View Poll Results: How will Royce do this season?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gets in gear and lives up to his potential

0 0%
  • Looks great on on a team of scrubs, but doesn't give houston any regrets.

1 5.88%
  • Gets on the floor a couple times. Doesn't make a compelling case for more minutes.

10 58.82%
  • Doesn't play a game. Reaffirms all the negative sterotypes that mental illess has.

6 35.29%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,179 Times in 1,432 Posts

Default Re: Royce White's Implosion

The part that I find interesting is how he says the Rockets staff are not mental health professionals and are not in a position to tell him anything and that he doesn't feel safe in the D-league.... The Minnesota and Iowa State staffs are phenomenal apparently and much more qualified than the NBA team...

This guy wants to be an advocate for anxiety-- but he just comes off as a douche..
    Quote Originally Posted by PIP View Post
    Mike Miller reminds me of myself...Brothas love him and Sistas **** him...

Thanks

Huge douche, not sympathetic to his disorder at all anymore.
    If at first you don't succeed, you throw the hammer down.
    -A.C.

Moving to Paris, to shoot some heroin and fuck with the stars
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,715 Times in 679 Posts

It seemed as if he was trying to be the face of that specific demographic but instead just seems to be playing it as a card for entitlement. He's embarrassing himself.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,422 Times in 370 Posts

I don't get how you draft a guy that's afraid to travel on airplanes. No one in Houston thought that far ahead?

Thanks

Pretty pathetic and disrespectful to use the recent shootings as leverage to make his case

Blue Donkey Kong Champion Ocean Force Champion Cell Defense Champion Bird Saver Champion Jigsaw: Rocky Waters Champion Brave Old World Champion Jigsaw: Boats And Fire Hydrant Champion Jigsaw: Narrow Street Champion A Miko Tale Marionette: Another Tale Champion Balancing Mathai Champion Jigsaw: Red Toadstool Champion Jigsaw: Wood Formation Champion 4Blocks Champion CircusCircus Champion Jigsaw: Slate Mine Champion Spencer Hawes's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,806 Times in 745 Posts

The kid needs to just shut up and play ball. He's got access to the best medical help that the majority of the population only dreams about. Get over yourself Royce or get a stocking job at Wal Mart.
    Last edited by Spencer Hawes; 12-31-2012 at 06:01 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,472 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blue_kahuna View Post
    The kid needs to just shut up and play ball. He's got access to the best medical help that the majority of the population only dreams about. Get over yourself Royce or get a stocking job at Wal Mart.
    that can't be too far off, i would think. rockets gotta get tired sooner or later and no chance another nba team touches him given his limited abilities.

and frankly, i can't wait until it does happen. i'm getting sick of this entitled douche. wonder what he's going to do when the basketball world stops paying attention to him and his "advocacy"

Hall of Famer
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,520 Times in 4,041 Posts

This just proves that in addition to having an anxiety condition you can still be a dick.

I mean, it's obvious this kid just doesn't want to play in the D-League and is using his condition as an excuse not to do so. I don't know who is advising him on this, but they're doing a terrible job because Royce is absolutely not coming off as the good guy here.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Brickman View Post
    This just proves that in addition to having an anxiety condition you can still be a dick.

I mean, it's obvious this kid just doesn't want to play in the D-League and is using his condition as an excuse not to do so. I don't know who is advising him on this, but they're doing a terrible job because Royce is absolutely not coming off as the good guy here.
    Maurice Clarett
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit - Aristotle as quoted by Shaq..

~
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,862 Times in 2,489 Posts

I don't know what his doctors are telling the team, but the point he keeps emphasizing is that they're not listening to it.

If the team doctor told them a player was physically incapable of playing, they'd sit him out and try to rehabilitate him. Royce's point here is that his situation is no different.

Certainly the team can invite a second opinion, but they drafted the kid knowing about his condition and need to deal with it.

The Canadian
    Thanks

Guessing the Rockets are about to chalk up that 16th pick to a loss and move on.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,836 Times in 2,744 Posts

What a bitch. You have to think the kid's family has money...if not, he's really fucking himself over here just for the sake of being a douchebag. I hope he falls out of the league and has to work a real job for the rest of his life full of regret. Ungrateful prick.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrich91 View Post
    What a bitch. You have to think the kid's family has money...if not, he's really fucking himself over here just for the sake of being a douchebag. I hope he falls out of the league and has to work a real job for the rest of his life full of regret. Ungrateful prick.
    I think he has 2 years guaranteed. Gotta be a million + for each year... let me check.... $1,645,440 this year, $1,719,480 next year. Depends on his money habits, he should be ok for a while... plus, with his talent, another team might give him a chance, or he might try Europe too. Still a douche.

Me? I'd let him drive himself to every road game... in fact, he HAS to be at every game or gets docked a game paycheck. See how long he likes that. Home at Houston on Wednesday vs No, drive your self to Milwaukee by Friday for a game, drive your self to Cleveland for a game Saturday, drive yourself back to Houston by Monday for a game, drive to New Orleans for a game Tuesday, etc.... etc..... etc..... methinks he might take the experts help/suggestions a little more seriously.
    Money will buy a fine dog . . .

but only kindness will make him wag his tail.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,472 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MikeOC33 View Post
    I think he has 2 years guaranteed. Gotta be a million + for each year... let me check.... $1,645,440 this year, $1,719,480 next year. Depends on his money habits, he should be ok for a while... plus, with his talent, another team might give him a chance, or he might try Europe too. Still a douche.

Me? I'd let him drive himself to every road game... in fact, he HAS to be at every game or gets docked a game paycheck. See how long he likes that. Home at Houston on Wednesday vs No, drive your self to Milwaukee by Friday for a game, drive your self to Cleveland for a game Saturday, drive yourself back to Houston by Monday for a game, drive to New Orleans for a game Tuesday, etc.... etc..... etc..... methinks he might take the experts help/suggestions a little more seriously.
    after this? lol no. dude really isn't that good, not to mention he's hardly/hasn't played organized basketball since summer league.

i am curious about houston's options though. would stern let them fine him a full game check every single game he misses? i know teams do that sometimes, but that's typically for a single game missed or whatever. not for dozens.

actually, i'm surprised stern hasn't stepped in yet. not necessarily with specific actions towards either party, but at least as some kind of mediator. this whole issue doesn't reflect particularly well on the nba, and we all know how much stern cares about that!

Fighting the good fight! gourimoko's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,753 Times in 3,261 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrich91 View Post
    I totally agree...

This guy has the chance to truly do what he loves and be made financially set for the rest of his life.. All he has to do is play basketball. All this shit about how he's "afraid." Man the fuck up.. There is no fear on this Earth that would keep me from a million dollar payday.