View Poll Results: Multiple Choice: How much would you trade for Kevin Love?

Voters
616. You may not vote on this poll
  • Waiters, Thompson and a Pick

150 24.35%
  • Waiters, Bennett and a Pick

138 22.40%
  • Waiters, Thompson and Multiple Picks

150 24.35%
  • Waiters, Bennett and Multiple Picks

165 26.79%
  • Thompson, Bennett and Multiple Picks

80 12.99%
  • Wiggins, 1 of the above players, and a Pick (wouldn't work until 30-days after Wiggins signed)

34 5.52%
  • Wiggins, 2 of the above players and a pick

4 0.65%
  • Wiggins, and whatever players/picks it takes

12 1.95%
  • Revisit trade options for Love later in the season

192 31.17%
  • Not interested in trading for Love this year.

65 10.55%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 528 FirstFirst ... 234561454104504 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Default Re: Kevin Love

Love: "Wait, instead of Minnesota, I get to move to Cleveland?!?!"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BuddyCowley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,299 Times in 2,014 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Triumph36 View Post
    If you are projecting 2 years from now, the package is even worse. Lamb? PJ3? They are cemented to the bench and with the rest of OKC's roster, that is unlikely to change in the upcoming 2 years. They won't be worth much, if anything. With the protection on the Raptors pick plus it being a weaker draft, there is a very realistic chance that pick turns into a role player. Hell, even Ibaka wouldn't be that appealing because his contract is up one year after Love's, so why would he then decide to stay?
    I don't really know why you find it necessary to argue about this. It's just speculation that a decent ways down the road. We're just throwing out ideas here.

Lamb and PJ3 are young talent and whoever the Thunder get with the Toronto pick will be young talent as well. Ibaka would still have another 2 years left after Love could opt out. They could definitely put together one of the better packages. But again, this isn't worth arguing, we're just throwing ideas out there. Loosen up.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,894 Times in 682 Posts

anyway to keep KI,DW and AV while still getting love? Would you guys trade TT, TZ, Boobie, picks, etc?

I think i would trade our future assets to have the two best power forwards in the league to pair with a top 5 point guard and up and coming SG, though we wouldnt be able to draft our dream SF

this is obviously extremely hypothetical, dont argue against it too harshly...

Thanks
    Thanked 4,285 Times in 1,774 Posts

I would include anybody not named Kyrie Irving in a deal to get Love.

Within reason of course. I wouldn't give Andy, Dion, TT, TZ and Gee, but you get what I mean.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stark For This Useful Post:

Hall of Famer
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,648 Times in 4,070 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AuxiliaryPie View Post
    anyway to keep KI,DW and AV while still getting love? Would you guys trade TT, TZ, Boobie, picks, etc?

I think i would trade our future assets to have the two best power forwards in the league to pair with a top 5 point guard and up and coming SG, though we wouldnt be able to draft our dream SF

I would absolutely do that, but if Minny decides to trade Love would that be their best offer? I don't know. I'd offer them Thompson, Zeller, Walton (to help with the salaries), an unprotected 2013 pick, and any salary filler required to get Love.

I think a deal centered around Varejao is more realistic, though, if Love is on the block. Minnesota wants to compete now, and clearly they don't think Love is the talent that he is. Varejao helps them more on that front than a bunch of young guys.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,472 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by D-Wreck View Post
    I don't really know why you find it necessary to argue about this. It's just speculation that a decent ways down the road. We're just throwing out ideas here.

Lamb and PJ3 are young talent and whoever the Thunder get with the Toronto pick will be young talent as well. Ibaka would still have another 2 years left after Love could opt out. They could definitely put together one of the better packages. But again, this isn't worth arguing, we're just throwing ideas out there. Loosen up.
    I'm not arguing but you're using players' 2012 value for a 2014 (or whatev) trade. If you want to say they'd make a push for him now, that's obv entirely different. But jones/lamb are unlikely to be worth much at that point if they are still in okc, no matter their age.

Quote Originally Posted by AuxiliaryPie View Post

in a word: no. frankly, i see no point in keeping varejao anyway. even with love, they still aren't contending next year and as always, the clock is ticking on varejao.

the best case the cavs can hope for in a love deal would be thompson, their 2013 1st unprotected, and varejao (sent to a 3rd team who sends young talent to minnesota). they still end up as huge winners in the trade, going forward with a core of irving, waiters, love, cap space, and random role players (gee, zeller, etc). though realistically that won't happen and minnesota's asking price would be higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Brickman View Post
    I would absolutely do that, but if Minny decides to trade Love would that be their best offer? I don't know. I'd offer them Thompson, Zeller, Walton (to help with the salaries), an unprotected 2013 pick, and any salary filler required to get Love.

I think a deal centered around Varejao is more realistic, though, if Love is on the block. Minnesota wants to compete now, and clearly they don't think Love is the talent that he is. Varejao helps them more on that front than a bunch of young guys.
    If Love can't lead them to contention, Varejao isn't the answer either.

Also, I very much doubt there is *any* deal available for Love in which the Wolves turn into contenders now.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Triumph36 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,894 Times in 682 Posts

EPN currently talking about how Love wants out of Minny, interesting. Really hoping something can happed to get him here, not holding my breath, but i want a big time move to come to cleveland

Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 666 Posts

And I'm sure, as with all things of this nature, ESPN will embellish and talk about it to no end. A small market superstar wants out?!?! Let's immediately start talking about possible scenarios where he ends up in NY, or LA.

There is no way Minny trades K-Love. I know Kahn gets flak for making some questionable decisions in the past, but that would be idiotic. This is just ESPN making a story where there is none.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,619 Times in 519 Posts

I find it highly unlikely he ends up being dealt. With that being said.. this is where all those picks we've stock piled over the years comes in handy.. I just don't see why Minny would deal the best power forward in the game when he's locked up for a few more years. Normally, trade talk comes closer to free agency.

You obviously go all in if Kevin Love becomes available. Young players, picks .. Kyrie and Kevin would be the best 1-2 punch in the league.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Numbers Guy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,506 Times in 496 Posts

AV, Tristan + Picks (lakers 2013, our own 2014, heat 2015) for Derrick Williams and Love

15. The Following User Says Thank You to gratefuldead For This Useful Post:

Situational Stopper Halloween Runner Champion Jellyfish Invaders Champion Cheesy Pizza Designer 2 : Cheddar Madness Champion Worm Happy Champion Escher Champion Snake Champion Snake Champion Fishenoid Champion Turbospot Champion Bullet Blocker Champion Jigsaw: Grapes Champion Cuboy Facebutt Champion Imbossible Champion Jigsaw: Purple Decoration Champion Jigsaw: Mushrooms And Wine Champion Skedaddle Champion BubbleWrap Champion Bridgit Mendler Puzzle Game Champion Cascade Champion Displacer Champion Track the Ball Champion Jigsaw: Old Stone Bridge Champion Jigsaw: Evening Light Champion Hidden Ambers - Nature 3 Champion Water Man Champion Sweet hearts Champion Jigsaw: Guacamole Champion
    Thanks

This is all kind of a fantasy anyways since the T-wolves aren't going to trade K-Love, but as good as Kyrie and Love would be offensively together (and man would that be amazing to watch), good god would that be a trainwreck on the defensive end.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to polklop1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by polklop1 View Post
    This is all kind of a fantasy anyways since the T-wolves aren't going to trade K-Love, but as good as Kyrie and Love would be offensively together (and man would that be amazing to watch), good god would that be a trainwreck on the defensive end.
    Kyrie has the tools to be a good defender.. or at least a decent defender. On the other hand, Love is a slow white guy with poor leaping ability and slow foot speed. However, if he's paired with say Nerlens Noel.. he can be what Dwight was to Shard, Chandler to Dirk, Noah to Boozer etc.

Its why Pek works so well in that system.

Really a pipe dream to think Love is attainable.. even more so if I really believe we'll be going into next season with a front court of Love and Noel.

Soon as Rubio gets into the groove and the Wolves start winning some more games.. these rumors will go away.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Birdy89 View Post
    You really think Kahn would consider moving possibly the best PF in the league and not demand our top 5 lottery pick in 2013 in return?

He is dumb, but not even he is that dumb.

If he was going to do a deal like that he might as well just resign today, because he would be fired tomorrow.

Imagine how that would play out in Minnesota knowing you traded Love to the Cavs, and then you watch them draft in the top 5 while you took back some scraps in return.

Whatever team, be it the Cavs or anyone else, that would get Love will be giving up a lottery pick in that package if they have one at their disposal.
    Don't doubt it for a second. Kahn almost traded Love for Gasol a few years ago. He drafted Flynn and Rubio back to back. Signed Darko to that awful 4 year 20 mil deal. He even came out a few years ago and said Beasley 'smokes too much marijuana.' Gave 10 million dollars to a guy with no knees.

Kevin Love just trashed that organization.. it wouldn't be *that* surprising to see such an inept organization pull the trigger on a bad deal.

"Straight Cash Homie" I'mWithDan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,186 Times in 647 Posts

While I would be thrilled to get Love, people are WAYYYYYYYYYYY underestimating what it would cost.

Love is one of the top 15-20 players in the league. When those guys are traded, it's not for a bunch of stiffs and a few drafts picks (unless we can get Jerry West on the phone).

For Minnesota to even listen it would likely take Andy, Waiters (or TT), our higher #1 this year and a future pick.

I'm sure some people will say that's way too much but we're talking about a player who's a career 17 and 12 guy and just 24 years old.

If he went on the market, he'd be one of the best young players in the last 5-10 years to become available via trade (while still under contract).
    Last edited by I'mWithDan; 12-15-2012 at 10:52 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,421 Times in 486 Posts

OK I'll bite:

Three team trade

To Cle:
    Kevin Love
    J.J. Barea

To Min:
    Kendrick Perkins
    Tristan Thompson
    Jeremy Lamb
    Tor 2013 1st rounder
    Cle 2013 1st rounder

To OKC
    Anderson Varejao
    Orl 2013 2nd rounder

At least it works in the trade checker
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

I dont know why OKC wouldnt just cut us out and make the deal for Love themselves... Also, it might not be white enough for Minny.
    ZZZ