Thanked 3,202 Times in 1,056 Posts

Default Re: Are the Knicks for Real?

Does anyone think Memphis is for real?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JMcCurry08 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JMcCurry08 View Post
    Yes. Not even taking last night into account because I think the Knicks are terrible.

Memphis possibly has the best starting 5 in the league. They're a very good team.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,083 Times in 1,152 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JMcCurry08 View Post
    As real as they were two years ago. I think last year was an anomaly for that team.
    OU... OH YEAH!!!!

9/13
    Quote Originally Posted by Pip
    Sanchize and the boys start their reign of dominance tonight...
    Someone has a CHIP on his shoulder (you know who you are)

Let's try to double wins warddj86's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,201 Times in 517 Posts

They're saying that top-to-bottom, this is the best team the Grizzlies have ever had. They're finally figuring out how to play with one another and it's very fun to watch. I live in Collierville, where most of the Grizzlies live (the Memphis equivalent to Westlake?) and they are the team I watch/root for to be good while the Cavs are rebounding and rebuilding. Go Cavs first, then go Grizz.

1 San Antonio
    2 Memphis
    3 Oklahoma City
    4 Los Angeles Lakers
    5 Los Angeles Clippers
    6 Denver
    7 Dallas
    8 Minnesota

Man, the West is deep this year. Any of the top 5 seeds could take the West.

Rising Star
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,444 Times in 539 Posts

Ya, Memphis is a fantastic blend of defensive toughness and offensive skill. They're going to be a pain in the ass for years to come.

Thanks

memphis has this hybrid half court/running system that some teams fail to put together. it's wonderfully pieced, clearly my favourite this year for the chip.
    http://realcavsfans.com/signaturepics/sigpic9395_2.gif

Thanks
    Thanked 1,786 Times in 1,067 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tornicade View Post
    yes that Toronto team was every beat as talented and experienced as the knicks.. look I dont like the knicks, Dolan is a mad man. Ownership doesnt support their coaches over the players and Carmelo is a spoiled brat.

but the team did bring in some experienced vets who carmelo has to respect and woodson will let carmelo do what he wants and stroke his ego. but im not saure how some with a straight face can say the knicks suck and will prove it with a second round exit which would makle them one of the top 4 teams in the conference.

4th best tam in the conference is a long stride from last year.
    Never said they were... But point still stands that a 6-0 start does not a champion make. A 6-0 start does not even mean the Knicks are a playoff team.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by warddj86 View Post
    they are the team I watch/root for to be good while the Cavs are rebounding and rebuilding. Go Cavs first, then go Grizz.
    Definitely my fav of the west for the last 2 or 3 years and always been a Gay fan. Definitely no pun intended...

The Bushido doctrine Homer Safari's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,193 Times in 2,285 Posts

the team is playign good basketball. they have the talent and they beat quality teams in that stretch, before the season the things holding the knicks back was chemistry and teamwork. certainly not a lack of talent. their play on the court as indicated in their 6-0 start is a strong indicator that they may have addressed that problem. do you see a problem in their opening week of play that indicates it wont be maintained or that they will fall on their face. ?

1. Knicks are off to a fast start
    2. knicks are off to a fast start without one of their all star caliber players on the court
    3. They added experience
    4. they addressed alot of locker room concerns.
    5. their playing defense.

Theres substance behind their 6-0 start and factors that would indicate its not a fluke.

in 99 the raptors did start 5-1 and ended up going to the playoffs.
    in 2001 the raptors went 4-2 and ended up in the playoffs.
    2004 the raptors went 4-2 and did not goto the playoffs. 2 of those wins came against playoff teams for that season but they did finish the 4-2 start with 5 losses. you had chris bosh in his 2nd year and vince carter traded after 20 games. those raptors certainly didnt have the pedigree of the knicks.

doing further research to find detail on your comparison it appears the Raptors have never started 6-0. so your response was fictional.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,786 Times in 1,067 Posts

the team is playign good basketball. they have the talent and they beat quality teams in that stretch, before the season the things holding the knicks back was chemistry and teamwork. certainly not a lack of talent. their play on the court as indicated in their 6-0 start is a strong indicator that they may have addressed that problem. do you see a problem in their opening week of play that indicates it wont be maintained or that they will fall on their face. ?

1. Knicks are off to a fast start
    2. knicks are off to a fast start without one of their all star caliber players on the court
    3. They added experience
    4. they addressed alot of locker room concerns.
    5. their playing defense.

Theres substance behind their 6-0 start and factors that would indicate its not a fluke.

in 99 the raptors did start 5-1 and ended up going to the playoffs.
    in 2001 the raptors went 4-2 and ended up in the playoffs.
    2004 the raptors went 4-2 and did not goto the playoffs. 2 of those wins came against playoff teams for that season but they did finish the 4-2 start with 5 losses. you had chris bosh in his 2nd year and vince carter traded after 20 games. those raptors certainly didnt have the pedigree of the knicks.

doing further research to find detail on your comparison it appears the Raptors have never started 6-0. so your response was fictional.
    Ok I couldn't remember exactly, but I did know they had a good start to the season and missed the playoffs a few years ago. Again with the Hawks i'm pretty sure that they had a hot start too, and finished as the 4th or 5th seed.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mdog1 View Post
    Ok I couldn't remember exactly, but I did know they had a good start to the season and missed the playoffs a few years ago. Again with the Hawks i'm pretty sure that they had a hot start too, and finished as the 4th or 5th seed.
    so mdog your stating that the Knicks will not make the playoffs because teams have gotten off to good starts in the past and not made the postseason?

or are you saying the knicks 6-0 start isa fluke. they have no talent and there is no legitmate reasoning to project them into the playoffs?

Thanks

update
    Knicks are Knicks are 14-4 with 2 20 point wins over the heat. They have ridiculous depth and are playing slightly above average defense with the 2nd ranked offense in the league.

They have 3 guys playing at over a plus 20 per and 8 guys over 14.

18 games into the season they have the eastern best record .

I believe they are the point where you have to call them a "contender"

Thanks

update
    Knicks are Knicks are 14-4 with 2 20 point wins over the heat. They have ridiculous depth and are playing slightly above average defense with the 2nd ranked offense in the league.

They have 3 guys playing at over a plus 20 per and 8 guys over 14.

18 games into the season they have the eastern best record .

I believe they are the point where you have to call them a "contender"
    Live by the 3/die by the 3. Miami will have no problem dismantling this NYK team in the playoffs when both teams are trying and the Knicks aren't draining every 3 they throw up. I guess you could call them a contender, but I don't think they have a serious chance of beating MIA, OKC, Memphis, or SAS in a 7 game series when it really matters.

I mean, they are leaning on JR Smith. Anytime you depend or rely on JR Smith for anything, eventually you are going to have a bad time.

With that being said, the Knicks are sharing the ball wonderfully right now and I think they are playing at a high level. I just don't think they have legit shot at the 'ship.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,956 Times in 2,041 Posts

Am I the only one that sees similarities between this Knicks team and the '11 Mavs?

Albuquerque. My house is the one with the pizza on the roof. Can't miss it.
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,700 Times in 1,445 Posts

Am I the only one that thinks it is overreacting to Miami playing god awful vs the Knicks? Lets see what happens when Knicks don't make 18 threes a game and Miami plays semi normal to what they are capable of. Just trying to be realistc.