Page 19 of 40 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 285 of 594
  1. #271
    Administrator MoFlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio, United States
    Posts
    11,247
    Thanks
    11,090
    Thanked 16,106 Times in 3,896 Posts

    Default Re: Who is the Browns' General Manager for the 2013 off-season?

    What has gone on with this football team since you guys took over?

    -"I deserve zero credit. The credit goes to the administration, the coaches, and the players. It's a young team, they're making good progress and getting better every week, and it's exciting to watch."

    Seeing progress and wins, what are your thoughts going forward for this franchise?

    -"I think we have the nucleus of a very good team. We just gotta continue to add good, young players. If we can have another good draft or 2, I think we can be competitive in our division, and the rest of the league."

    With the way you guys are ending the season, with the wins & improved play, how much does that alter things or determine things for this coaching staff?

    -"We've said all along that every year, we would sit down & evaluate everybody in the organization, including the coaches, and we'll do that this year for the 1st time."

    As you guys have won, have you felt the fans pick up on this?

    -"That is a tremendous football town and there's genuine excitement. We've now won 5 games on the year, but we've won 5 of our last 8. There's excitement building and hopefully we can get a win this week in our last home game."

    What's the most important thing for you guys to learn these last 3 games?

    -"The young players need to continue to improve, and obviously we need to assess how Brandon's progress is. He played well last week and hopefully he'll play well these last 3 weeks."

    Nothing earth shattering.
    Last edited by MoFlo; 12-14-2012 at 08:45 PM.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to MoFlo For This Useful Post:


  3. #272
    Catch the wave Yanni Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Gimpsuit
    Posts
    10,927
    Thanks
    4,128
    Thanked 8,761 Times in 3,476 Posts

    Default Re: Who is the Browns' General Manager for the 2013 off-season?

    I really hope Haslam just looks at his last 2 drafts and lists all of the starters/contributors he's managed to add in such a short period of time. I mean, how can you honestly justify getting rid of this guy with the way he's drafted?
    Ass pennies

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yanni Football For This Useful Post:


  5. #273
    Rising Star MGMT's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Moving to Paris, to shoot some heroin and fuck with the stars
    Posts
    2,174
    Thanks
    1,243
    Thanked 1,715 Times in 679 Posts

    Default Re: Who is the Browns' General Manager for the 2013 off-season?

    Edit: nevermind old news nothing we didn't know
    Last edited by MGMT; 12-14-2012 at 10:50 PM.

  6. #274
    Oh My God! cdt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    OH-IO
    Posts
    22,211
    Thanks
    1,366
    Thanked 6,035 Times in 1,746 Posts

    Default Re: Who is the Browns' General Manager for the 2013 off-season?

    If Joe Banner becomes GM and tries to stick his ass where it doesn't belong this team is going to crash and burn harder than it ever did with any of Randy's Regime's. Scary scary stuff right now if Haslam and Banner think they're going to play Sims: NFL Edition.
    Official John Hughes Bandwagon!!!

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdt For This Useful Post:


  8. #275
    All Star howler1313's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,226
    Thanks
    3,067
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 1,059 Posts

    Default Re: Who is the Browns' General Manager for the 2013 off-season?

    This is what'll frustrate me most if Heckert doesn't stay on: probably our two biggest holes right now are an RDE and a #2 corner. Heckert's track record drafting both positions is incredible, and I have no doubt that he'll be able to nail those needs in the next draft if he has the chance. Our defense could easily be elite next season if he stays. Not a Shurmur fan at all, but I'd gladly keep him on with Heckert instead of getting rid of both to get someone like Lombardi.

  9. #276
    Situational Stopper Nw220's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    404
    Thanks
    162
    Thanked 87 Times in 56 Posts

    Default Re: Who is the Browns' General Manager for the 2013 off-season?

    Agree totally we gotta keep Heckert on, i think he realizes he is almost a few defenders away from having one of the Best defenses in the leagues....Not to mention that almost all of them are young and signed long term,all that can mean is continually sucess...

  10. #277
    Catch the wave Yanni Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Gimpsuit
    Posts
    10,927
    Thanks
    4,128
    Thanked 8,761 Times in 3,476 Posts

    Default Re: Who is the Browns' General Manager for the 2013 off-season?

    If the price of keeping Heckert is keeping Shurmur as well, I'd gladly pay it. It's not often you can find a GM who can bring in just under 20 major contributors in three draft classes.

    Joe Haden
    T.J. Ward (get him a ball hawking FS and he will shine as one of the best SS in football. Phenomenal in run support).
    Montario Hardesty (has looked very solid this season)
    Colt McCoy (solid backup, Humgum made the pick)
    Shawn Lauvao (started shaky, has much improved)
    Phil Taylor
    Greg Little
    Jordan Cameron (has potential to be great, hasn't really started to realize it yet).
    Buster Skrine (whatever you think of him, he's great at covering small speedsters not the Boldins of the world).

    Then you have one of the best drafts I've ever seen from one team.
    Trent Richardson
    Brandon Weeden (has shown the potential to be a good NFL QB, still developing)
    Josh Gordon
    Mitchell Schwartz
    John Hughes
    Travis Benjamin
    James Michael-Johnson
    Billy Winn
    Craig Robertson
    Josh Cooper


    I bolded the guys who I think are, or eventually will be, studs.
    Ass pennies

  11. #278
    Team Player Goldin Brown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    1,300
    Thanks
    1,966
    Thanked 768 Times in 326 Posts

    Default Re: Who is the Browns' General Manager for the 2013 off-season?

    Anybody see this week's episode of NFL Road Tested? The followed the Browns to Dallas to play the Cowgirls. They showed a moment when Haslem ran into Gil Brandt on the sideline before the game and Gil was saying that he loved the young talent we have. Said we have 20 guys that he loves, Haslem was like, "really?" lol. He has to understand what he has in Heckert, he'd have to be an idiot to get rid of him.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Goldin Brown For This Useful Post:


  13. #279
    Best in the World The Voice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Avon
    Posts
    12,318
    Thanks
    520
    Thanked 2,082 Times in 1,151 Posts

    Default Re: Who is the Browns' General Manager for the 2013 off-season?

    Quote Originally Posted by Coc Rhakalu View Post
    If the price of keeping Heckert is keeping Shurmur as well, I'd gladly pay it. It's not often you can find a GM who can bring in just under 20 major contributors in three draft classes.

    Joe Haden
    T.J. Ward (get him a ball hawking FS and he will shine as one of the best SS in football. Phenomenal in run support).
    Montario Hardesty (has looked very solid this season)
    Colt McCoy (solid backup, Humgum made the pick)
    Shawn Lauvao (started shaky, has much improved)
    Phil Taylor
    Greg Little
    Jordan Cameron (has potential to be great, hasn't really started to realize it yet).
    Buster Skrine (whatever you think of him, he's great at covering small speedsters not the Boldins of the world).

    Then you have one of the best drafts I've ever seen from one team.
    Trent Richardson
    Brandon Weeden (has shown the potential to be a good NFL QB, still developing)
    Josh Gordon
    Mitchell Schwartz
    John Hughes
    Travis Benjamin
    James Michael-Johnson
    Billy Winn
    Craig Robertson
    Josh Cooper


    I bolded the guys who I think are, or eventually will be, studs.
    If you take Josh Cooper off that list, I'll agree.
    OU... OH YEAH!!!!

    9/13
    Quote Originally Posted by Pip
    Sanchize and the boys start their reign of dominance tonight...
    Someone has a CHIP on his shoulder (you know who you are)

  14. #280
    Situational Stopper DCunleaded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    489
    Thanks
    1,170
    Thanked 596 Times in 209 Posts

    Default Re: Who is the Browns' General Manager for the 2013 off-season?

    Blatant homerism aside, I think they're doing a really nice job with the Browns' Road Tested show so far. I loved the stuff with Bernie and the Iraq Veteran's family on episide one, the team making the school visit last week, and all the behind-the-scenes stuff too. It will be nice this week to see an episode after a win, for a change.

  15. #281
    Best in the World The Voice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Avon
    Posts
    12,318
    Thanks
    520
    Thanked 2,082 Times in 1,151 Posts

    Default Re: Who is the Browns' General Manager for the 2013 off-season?

    Quote Originally Posted by DCunleaded View Post
    Blatant homerism aside, I think they're doing a really nice job with the Browns' Road Tested show so far. I loved the stuff with Bernie and the Iraq Veteran's family on episide one, the team making the school visit last week, and all the behind-the-scenes stuff too. It will be nice this week to see an episode after a win, for a change.
    Loved the TJ Ward stuff at the beginning of the show. It was also cool to watch Dawson's family and how they took the loss.
    OU... OH YEAH!!!!

    9/13
    Quote Originally Posted by Pip
    Sanchize and the boys start their reign of dominance tonight...
    Someone has a CHIP on his shoulder (you know who you are)

  16. #282
    All Star
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Akron
    Posts
    4,022
    Thanks
    2,386
    Thanked 3,158 Times in 1,049 Posts

    Default Re: Who is the Browns' General Manager for the 2013 off-season?




    Good let him go ruin another

  17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JMcCurry08 For This Useful Post:


  18. #283
    Buckeye DanRosenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Columbus
    Posts
    135
    Thanks
    52
    Thanked 100 Times in 36 Posts

    Default Re: Who is the Browns' General Manager for the 2013 off-season?

    Between hearing weekly Lombardi interviews on ESPN's Colin Cowherd "The Herd" and a few other random interviews, Lombardi has been progressively moving from "No, I'm comfortable with my job here" to "I haven't talked to anyone, I plan on staying with NFL Network" to "I have not talked to anyone YET, all talks will be done in the offseason". Not good

  19. #284
    Rising Star Bob_The_Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,722
    Thanks
    110
    Thanked 1,314 Times in 543 Posts

    Default Re: Who is the Browns' General Manager for the 2013 off-season?

    Quote Originally Posted by Coc Rhakalu View Post
    If the price of keeping Heckert is keeping Shurmur as well, I'd gladly pay it. It's not often you can find a GM who can bring in just under 20 major contributors in three draft classes.

    Joe Haden
    T.J. Ward (get him a ball hawking FS and he will shine as one of the best SS in football. Phenomenal in run support).
    Montario Hardesty (has looked very solid this season)
    Colt McCoy (solid backup, Humgum made the pick)
    Shawn Lauvao (started shaky, has much improved)
    Phil Taylor
    Greg Little
    Jordan Cameron (has potential to be great, hasn't really started to realize it yet).
    Buster Skrine (whatever you think of him, he's great at covering small speedsters not the Boldins of the world).

    Then you have one of the best drafts I've ever seen from one team.
    Trent Richardson
    Brandon Weeden (has shown the potential to be a good NFL QB, still developing)
    Josh Gordon
    Mitchell Schwartz
    John Hughes
    Travis Benjamin
    James Michael-Johnson
    Billy Winn
    Craig Robertson
    Josh Cooper


    I bolded the guys who I think are, or eventually will be, studs.
    Also forgot Jabaal Sheard on the list somehow. I think he has the potential to be a double digit sack guy if we can get him some help on the right side. I don't necessarily think he'll ever be a #1, top notch pass rusher like a Michael Strahan or a Jared Allen, but he can be a great 2nd pass rusher. If he has a guy on the right side that will force the offense to alter their blocking schemes up a bit, then he's going to have way more opportunities. Rubin, Taylor, Hughes, and Winn all get a pretty good push up the middle, but there's not a lot of help on the right side.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Bob_The_Cat For This Useful Post:


  21. #285
    Champion of the Sun Day Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    112
    Thanks
    94
    Thanked 65 Times in 36 Posts

    Default Re: Who is the Browns' General Manager for the 2013 off-season?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_The_Cat View Post
    Also forgot Jabaal Sheard on the list somehow. I think he has the potential to be a double digit sack guy if we can get him some help on the right side. I don't necessarily think he'll ever be a #1, top notch pass rusher like a Michael Strahan or a Jared Allen, but he can be a great 2nd pass rusher. If he has a guy on the right side that will force the offense to alter their blocking schemes up a bit, then he's going to have way more opportunities. Rubin, Taylor, Hughes, and Winn all get a pretty good push up the middle, but there's not a lot of help on the right side.
    Sheard was literally being blocked by three Redskins today and it has always blown my mind that he gets so much crap from the fans.

    Lining up opposite of him, Parker has six sacks because he is never doubled-- just imagine if we draft Werner, Mingo or Montgomery to pair with him.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •