Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Kevin Love

Practice Squad
    Thanks

Default Re: Kevin Love

Quote Originally Posted by kookoo View Post
    Seriously. I probably have at least 3 fractured bones in my hand right now. He's lucky it's just the third metacarpal. It's not even the whole hand...
    Cool story bra

2. The Following User Says Thank You to broch For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,030 Times in 438 Posts

Maybe theyll be more likely to trade "an injured, bad attitude player" a la Bynum or Howard.

A guy can hope.

Thanks

Even if they do decide to trade him, major market teams will be all over K Love.

Could see the Lakers, Heat, Celtics, maybe even Brooklyn get rid of major pieces for him.
    LA could easily put Gasol out there and then would make Minnesota look.
    I know it sounds crazy but Miami could ship Bosh out of town to bring in a guy like Love.
    Boston continues to get older, Minnesota thinks Rubio is the franchise so guys like Barbosa, Green, Lee, and Bradley will have huge value to them.
    Brooklyn already put Lopez out there once, if they put Brooks in that package too you never know.

I just think with Love saying he wanted to win now after the Olympics the chances of him coming here and staying drop significantly.
    Although come Summer 2014 that would make this a better squad than that one down in South Beach

Kyrie, Love, Bron, Andy (if still here), Dion......... 2014 pipe dream...

Rising Star
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,491 Times in 578 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by beefstew View Post
    Even if they do decide to trade him, major market teams will be all over K Love.

Could see the Lakers, Heat, Celtics, maybe even Brooklyn get rid of major pieces for him.
    LA could easily put Gasol out there and then would make Minnesota look.
    I know it sounds crazy but Miami could ship Bosh out of town to bring in a guy like Love.
    Boston continues to get older, Minnesota thinks Rubio is the franchise so guys like Barbosa, Green, Lee, and Bradley will have huge value to them.
    Brooklyn already put Lopez out there once, if they put Brooks in that package too you never know.

I just think with Love saying he wanted to win now after the Olympics the chances of him coming here and staying drop significantly.
    Although come Summer 2014 that would make this a better squad than that one down in South Beach

Kyrie, Love, Bron, Andy (if still here), Dion......... 2014 pipe dream...
    I'd rather field a winning team without LeBron-- it's a pride thing.....

6. The Following User Says Thank You to EdMonix11 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

This post is just speculation but I think it's worth a thought:

Assuming Shabazz is off the board when we pick in the top 5, McLemore is BPA, and the Wolves fell short in the playoff due to their injuries situation (3 fairly reasonnable assumptions), would you do this draft day trade:

MIN gets: 2013 4th pick overall (McLemore); A. Varejao; T. Zeller; A. Gee/CJ Miles; Kings protected pick
    CLE gets: K. Love, B. Roy (injured)

Looking at what Houston gave up to get Harden, I think we overpay a little bit for Love (Our pick>TOR pick, Varejao=Martin, SAC pick>DAL pick, Zeller< Lamb +cheap wing backup).

Still, I think it makes sense for both sides:

MIN's biggest need is a great shooter/athlete on the wing for Rubio to pass it to, and McLemore appears to be just that. With Varejao and Zeller their frontcourt doesn't suffer too much from Love's departure. Our wing player gives them some cheap depth, and they're a playoff team next season granted Rubio's healthy and they resign Pekovic.

CLE gets a legit #2 guy for Irving, and has a nice core of Irving, Waiters, Love, Thompson to build around. I like McLemore but, unlike Shabazz, he doesn't have the size to play the SF position and I think our drafting him would hurt Dion's development big time. And drafting big men is a risky business, I don't know if there's any big of Love's caliber in this year's draft...

Rookie
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iLLGiLL View Post
    This post is just speculation but I think it's worth a thought:

Assuming Shabazz is off the board when we pick in the top 5, McLemore is BPA, and the Wolves fell short in the playoff due to their injuries situation (3 fairly reasonnable assumptions), would you do this draft day trade:

MIN gets: 2013 4th pick overall (McLemore); A. Varejao; T. Zeller; A. Gee/CJ Miles; Kings protected pick
    CLE gets: K. Love, B. Roy (injured)

Looking at what Houston gave up to get Harden, I think we overpay a little bit for Love (Our pick>TOR pick, Varejao=Martin, SAC pick>DAL pick, Zeller< Lamb +cheap wing backup).

Still, I think it makes sense for both sides:

MIN's biggest need is a great shooter/athlete on the wing for Rubio to pass it to, and McLemore appears to be just that. With Varejao and Zeller their frontcourt doesn't suffer too much from Love's departure. Our wing player gives them some cheap depth, and they're a playoff team next season granted Rubio's healthy and they resign Pekovic.

CLE gets a legit #2 guy for Irving, and has a nice core of Irving, Waiters, Love, Thompson to build around. I like McLemore but, unlike Shabazz, he doesn't have the size to play the SF position and I think our drafting him would hurt Dion's development big time. And drafting big men is a risky business, I don't know if there's any big of Love's caliber in this year's draft...
    Are you high?

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to miller810 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,815 Times in 1,334 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jwalker1399 View Post
    I'd rather field a winning team without LeBron-- it's a pride thing.....
    and in that case: good luck. cavs will certainly need it.

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Triumph36 For This Useful Post:

whatever
    Thanks

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/W...in_doubt010813

That's because All-Star Kevin Love could be lost for the season after re-fracturing the third metacarpal bone in his right hand last week.

It's also possible Love's New York City doctor will advise against surgery. But if surgery is necessary, Love will be gone for a minimum of three months, the source said.

The source said there's a far better likelihood than not that some sort of trade happens. The deadline is Feb. 21.
    Love may be out for the season, which would hinder the T-Wolves ability to make the playoffs. Maybe, with a good enough package, MIN could be tempted to deal him? There's been talk that Kahn needs to make the playoffs this year, so something that gives them short and long term assets would be something for them to consider.

Probably start with our 2013 #1 pick. If Love's going to miss the rest of the season, the likelihood of it remaining extremely high would be good. Could we use our other assets to find a big man MIN would want?

Thanks

ill take a chance on an injured Love, if the biggest thing we give up is our pick, its like we drafted Kevin Love just entering his prime (his broken hand will heal, methinks)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,702 Times in 1,203 Posts

Has there ever been an injured player for injured player trade in the NBA before?

All Star
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,818 Times in 951 Posts

Windhorst said on the Really Big Show that we have enough assets where we can entice the T'Wolves to move Kevin Love
    Browns QB wish list
    1) Blake Bortles
    2) Teddy Bridgewater
    3) Johnny Manziel
    4) Jimmy Garoppolo
    5) Derek Carr

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JMcCurry08 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JMcCurry08 View Post
    Windhorst said on the Really Big Show that we have enough assets where we can entice the T'Wolves to move Kevin Love
    did he give any details? itd be such a tough decision on who to give up..TT? Waiters? basically everyone not named Irving, im thinking

All Star
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,818 Times in 951 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AuxiliaryPie View Post
    did he give any details? itd be such a tough decision on who to give up..TT? Waiters? basically everyone not named Irving, im thinking
    He was only talking draft picks...also said Klay Thompson or Paul George could be options since Golden State and Indiana both have a lot of money tied up to players
    Browns QB wish list
    1) Blake Bortles
    2) Teddy Bridgewater
    3) Johnny Manziel
    4) Jimmy Garoppolo
    5) Derek Carr

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JMcCurry08 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 28,869 Times in 9,227 Posts

I love Paul George. If they went after him you could be fairly certain they wisely understand that they're not in the running for LeBron. He'd be a fantastic addition to play with Kyrie and Tristan. Remains to be seen if and how Waiters fits in.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Little Seizer For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JMcCurry08 View Post
    He was only talking draft picks...also said Klay Thompson or Paul George could be options since Golden State and Indiana both have a lot of money tied up to players
    very interesting. thanks for clarifying