Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 125
  1. #91
    Golden Shower Member Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Scottsdale
    Posts
    12,579
    Thanks
    4,232
    Thanked 6,963 Times in 2,096 Posts

    Default Re: Closer look at: Shabazz Muhammad

    Quote Originally Posted by adam81king View Post
    I'll probably get looked at sideways by most people for saying this, but what separated Shabazz Muhammad from Tyreke Evans? Both guys are similarly built. Both guys' games rely on dribble drives. Neither guys shoot strongly from deep. I'd probably take Shabazz over Evans because the unknown potential he has outweighs what the less-than-stellar performances Evans has put out over the last two seasons, but they are very similar players. Probably more similar than most comparisons I've seen of other players.
    What I love is that you take a 6'6 pg and compare him to a guy many are trying to convince themselves is a sf. Tyreke shot 27% from 3 as a freshman at Memphis, Shabazz is shooting 48%. Really outside of the fact they are both about the same size and black, nothing is similar in their games. Oh wait, one more thing, both have uncommon first names but common last names. There, that's the similarities.

  2. #92
    Situational Stopper
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    385
    Thanks
    374
    Thanked 203 Times in 116 Posts

    Default Re: Closer look at: Shabazz Muhammad

    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    What I love is that you take a 6'6 pg and compare him to a guy many are trying to convince themselves is a sf. Tyreke shot 27% from 3 as a freshman at Memphis, Shabazz is shooting 48%. Really outside of the fact they are both about the same size and black, nothing is similar in their games. Oh wait, one more thing, both have uncommon first names but common last names. There, that's the similarities.
    When was the last time Tyreke Evans played PG? I'll wait...

    When was the last time Tyreke Evans was a freshman at Memphis? I'll wait on that, too...

    What position does Tyreke Evans play now? Oh yeah, SG and SF. They're similarly built. Both need the ball in their hands to be successful. Both have deceptive athleticism and aggressiveness going to the rim. Neither guy is known as a shooter (Muhammad has such a small sample size in college so far--scouting reports out of high school was that he's not an adept long range shooter). Read the scouting reports on Muhammad and watch Evans play now. They are pretty similar--even if you disagree.

  3. #93
    Rising Star MGMT's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Moving to Paris, to shoot some heroin and fuck with the stars
    Posts
    1,911
    Thanks
    1,147
    Thanked 1,467 Times in 595 Posts

    Default Re: Closer look at: Shabazz Muhammad

    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    When using math and advanced trig and throwing in a little calculus, you need a completion percentage of 65% or better to be good at the pro level. Now, he has good size to play qb, so clearly he is a small forward, but because he is a full 18 points below 65%, he wont be successful in the NBA at shooting 3's.

    When using math, everything points to him being an athletic sf and not a sg. If the NBA doesnt work out, it looks like math is telling me that he could be successful as a qb in the NFL. Maybe the Browns should consider drafting him too.
    I was disagreeing with his claim that Shabazz isn't shooting well from deep. Does not compute was my way of saying it made no sense so I have no idea where the hell you're going with that.

  4. #94
    Golden Shower Member Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Scottsdale
    Posts
    12,579
    Thanks
    4,232
    Thanked 6,963 Times in 2,096 Posts

    Default Re: Closer look at: Shabazz Muhammad

    Quote Originally Posted by MGMT View Post
    I was disagreeing with his claim that Shabazz isn't shooting well from deep. Does not compute was my way of saying it made no sense so I have no idea where the hell you're going with that.
    It was me making fun of people calling shabazz a sf and other things, i was agreeing with you with allot of sarcasm.

  5. #95
    Rising Star MGMT's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Moving to Paris, to shoot some heroin and fuck with the stars
    Posts
    1,911
    Thanks
    1,147
    Thanked 1,467 Times in 595 Posts

    Default Re: Closer look at: Shabazz Muhammad

    And I agree with you that Reke and Bazz have nothing in common except being black and left-handed, so there's that.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to MGMT For This Useful Post:


  7. #96
    Golden Shower Member Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Scottsdale
    Posts
    12,579
    Thanks
    4,232
    Thanked 6,963 Times in 2,096 Posts

    Default Re: Closer look at: Shabazz Muhammad

    Quote Originally Posted by adam81king View Post
    When was the last time Tyreke Evans played PG? I'll wait...

    When was the last time Tyreke Evans was a freshman at Memphis? I'll wait on that, too...

    What position does Tyreke Evans play now? Oh yeah, SG and SF. They're similarly built. Both need the ball in their hands to be successful. Both have deceptive athleticism and aggressiveness going to the rim. Neither guy is known as a shooter (Muhammad has such a small sample size in college so far--scouting reports out of high school was that he's not an adept long range shooter). Read the scouting reports on Muhammad and watch Evans play now. They are pretty similar--even if you disagree.
    When was the last time Shabazz was a 4th year player in the NBA?

    If you dont understand the basics of scouting, i am not sure this is the forum for you. Why would you compare shabazz at 19 now to Tyreke when he is 24? You compare a 19 year old Shabazz to a 19 year old Tyreke, and they dont compare even a little bit. Its hard to find a comparison for Shabazz, because freshman dont shoot lights out. He is shooting near 50% from 3 and taking 3.5 a game. That is incredible and nothing like Tyreke.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Lee For This Useful Post:


  9. #97
    Team Player
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    885
    Thanks
    189
    Thanked 307 Times in 184 Posts

    Default Re: Closer look at: Shabazz Muhammad

    Quote Originally Posted by adam81king View Post
    When was the last time Tyreke Evans played PG? I'll wait...

    When was the last time Tyreke Evans was a freshman at Memphis? I'll wait on that, too...

    What position does Tyreke Evans play now? Oh yeah, SG and SF. They're similarly built. Both need the ball in their hands to be successful. Both have deceptive athleticism and aggressiveness going to the rim. Neither guy is known as a shooter (Muhammad has such a small sample size in college so far--scouting reports out of high school was that he's not an adept long range shooter). Read the scouting reports on Muhammad and watch Evans play now. They are pretty similar--even if you disagree.
    Tyreke played SF last year and didnt do to bad defensively he hated playing the position but what does he like to do but jack shots. Evans was a average SF and never played the position shabazz has been playing in the paint since high school and has a SF game and toughness Evans never had if Evans can play SF idont see why Shabazz cant. Shabazz isnt ball dominate ive watched every UCLA game and he comes off screens and spots up the ball is usually in Anderson or Adams hands.

  10. #98
    Golden Shower Member Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Scottsdale
    Posts
    12,579
    Thanks
    4,232
    Thanked 6,963 Times in 2,096 Posts

    Default Re: Closer look at: Shabazz Muhammad

    Quote Originally Posted by randymoss1881 View Post
    Tyreke played SF last year and didnt do to bad defensively he hated playing the position but what does he like to do but jack shots. Evans was a average SF and never played the position shabazz has been playing in the paint since high school and has a SF game and toughness Evans never had if Evans can play SF idont see why Shabazz cant. Shabazz isnt ball dominate ive watched every UCLA game and he comes off screens and spots up the ball is usually in Anderson or Adams hands.
    Shabazz is a sg, not a sf is why he shouldnt play sf. That said, if Shabazz is there i want him. I think he is going to be a special talent.

  11. #99
    Birthing All-Stars Löttery Göd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Space
    Posts
    4,060
    Thanks
    7,151
    Thanked 3,987 Times in 1,437 Posts

    Default Re: Closer look at: Shabazz Muhammad

    Quote Originally Posted by RchfldCavRaised View Post
    And THIS is how the battle was lost.
    That's funny because every team in the NBA is paying at least one guy to crunch numbers for them all day.

    And belittling what I said still doesn't change the fact that being taller only adds about an inch more for a player to reach in order to put a hand in their face. No, what I'm talking about (measurements, etc.) won't guarantee any success in the sport, but neither does anything. It's all the complete package. I'm just breaking down the measurements aspect of it right now, and that CAN be done with math. Be a dinosaur and stay in the stone age all you want, but math definitely has it's place in basketball.
    Last edited by Löttery Göd; 12-28-2012 at 04:34 PM.
    "For the Tank God so loved the world, that he gave his one and only Tank Son, Antawn Jamison, and whosoever believes in Him, will not perish, but have everlasting high draft picks." - Tank 3:16

  12. #100
    Fuk yeah, Water DionWaters's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    163
    Thanks
    77
    Thanked 400 Times in 68 Posts

    Default Re: Closer look at: Shabazz Muhammad

    I dont get why people are saying Shabazz needs the ball to be effective? Ive only watched a few of his games along with tonight's and I rarely saw him stop the ball movement. Most of his shots this game were spot up shots or on a fast break

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to DionWaters For This Useful Post:


  14. #101
    12 Reasons to Post MYoung23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    9,684
    Thanks
    409
    Thanked 4,808 Times in 1,040 Posts

    Default Re: Closer look at: Shabazz Muhammad

    I see Shabazz Muhammed and I see a player who will have to defend SGs in the NBA.

  15. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MYoung23 For This Useful Post:


  16. #102
    Birthing All-Stars Löttery Göd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Space
    Posts
    4,060
    Thanks
    7,151
    Thanked 3,987 Times in 1,437 Posts

    Default Re: Closer look at: Shabazz Muhammad

    Quote Originally Posted by DionWaters View Post
    I dont get why people are saying Shabazz needs the ball to be effective? Ive only watched a few of his games along with tonight's and I rarely saw him stop the ball movement. Most of his shots this game were spot up shots or on a fast break
    I think people just look at a box score and think that anyone who scores a lot must've automatically had the ball in their hands a lot in order to do so.
    "For the Tank God so loved the world, that he gave his one and only Tank Son, Antawn Jamison, and whosoever believes in Him, will not perish, but have everlasting high draft picks." - Tank 3:16

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Löttery Göd For This Useful Post:


  18. #103
    Rising Back Up chrisrich91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    6,903
    Thanks
    7,910
    Thanked 10,144 Times in 2,608 Posts

    Default Re: Closer look at: Shabazz Muhammad

    I'm not all that impressed by him. Seems like a very poor man's James Harden without the PG skills. So basically only Harden in terms of his scoring style, body type, and left handedness I guess.

    I like McLemore a lot more as a SG prospect, but I'm still hoping teams that draft ahead of us take the smalls and leave us with our pick of the big man litter.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to chrisrich91 For This Useful Post:


  20. #104
    Birthing All-Stars Löttery Göd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Space
    Posts
    4,060
    Thanks
    7,151
    Thanked 3,987 Times in 1,437 Posts

    Default Re: Closer look at: Shabazz Muhammad

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisrich91 View Post
    I'm not all that impressed by him. Seems like a very poor man's James Harden without the PG skills. So basically only Harden in terms of his scoring style, body type, and left handedness I guess.

    I like McLemore a lot more as a SG prospect, but I'm still hoping teams that draft ahead of us take the smalls and leave us with our pick of the big man litter.
    Giving up on the 1st overall pick so soon? We fought pretty hard for that pick last season, and we had a lot more ground to make up for than we do this season. Once Varejao is moved and Wall comes back, we'll really start rolling in the losses. Nene has already made a big impact on making the Wizards not suck as badly. Now the Hornets just need to pick it up, and we're golden.
    "For the Tank God so loved the world, that he gave his one and only Tank Son, Antawn Jamison, and whosoever believes in Him, will not perish, but have everlasting high draft picks." - Tank 3:16

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Löttery Göd For This Useful Post:


  22. #105
    Rookie Shack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    119
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 179 Times in 48 Posts

    Default Re: Closer look at: Shabazz Muhammad

    Can't help but see Wesley Matthews in this guy. Big SG/SF who can hit shots. Not sold on the rest of his game. He has the two things you don't really want in a slashing prospect, weak footspeed and middling ballhandling.

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to Shack For This Useful Post:


Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •