Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,494 Times in 5,376 Posts

Default Re: 2012 Baseball Offseason Player Movement Thread

5/80 for Anibal Sanchez.

LOLz
    Manziel's reps also insist it's a hoax -- and he's never made a penis video on "It's a Small World" or any other Disney ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by CavsFanLA View Post
    a skill that probably fits well in the world of PR where you want to listen tothe opinion of someone who thinks they know more than you

Thanks
    Thanked 1,641 Times in 772 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by b00bie View Post
    5/80 for Anibal Sanchez.

LOLz
    It seems outrageous, but then again, that is 16m per season for a 28 year old. He is entering his prime, and he does have good stuff. Yeesh though, if he can ge this, Jackson should be able to command at least close to that 16m per season if not for the same # of years.

Thanks

I'll just ahead and say this here- why is Jon Daniels acting like he was somehow wronged by Hamilton not shopping the Angels offer back to him? The guy had two years to work out an extension and failed to. What, did he think the price of Hamilton hitting FA was going to go DOWN? How moronic. I fail to see how he deserves any sympathy, or how he can act disappointed. He needs to look in the mirror- it was his chosen negotiating tactics that just let the Rangers' best bat walk.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,284 Times in 1,773 Posts

R.A. Dickey to the Blue Jays in a trade; signs a 2yr/25mil contract.

Blue Jays building a contender up there. Wouldn't be surprised to see them finish first out there in the East.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SRStark20 View Post
    R.A. Dickey to the Blue Jays in a trade; signs a 2yr/25mil contract.

Blue Jays building a contender up there. Wouldn't be surprised to see them finish first out there in the East.
    Still nobody in the bullpen, Johnson still has shoulder issues. Romero still has the yips, Morrow is still inconsistent.

Lots of money spent on a ton of aged players. In the toughest division in baseball.
    Manziel's reps also insist it's a hoax -- and he's never made a penis video on "It's a Small World" or any other Disney ride.
    a skill that probably fits well in the world of PR where you want to listen tothe opinion of someone who thinks they know more than you

Thanks
    Thanked 4,407 Times in 1,757 Posts

These free-agent contracts are absolutely insane. If things keep up like this, in another 10 years small market teams will be in a competitive wasteland.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,651 Times in 2,569 Posts

Hiroyuki Nakajima to the A's

Thanks
    Thanked 1,283 Times in 673 Posts

Lance Berkman to get $10-11 from the Rangers according to Heyman. WOW is all I'll say to that. These contracts are getting ridiculous.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,806 Times in 3,079 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BMAN View Post
    Lance Berkman to get $10-11 from the Rangers according to Heyman. WOW is all I'll say to that. These contracts are getting ridiculous.
    Wow. Maybe we can trade for Mike Olt.

Thanks

@Ken_Rosenthal: Sources: #Dbacks' Justin Upton invoked his no-trade rights to reject a deal to the #Mariners. Story with @jonmorosi: http://t.co/I7RHjAk2
    Upton wasn't messing around, Seattle must be pissed.

Thanks

@jcrasnick: #Mariners, #bluejays, #redsox and #cubs are the 4 teams on Upton's no-trade list. This deal was never gonna work.
    Indians not on the list, but again they don't have the assets to acquire him.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by b00bie View Post
    Indians not on the list, but again they don't have the assets to acquire him.
    Although he's young and has a reasonable contract, I wouldn't be willing to give what Seattle was rumored anyways.

Thanks

I don't know why the mariners are in such a hurry to dismantle what could be a great young core of starting pitchers. Seems like a team bred to play in that ball park.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Fiya View Post
    I don't know why the mariners are in such a hurry to dismantle what could be a great young core of starting pitchers. Seems like a team bred to play in that ball park.
    Isringhausen, Wilson and Pulsipher- that would be one reason. Pitching prospects are just that, the more you have the better chance of getting a fewt pan but they can't be banking on all 3 to turn into viable starters. Bummer that Ms trade didn't go through, I think that a very good offer by them for Upton. Maybe Upton didn't hear that the fences have been moved in? I know the gaps are still huge but it has to make a difference. The Ms have to make a move because their offense is beyond terrible, and they can't blame all of it on the ballpark. A guy they really need is Adrubal- not only can they use him at SS now, but when he eventually have to get moved to 3B or wherever they could use him there too.

Thanks

Biggest detractor Seattle has is the fact they are the worst team travel wise.

The closest road trip they have is a three hour flight to Oakland, and consistently log the most flight miles in MLB.

The stadium and surrounding area is great for home stands, but that's why they turn some people off.

Might not have been the reason here, just something to think about.