Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast
    The Original HN3108 bigfoot5415's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,238 Times in 530 Posts

Default Re: Game 10: Cleveland Cavaliers @ Philadelphia 76ers | November 18th, 2012 | 6 PM [E

I still like the TT pick. Hes a young athletic big with pretty high potential. Since he is so raw, itll probably take him 3 or 4 years to develop. Once he starts to mature as a player, we will be able to resign him cheaper than if he had been great from the start. Itll be easier financially in the long run.
    Wiggins Watch 2014

Thanks
    Thanked 1,700 Times in 791 Posts

Default Re: Game 10: Cleveland Cavaliers @ Philadelphia 76ers | November 18th, 2012 | 6 PM [E

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Kawhi Leonard and his 10 points a game. Savior.
    Kyrie is the savior, KL is a better compliment player to the great Kyrie. Please tell me fucking different. You think TT is a better compliment player than KL to a guy like Irving? You're smoking sir.

It's basketball time at the Q! -Bring back Joe Tait

Hall of Famer
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,520 Times in 4,041 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ReAL DeAL View Post
    This is gonna be a loooong rebuild folks. We are far away from making the playoffs, and further from winning a round. TT was a mistake for one and it will push us back. We could of signed Reggie Evans and got the same production. Ok... maybe Im stretching the comparison, but that #4 was just as important as Kyrie. Grant fucking blew it. KL should be playing the 3 right now if they did the correct homework.

A guy like TT can be signed through free agency, or we could could of traded for Hakeem Warrick. You don't understand the hate I have for the pick of TT, I don't hate him, I hope he grows, I just hate the pick.
    Saying that number four was just as important as Kyrie is a fucking joke. There was no one in that draft that had anywhere near the potential that Kyrie had, and all you have to do is look at what the other guys from last year are doing. Klay Thompson has been playing pretty mediocre. Kawhi Leonard (who I like) is a role player, not a star. The only guys having a good season so far this year are Faried (and there was absolutely no way he was getting drafted at four) and Walker (who we were not going to draft after picking Kyrie at one).

So tell me, who exactly were we going to draft with that fourth pick that was going to come in and be a second star? It was a weak draft, and thus far Thompson has been pretty much as good as anyone drafted after him.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jack Brickman For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot5415 View Post
    I still like the TT pick. Hes a young athletic big with pretty high potential. Since he is so raw, itll probably take him 3 or 4 years to develop. Once he starts to mature as a player, we will be able to resign him cheaper than if he had been great from the start. Itll be easier financially in the long run.
    People in Chicago said the same shit but thought better and highly about TT, Tyrus Thomas.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Brickman View Post
    Saying that number four was just as important as Kyrie is a fucking joke. There was no one in that draft that had anywhere near the potential that Kyrie had, and all you have to do is look at what the other guys from last year are doing. Klay Thompson has been playing pretty mediocre. Kawhi Leonard (who I like) is a role player, not a star. The only guys having a good season so far this year are Faried (and there was absolutely no way he was getting drafted at four) and Walker (who we were not going to draft after picking Kyrie at one).

So tell me, who exactly were we going to draft with that fourth pick that was going to come in and be a second star? It was a weak draft, and thus far Thompson has been pretty much as good as anyone drafted after him.
    KL should of been the pick. He's on a great team which makes his averages shrink, but his game would fit well with Kyrie. Defender, shooter, rebounder, and learning to make plays for others. I watch the Spurs just to envision KL's play on the Cavs.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,145 Times in 705 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Randolphkeys View Post
    It has been a long weekend with plenty of tough losses. The people who struggled through both the Browns and Cavaliers games today deserve a better outcome. Let's not completely freak out though. The guards struggled with inconsistent ref calls. The bench did their usual rigmarole aside from Zeller. Its going to happen.
    Thanked for using the word rigmarole. I haven't heard that word used by someone since my grandma passed. I miss her
    "You drew a picture of my morning, but you couldn't make my day."
    -Naughty by Nature

Hall of Famer
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,520 Times in 4,041 Posts

KL should of been the pick. He's on a great team which makes his averages shrink, but his game would fit well with Kyrie. Defender, shooter, rebounder, and learning to make plays for others. I watch the Spurs just to envision KL's play on the Cavs.
    Kawhi Leonard was a terrible shooter in college, so you can't use his great shooting as a reason why the team would have drafted him.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Brickman View Post
    Kawhi Leonard was a terrible shooter in college, so you can't use his great shooting as a reason why the team would have drafted him.
    and... TT had zero post game in college, he dunked over some bums and that is not translating to the NBA.

Thanks

and... TT had zero post game in college, he dunked over some bums and that is not translating to the NBA.
    He also hasn't played a full season of NBA basketball yet, maybe we should support a guy while he's playing his ass off and trying to develop as a player. Cleveland has shit teams because they have shit fans that constantly complain and fully believe they are cursed. When an entire fan base is sending that much negative energy into the cosmos then bad shit is going to happen, what you believe becomes your reality. End rant.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Goldin Brown For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Kawahi Leonard wasn't even in the discussion as a top four pick at the time. What's with all of these straw man arguments.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,737 Times in 4,184 Posts

Or, and this is more likely, he's a on a great team and therefore not forced to do things he probably can't do and gets to excel by playing a role.
    Quote Originally Posted by David.
    Idiot

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rich For This Useful Post:

Thanks

TT's rebounding has been the only positive from the last two games.

The Bushido doctrine Homer Safari's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,142 Times in 2,268 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ice cream man View Post
    TT's rebounding has been the only positive from the last two games.
    Thompson now has 3 consecutive games with 11 or more shots. something he did zero times last season. he also has 4 double doubles in 9 games compared to 9 in 60. He also has 6 consecutive games in double digit scoring. something else he never did last year. it took thompson almost 40 games before he had 4 consecutive games shooting over 50% (1 of them he only took 2 shots) and he has already done that in his first ten.

Tristan is not only showing improvement and development strides on both sides of the court but he is also showing consistency.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Homer Safari For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,392 Times in 1,660 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RikSmits View Post
    No, he really wasn't terrible. He regressed from his rookie year, true, but was still a decent rotation player who played solid D, rebounded and hustled while shooting 3's at a healthy .372% clip and playing much less tentative.

I have already asked the question adanchristian asked in the coach Scott thread: taking small sample size into account, how much can you put the regression of guys like Miles, Casspi and Leuer on the players themselves, and how much on the coaching, rotations etc.?
    A PER of 11.7 backed by a total FG% of 41.2% is terrible. Casspi basically in the games I saw of the King in his second year (and I saw a fair number of them since I live in the West Coast): stood around the perimeter and if he couldn't shoot the 3 was terrible - couldn't drive and provided little else. Interestingly enough his PER was 11.2 last year and is hovering around the 11 mark this year. Difficult to blame that on coaching. To be fair: I think Casspi has played better the last few games but every time I think he's about to turn the corner he does a bone head move

Who knows about Miles, it seems like he thinks he has a green light. Back in Utah I don't remember him chucking this much and I'm wondering if the trade and fresh start has actually nourished the idea in his head that he thinks he's a lot better then he really is. CJamison Miles biggest problem right now is instead of trying to fit in, he's putting up shots only a guy like Kobe could get away with.

On the whole: these are guys who were let go by their teams and looks like these teams were justified in doing so. I'm not claiming Scott is great but you can also point out that both AV and Boobie have looked this season to be really resurgent in the quality of their play. Plus Alonzo Gee looks like a decent NBA starter which goes against the idea that Scott is bad at developing talent.
    There is a tension, peculiar to basketball, between the interests of the team and the interests of the individual. The game continually tempts the people who play it to do things that are not in the interest of the group.
    Michael Lewis

Thanks

I lost it a little bit on my posts, I apologize. I want TT to be a 10-10 guy, if more. I just fear, and I mean FEAR of becoming a team like Charlotte or Toronto. High pick, after high pick, after high pick, and do nothing with them. I fear that. That's why I disagree so much with the pick of TT and im a Cleveland fan that is empty on patience. We won't get significant players through free agency unless Kyrie grows into a top 3 PG, develops great relationships and recruits, also sells this great City of Cleveland. With that said, we must hit on the draft. I hope this building we have gets bigger and more stable.