Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    A View Inside the Game Wine and Gold's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,758 Times in 748 Posts

Default Re: Cavs (absent) Defense (Lloyd/ABJ)

Quote Originally Posted by Kizzle View Post
    That play has to embarrass a good player man. Like seriously he just gave up. Like personally if I saw this play at a team meeting or something I'd be embarrassed
    He should be embarrassed... on far too many occasions he takes a nap on the defensive side of the court, even though he's already being deferred to the weaker links of the opposing backcourt ...often times Waiters takes the tougher assignment, a raw rookie seeing the NBA for the first time through. It's time for pride to kick in, and display it on the defensive end if he truly wants to be the undisputed team leader. If so, he has to show up on both sides of the court.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wine and Gold For This Useful Post:

A View Inside the Game Wine and Gold's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,758 Times in 748 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RMsDanielGibson View Post
    http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/video/p...e-coach-121116

In this interview after today's practice, Scott said that Kyrie breaking his hand really set him back from working on his defense this summer and how there's not a ton of time to work on your weaknesses during the season.
    Well, breaking your hand shouldn't be holding him back from showing baseline effort on the defensive end. What I see that is glaring isn't technique or understanding, as much as just not exhibiting effort and hustle. Scott isn't the type head coach to shy away from telling a player what he nees to hear in order to improve ... But, he most likely doesn't want to use the media as a vehicle to show up a player, which is wise.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Wine and Gold For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I have an idea, Mr. Potato Head is available, why not bring him back as an assistant. His offensive principles suck as we all know, but he may be able to help the defensive issues. Just sayin....
    There is no such thing as a stupid question only stupid people who ask questions!

The Bushido doctrine Homer Safari's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,142 Times in 2,268 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RikSmits View Post
    Actually, I think Scott does not shy away from using the media to show up players.
    Maybe I am oversensitive to this things, but I get the feeling that Kyrie gets a free pass here, or in any event gets held to a different standard than other players. I understand that star players get a different treatment to some extent, and it is a slippery slope which has me worried.
    Having said that, I don't know what's happening behind the scenes, but from what I have seen there are few signs of any accountability for Kyrie on his defensive play.
    Scott essentially calle dout Irving when he listed AV , GEE and gibson as the only guys making any effort on the defensive side imo

Thanks
    Thanked 1,751 Times in 1,044 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RikSmits View Post
    No, he called out everybody except AV, Gee and Gibson. That's a significant difference from calling out Kyrie specifically.
    I'd be happy if he'd once yank him from the lineup and gives him an earful after a blown deffensive assignment or two.
    Yeah sure if you want Scott to take out our best player every minute then that's a good idea