum isnt even a great passer. his assist percentage is under 30% and alot of those assist are bynum kicking the ball out not it. furthermore Bynum is having one of his worst years passing the ball lined up with drummond regardless.


    Once again. andre Drummond benefits much more sharing the court with Brandon Knight than Will Bynum.

  16. #687
    Blue Donkey Kong Champion Ocean Force Champion Cell Defense Champion Bird Saver Champion Jigsaw: Rocky Waters Champion Brave Old World Champion Jigsaw: Boats And Fire Hydrant Champion Jigsaw: Narrow Street Champion A Miko Tale Marionette: Another Tale Champion Balancing Mathai Champion Jigsaw: Red Toadstool Champion Jigsaw: Wood Formation Champion 4Blocks Champion CircusCircus Champion Jigsaw: Slate Mine Champion Spencer Hawes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    4,169
    Thanks
    2,988
    Thanked 1,809 Times in 748 Posts

    Default Re: The Andre Drummond Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Tornicade View Post
    Too bad will bynum wont ever see 36 minutes per game but Brandon is hovering there. You want open looks for Drummond. Brandon will get him those looks far more effectively and play much superior defense. The difference between the two distributing the ball is marging. just ask Jose Calderon.

    Onc e again the question isnt who fits your labels the best its who works best with drummond on the court. that answer was and still is Brandon Knight.

    Bynum isnt even a great passer. his assist percentage is under 30% and alot of those assist are bynum kicking the ball out not it. furthermore Bynum is having one of his worst years passing the ball lined up with drummond regardless.


    Once again. andre Drummond benefits much more sharing the court with Brandon Knight than Will Bynum.
    So now you're just left with an opinion when the stats slap you in the face. You brought stats into the discussion to back up your theory. It was proven incorrect since you used a 3 game sample size lol. Next time, when entering into a debate, get your facts straight, the names correct, and use a bigger sample size otherwise, you look like an idiot in the end.

  17. #688
    The Bushido doctrine Homer Safari's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Columbus, oh
    Posts
    8,227
    Thanks
    2,282
    Thanked 5,194 Times in 2,286 Posts

    Default Re: The Andre Drummond Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by blue_kahuna View Post
    So now you're just left with an opinion when the stats slap you in the face. You brought stats into the discussion to back up your theory. It was proven incorrect since you used a 3 game sample size lol. Next time, when entering into a debate, get your facts straight, the names correct, and use a bigger sample size otherwise, you look like an idiot in the end.
    I used a three games sample because the discussion was involving the preseason specifically in that context. Knight was passing the ball around more during the preseason than bynum and it meant drummond would get more looks. overall though Knight has a better impact on drummond on the court regardless.

    Also the stats regarding the assist percentage were not intended to prove anything but that Knight was passing the ball more and it was his focus in the preseason. Im still not sure why you are fixated on this. The stats show Drummond lineups with Knight being more effective.

    I use the stats correctly and in the right context and I still havent seen anything to show or demonstrate that Drummond was impacted in a positive fashion whether Drummond was on the court with Knight, Stuckey or Bynum.

    speaking of stats. Bynums production has improved considerably since drummonds injury.


    my 3 games stats were intended to show that Knight was indeed working on distributing the ball and functioning as a facilitator during the preseason. so therefore they were not proven wrong in the context they were provided.

    you really need to lets this go. my facts are straight.

    All you have done is shown that Knight went back to being aggresive offensivley once the season started and I already acknowledged this.


    3 game sample shows that Knight was working on his facillittating. the stats showed instant in game improvement on that department even for a tsmall sample. preseason has its value and merit for discussions. perhaps next time you should structure your debates in other ways besides attacking someones character, integrity and reputation to try to win a silly argument.

  18. #689
    Hustling on the inside wuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Richfield Coliseum
    Posts
    14,919
    Thanks
    11,118
    Thanked 24,094 Times in 5,330 Posts

    Default Re: The Andre Drummond Thread

    Drummond is back. And he's (finally) starting alongside Monroe.

  19. #690
    Team Player
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,018
    Thanks
    449
    Thanked 358 Times in 210 Posts

    Default Re: The Andre Drummond Thread

    I'll tell you what, if detroit can grab olidipo this year and tank next year for a harrison or parker this team will be fantastic.
    Drummond is the truth miss 2months and what does he do in his first game back 17point 4boards 8-10shooting in just 18minutes

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •