Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,497 Times in 1,045 Posts

Default Re: Game 4: Cavs @ Clippers, Monday, November 5, 2012, 10:30 PM EST

X Rays negative on Zeller. Will be re-examined tomorrow according to Freds Twitter

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JSS2306 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 10,102 Times in 2,599 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkins View Post
    Kyrie Irving and Dion Waiters

WIK'D (Wicked)
    This almost ruined my night. Almost. Awful.

Quote Originally Posted by cafemerald View Post
    Wow. Just wow.

It's very hard for me to not be overly optimistic about the future right now.

Who would have thought Dion could be the rookie of the year? I never did. It's going to be tough, but all signs point to him being in the hunt. Kyrie is playing at the level we all expected of him. Tristan (say what you will about his offense) played solid defense tonight. Zeller is going to be a nice offensive piece also. His speed as a 7 footer is pretty crazy. And the wild thing. Man... this guy just gives you extra possessions. Its borderline ridiculous. I am against trading him at this point. He is too valuable to the Cavs when healthy.

To top that all off, we have bukku bucks going into free agency next year (or the year after I guess). We only have 27 million on the books for 2013/2014. Did I forget the monstrous amounts of tradable assets we have stockpiled? Wow. Things are looking pretty tonight...

Which means 2012 must be real. The world is going to end in December. What a fitting end that would be for us Cleveland fans. We have a good team that has a very bright future... then the Apocalypse happens before we can cash in on a ring.
    Me. I have no shame with my Waiters love.

Again, it was one game but this is exactly what I was talking about pre-draft when I said he has that superstar instinct in him. A lot of players can get hot...Dion carries teams for stretches. He hasn't even shown his slashing game and his elite athleticism (haters can hate, but he's got plenty of athleticism). He's got so much growing left to do. This was one of those games where you can look into the kid's eyes and see a bit into the future.

He's got the makings of a star...and that isn't me overreacting to one game, because anyone who posts here consistently knows I've been saying that for months. Also it was HUGE for Dion's big game for us to come out with the win. Absolutely huge.

Awesome game tonight.
    Last edited by chrisrich91; 11-06-2012 at 01:42 AM.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chrisrich91 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,038 Times in 3,540 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MoFlo View Post
    They keys tonight will be Rebounding and Defense. The Clippers rank 28th in Rebounding & 22nd in D, allowing over 100 points per game.

Golden State beat the Clippers by dominating the glass, 48-33 (Clippers have also been out-rebounded each game, but this was the biggest differential) and by holding the Clippers to 43% shooting, despite them going off for 110 points.

They also forced 16 Clipper turnovers, and held them to 16 fast break points (Clippers had 29 & 21 in their 2 wins) and 32 points in the paint (L.A had 52 & 42 in their 2 wins).
    Clippers scored 48 in the paint, but the Cavs forced 25 turnovers & held the Clips to just 17 fast break points. They also outrebounded them, 43-38.

Thompson didn't look good in the half court sets, but he grabbed 4 offensive rebounds (8 overall); held Griffin to 0 (only the 9th time in his career he's not been able to collect an offensive rebound) & 6 overall; had 3 steals (including 1, if not 2, late in the game); and played some good D on one of the NBA's most explosive PF.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,898 Times in 1,480 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrich91 View Post
    Me. I have no shame with my Waiters love.

Again, it was one game but this is exactly what I was talking about pre-draft when I said he has that superstar instinct in him. A lot of players can get hot...Dion carries teams for stretches. He hasn't even shown his slashing game and his elite athleticism (haters can hate, but he's got elite athleticism). He's got so much growing left to do. This was one of those games where you can look into the kid's eyes and see a bit into the future.

He's got the makings of a star...and that isn't me overreacting to one game, because anyone who posts here consistently knows I've been saying that for months. Also it was HUGE for Dion's big game for us to come out with the win. Absolutely huge.

Awesome game tonight.
    I completely agree. I said it in the Dion thread.... but for a rookie I would be a little apprehensive at the 7 three pointer stat line in fear of a perimeter chucker. However, we have already seen his slashing and around the rim game. So you have to assume he was just riding his hot hand tonight.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to cafemerald For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,378 Times in 563 Posts

Gotta love espn. All about the Clippers.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,306 Times in 938 Posts

No words tonight. Just switch that to a Cavs jersey

10. The Following User Says Thank You to 3 Da Hard Way For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Just got back from the game. I don't get to see the Cavs too often living here in LA. I actually drove from Phoenix today to get to the game. Looong day!!

I had a blast. There were hardly any Cavs fans there and I got my fair amount of shit. I did have to tell one motherfucker to shut the fuck up when he was talking shit about the city of Cleveland and its people. Shit talk my team all you want, leave my fucking family home out of it. Dude almost got fucked up. Fortunately he backed down, haha.

The Cavs looked really good. Dion was ridiculously good. His first step looks amazing in real life and he was draining 3s, obviously. Fans around me were freaking out at how Dion was killing them. KI got lots of ooh and ahhs from the shitty Clipper fans (assholes showed up late, ignored the game till the last 2 minutes, and left early). Zeller looked good, Gee played great D on CP3, and CJ finally hit some fucking shots. Andy is astounding on the court.

One of the best nights out I've had in years. Go Cavs.

The replay is coming on TV right now. Sleep tight, I'll be up awhile.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,925 Times in 2,168 Posts

Dan Gilbert @cavsdan
    Hey @cavs fans, fell asleep.Just woke up & saw we won! Fantastic.One question: How did our backcourt do tonight? @KyrieIrving @dionwaiters3

13. The Following User Says Thank You to KI4MVP For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,763 Times in 785 Posts

Love the win as confidence booster for the young team. Rooks are looking great. Even if you hate TT, you have to admit Chris Grant is looking better right now. I love how well the team is working together in the 4th. They are pretty aggressive defensively, and they are executing pretty well overall. We have seen a couple of stupid mistakes by Dion the last 2 games, but I am pretty pleased with his decision making.

Black Torched Jamison last year, so seeing him get so few dunk and having to shoot jumpers was awesome. The defense and rebounding did a lot tonight to sloiw down some very good players. AV continues to kill it. How stupid was Brazil not to play him at the end of their games? He is amazing.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,868 Times in 937 Posts

LOL at Gilbert. Whether he was really asleep or not, he knows how to use twitter like a pro

Quote Originally Posted by KI4MVP View Post
    Dan Gilbert @cavsdan

Hall of Farmer
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,160 Times in 2,541 Posts

This was a fun win. I'm just worried Dion will fall in love with his three shot and start jacking up 3's. As long as he keeps making them, i'm fine though.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,821 Times in 1,632 Posts

God, we really should be 3-1.

I mean, if we played Walton and co. for one less minute the other day, then we don't give up nine more points, and we beat the Bucks.

I'm liking this team.
    Last edited by Stark; 11-06-2012 at 07:20 AM.

Guardian of the Cavaliers Green Lantern's Avatar
    Thanks

That was a freaking good game..Waiters was unconscience..wow..

Thanks

The best is if you go onto the nba page and watch the highlight of the game. After kyrie hits that three at the end of the game when they go to the bench right before the clip is done you see coach scott slide into the picture with a look on his face saying my my god this kid is nasty.

Thanks

this game was sick. Kyrie and Dion were dominating. quite the dynamic duo.