View Poll Results: How will Royce do this season?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gets in gear and lives up to his potential

0 0%
  • Looks great on on a team of scrubs, but doesn't give houston any regrets.

1 5.88%
  • Gets on the floor a couple times. Doesn't make a compelling case for more minutes.

10 58.82%
  • Doesn't play a game. Reaffirms all the negative sterotypes that mental illess has.

6 35.29%
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,418 Times in 459 Posts

Default Re: Royce White's Implosion

Anybody who would be unstable enough to try to use use a recent massacre of children as leverage to whine about his situation (which involves a 7-figure salary), should be in a room with padded walls. If I'm Houston I'd be less concerned about getting a return on a high pick, and more concerned about this guy harming himself and more importantly, others in the organization. It may be a sick thought but that rant by white could be interpreted as "play me before I do something batshit crazy like shoot up your building. I am mentally ill after all."

Thanks
    Thanked 5,179 Times in 1,432 Posts

From what I was reading I guess McHale really tried to sell Morey on selecting him based on him being previously familiar with him while with Minnesota. Not sure if he's the guy for personnel decisions...
    Quote Originally Posted by PIP View Post
    Mike Miller reminds me of myself...Brothas love him and Sistas **** him...

Situational Stopper
    Thanks

Remember when some people wanted the Cavaliers to draft him?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,070 Times in 425 Posts

"However, it saddens and frightens me to know that in this situation all the decision makers involved have been informed of all the medical dynamics, and yet still refuse to adhere to medical sensibility. In hindsight of the recent tragedies in this country, that had mental illness variables, you would think it would encourage people to act more proactively in that arena. You would think that decision makers who are not well informed about mental health, would take the consultation and recommendation of those who are. You would think we would start to do everything possible to not let the tragic consequences befall us first, before we ask the logical question, “why?”, “who knew?” “how could we have helped?. Why not take a proactive approach of “who knows?” “how can we listen?”, “how can we support now?”
    If this isn't a veiled threat, I don't know what is...

in the 5 years following Ron Artest's Malice at the Palace, no team would've put up with this bullshit. Piss or get off the pot, man.
    Last edited by Kypus; 01-02-2013 at 03:19 PM.
    "Finesse was never my better side," the bruising center admitted. "All my basketball life, like iI like to say, my basketball is not really nice for watching, but it is really effective."- Nikola Pekovic

"Got my first ever technical last night and lost $2000...makes me angry when i realize thats 2000 mcchickens or 4000 jack in the box tacos"- Jeremy Lin

~
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,862 Times in 2,489 Posts

I doubt Royce meant his comments as any sort of a threat, and I looked and couldn't find any link between people with anxiety disorder and violent behavior (unless they have other disorders as well). Some thought the take away from Sandy Hook would be that mental illness would be taken more seriously, and not ignored, and not brushed under the rug. Obviously not the case ... just from the comments in this thread.

Hall of Famer
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,520 Times in 4,041 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I doubt Royce meant his comments as any sort of a threat, and I looked and couldn't find any link between people with anxiety disorder and violent behavior (unless they have other disorders as well). Some thought the take away from Sandy Hook would be that mental illness would be taken more seriously, and not ignored, and not brushed under the rug. Obviously not the case ... just from the comments in this thread.
    The problem is that the Rockets have apparently offered him help, and even made concessions to accommodate his condition. The reason no one is buying the shit this kid is selling is because it's incredibly clear that he just doesn't want to play in the D-League. He's using his illness as an excuse, and that's why people are fed up with the kid.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,737 Times in 4,184 Posts

What pisses me off the most is how he is always talking about other people. Always wanting everyone else, specifically the Rockets, to know they should do more to help him. No mention of things he should be doing to help himself. It's apparently everyone elses duty to make sure he's feeling ok, but not his own.
    Quote Originally Posted by David.
    Idiot

Team Player
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MikeOC33 View Post
    plus, with his talent, another team might give him a chance, or he might try Europe too. Still a douche.
    How the hell would he get there? Boat?

Moving to Paris, to shoot some heroin and fuck with the stars
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,715 Times in 679 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ohiorulez View Post
    This made me cheese

Thanks

Lol... I dunno... Madden bus? I think he should sue for punitive damages at least. Sue everybody.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhjBlPucpd0
    Money will buy a fine dog . . .

but only kindness will make him wag his tail.

Blue Donkey Kong Champion Ocean Force Champion Cell Defense Champion Bird Saver Champion Jigsaw: Rocky Waters Champion Brave Old World Champion Jigsaw: Boats And Fire Hydrant Champion Jigsaw: Narrow Street Champion A Miko Tale Marionette: Another Tale Champion Balancing Mathai Champion Jigsaw: Red Toadstool Champion Jigsaw: Wood Formation Champion 4Blocks Champion CircusCircus Champion Jigsaw: Slate Mine Champion Spencer Hawes's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,806 Times in 745 Posts

I'm thinking underground tunnel.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,462 Times in 1,279 Posts

Turns out being an egomaniac diva is a much worse condition than anxiety disorder.

~
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,862 Times in 2,489 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Brickman View Post
    The problem is that the Rockets have apparently offered him help, and even made concessions to accommodate his condition. The reason no one is buying the shit this kid is selling is because it's incredibly clear that he just doesn't want to play in the D-League. He's using his illness as an excuse, and that's why people are fed up with the kid.
    Dunno, I don't like to pick sides in a finger pointing contest when neither side is presenting the details.

Yes, on the surface it looks bad that he's refused the assignment to the NBADL ... but that's just the surface.

Thanks

What I want to hear from this kid is how all he wants to do is play ball.
    Have not heard anything like that yet, its always I want to play but....

People would kill to be in his position, I'm not walking in his shoes but if he wanted to work on his game and his disorder than the D-League seems like the perfect place to do it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by: Ammofan

Thanks
    Thanked 5,955 Times in 2,041 Posts

The thing is though, Royce using his mental condition to get playing time just doesn't line up with who he is and what people have said about him.