Page 23 of 40 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,514 Times in 5,380 Posts

Default Re: Who is the Browns' General Manager for the 2013 off-season?

Horrendous.

Really a shame, if true.
    Manziel's reps also insist it's a hoax -- and he's never made a penis video on "It's a Small World" or any other Disney ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by CavsFanLA View Post
    a skill that probably fits well in the world of PR where you want to listen tothe opinion of someone who thinks they know more than you

Thanks
    Thanked 4,841 Times in 2,063 Posts

This, to me, is an utter embarrassment for the City of Cleveland. These are two resumes that would not get through screening at other places in the league and Banner, with a slam of his gavel, has seemed to put Cleveland squarely within the cross-hairs of their services.

Cavaliers | Browns | Indians | Buckeyes | Red Hawks

Stylin' and Profilin' Juice Is Loose's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,915 Times in 637 Posts

I'm not buying any of that. No one truly knows what the hell is going on in Berea. But its Grossi and I stopped believing what he said along time ago.
    “Take your comebacks, write them down on a sheet of paper. Roll it up tight, soak it in water, freeze it overnight, then jam it up your ass.”

Stylin' and Profilin' Juice Is Loose's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,915 Times in 637 Posts

Now Grossi mentioned Tom Cable as a candidate. Are we gonna believe this as well?
    “Take your comebacks, write them down on a sheet of paper. Roll it up tight, soak it in water, freeze it overnight, then jam it up your ass.”

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Juicy View Post
    Now Grossi mentioned Tom Cable as a candidate. Are we gonna believe this as well?
    I'm not going to ignore it..

Look, you definitely have a point, but then what is the point of reading any media? It may be true, it may not be. I guess we'll see; however, Grossi has been covering the Browns for longer than I've been alive. Not a particular fan of him because of his personal jabs at the team and people in charge, but I would like to think that the most reputable Browns beat writer in a long era of writing and Hall of Fame voter has legitimate connections.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Soda For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 10,837 Times in 2,745 Posts

Haslam had me so excited when he bought the team.

If Heckert is fired for these hacks, Haslam has already lost me. Ridiculous. If it happens, it becomes clear as day that his end-of-season "evaluation" that he keeps mentioning is actually irrelevant, and he came in with personnel changes in mind regardless of the current regime's performance.

Infuriating.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrich91 View Post

If Heckert is fired for these hacks, Haslam has already lost me. Ridiculous. If it happens, it becomes clear as day that his end-of-season "evaluation" that he keeps mentioning is actually irrelevant, and he came in with personnel changes in mind regardless of the current regime's performance.

Infuriating.
    Yep.
    Manziel's reps also insist it's a hoax -- and he's never made a penis video on "It's a Small World" or any other Disney ride.
    a skill that probably fits well in the world of PR where you want to listen tothe opinion of someone who thinks they know more than you

Thanks
    Thanked 7,897 Times in 2,502 Posts

Bill Polian

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Quad View Post
    Bill Polian
    10 years ago.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,041 Times in 713 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrich91 View Post

Infuriating.
    He likely did. But you can't hire a new coach and GM mid-season, so what good would be served by firing them in October, when he took over? It makes sense to wait until the end of the season to make the changes. I've said this before, but while I'm not a huge fan of Lombardi, it remains to be seen how this team will approach and handle personnel decisions moving forward. Does Banner implicitly trust Lombardi on player evaluations, or will the scouting director have more say in the draft? Will Haslam be directly involved, or will he defer to the people he has hired? Is Lombardi filling a seat for a more competent coach, who would demand final say over the roster, or will Banner maintain final say on all personnel decisions?

There's way too many ifs right now, but it is possible Lombardi may be hired but not have a significant amount of control over player evaluations, rendering scenarios fans fear moot. I also have a feeling that Haslam will be more of a hands-on owner like a Jerry Jones, and will be directly involved and consulted on any significant moves this franchise makes. I really like Heckert, but debating whether or not he deserves his job is pointless. I don't think a realistic argument can be made that he has "failed" in his position, but it doesn't change the fact that a new owner is likely going to want to hire his own personnel. Let's see what this team looks like in October next year before drawing conclusions about leadership.

My current stance: Skeptical.
    I've been nothing but complementary of Weeden.
    -b00bie

Thanks

In response to the OP's question, its a bullshit question.

Nobody will be the GM of the Browns. The structure of the organization will be non-conventional and an attempt to streamline the front-office. The goal will be to reign in the new era of front offices in the NFL.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 1,059 Posts

Jesus Christ... Banner calling the shots with Lombardi and McDaniels? Might as well give up watching the Browns now and just save myself the frustration.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,274 Times in 599 Posts

If those 2 clowns are running the show, ahhh who am I kidding Ill still watch.
    "I'd rather fight somebody else on the other team than one of my teammates," Waiters said after practice. "That's the way it is. That's the way I was brought up. I feel as though we say we're family, then we're a family and I'm going to look out for you to the best of my abilities. All the other stuff is foolishness." - Dion Waiters

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FiveThous For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,653 Times in 2,570 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FiveThous View Post

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Huber. For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 1,059 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FiveThous View Post
    Yeah, I'm still gonna watch. If nothing else it gives us a ton to bitch about.