View Poll Results: To Tank or Not to Tank

Voters
292. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I want to secure a high draft pick and develop the young players.

    209 71.58%
  • No, go for the most wins and play the vets.

    34 11.64%
  • I'm still pissed that Disney bought Star Wars.

    49 16.78%
Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 453
  1. #16
    Veteran Saor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ohio/Scotland
    Posts
    7,462
    Thanks
    2,917
    Thanked 8,334 Times in 2,504 Posts

    Default Re: To Tank or not to Tank, that is the question

    We don't have to tank. We just won't be a great team.

  2. #17
    All Star JSS2306's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,555
    Thanks
    2,737
    Thanked 2,497 Times in 1,045 Posts

    Default Re: To Tank or not to Tank, that is the question

    There's no such thing as tanking.

  3. #18
    Banņed cafemerald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    3,339
    Thanks
    5,670
    Thanked 4,939 Times in 1,493 Posts

    Default Re: To Tank or not to Tank, that is the question

    Quote Originally Posted by Birdy89 View Post
    I will say this.

    We might only be in year 2 of the rebuild, but we have 4 #1 picks in the past 2 years within that time frame.

    Losing is one thing.

    The fact we still don't look like we have alot of NBA talent is the thing that is very disconcerting because with that many 1st round picks added to your roster you should be very competitive.
    Durant started his sophomore season 3-29

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cafemerald For This Useful Post:


  5. #19
    Cryotherapy Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,203
    Thanks
    5,087
    Thanked 9,417 Times in 2,008 Posts

    Default Re: To Tank or not to Tank, that is the question

    Sometimes tanking isn't a choice. Sometimes it's in your DNA.

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Douglar For This Useful Post:


  7. #20
    Team Player Ovum Defender Champion Bubble Lanes Champion Mouse Blocks Champion halloween beatdown Champion Weave Champion Crazy Penguin Champion Redbeard's Treasure Champion Pirate Bubble Champion supergoat52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    SLC, UT
    Posts
    590
    Thanks
    715
    Thanked 1,031 Times in 236 Posts

    Default Re: To Tank or not to Tank, that is the question

    Ok ok ok, I may be drunk, but disney buying Star Wars is the greatest thing to happen to Geekdom in the past decade. Slow your roll OP... slow your roll...

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to supergoat52 For This Useful Post:


  9. #21
    Hall of Famer Rich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    11,865
    Thanks
    301
    Thanked 9,363 Times in 3,657 Posts

    Default Re: To Tank or not to Tank, that is the question

    I just dont know if trading AV is good for the team at this point. If we trade him, this team has no veteran to turn to. That can be harmful to the young guys. Now, if someone gives us a good offer, I'm for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by David.
    Idiot

  10. #22
    Rising Star MirORich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    2,953
    Thanks
    977
    Thanked 2,903 Times in 950 Posts

    Default Re: To Tank or not to Tank, that is the question

    Agree with most in this thread. It's not so much as an option/choice this year as its a probability/inevitability.

    Last year, it was actually a real question, as we had guys like Jamison(over TT) Sessions(cutting into Kyrie minutes), and Parker who we could play and who sometimes kept us competitive vs. only playing the young guys.

    This year we just have what we have. A young developing stud(Kyrie), a hustle guy(andy), and a bunch of young guys we hope develop(Waiters, TT, Zeller, and Gee) + the worst bench in the NBA.

    I see us with a top 6 pick this year and then doing what we did last year for Zeller, packaging the Laker/Heat pick plus the Orlando 2nd and/or our own 2nd rd pick to move into the mid teens for another pick

    In the 2014 draft, I see us having a top 14 pick of our own.

    So in the next two years we add a superstar potential guy plus two more mid 1st round guys to the core. Ideally, we also sign a legit FA either after this year or in the 2014 offseason, before Kyrie's extension kicks in.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to MirORich For This Useful Post:


  12. #23
    Hall of Famer Rich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    11,865
    Thanks
    301
    Thanked 9,363 Times in 3,657 Posts

    Default Re: To Tank or not to Tank, that is the question

    Quote Originally Posted by MirORich View Post
    Agree with most in this thread. It's not so much as an option/choice this year as its a probability/inevitability.

    Last year, it was actually a real question, as we had guys like Jamison(over TT) Sessions(cutting into Kyrie minutes), and Parker who we could play and who sometimes kept us competitive vs. only playing the young guys.

    This year we just have what we have. A young developing stud(Kyrie), a hustle guy(andy), and a bunch of young guys we hope develop(Waiters, TT, Zeller, and Gee) + the worst bench in the NBA.

    I see us with a top 6 pick this year and then doing what we did last year for Zeller, packaging the Laker/Heat pick plus the Orlando 2nd and/or our own 2nd rd pick to move into the mid teens for another pick

    In the 2014 draft, I see us having a top 14 pick of our own.

    So in the next two years we add a superstar potential guy plus two more mid 1st round guys to the core. Ideally, we also sign a legit FA either after this year or in the 2014 offseason, before Kyrie's extension kicks in.
    If we're still in the lottery in 2014, we're doing it wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by David.
    Idiot

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Rich For This Useful Post:


  14. #24
    Situational Stopper
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    283
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 28 Times in 20 Posts

    Default Re: To Tank or not to Tank, that is the question

    Tank or not to tank--Is there really a choice??? Looks like tanking is not a choice as the cavs will win even less games than last year IMHO.

  15. #25
    Banņed cafemerald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    3,339
    Thanks
    5,670
    Thanked 4,939 Times in 1,493 Posts

    Default Re: To Tank or not to Tank, that is the question

    Quote Originally Posted by wildfan View Post
    Tank or not to tank--Is there really a choice??? Looks like tanking is not a choice as the cavs will win even less games than last year IMHO.
    Strong words considering last years schedule was shortened.

  16. #26
    Best of the Land Rob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    8,198
    Thanks
    2,396
    Thanked 4,212 Times in 1,681 Posts

    Default Re: To Tank or not to Tank, that is the question

    It is the 2nd game of the season against a playoff team.

    For now, play to win the game.

  17. #27
    Situational Stopper
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    283
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 28 Times in 20 Posts

    Default Re: To Tank or not to Tank, that is the question

    Quote Originally Posted by cafemerald View Post
    Strong words considering last years schedule was shortened.
    Yep forgot about that well anyhow we will get a high pick without trying.

  18. #28
    IT'S TRIBE TIME NOW!!! Pyro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Youngstown, Ohio
    Posts
    17,846
    Thanks
    3,570
    Thanked 5,664 Times in 2,606 Posts

    Default Re: To Tank or not to Tank, that is the question

    Quote Originally Posted by supergoat52 View Post
    Ok ok ok, I may be drunk, but disney buying Star Wars is the greatest thing to happen to Geekdom in the past decade. Slow your roll OP... slow your roll...
    It certainly is a great thing if you want an entire 5th gate at Disney World dedicated entirely to Star Wars, instead of just a ride or two.

  19. #29
    SuperStar Rainman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    OH-IO
    Posts
    2,493
    Thanks
    259
    Thanked 1,191 Times in 525 Posts

    Default Re: To Tank or not to Tank, that is the question

    For this team to tank it is redundant. Nothing this team does is telling me there is even a small chance that they would make the playoffs. They will be lucky to make it out of the bottom of the division this year.

  20. #30
    IT'S TRIBE TIME NOW!!! Pyro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Youngstown, Ohio
    Posts
    17,846
    Thanks
    3,570
    Thanked 5,664 Times in 2,606 Posts

    Default Re: To Tank or not to Tank, that is the question

    It's a shame. I was so pumped for this season too. But basketball like the kind that was on display tonight is just unbearable to watch.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •