Page 14 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Default Re: Who is the Browns' General Manager for the 2013 off-season?

Unbelievable... SOOOO typical of the Cleveland Browns... The team seems to have ostensibly established a nucleus of young players, so what happens? We bring in a power-hungry executive in Joe Banner, who is primarily known as a cap guru, to bring in a universally disliked and incompetent hack (Lombardi) to be his puppet on personnel decisions. Does anyone with a pulse actually believe that Lombardi is a better talent evaluator than Tom Heckert? Who is one of this team's most promising players? Josh Gordon. What does our new GM/Director of Football Operations/Bill Simmons' rectal ranger think of him? A "disaster." Oh, and the latest word is that Lombardi would be advocating for bringing in Josh McDaniels as the Head Coach. You know, the same McDaniels who thought Tim Tebow was an NFL QB, parted ways with Jay Cutler and Brandon Marshall, and was loathed by his team and the entire Bronco fan base when his ass was sacked after only a year and a half on the job. Unbelievable...

Stylin' and Profilin' Juice Is Loose's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,915 Times in 637 Posts

Josh McDaniels? What? Where are you hearing this?
    “Take your comebacks, write them down on a sheet of paper. Roll it up tight, soak it in water, freeze it overnight, then jam it up your ass.”

Thanks
    Thanked 13,590 Times in 5,403 Posts

Good God if I have to read one more unsubstantiated rumor like Josh McDaniels I might just snap...
    Manziel's reps also insist it's a hoax -- and he's never made a penis video on "It's a Small World" or any other Disney ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by CavsFanLA View Post
    a skill that probably fits well in the world of PR where you want to listen tothe opinion of someone who thinks they know more than you

Thanks
    Thanked 1,652 Times in 682 Posts

Alright Jimmy, here's your first test.

The fanbase is pissed even after 2 straight wins because Lombardi's name keeps popping up. Squash this bug NOW.
    Klaatu Barada Nikto

Thanks
    Thanked 30,670 Times in 9,775 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by I-77 NORTH View Post
    IS there a way that we can some how get everyone that supports the idea of keeping Heckert here - chip in to lease a billboard somewhere near the Browns practice facility, or the Stadium stating to keep Heckert here?

I'm dead ass serious. I'll definitely chip in. It's worth a shot, also worth more to keep a guy like Heckert here rather than waste another 3 years hoping our next GM takes us to the next level.
    Signs requesting/demanding/showing confidence that a Cleveland sports figure will do something is a bad idea at this point...
    Thanks everyone for the LeBron bets. All debts are paid on your behalves. I was happy to lose.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Oi For This Useful Post:

Thanks

http://cleveland.cbslocal.com/2012/1...-front-office/

Lombardi makes it seem like it's not true... "I'm at my house here in Delaware and I plan to be here for a long time"

Cavs fan from S. Carolina selby56's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IO_OGIJ View Post
    Signs requesting/demanding/showing confidence that a Cleveland sports figure will do something is a bad idea at this point...
    I was just about to say that. There are probably plenty of people that regret pumping money into the "Pay Josh Cribbs" campaign with billboards/t-shirts etc. Not even going to mention everything that was done for Lebron.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by selby56 View Post
    Not relevant to the Lombardi discussion, but Gabbert, Newton, and Bowers were in the 2011 draft. Joe Haden was the only player mentioned in this post that was in the 2010 draft.

Good catch man, sorry I was in the fucking zone bro IIRC in 2011 we did the Julio Jones trade, which I'm sure Lombardi was against at the time....

Thanks
    Thanked 4,860 Times in 2,075 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DanRosenberg View Post
    Why does everyone have a poor view of Grossi? I see no problem with him
    A lot of malcontent with Grossi stems from two recent and main points. 1) His comments about Randy Lerner when he owned the team. As a beat writer, you have a responsibility to be objective at all times. Grossi really showed his hand a lot at the PD and it seemed very vicious and negative on many things Browns related. Not necessarily unwarranted, but don't push that to your readers; tell us what you think needs to happen, don't re-hash over the negatives that are over. 2) While at the PD, he was very demeaning and snippy with fans. It is almost like he got this feeling of entitlement where any question of his view of the Browns was insulting.

With that said, I think that Grossi wasn't in his right forum at the PD anymore. Since he moved to ESPNCleveland, I've noticed a comfort and almost gleeful personality resonating from him. He's a lot more palatable, in my opinion, and isn't bound by the objectivity that surrounds the PD writers. He still is snarky on Twitter at times, but not like before. Before, I sent an e-mail to the PD to tell them that I thought Grossi had gone stale and has become too emotionally invested in the Browns to be able to be objective. Now, I see a much lighter side of him showing.

Cavaliers | Browns | Indians | Buckeyes | Red Hawks

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Soda For This Useful Post:

Cavs fan from S. Carolina selby56's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DCunleaded View Post
    Good catch man, sorry I was in the fucking zone bro IIRC in 2011 we did the Julio Jones trade, which I'm sure Lombardi was against at the time....
    All good, haha. And yeah, we had the Julio Jones trade in 2011. So if Lombardi wanted us to get Bowers 6th overall, imagine what he was thinking when we traded up for Phil Taylor while Bowers kept falling. Not to mention the fact we also drafted Sheard in the 2nd round while Bowers was still on the board.

Thanks

Bill Simmons had Lombardi on the BS Report earlier this week. Mike had a lot of favorable things to say about the Browns, even complimented the coaching staff. Bill even went on to say that if he were the Rams he would have taken the Browns trade package for the right to draft RGIII, just because of the history of ineptitude. Implying that the future picks would be higher, he then asked what Lombardi thought. Mike just laughed it off and changed the subject. I'm probably reading too much into it but just thought it was funny/interesting given the rumors that are out there. Lombardi does seem to be in get back in NFL mode though, didn't say anything really damning about any teams during the entire podcast.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rap Soda View Post
    A lot of malcontent with Grossi stems from two recent and main points. 1) His comments about Randy Lerner when he owned the team. As a beat writer, you have a responsibility to be objective at all times. Grossi really showed his hand a lot at the PD and it seemed very vicious and negative on many things Browns related. Not necessarily unwarranted, but don't push that to your readers; tell us what you think needs to happen, don't re-hash over the negatives that are over. 2) While at the PD, he was very demeaning and snippy with fans. It is almost like he got this feeling of entitlement where any question of his view of the Browns was insulting.

With that said, I think that Grossi wasn't in his right forum at the PD anymore. Since he moved to ESPNCleveland, I've noticed a comfort and almost gleeful personality resonating from him. He's a lot more palatable, in my opinion, and isn't bound by the objectivity that surrounds the PD writers. He still is snarky on Twitter at times, but not like before. Before, I sent an e-mail to the PD to tell them that I thought Grossi had gone stale and has become too emotionally invested in the Browns to be able to be objective. Now, I see a much lighter side of him showing.
    Understood. I only recently started reading his articles/following him on twitter/listening to him on Munch and Really Big Show this season, so I can't comment on his past. As far as my limited experience with him, I feel like he does a good job.

Cleveland Cavaliers Fan Phills14's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,571 Times in 1,927 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rap Soda View Post

Maybe it's not his role anymore as the writer for ESPN but he's totally biased on the Lombardi situation. He has a point on Lombardi's track record but the way he delivers his points makes it sound significantly personal against Lombardi.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,274 Times in 599 Posts

That's because Grossi thinks hes smarter than everyone else in the football world.
    "I'd rather fight somebody else on the other team than one of my teammates," Waiters said after practice. "That's the way it is. That's the way I was brought up. I feel as though we say we're family, then we're a family and I'm going to look out for you to the best of my abilities. All the other stuff is foolishness." - Dion Waiters

Thanks

Grossi For GM !!!! I know one Man in Cleveland who will be happy.

ADDED: That one man is Grossi.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to brownindian For This Useful Post: