Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920
    Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,587 Times in 3,191 Posts

Default Re: Game 10: Cleveland Cavaliers @ Philadelphia 76ers | November 18th, 2012 | 6 PM [E

Quote Originally Posted by Tornicade View Post
    Thompson now has 3 consecutive games with 11 or more shots. something he did zero times last season. he also has 4 double doubles in 9 games compared to 9 in 60. He also has 6 consecutive games in double digit scoring. something else he never did last year. it took thompson almost 40 games before he had 4 consecutive games shooting over 50% (1 of them he only took 2 shots) and he has already done that in his first ten.

Tristan is not only showing improvement and development strides on both sides of the court but he is also showing consistency.
    Agreed. He's pretty obviously improved from last year. He's also not always a black hole on offense, as he's over doubled his assists from last year despite only playing about six extra minutes per game. That was something that myself and I'm sure most other Cavs fans really hated about his game last year.

The main weakness in his game right now is that gathering, and I'm confident that, over time, the trainers will drill it out of him. I saw at least one possession last night where he went up immediately after receiving the ball. Hopefully we see more of that going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by ReAL DeAL View Post
    I lost it a little bit on my posts, I apologize. I want TT to be a 10-10 guy, if more. I just fear, and I mean FEAR of becoming a team like Charlotte or Toronto. High pick, after high pick, after high pick, and do nothing with them. I fear that. That's why I disagree so much with the pick of TT and im a Cleveland fan that is empty on patience. We won't get significant players through free agency unless Kyrie grows into a top 3 PG, develops great relationships and recruits, also sells this great City of Cleveland. With that said, we must hit on the draft. I hope this building we have gets bigger and more stable.
    Charlotte was in the playoffs like two years ago. They made a conscious decision to blow it up because their new GM realized the team's ceiling was a second-round playoff exit. Although it led to an awful season last year, it was the correct decision for the team's future.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,522 Times in 3,394 Posts

Default Re: Game 10: Cleveland Cavaliers @ Philadelphia 76ers | November 18th, 2012 | 6 PM [E

Quote Originally Posted by ReAL DeAL View Post
    I lost it a little bit on my posts, I apologize. I want TT to be a 10-10 guy, if more. I just fear, and I mean FEAR of becoming a team like Charlotte or Toronto. High pick, after high pick, after high pick, and do nothing with them. I fear that. That's why I disagree so much with the pick of TT and im a Cleveland fan that is empty on patience. We won't get significant players through free agency unless Kyrie grows into a top 3 PG, develops great relationships and recruits, also sells this great City of Cleveland. With that said, we must hit on the draft. I hope this building we have gets bigger and more stable.
    Stop mentioning KL like he was a serious option at 4. He wasn't. If you want to complain that we passed on JV for him, then I guess that's fine (though still annoying). People are just going to have to come to terms with the fact that the draft class where we had #1 and #4 was incredibly weak. Instead of focusing on how TT got picked too early because of a weak draft class, try focusing on how lucky we are we managed to get the only difference maker to come out that year.
    Last edited by Gary Barnidge; 11-19-2012 at 12:33 PM.
    Ass pennies

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gary Barnidge For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,021 Times in 1,541 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RikSmits View Post
    Alonzo Gee has a PER of 12.1 backed by a total FG% of 40.0%. So he is a decent NBA starter while Casspi was "terrible" in his second season in the NBA? You'd have to come up with better arguments because you are contradicting yourself here.
    Gee is doing a lot of things that numbers don't get you. A net +/- of 25.8 speak to that. Are you seriously trying to argue that based on stats that Casspi is equivalent to Gee this season because that's what the numbers based argument based on FG% gets you?

As I stated I watched plenty of Kings game during Casspi's second year and he struck me as a marginal player. Simply pointing out that his 3percentage was good doesn't make up for the fact that he looked like a guy that if he wasn't shooting a 3 pointer didn't provide much of anything else which was I mentioned his overall lack of production. Not saying he can't produce more (as I though he seems to be turning it around last few games) but stating his second season with the Kings is evidence of great potential is weak. I don't think anybody would feel Casspi of that year looked better then Gee has.

Again: I'm not saying Casspi is an All-Star, but he has regressed since coming here, and so have Miles and Leuer (15.3 PER in Milwaukee, almost unused so far). Whether Gee, AV and Boobie are a testament to Scott's ability to develop players is questionable.
    Why should we discount players improving and only look at players who have done the opposite? Can't have it both ways. I'll emphasize again: these guys were castoffs and for every Jeremy Lin that is let go there are 10 guys who don't do much.
    Last edited by Pioneer10; 11-20-2012 at 01:18 AM.
    There is a tension, peculiar to basketball, between the interests of the team and the interests of the individual. The game continually tempts the people who play it to do things that are not in the interest of the group.
    Michael Lewis