View Poll Results: Thread: Will The Cavs Make a Major Move At The Trade Deadline?

Voters
191. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

47 24.61%
  • No

59 30.89%
  • If you consider trading Boobie Gibson for 1st round pick in the 20's major, then yes.

85 44.50%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Thanks

Default Re: Will The Cavs Make a Major Move At The Trade Deadline?

I said yes but....We take salary and a pick and get rid of Walton and some D-league talent from our bench. Depending on who that player is, it could be major. Andy is always in the talks but it will come down to how desperate a team is and what they offer or who gets hurt (either Andy or a key player on another team). But make no mistake, we will be in a lot of rumors and if the deal is not good, CG ain't making it.
    WHEN WE FINALLY WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP.......WE WON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO.

Miracle of Richfield daytripper's Avatar
    Thanks

Several guys become trade-eligible Saturday — Kirk Hinrich, Nate Robinson, Vlad Radmanovic, Nazr Mohammed, and Marco Belinelli. Robinson and Hinrich have been borderline essential in Derrick Rose's absence, and Belinelli has shot the lights out of late in Rip Hamilton's starting spot. The Bulls have a $5 million trade exception, but they're more than $3 million over the tax line and will likely work to cut costs.
    http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...ade-candidates

Actually a bunch of guys across the League become trade eligible on Saturday. I find the Chicago situation interesting for the Cavs. They are 3 mil over the luxury tax line and could be willing to dump a few players. Could the Cavs land a pick or perhaps a young prospect like M. Teague if they take on Rip Hamilton and the 1 1/2 years still owed on his contract?

Admittedly Pompous Randolphkeys's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,213 Times in 5,309 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by daytripper View Post

Actually a bunch of guys across the League become trade eligible on Saturday. I find the Chicago situation interesting for the Cavs. They are 3 mil over the luxury tax line and could be willing to dump a few players. Could the Cavs land a pick or perhaps a young prospect like M. Teague if they take on Rip Hamilton and the 1 1/2 years still owed on his contract?
    There has been a low moan in the rumor mills that Eric Gordon will be available for the right price. He has a lot of emotional baggage and questionable knees, but imagine a young back court of Irving, Gordon, and Waiters off the bench... It gives reason to pause.
    “He (Dellavedova) was doin' too much.” ~Paul George, January 5th

Thanks
    Thanked 6,651 Times in 2,569 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Randolphkeys View Post
    There has been a low moan in the rumor mills that Eric Gordon will be available for the right price. He has a lot of emotional baggage and questionable knees, but imagine a young back court of Irving, Gordon, and Waiters off the bench... It gives reason to pause.
    He is the Grady Sizemore of the NBA. No thanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,885 Times in 676 Posts

would love Teague and Rip..it is interesting to say the least

Thanks
    Thanked 2,973 Times in 636 Posts

In reaction to the specific ideas that brought this thread back from the dead: ew, ew, and ew. Gross.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,786 Times in 1,885 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Randolphkeys View Post
    I would prefer to stay far, far away from Gordon. Let Phoenix overpay his bum ass.

Thanks

Wasn't Rip Hamilton specifically saying he would never play for Cleveland like a year or two ago?

Situational Stopper
    Thanks

I'd like us to kick the tires on a Wilson Chandler trade. It would have to be centered around Walton's expiring contract but I think Chandler would be a nice fit and provide us with a legit sized starting SF. He's nothing extraordinary but in my opinion is an upgrade over our current options. He is having a down year across the board and is not getting ton of burn in Denver right now. Just a thought...

Practice Squad
    Thanks

After reading Kevin Love's comments about the Wolves front office, I think we should try to make a move on him. If Ferry is trying to shed salary for the Hawks to make a run at Howard and Paul, we could bring them in on a three way.

Hawks Trade: Horford
    Hawks Receive: Gibson, Walton, Miami 1st, Cavs 2014 1st, 2nds, cash

Wolves Trade: Love, Barea
    Wolves Receive: Horford, Sac 1st, Miami 2015 1st, 2nds, cash

Cavs Trade: Gibson, Walton, 2014 1st, 2013 & 2015 Miami 1st, Sac 1st, a bunch of 2nds and cash
    Cavs Receive: Love, Barea

Cavs lineup:
    Irving/Barea
    Waiters/
    Gee/
    Love/Thompson
    Varejao/Zeller

And you still have a decent amount of cap space to work with

A dream, I know...

Thanks
    Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,472 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by narbar32 View Post
    In reaction to the specific ideas that brought this thread back from the dead: ew, ew, and ew. Gross.
    haha yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Visitor View Post
    I'd like us to kick the tires on a Wilson Chandler trade. It would have to be centered around Walton's expiring contract but I think Chandler would be a nice fit and provide us with a legit sized starting SF. He's nothing extraordinary but in my opinion is an upgrade over our current options. He is having a down year across the board and is not getting ton of burn in Denver right now. Just a thought...
    chandler had a "down year" last year too. and the second half of the season before that, too. okay, he's just been awful since leaving new york...

Quote Originally Posted by FairWeatherFan? View Post
    After reading Kevin Love's comments about the Wolves front office, I think we should try to make a move on him. If Ferry is trying to shed salary for the Hawks to make a run at Howard and Paul, we could bring them in on a three way.

Cavs Trade: Gibson, Walton, 2014 1st, 2013 & 2015 Miami 1st, Sac 1st, a bunch of 2nds and cash

Cavs lineup:
    Irving/Barea
    Waiters/
    Gee/
    Love/Thompson
    Varejao/Zeller

A dream, I know...
    so cavs give up the worst package yet get the best player involved in the trade....

Thanks
    Thanked 6,908 Times in 2,497 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Triumph36 View Post
    haha yes.

chandler had a "down year" last year too. and the second half of the season before that, too. okay, he's just been awful since leaving new york...

so cavs give up the worst package yet get the best player involved in the trade....
    worst package? I saw the trade proposal and thought 4 first round draft picks would be overpaying.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,651 Times in 2,569 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FairWeatherFan? View Post

Cavs lineup:
    Irving/Barea
    Waiters/
    Gee/
    Love/Thompson
    Varejao/Zeller

A dream, I know...
    Like the Wolves would do that trade without our 2013 pick.

Birthing All-Stars Free Agency God's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,564 Times in 1,553 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Huber View Post
    Like the Wolves would do that trade without our 2013 pick.
    Varejao, Zeller, and TT for Love. Love gets to be paired with a superstar and possible future all-star backcourt combo, and then we can draft our small forward of the future this off-season in Shabazz and then move up to draft one of the centers as well. Now we have the ULTIMATE stretch 4 big man. Timberwolves get a great player in Varejao and two young prospects. Win-win.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RMsDanielGibson View Post
    Varejao, Zeller, and TT for Love. Love gets to be paired with a superstar and possible future all-star backcourt combo, and then we can draft our small forward of the future this off-season in Shabazz and then move up to draft one of the centers as well. Now we have the ULTIMATE stretch 4 big man. Timberwolves get a great player in Varejao and two young prospects. Win-win.
    Give up our only 2 centers? You keep either Andy or Zellar, throw Boobie or another player in, and you'd have to give up a 1st round draft pick. Even then I'm not sure the package would be sweet enough for Minny to agree.