Page 16 of 40 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,527 Times in 3,396 Posts

Default Re: Who is the Browns' General Manager for the 2013 off-season?

I hope Banner can put his ego aside and realize that getting rid of Heckert would do nothing but hurt this team. I don't think it happens though. It's sad to think that a GM will be fired after a draft where really the only picks he didn't hit on haven't had a chance to play. Trent, Weeden (to an extent, has shown flashes), Schwartz, Gordon, Hughes, Winn, JMJ, and I'm sure I'm forgetting some. I mean that's a Hell of a draft.
    Ass pennies

Thanks
    Thanked 1,923 Times in 1,089 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Coc Rhakalu View Post
    I hope Banner can put his ego aside and realize that getting rid of Heckert would do nothing but hurt this team. I don't think it happens though. It's sad to think that a GM will be fired after a draft where really the only picks he didn't hit on haven't had a chance to play. Trent, Weeden (to an extent, has shown flashes), Schwartz, Gordon, Hughes, Winn, JMJ, and I'm sure I'm forgetting some. I mean that's a Hell of a draft.
    Not to take away what Heckert has done, but technically Gordon counts as next years pick. If he leaves, another team is going to take him. Carolina is looking for a GM.

I don't think Banner has the final say on GM, it's Haslam. Haslam is the guy that needs to step up and say keep Heckert if Banner isn't on board.
    OU... OH YEAH!!!!

9/13
    Quote Originally Posted by Pip
    Sanchize and the boys start their reign of dominance tonight...
    Someone has a CHIP on his shoulder (you know who you are)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,491 Times in 1,669 Posts

The question you need to ask yourself is what has Tom Heckert brought to this team?

- The first semblance of multiple off-seasons that actually correlate to ONE plan.
    - The most talent in any individual draft since 1999.
    - The largest amount of promising young talent we've seen on this team since the 80's.
    - The youngest or 2nd youngest team in the entire NFL.

If Tom Heckert is let go does he last an entire year without becoming part of another NFL organization? How much knowledge does Michael Lombardi have of the current Brown's roster? Is his drafting record comparable or better than Tom Heckert's? Why isn't Michael Lombardi currently employed by an NFL team?

It's pretty clear, Tom Heckert is building a winner here and Michael Lombardi is tied to some of the worst draft classes I've ever seen.
    Official John Hughes Bandwagon!!!

Moving to Paris, to shoot some heroin and fuck with the stars
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,465 Times in 594 Posts

Deleted
    Last edited by MGMT; 12-07-2012 at 10:10 PM.

Thanks

It would be great to have a better draft pick and lose the rest of the games, but I want to win out just so that there's a better chance to keep Heckert.

It's not like past years where a lot of times the game was over by the 2nd qtr, we have been in every game besides the Giants game. If the team made 1 or 2 plays in almost every game then we could be in the lead for the wildcard. I feel like if this young team grew together and got some more experience then we will make those plays that could have us the new division leaders for a couple years.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewEra View Post
    It would be great to have a better draft pick and lose the rest of the games, but I want to win out just so that there's a better chance to keep Heckert.

It's not like past years where a lot of times the game was over by the 2nd qtr, we have been in every game besides the Giants game. If the team made 1 or 2 plays in almost every game then we could be in the lead for the wildcard. I feel like if this young team grew together and got some more experience then we will make those plays that could have us the new division leaders for a couple years.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MGMT For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Also argee to try and win as many games as possible right now, its crucial for these young guys to get used to what its like to win....Also the top of the draft class this year dosent impress me theres no Luck or Griffin who id throw games for..

Thanks
    Thanked 4,293 Times in 1,822 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cdt View Post
    The question you need to ask yourself is what has Tom Heckert brought to this team?

- The first semblance of multiple off-seasons that actually correlate to ONE plan.
    - The most talent in any individual draft since 1999.
    - The largest amount of promising young talent we've seen on this team since the 80's.
    - The youngest or 2nd youngest team in the entire NFL.

If Tom Heckert is let go does he last an entire year without becoming part of another NFL organization? How much knowledge does Michael Lombardi have of the current Brown's roster? Is his drafting record comparable or better than Tom Heckert's? Why isn't Michael Lombardi currently employed by an NFL team?

It's pretty clear, Tom Heckert is building a winner here and Michael Lombardi is tied to some of the worst draft classes I've ever seen.
    Dead. On.

I can't believe that two seasons ago the Browns were trotting out Eric Barton, Willie Mcginest, David Bowens, etc. thank you, Heckert.

Cavaliers | Browns | Indians | Buckeyes | Red Hawks

The Original HN3108 bigfoot5415's Avatar
    Thanks

For laughs heres 08.

Then heres the 09 draft, then 10-12 which is Heckerts body of work. Most players who are non rookies have contributed for some period of time. Although mccoy didnt pan out he was a nice stop gap.

The man deserves more time. He filled our empty roster. We have maybe 7 or 8 players pre Heckert players. Hell the last two years have been phenomenal and that didn't include Gordon.
    Wiggins Watch 2014

11. The Following User Says Thank You to bigfoot5415 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I actually thought Rucker had some potential, lol. And Jesus after Mack in 09 did Mangini bomb. Mass has been mediocre I guess this season for the little time he has seen.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,079 Times in 3,552 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MGMT View Post
    I actually thought Rucker had some potential, lol. And Jesus after Mack in 09 did Mangini bomb. Mass has been mediocre I guess this season for the little time he has seen.
    Maiava's been pretty solid as well, but not much besides those 2/3.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,929 Times in 1,491 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Optomist View Post
    Not to take away what Heckert has done, but technically Gordon counts as next years pick. If he leaves, another team is going to take him. Carolina is looking for a GM.

I don't think Banner has the final say on GM, it's Haslam. Haslam is the guy that needs to step up and say keep Heckert if Banner isn't on board.
    This is technically the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Gordon was drafted in the 2012 draft. He played for the 2012 season. Therefore he counts as a pick in the 2012 draft class. Add a supplemental before draft if you wish.

Following your logic, Weeden counts as a 2011 pick, because we gained that asset from the 2011 first round pick we traded.

Or another counter argument, lets say we traded that 2013 2nd round pick for a 2012 2nd round pick. Would that player technically count as our 2013 pick? No.

Thanks

That's what kills me about losing Heckert....

We used to go into a draft with the mentality "If we can just get 1 really good guy.." because we're so used to botching nearly every pick and in 3 years a draft class is completely wiped clean. When you can get contributors in rounds 4-7 routinely you're doing a hell of a job. Now I know we don't have any pro-bowlers from Heckert yet but that's mainly because our overall record is terrible. If we were 8-3 you'd see a slew of guys getting nods or alternates.

Not to mention the constant joke of "Whoever we pick is still going to be worse than whoever Pitt/Balt/NE drafts nearly a round later."

I can't deal with another guy throwing darts at a draft board and just completely whiffing round after round.

Thanks

The 2009 draft class deserves it's own thread. Holy santa claus shit, Mangini what the hell were you doing? Kokinis is banging secretaries in Berea and Mangini is just calling random numbers asking about players and we come away with that mess.

Basically gifted the Jets the 5th pick by taking deadweight 35 year old veterans off their team and NOT getting a 1st rounder. Trading back and back and back whiffing on Clay Matthews Jr about half a dozen times. Good lord what an awful draft. David Veikune? Fuck me sideways with a lunchbox. The dangerous tandem of Massaqoui and Robiskie at WR

We're lucky we didn't get retracted again after that draft. Jesus.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to cdt For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,213 Times in 569 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cdt View Post
    The 2009 draft class deserves it's own thread. Holy santa claus shit, Mangini what the hell were you doing? Kokinis is banging secretaries in Berea and Mangini is just calling random numbers asking about players and we come away with that mess.

Basically gifted the Jets the 5th pick by taking deadweight 35 year old veterans off their team and NOT getting a 1st rounder. Trading back and back and back whiffing on Clay Matthews Jr about half a dozen times. Good lord what an awful draft. David Veikune? Fuck me sideways with a lunchbox. The dangerous tandem of Massaqoui and Robiskie at WR

We're lucky we didn't get retracted again after that draft. Jesus.
    Lol we could have ended up with Matthews and Shady McCoy
    "I'd rather fight somebody else on the other team than one of my teammates," Waiters said after practice. "That's the way it is. That's the way I was brought up. I feel as though we say we're family, then we're a family and I'm going to look out for you to the best of my abilities. All the other stuff is foolishness." - Dion Waiters