Page 8 of 40 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 594
  1. #106
    Hall of Famer AZ_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    15,581
    Thanks
    3,040
    Thanked 11,537 Times in 4,843 Posts

    Default Re: Who is the Browns' General Manager for the 2013 off-season?

    But he has a ring.

    So when he comes, Cleveland will have a ring.

    Don't you guys get it?
    Quote Originally Posted by CavsFanLA View Post
    a skill that probably fits well in the world of PR where you want to listen tothe opinion of someone who thinks they know more than you

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to AZ_ For This Useful Post:


  3. #107
    Or Also Schtick Little Seizer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    29,248
    Thanks
    24,674
    Thanked 28,829 Times in 9,211 Posts

    Default Re: Who is the Browns' General Manager for the 2013 off-season?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Optomist View Post
    Sorry, but the only thing that matters at the end of the day is a ring.
    The other thing that I'd say matters is drafting elite talent at multiple positions as well as hitting on mid-round picks to build depth. Also, proof of ability to do so during today's age of football.

    If the only thing that mattered at the end of the day was a ring, then Mike Miller would matter more than Charles Barkley, John Stockton and Karl Malone. Trent Dilfer would also matter more than Dan Marino. Jerrell Jernigan would matter more than Larry Fitzgerald. And let's not forget how much more Erik Spoelstra would matter than Jerry Sloan.
    Last edited by Little Seizer; 11-02-2012 at 10:42 AM.
    Taking up to 10 $10 bets LeBron does not return to Cleveland on his next contract. If you think he is, bet me $10.

    Proceeds will go to a charity or cause that we agree upon.

    Bettors:
    DougHeil, shoes22, warddj86, jonzee330, bushwick_bill, gourimoko

  4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Little Seizer For This Useful Post:


  5. #108
    Veteran elcheato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    5,627
    Thanks
    1,430
    Thanked 2,296 Times in 968 Posts

    Default Re: Who is the Browns' General Manager for the 2013 off-season?

    If anything it's a bit disappointing that Polian only has one ring since he was blessed with having one of the best QBs of all time on his roster for over a decade.

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elcheato For This Useful Post:


  7. #109
    Hall of Famer AZ_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    15,581
    Thanks
    3,040
    Thanked 11,537 Times in 4,843 Posts

    Default Re: Who is the Browns' General Manager for the 2013 off-season?

    Quote Originally Posted by elcheato View Post
    If anything it's a bit disappointing that Polian only has one ring since he was blessed with having one of the best QBs of all time on his roster for over a decade.
    To say nothing of his Bills' days.
    Quote Originally Posted by CavsFanLA View Post
    a skill that probably fits well in the world of PR where you want to listen tothe opinion of someone who thinks they know more than you

  8. #110
    Best in the World The Voice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Avon
    Posts
    12,046
    Thanks
    481
    Thanked 1,923 Times in 1,089 Posts

    Default Re: Who is the Browns' General Manager for the 2013 off-season?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jigo_oi View Post
    The other thing that I'd say matters is drafting elite talent at multiple positions as well as hitting on mid-round picks to build depth. Also, proof of ability to do so during today's age of football.

    If the only thing that mattered at the end of the day was a ring, then Mike Miller would matter more than Charles Barkley, John Stockton and Karl Malone. Trent Dilfer would also matter more than Dan Marino. Jerrell Jernigan would matter more than Larry Fitzgerald. And let's not forget how much more Erik Spoelstra would matter than Jerry Sloan.
    I think we all can agree Polian has an impressive legacy, so these comparisons are beyond ridiculous. Polian isn't the Mike Miller, Erik Spoelstra, or Trent Dilfer of GM's. He's more like the Kobe Bryant of GM's.

    As of 2011:
    His teams have appeared in 8 conference title games and 5 Super Bowls in 22 years. His teams have won the division in more than half of the seasons he was GM. His teams have had 5 losing seasons in 22 years. Most of those (4) were in the first two years of his tenure as GM as he rebuilt whole rosters. With Polian as GM, your team is more likely to play for a spot in the Super Bowl than it is to finish below .500
    OU... OH YEAH!!!!

    9/13
    Quote Originally Posted by Pip
    Sanchize and the boys start their reign of dominance tonight...
    Someone has a CHIP on his shoulder (you know who you are)

  9. #111
    Cleveland Sports Homer DDJ7777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Posts
    4,718
    Thanks
    6,309
    Thanked 2,909 Times in 1,086 Posts

    Default Re: Who is the Browns' General Manager for the 2013 off-season?

    Quote Originally Posted by JMcCurry08 View Post
    Why did Polian get rid of Faulk? Edgerinn was good but Manning, Harrison, Wayne, and Faulk could have been a lethal offense
    Wiki says:

    Faulk was traded to the St. Louis Rams the following season due to problems he referred to as "misunderstandings." Faulk had missed practices and was considered holding out for a new contract. Colts president Bill Polian did not want his young team's chemistry damaged, so he traded Faulk for second- and fifth-round picks in the upcoming draft (used to draft LB Mike Peterson and DE Brad Scioli)

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to DDJ7777 For This Useful Post:


  11. #112
    Hall of Famer AZ_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    15,581
    Thanks
    3,040
    Thanked 11,537 Times in 4,843 Posts

    Default Re: Who is the Browns' General Manager for the 2013 off-season?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Optomist View Post
    I think we all can agree Polian has an impressive legacy, so these comparisons are beyond ridiculous. Polian isn't the Mike Miller, Erik Spoelstra, or Trent Dilfer of GM's. He's more like the Kobe Bryant of GM's.

    As of 2011:
    Minus the multiple rings...I assume

    Seriously though, he's old and well out of touch.

    Heck of a GM in his day though.
    Quote Originally Posted by CavsFanLA View Post
    a skill that probably fits well in the world of PR where you want to listen tothe opinion of someone who thinks they know more than you

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to AZ_ For This Useful Post:


  13. #113
    Catch the wave Gary Barnidge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Soviet Russia
    Posts
    10,741
    Thanks
    3,924
    Thanked 8,523 Times in 3,394 Posts

    Default Re: Who is the Browns' General Manager for the 2013 off-season?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Optomist View Post
    I think we all can agree Polian has an impressive legacy, so these comparisons are beyond ridiculous. Polian isn't the Mike Miller, Erik Spoelstra, or Trent Dilfer of GM's. He's more like the Kobe Bryant of GM's.

    As of 2011:
    Jesus Christ when are you going to get this? Nobody is saying that Polian wasn't good, once. Now he's old and over the hill. He hasn't drafted well in years and most of his recent success is due to having a hall of fame QB on his team. If anything having only one title with Peyton Manning leading the charge says a whole lot more than that one ring does.

    At this point Polian is closer to fat Shaq who can't stay healthy and is about to retire in a few months.
    Ass pennies

  14. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Gary Barnidge For This Useful Post:


  15. #114
    Or Also Schtick Little Seizer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    29,248
    Thanks
    24,674
    Thanked 28,829 Times in 9,211 Posts

    Default Re: Who is the Browns' General Manager for the 2013 off-season?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Optomist View Post
    I think we all can agree Polian has an impressive legacy, so these comparisons are beyond ridiculous. Polian isn't the Mike Miller, Erik Spoelstra, or Trent Dilfer of GM's. He's more like the Kobe Bryant of GM's.

    As of 2011:
    Ridiculous or not, those comparisons were crafted using your words not mine.

    Fat Shaq.
    Taking up to 10 $10 bets LeBron does not return to Cleveland on his next contract. If you think he is, bet me $10.

    Proceeds will go to a charity or cause that we agree upon.

    Bettors:
    DougHeil, shoes22, warddj86, jonzee330, bushwick_bill, gourimoko

  16. #115
    Formerly known as Talm Malt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Piqua, OH
    Posts
    2,032
    Thanks
    4,883
    Thanked 1,892 Times in 673 Posts

    Default Re: Who is the Browns' General Manager for the 2013 off-season?

    If Haslam fires Heckert and brings in Lombardi, I don't know if I can keep pouring my money and care into the team. Not a big Polian fan either, but if it comes down to Polian or Lombardi, it better be Polian. He's 1000x a better option than Lombardi.

    It would be very Browns-like to see our terrible owner sell right when he finally fielded a capable GM and capable roster, only to blow it up and bring in washed up has-beens or a guy who never really was.
    I've been nothing but complementary of Weeden.
    -b00bie

  17. #116
    Catch the wave Gary Barnidge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Soviet Russia
    Posts
    10,741
    Thanks
    3,924
    Thanked 8,523 Times in 3,394 Posts

    Default Re: Who is the Browns' General Manager for the 2013 off-season?

    Quote Originally Posted by Malt View Post
    If Haslam fires Heckert and brings in Lombardi, I don't know if I can keep pouring my money and care into the team. Not a big Polian fan either, but if it comes down to Polian or Lombardi, it better be Polian. He's 1000x a better option than Lombardi.

    It would be very Browns-like to see our terrible owner sell right when he finally fielded a capable GM and capable roster, only to blow it up and bring in washed up has-beens or a guy who never really was.
    Before Optometrist comes in and says he has another Polian supporter on his side, I'd just like to point out that I would be a 1000x better option than Lombardi.
    Ass pennies

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Gary Barnidge For This Useful Post:


  19. #117
    Formerly known as Talm Malt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Piqua, OH
    Posts
    2,032
    Thanks
    4,883
    Thanked 1,892 Times in 673 Posts

    Default Re: Who is the Browns' General Manager for the 2013 off-season?

    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Shakalu View Post
    Before Optometrist comes in and says he has another Polian supporter on his side, I'd just like to point out that I would be a 1000x better option than Lombardi.
    If I'm the closest thing the Optomist has as a Polian supporter, then he's on an island all alone. I don't think Polian would be a trainwreck, but I do think he'd be a step down from Heckert, and that would be moving this franchise in the wrong direction. But I'd be willing to give him a couple drafts to prove he still has it. I don't think Lombardi deserves even that.
    I've been nothing but complementary of Weeden.
    -b00bie

  20. #118
    Situational Stopper DCunleaded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    458
    Thanks
    875
    Thanked 532 Times in 190 Posts

    Default Re: Who is the Browns' General Manager for the 2013 off-season?

    I think if Haslam wanted Polian on board, then he would make him President/CEO and not GM; however, he already has Banner on board, working in that capacity. I still think that Heckert is doing a very good job rebuilding this team, and acquiring young talent. To end up with your "Triplets" in one off-season is pretty fantastic.

    Not that I matter much, but the only way I'll really be OK with letting Heckert go, is if we end up with a top-tier GM. I can also see Heckert just opting out if he no longer has final say on personnel, which seems more plausible.

  21. #119
    Best in the World The Voice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Avon
    Posts
    12,046
    Thanks
    481
    Thanked 1,923 Times in 1,089 Posts

    Default Re: Who is the Browns' General Manager for the 2013 off-season?

    Take it for what it's worth, but 92.3 was running a rumor that Mike Lombardi is going to be the next GM of the Browns today before the game.
    OU... OH YEAH!!!!

    9/13
    Quote Originally Posted by Pip
    Sanchize and the boys start their reign of dominance tonight...
    Someone has a CHIP on his shoulder (you know who you are)

  22. #120
    gooby pls Marcus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Cleveland/Columbus
    Posts
    6,474
    Thanks
    4,274
    Thanked 2,680 Times in 1,002 Posts

    Default Re: Who is the Browns' General Manager for the 2013 off-season?

    If it's anybody other than Tom Heckert then this franchise is in trouble.

  23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Marcus For This Useful Post:


Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •