Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    The Original HN3108 bigfoot5415's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: LA Lakers Hire Mike D'Antoni

....and there goes Hill for atleast a week. Jamison will get all the minutes his little heart desires.
    Wiggins Watch 2014

Thanks
    Thanked 1,511 Times in 481 Posts

The Lakers are 3.5 games out of the playoffs and it seems like it may only get worse. 40% into the season and they haven't even won half their games. I'm starting to doubt we get this pick barring some massive run.

The Lakers, at 15-18 after four losses in the last five games, are on pace for 37 wins.

L..A. has 49 games remaining against 27 opponents with a combined winning percentage of .497 heading into Monday’s games. It needs to go 30-19 (.612) to get to 45 wins, 33-16 (.673) to reach 48 and 35-14 (.714) for what seems like the impossible dream of seeing 50, especially now, with more injury problems and the schedule turning ugly.

Team Player
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Numbers Guy View Post
    The Lakers are 3.5 games out of the playoffs and it seems like it may only get worse. 40% into the season and they haven't even won half their games. I'm starting to doubt we get this pick barring some massive run.
    Come to think of it maybe we should be ok with LA flamming out. That would give the suns 2 lottery pick but with there cheap ass owner we probably could get there pick (5-10) by taking on channing fry's contract (2yrs. 13mill)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Numbers Guy View Post
    This will be made harder because the road schedule is brutal. But I still see them making the playoffs...
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit - Aristotle as quoted by Shaq..

The Original HN3108 bigfoot5415's Avatar
    Thanks

From CavsDan and the Cavs:

Rep this whore
    Wiggins Watch 2014

Thanks

Looked like Shannon brown tried to break Dwight Howard's arm. Dwight to locker room.

Thanks

The Lakers defense is so bad.. they've made Beasley look like Carmelo.

Thanks

I give up. The Lakers aren't making the playoffs and the Heat aren't gonna lose too many more games.. the pick will be 26-30.

Gold Star Member
    Thanks

I think it's funny that Kobe is trying to go into this distributor role since the chucker role wasn't working, as if he's better at it than Nash. What is he trying to prove? The only thing that he's proving to me is that he's one dimensional, and he's either able to hog the ball and chuck it, or hog the ball and pass it, resulting in assists.

He gets into games and he either gets into the chucking mode or passing mode, and he has a really hard time doing both in the same game. How many games have you ever seen Kobe have a big scoring game (30+) plus double digit assists? For a player who has averaged ~30ppg several times in his career, you would think he would have quite a few games where he got to double digit assists and still kept his scoring level. He's only done it 20 times ever, including playoffs. That's less than 1.5 times per 100 games.
    The most valuable skill in basketball is not the ability to convert difficult shots, but create easy ones.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Northstar For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,240 Times in 921 Posts

So if they lose what 7 more games they are out based on the law of averages and the amount of wins it has taken to get into the play-offs in the west?

Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,563 Times in 3,186 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    I think it's funny that Kobe is trying to go into this distributor role since the chucker role wasn't working, as if he's better at it than Nash. What is he trying to prove? The only thing that he's proving to me is that he's one dimensional, and he's either able to hog the ball and chuck it, or hog the ball and pass it, resulting in assists.

He gets into games and he either gets into the chucking mode or passing mode, and he has a really hard time doing both in the same game. How many games have you ever seen Kobe have a big scoring game (30+) plus double digit assists? For a player who has averaged ~30ppg several times in his career, you would think he would have quite a few games where he got to double digit assists and still kept his scoring level. He's only done it 20 times ever, including playoffs. That's less than 1.5 times per 100 games.
    Bro, don't insult the Point Kobe era. It's even cuter than the Point Melo era.

Thanks

Dwight Howard returns to Orlando in just 6 days.. he dropped these comments yesterday:

"My team in Orlando was a team of guys who nobody wanted. And I led that team with a smile on my face," Howard said.
    Jameer Nelson responded:

At some point, when are you [Howard] gonna, as a man, when are you going to take ownership and stay out of the media in a professional manner?” Nelson told the Sentinel after Wednesday's shoot-around in Miami.

“I would be less of a man to comment on certain things that people comment on about me and my teammates. We had a great run as a group, as core guys, and he was a part of it (reaching the 2009 Finals) and for him to say things about anybody in a negative manner, that's up to him.

“That's his opinion. If that's how he feels, that's how he feels.”
    This man has damaged his career incredibly in the past year.. The way things have gone are no doubt going to affect his endorsement deals post playing career.

Grade A douche.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Numbers Guy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 505 Posts

Fuck Howard

Thanks

I really, oh so dearly hope that Howard damages his own reputation and value so horribly that he will have trouble finding anyone who wants to sign him and he ends up without a max contract.

well, one can dream at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Banksy View Post
    I mean 90% of the posts in here don't even make sense. Banning anyone who's posted within a three page period in here would be like carpet bombing a Wal-Mart.

Yeah, there'd be some collateral damage, but you'd solve a good chunk of the problem.
    Proud Danish Cavs fan.

Thanks

I feel sorry for Howard more than anything, all he has gotten in LA is broken promises.
    I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying. - Michael Jordan