Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Michigan Week

Thanks

Default Re: Michigan Week

Can we not ruin this thread with stupid bitching. We are undefeated if you wanna complain GTFO

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Ruken For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,212 Times in 1,681 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Huber View Post
    Sucks we won't go to the championship next year. No way we go undefeated two seasons in a row.
    Why? The Big 10 fucking blows. We will be heavily favored in every game.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,528 Times in 3,396 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrie To The View Post
    Why? The Big 10 fucking blows. We will be heavily favored in every game.
    The Big 10 sucks, but it's just not likely that a team goes undefeated in back to back seasons. Something, somewhere is bound to go wrong. Injuries, bad calls, a hot game from an opponent, anything can happen. Losing Hankins and Simon is going to hurt. I don't think OSU can pull it off unless Braxton seriously works on his game. He needs to learn how to be a QB and not just a RB who takes the snap.
    Ass pennies

Don't just stare at it.. A Squared's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,626 Times in 748 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Coc Rhakalu View Post
    The Big 10 sucks, but it's just not likely that a team goes undefeated in back to back seasons. Something, somewhere is bound to go wrong. Injuries, bad calls, a hot game from an opponent, anything can happen. Losing Hankins and Simon is going to hurt. I don't think OSU can pull it off unless Braxton seriously works on his game. He needs to learn how to be a QB and not just a RB who takes the snap.
    Defense is the only thing that I am scared about next season. Braxton will be just fine if he continues to pass like he did against Michigans #1 ranked passing defense.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dmhtfld View Post
    Defense is the only thing that I am scared about next season. Braxton will be just fine if he continues to pass like he did against Michigans #1 ranked passing defense.
    Really? I wasn't that impressed with Braxton at all.
    Ass pennies

Thanks

14-18 with 0 INT against the #1 ranked pass defense is pretty solid.

Outside of maybe McCarron and possibly Iowa's QB, I would say he had the best game against them this season.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to "Boobie" Gibson For This Useful Post:

Camp Invitee
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by "Boobie" Gibson View Post

Outside of maybe McCarron and possibly Iowa's QB, I would say he had the best game against them this season.
    Forget about that, Miller is also a sophomore. Besides Manziel, I think he's probably the only lower class-man that could do that.

Thanks

Please expand on this. I know his running game was weak but thats because thats the only thing Mighican focused on. Why were you not impressed with his passing?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by "Boobie" Gibson View Post

I'm not talking about just stats, more overall QB play. I wasn't all that impressed with his accuracy or touch and he made a lot of questionable decisions. Don't get me wrong I love him as a player, he's fun to watch and he got the job done. I just think he needs to develop his QB play.

For the record I'm not saying he had a bad game against Michigan at all, I'm just saying I wasn't overly impressed with him either. He seemed more like a game manager than anything else. It could be that his poor performance running the ball is clouding my opinion of his game overall.
    Last edited by Gary Barnidge; 11-25-2012 at 08:33 PM.
    Ass pennies

Thanks
    Thanked 1,106 Times in 505 Posts

It seemed pretty slick out there too. I know brax lost his footing a lot.

Thanks

I'm not talking about just stats, more overall QB play. I wasn't all that impressed with his accuracy or touch and he made a lot of questionable decisions. Don't get me wrong I love him as a player, he's fun to watch and he got the job done. I just think he needs to develop his QB play.

For the record I'm not saying he had a bad game against Michigan at all, I'm just saying I wasn't overly impressed with him either. He seemed more like a game manager than anything else. It could be that his poor performance running the ball is clouding my opinion of his game overall.
    Just time will tell is he can really develop into a decent passer. Showed huge improvement this year just gotta hope it continues. Im more worried about our D next year as well.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ruken View Post
    Just time will tell is he can really develop into a decent passer. Showed huge improvement this year just gotta hope it continues. Im more worried about our D next year as well.

Losing Simon, Boren, Williams, Hankins, Goebel, Sabino and Ohrian Johnson is really gonna hurt us.

Thanks

Losing Simon, Boren, Williams, Hankins, Goebel, Sabino and Ohrian Johnson is really gonna hurt us.
    It doesn't matter. Our recruiting class is going to be incredible. Undefeated season, in the coaches first season, with personnel that were not selected by him. Urban Meyer is ten steps ahead.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,476 Times in 881 Posts

While losing the DLine will hurt, we are ridiculously deep there. Case in point - Adolphus Washington running around top 15 pick Tyler Lewan. Washington, Spence, Bennet, Schutt, Hale.....they'll be fine.

As long as Roby stays, the secondary will be fine. Doran Grant and Armani Reeves will replace Howard. We still have Bryant and Barnett at safety.

Biggest question mark is obviously LB. When you convert a FB to LB mid season and he is your second best LB, you have issues.
    The Wine and Gold Knight Rises

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by col63onel View Post
    While losing the DLine will hurt, we are ridiculously deep there. Case in point - Adolphus Washington running around top 15 pick Tyler Lewan. Washington, Spence, Bennet, Schutt, Hale.....they'll be fine.

As long as Roby stays, the secondary will be fine. Doran Grant and Armani Reeves will replace Howard. We still have Bryant and Barnett at safety.

Biggest question mark is obviously LB. When you convert a FB to LB mid season and he is your second best LB, you have issues.
    I agree we should be fine on the d-line if they play up to their potential. They youth part is the scariest but OSU is pretty good at reloading there and Vrabel being their coach should only help.

I hope Roby stays and I forgot that Howard was a senior. I am actually glad that hes leaving now because I think Doran Grant is better than him. Barnett and Bryant are two really talented safteys that I am glad we have. The defensive backs should be just as good if not better next year than they were this year.

Linebacker is pretty scary. We will have Shazier back which is a positive and we will also have Curtis Grant back from injury. Josh Perry has got some playing time and seems to get the job done. I just hope they remember how to tackle next year because we had too many plays where a guy would break through a linebackers tackle and either score or get the first down.