Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cancer

Thanks
    Thanked 6,412 Times in 2,463 Posts

Default Re: Cancer

Narl, sorry to hear about your mom. Seems like it's really going around right now. It seems like I know so many people going through this right now.
    I got a lion in my pocket,
    And baby he's ready 2 roar.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Purple Vein For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,570 Times in 2,721 Posts

shit dude, I never knew your story, I was worried it was more severe. Good to hear its not.

Carl's really not doing well. He's always been a confident, positive person who never let anything get to him. He just looks defeated, wants out. Hes lost so much weight. Stage 4 colon cancer, 10-15% survival rate. I've never dealt with death before and I'm naturally inclined to stay away because it freaks me out but he doesn't really have anyone else. And if he goes, I'm not going to let him go out alone without anyone really talking to him. Just difficult.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to David. For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,248 Times in 2,480 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_K View Post
    shit dude, I never knew your story, I was worried it was more severe. Good to hear its not.

Carl's really not doing well. He's always been a confident, positive person who never let anything get to him. He just looks defeated, wants out. Hes lost so much weight. Stage 4 colon cancer, 10-15% survival rate. I've never dealt with death before and I'm naturally inclined to stay away because it freaks me out but he doesn't really have anyone else. And if he goes, I'm not going to let him go out alone without anyone really talking to him. Just difficult.
    You'll hate yourself if you don't man the fuck up and take care of your own. Trust me.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Damage For This Useful Post:

Team Player
    Thanks

A couple years ago I went into the hospital with some chest pains.

ran me through a couple scans..Found nothing wrong there, but saw some lumps in my thyroid area...

ER guy comes back in and says "we picked up some spots in your throat area that look like they could be cancer, But saw nothing in the chest, so he was guessing a bruised rib or something" Gives me some higher dosage Tylenol or some crap Like that...and has me set up an appointment to get some tests done...Longest week of my life.

Long story short...Chest pains still happen occasionally to this day when I laugh hard, Lift something a little to heavy or turn too quickly..It literally feels like the area around my Heart is cramping...and the scans came back with just an enlarged Thyroid, and the person who ran that scan was amazed that they thought I had a cancerous region.

So That ER DR is one of my least favorite people in this world.

My dad has been dealing with Bladder Cancer this year though.
    He just got a clean result back so he gets to go a whole 6 months before they jamb anything else up his Pee Hole.
    If we call an older woman chasing after a younger boy a "Cougar"....... Is it safe to say that we can call an old man chasing after a younger boy a "Nittany Lion"???

Thanks

Carls going to the hospital. So not well. Stomach is bulging, hes a skeleton, cant stop coughing. Hes been in a motel for awhile now. Wants me to sell his van so he can pay for a ticket to thailand to get some procedure done. blaaa

Thanks
    Thanked 8,528 Times in 3,396 Posts

Carls going to the hospital. So not well. Stomach is bulging, hes a skeleton, cant stop coughing. Hes been in a motel for awhile now. Wants me to sell his van so he can pay for a ticket to thailand to get some procedure done. blaaa
    I'm guessing he wants to go to Thailand because whatever this procedure is isn't approved in the US?
    Ass pennies

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Gary Barnidge For This Useful Post:

Thanks

his procedure won't be surgery, straight from his mouth. Alternative medicine. I dont understand what hes saying really. But im pretty sure that stage 4 colon cancer is inoperable regardless of country

Thanks

he just wants a hot lady boy before he goes

Thanks

thats the most common response when I tell people what's happening. He doesnt have to fly to Thailand for that, I've got connects.

Thanks

thats the most common response when I tell people what's happening. He doesnt have to fly to Thailand for that, I've got a dress.
    fixed

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Purple Vein For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Carl passed away. I knew it was coming, he was not well when I picked up his van and I didn't see him improving. Im kind of relieved in a way; he had a really tough year and consistently got worse. His family is all over the country, I dont know how to get in contact with them or if the hospital has or how this works, I've never been through this
    Last edited by David.; 11-15-2012 at 10:54 AM.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to David. For This Useful Post:

I need your wifes number
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,859 Times in 607 Posts

Carl passed. I knew it was coming, he was not well when I picked up his van and I didn't see him improving. Im kind of relieved in a way; he had a really tough year and consistently got worse. His family is all over the country, I dont know how to get in contact with them or if the hospital has or how this works, I've never been through this
    Dave I'm so sorry. Who was Carl in relation to you? My thoughts are with you man.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to cavman For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks dude.

Iworked with him for a few years,was friends with him a few after that. embarked on many entrepreneurial ventures together etc. I think I was one of the only people to know he was sick, going to be a lot of awful conversations had today.
    Last edited by David.; 11-15-2012 at 11:05 AM.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to David. For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I just want to say that this thread is really scaring me. The reason is that I have just discovered some kind of small knots in my neck area and dont know what they are. Probably nothing but still ...

Thanks
    Thanked 3,209 Times in 1,450 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by germancav View Post
    I just want to say that this thread is really scaring me. The reason is that I have just discovered some kind of small knots in my neck area and dont know what they are. Probably nothing but still ...
    Had a friend who found a small knot in her neck, she went to the doctor; had it removed and tested. Turned out to be cancer. She went through Chemo and is now cancer free. She wasn't even 25 at the time.

Not to scare you, but it's better to know, rather than assume and worry.

Dave, I'm very sorry for your loss. But I'm glad you seemed to stick by him. As you mentioned you were one of the only ones who knew about his condition.
    Be excellent to each other.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Nicky For This Useful Post: