Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,948 Times in 2,178 Posts

Default Re: LA Lakers Hire Mike D'Antoni

Tonight Howard had 26 rebounds, but just 14 points because the Lakers only managed to get him 7 shots in 41 minutes, which is idiotic. Meanwhile Kobe shot 11-26 and Artest shot 5-13. Howard going 6 for 7 got the 6th most shots on the team. After the game there was the story above on the argument with Kobe and news he has an MRI scheduled tomorrow.

Until tonight i was pretty confident the Lakers would make the playoffs and get us our draft pick from the trade, but now I'm not so sure.
    Last edited by KI4MVP; 01-07-2013 at 11:09 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KI4MVP View Post
    Until tonight i was pretty confident the Lakers would make the playoffs and get us our draft pick from the trade, but now I'm not so sure.
    My utmost hope is that they can sneak in at the end of the season for the 8th seed. With Portland, Minnesota and Utah all vying for that 8th spot right now, it doesn't look promising.

I really enjoy the Lakers struggling after seemingly having players handed to them every year, but I also REALLY want that draft pick to add to our team.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,241 Times in 922 Posts

I don't think there is a trade possible that makes the Lakers a contender this year. To much time has passed already they do not have chemistry and from everything being said Dwight isn't healthy and is still being a malcontent. Honestly it is going to take a prayer and a miracle for them to even make the play-offs. I do think they have a better chance to make the play-offs with out Howard or Gasol playing together.

Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,638 Times in 3,216 Posts

On the one hand, it feels dirty to root for the Lakers to get at least the 8th seed.

On the other hand, it's hilarious watching them fall apart. I have absolutely no respect for Dwight Howard and, unless he's wearing a Cavs jersey (which is unlikely), wish him nothing but failure in his career.

Finally, how many more days until the title of this thread is changed to LA Lakers Fire Mike D'Antoni? My guess is no more than 25. If they Lakers haven't righted this ship by the end of January, D'Antoni is a dead man walking.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,279 Times in 521 Posts

Big god damn deal... If we don't get the Lakers pick, we still get the Heat one instead. I have the feeling with all the trades and movement we'll be making throughout this season and through the draft, it won't matter too much. You'd just assume it'd end with the 27th-30th pick if the Lakers suck that badly, but there's always more interesting things that can happen when a team gets creative.

Personally, it would be nice if the Lakers had the 16th pick, but I won't complain if they collapse instead (kinda serves them right/karma for the last 6+ years). The fruits of the new CBA Labor Deal really will look great on paper. And it will look nice once we get our pieces picked up soon too.
    (Reserved for future Animated Signature-that-won't-slow-you-down)

Magic Number Thread:
    http://realcavsfans.com/showthread.p...in-May-2011...

The latest updates are noted within the context.

Veteran
    Thanks

Dwight Howard out indefinitely (at least a week, probably more) with a torn labrum.

Pau Gasol out indefinitely (until he passes the league's tests) with a concussion.

Jordan Hill out with a hip injury. I didn't see a timetable for his return, so I'm not sure how serious the injury was.

Welp.

We're not getting that pick.

Moving to Paris, to shoot some heroin and fuck with the stars
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,466 Times in 595 Posts

@Houston, @San Antonio, vs OKC then us is their next 4 games.

Good luck Kobe.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RonG View Post
    Shoes that is almost correct, but if we swap with the lakers, the suns get what ever pick we swap with them this year.
    This sounds wrong to me..

The Suns agreed with the Lakers to receive a pick which has it's position determined by what the Heat do via the Cavs?

I think it's more likely that if the Cavs get to swap Heat/Lakers' picks with the Lakers this year, the Suns wait until a future year to receive an actual Lakers original draft pick.

But if you're right, I apologize. They must have really worded these deals interestingly.

Thanks
    Thanked 21,574 Times in 4,829 Posts

RonG is right, and yes the language is complicated. Lakers will swap with the Cavs pick (whichever is least favorable--likely the Heat) if the Lakers make the playoffs. If the Lakers don't make the playoffs, then Phoenix gets the pick (and the Cavs right to swap expires). Nothing carries over to next year.

----
    For Phoenix:

2013 first round draft pick from L.A. Lakers
    The L.A. Lakers will send the least favorable of their own 1st round pick (top-14 protected), Cleveland's own 2013 1st round pick, Sacramento's own 1st round pick (top-13 protected) and Miami's 2013 1st round pick to Phoenix. If the L.A. Lakers' 1st round pick is within the top-14 selections, Phoenix will automatically receive the L.A. Lakers' 1st round pick. [L.A. Lakers-Phoenix, 7/11/2012]

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wuck For This Useful Post:

Veteran
    Thanks

I guess we can at least enjoy the irony of the Lakers making the lottery for the first time in decades and not having a draft pick to show for it.

Banned
    Thanks

Haha wow.. sorry for wasting a few minutes of your time on that one..

What a tease of a situation for fans of the Suns.. or the Cavs.. but not both.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,469 Times in 878 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RTrees View Post
    Haha wow.. sorry for wasting a few minutes of your time on that one..

What a tease of a situation for fans of the Suns.. or the Cavs.. but not both.
    It's going to be fantastic for us if they get the 8th seed. Going from the 28th-30th pick in the draft to the 16th is a massive jump, and for Pheonix they'd be freaking out thinking one more freaking loss (or two), and the Suns have another lotto pick.

The Original HN3108 bigfoot5415's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wuck View Post
    RonG is right, and yes the language is complicated. Lakers will swap with the Cavs pick (whichever is least favorable--likely the Heat) if the Lakers make the playoffs. If the Lakers don't make the playoffs, then Phoenix gets the pick (and the Cavs right to swap expires). Nothing carries over to next year.

----
    For Phoenix:

2013 first round draft pick from L.A. Lakers
    The L.A. Lakers will send the least favorable of their own 1st round pick (top-14 protected), Cleveland's own 2013 1st round pick, Sacramento's own 1st round pick (top-13 protected) and Miami's 2013 1st round pick to Phoenix. If the L.A. Lakers' 1st round pick is within the top-14 selections, Phoenix will automatically receive the L.A. Lakers' 1st round pick. [L.A. Lakers-Phoenix, 7/11/2012]
    Yea, but my issue with this is that the lotto protection did not come into question until the PHX trade. Ive never been confused by the language, just the fact it wasnt an issue until a 2nd trade was made. Grant never acknowledged protection in the original press conference. Amico has the same line of thought. If you think the Lakers org isnt arrogant enough to not protect a pick, you are crazy. Only time will tell. I wonder why Grant has not come forward since this has come up.
    Wiggins Watch 2014

Thanks
    Thanked 3,987 Times in 1,437 Posts

If the Lakers end up not making the playoffs, I hope to God that everyone who said that the Lakers' swap is protected is wrong. I mean, how sick would it be if the Lakers' pick made it into the 9-12 range, and then somehow won the lottery? haha I'm scurred now though. Leave it to Dwight and Kobe to mess up a team.
    "For the Tank God so loved the world, that he gave his one and only Tank Son, Antawn Jamison, and whosoever believes in Him, will not perish, but have everlasting high draft picks." - Tank 3:16

Rising Star
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,254 Times in 481 Posts

Dwight might be the most hated guy in the league amongst players....I don't even think it is debatable.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to billmac91 For This Useful Post: