Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 129

Thread: Michigan Week

  1. #76
    Joe Thomas Fan Club col63onel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ohio City
    Posts
    5,007
    Thanks
    748
    Thanked 3,340 Times in 1,063 Posts

    Default Re: Michigan Week

    To think, had RichRod not been a moron an offered Zach Boren, all 3 Borens would have been Wolverines.

    I thought RRod was a good hire at the time. Oops.
    The Wine and Gold Knight Rises


  2. #77
    Hall of Famer AZ_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    16,724
    Thanks
    3,597
    Thanked 13,591 Times in 5,403 Posts

    Default Re: Michigan Week

    Quote Originally Posted by Coc Rhakalu View Post
    So... You're saying you were wrong?
    Yes.

    Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be watching Barkley vs. Te'o
    Manziel's reps also insist it's a hoax -- and he's never made a penis video on "It's a Small World" or any other Disney ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by CavsFanLA View Post
    a skill that probably fits well in the world of PR where you want to listen tothe opinion of someone who thinks they know more than you

  3. #78
    Rising Star Ruken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,696
    Thanks
    276
    Thanked 415 Times in 225 Posts

    Default Re: Michigan Week

    http://www.espncleveland.com/common/...9&post_id=8521

    So You Want To Eat? -- Carols Hyde had a monster game, rushing for 146 yards on 26 carries. Late in the game when OSU needed a first down to end the game they went to Hyde. After a big carry from the junior running back he looked at the Michigan bench and pretended to eat from a plate, just like Robinson did earlier in the game. I saw him doing that little thing, I said to myself, all right, Im going to show you how to eat, said Hyde.

    Love Carlos Hyde

  4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ruken For This Useful Post:


  5. #79
    Team Wiggins Free Cell Champion jlj3184's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Destin, FL
    Posts
    1,563
    Thanks
    879
    Thanked 841 Times in 257 Posts

    Default Re: Michigan Week

    Quote Originally Posted by QuadrupleDouble View Post
    How well will this affect recruiting?

    I don't really follow the recruiting stuff, but I hope this helps
    Quote Originally Posted by b00bie View Post
    None, really.

    But there were a ton of recruits there today, and getting them there all together is probably bigger than anything.

    Let them build relationships.
    Not sure how you can say this ^^ This game was huge for recruiting on several levels.

    First, you had several uncommitted 2013 kids we're still after in attendance (Quick, Conley - a current scUM commit who tOSU recently offered, Dawson - former scUM commit, Stringfellow, Gibson, Johnson, Moore, etc). The atmosphere of this game and being there to see the celebration of an undefeated season will only help with this group.

    Second, you had a metric shit ton of 2014 prospects there, including the consensus #1 prospect Da'Shawn Hand. Early returns are that this was everyone's best visit so far. Wouldn't be surprised if 2014 ends up as a top 3 class, even with the scholly reductions. All those 2014 players visited on their own dime too, so there is more than a passing interest there from all these guys.

    Third, going undefeated ALWAYS helps when you pitch the "come here and have a chance to compete for a national championship every year". UFM took a 6-7 team and turned them into a 12-0 team that would be playing for the national championship were it not for the sanctions. That resonates with high school kids who want to win.
    Last edited by jlj3184; 11-25-2012 at 02:08 AM.

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jlj3184 For This Useful Post:


  7. #80
    Buckeye DanRosenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Columbus
    Posts
    135
    Thanks
    52
    Thanked 100 Times in 36 Posts

    Default Re: Michigan Week

    Quote Originally Posted by JSS2306 View Post
    Braxton Miller just isn't that impressive.

    Im sorry, what did you say?

  8. #81
    Rookie FA Akron330's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Cbus
    Posts
    1,889
    Thanks
    229
    Thanked 857 Times in 395 Posts

    Default Re: Michigan Week

    Quote Originally Posted by jlj3184 View Post
    Not sure how you can say this ^^ This game was huge for recruiting on several levels.

    First, you had several uncommitted 2013 kids we're still after in attendance (Quick, Conley - a current scUM commit who tOSU recently offered, Dawson - former scUM commit, Stringfellow, Gibson, Johnson, Moore, etc). The atmosphere of this game and being there to see the celebration of an undefeated season will only help with this group.

    Second, you had a metric shit ton of 2014 prospects there, including the consensus #1 prospect Da'Shawn Hand. Early returns are that this was everyone's best visit so far. Wouldn't be surprised if 2014 ends up as a top 3 class, even with the scholly reductions. All those 2014 players visited on their own dime too, so there is more than a passing interest there from all these guys.

    Third, going undefeated ALWAYS helps when you pitch the "come here and have a chance to compete for a national championship every year". UFM took a 6-7 team and turned them into a 12-0 team that would be playing for the national championship were it not for the sanctions. That resonates with high school kids who want to win.

    Well said

    Games like that are huge for recruiting. I'm not exactly sure how he said it but after the game Urban said something along the lines of "having a room full of recruits that he needed to talk with" when asked what his next step is

  9. #82
    So we come to it at last Chris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    23,039
    Thanks
    6,729
    Thanked 8,134 Times in 3,447 Posts

    Default Re: Michigan Week

    Couldn't have asked for a better season, considering the circumstances.

    This team will go down in Buckeye lore. What a fantastic year, was a blast despite NCAA sanctions. The real fun begins next year.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:


  11. #83
    Rising Star "Boobie" Gibson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Lakewood
    Posts
    2,426
    Thanks
    888
    Thanked 868 Times in 495 Posts

    Default Re: Michigan Week

    Got on the field after the game. What a great season, so much fun to 'be a part of it' all.

    10 of the last 12!

  12. #84
    Adrninistrator Huber.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    9,090
    Thanks
    2,217
    Thanked 6,676 Times in 2,573 Posts

    Default Re: Michigan Week

    Sucks we won't go to the championship next year. No way we go undefeated two seasons in a row.

  13. #85
    Don't just stare at it.. A Squared's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,136
    Thanks
    2,350
    Thanked 2,907 Times in 787 Posts

    Default Re: Michigan Week

    Quote Originally Posted by Huber View Post
    Sucks we won't go to the championship next year. No way we go undefeated two seasons in a row.
    Never say never. No one expected Meyer to bring us to an undefeated season this year. Our offense is gonna be crazy good next year. We didn't even get to see it a full strength this year since we were missing our key player (Hall) and had to play Philly Brown in his spot. We only lose Stoneburner and all of our line will be back next year. Braxton's passing is only gonna improve. He showed that when he has time to get his feet set that he can throw extremely accurate passes. Our defense will be our weakness and we will lose some key guys but their spots will be filled by 5 and 4 star guys. I agree that its gonna be hard to win 14 straight next year to become champions but if anyone can do it, its Urban Meyer.


  14. #86
    All Star NorthCoastBias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    The Heart of it All
    Posts
    4,583
    Thanks
    4,463
    Thanked 4,078 Times in 1,056 Posts

    Default Re: Michigan Week

    Also, the schedule is not exactly a gauntlet next season. The non-conference games are against San Diego State, Buffalo, Cal and Florida A&M Michigan State and Nebraska get replaced by Northwestern and Iowa for the cross-divisional games. Both Wisconsin and Penn State are home games. Realistically, this team could be on a 23 game win streak going into Ann Arbor.

  15. #87
    So we come to it at last Chris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    23,039
    Thanks
    6,729
    Thanked 8,134 Times in 3,447 Posts

    Default Re: Michigan Week

    I'm not ruling out them going undefeated next season at all.

    In fact, fuck it. I'll go ahead and call it right now like I did before this season.

  16. #88
    Its Happening!!!! Shakalu M.D.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Gimpsuit
    Posts
    10,939
    Thanks
    4,140
    Thanked 8,820 Times in 3,485 Posts

    Default Re: Michigan Week

    Quote Originally Posted by b00bie View Post
    Yes.

    Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be watching Barkley vs. Te'o
    Hey, I'm not like you. I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong.
    Ass pennies

  17. #89
    Hall of Famer AZ_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    16,724
    Thanks
    3,597
    Thanked 13,591 Times in 5,403 Posts

    Default Re: Michigan Week

    Quote Originally Posted by Coc Rhakalu View Post
    Hey, I'm not like you. I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong.
    You certainly don't have a problem acting like a scorned woman, either.

    Calm down.
    Manziel's reps also insist it's a hoax -- and he's never made a penis video on "It's a Small World" or any other Disney ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by CavsFanLA View Post
    a skill that probably fits well in the world of PR where you want to listen tothe opinion of someone who thinks they know more than you

  18. #90
    Its Happening!!!! Shakalu M.D.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Gimpsuit
    Posts
    10,939
    Thanks
    4,140
    Thanked 8,820 Times in 3,485 Posts

    Default Re: Michigan Week

    Quote Originally Posted by b00bie View Post
    You certainly don't have a problem acting like a scorned woman, either.

    Calm down.
    I am calm. You're the one name calling.
    Ass pennies

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •