Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 210
  1. #151
    Hall of Farmer
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    13,635
    Thanks
    921
    Thanked 7,160 Times in 2,541 Posts

    Default Re: Man Executes Two Teen Intruders

    Quote Originally Posted by Damage View Post
    No, it's insane to suggest that, 2 teenagers with obvious issues should be dead bc the burglarized a house (Also: is it a fact that these 2 did in fact rob this guy the previous times? It's a logical assumption, just wasn't sure).

    These kids got the drug hooks into them. Let me pose it to you this way: let's say it was an iraq war veteran who broke into the house, searched for things to steal so he could feed his addiction. Would you think differently?
    Both of your statements are idiotic. If those two came into my house at night, you bet your sweet liberal ass I'm shooting these drug addicts first, asking questions second. Are you suggesting that if someone breaks into your apartment, you are asking them "do you have problems, we can get you help". If you come into somebody else's domain, you should expect consequences to your actions. If it was an Iraq veteran, I'm shooing him.

    Now I'm not saying I would execute them.

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chardon For This Useful Post:


  3. #152
    Private eyes, Watchin You Tornicade IED's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Columbus, oh
    Posts
    7,573
    Thanks
    2,013
    Thanked 4,690 Times in 2,067 Posts

    Default Re: Man Executes Two Teen Intruders

    Quote Originally Posted by Chardon View Post
    Both of your statements are idiotic. If those two came into my house at night, you bet your sweet liberal ass I'm shooting these drug addicts first, asking questions second. Are you suggesting that if someone breaks into your apartment, you are asking them "do you have problems, we can get you help". If you come into somebody else's domain, you should expect consequences to your actions. If it was an Iraq veteran, I'm shooing him.

    Now I'm not saying I would execute them.
    I was under the impression meme loving hippies didnt have guns.

  4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tornicade IED For This Useful Post:


  5. #153
    Slow Motion See Me Let Go Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    What's in your alley way? Recyclin bins or bulletcases? Brooklyn Son, what...
    Posts
    10,506
    Thanks
    358
    Thanked 352 Times in 138 Posts

    Default Re: Man Executes Two Teen Intruders

    Quote Originally Posted by Coc Rhakalu View Post
    First off, I don't own a gun so yeah you'd probably leave alive.

    But no, I'm wouldn't say that if the first shots were death shots. Although I'm of the opinion that he should have warned them and given them a chance to surrender. Still, even if he didn't and just shot them and they happened to die, that's different. There's a reason I said I don't think breaking and entering/theft is worthy of the death penalty. He executed these kids.
    LMAO...warn somebody breaking into your home? Are you serious? They ignored all the warnings by coming into the home...that's the whole point of the law saying you can now react with deadly force.

    Do you want to hold a conversation with them first? Find out if they are doing ok? How old they are? If they ar eon drugs? What weapons, if any, they have? Assess the whole situation before then firing? You would end up like Shawn Taylor more often than not in your situation.
    http://realcavsfans.com/signaturepics/sigpic4_1.gif
    More Than A Club!

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mac For This Useful Post:


  7. #154
    Slow Motion See Me Let Go Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    What's in your alley way? Recyclin bins or bulletcases? Brooklyn Son, what...
    Posts
    10,506
    Thanks
    358
    Thanked 352 Times in 138 Posts

    Default Re: Man Executes Two Teen Intruders

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    In one breath you claim you're not defending him, at the same time you say you would never convict this murderer of any charge.

    Yet I am the one who sounds stupid? This is the second post where I have called out your contradictory stances. Choose a side and stick with it. Either the guy is a murderer and you should charge him as such, or you are pro-execution style murders in peoples' basements if the victims are committing a felony. Which is it? You have a lot of nerve discussing comprehension levels when you can't even stick to your story here.
    Im not a lawyer, it's not my job to defend him. I've already told you that he went way beyond what a reasonable person would do. But no, I am not convicting him because felons don't have rights. They took the risk of going in there like the pieces of shit they are and they deserve anything they got coming to them.

    The world is better off without these two in it. Multiple felony acts before the age of 18 with a drug problem. Not losing any sleep over that.
    http://realcavsfans.com/signaturepics/sigpic4_1.gif
    More Than A Club!

  8. #155
    WGAF/WGAS Damage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The Jungle
    Posts
    10,344
    Thanks
    5,408
    Thanked 8,143 Times in 2,469 Posts

    Default Re: Man Executes Two Teen Intruders

    Quote Originally Posted by Chardon View Post
    Both of your statements are idiotic. If those two came into my house at night, you bet your sweet liberal ass I'm shooting these drug addicts first, asking questions second. Are you suggesting that if someone breaks into your apartment, you are asking them "do you have problems, we can get you help". If you come into somebody else's domain, you should expect consequences to your actions. If it was an Iraq veteran, I'm shooing him.

    Now I'm not saying I would execute them.
    As is your reading comprehension.

    Look tiny, your bolded portion is precisely what I was talking about. Did I ever once say shooting them was out of line? No. Did they deserve to die? That's co-dependant on how they died, which was a fucking execution style murder after they were maimed and unable to cause bodily harm to the homeowner.

    So no, because of the nature in which they died, they did not deserve it. The Iraq thing was placed in there to question do we hold certain people of higher standards just because of their background (Iraq vets are notoriously known to be hooked on oxy's and extremely high arrest records for breaking and entering) or is a burglar a burglar, no matter the reason (i.e. do you arrest and throw away the keys on someone caught stealing shit to sell so they can feed their family type of thing).

    Google search laws of reasoning then come back to the game, sonny.

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Damage For This Useful Post:


  10. #156
    Or Also Schtick Little Seizer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    29,231
    Thanks
    24,640
    Thanked 28,815 Times in 9,204 Posts

    Default Re: Man Executes Two Teen Intruders

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Just seems like an unnecessarily melodramatic, fatalistic, narcissistic point of view to me. But oh well.
    It's fatalistic and narcissistic for sure. There's a lot of oxygen thieves out there who i wish weren't around. There's also nobody I'd be willing to kill without mine or my family's life being at risk, because my life is worth more than theirs and I enjoy my life without intruding on others. Narcissistic or not, it's not about me. It's about people like this guy and people like those kids.

    Melodramatic...I don't see it. I'm expressing a stance based on 29 years of observation of all walks of life. Some people just aren't good for society, not sure why that's difficult to admit. I'm not saying I'd kill those people. Just that...I don't want them around. It's the opposite of dramatic.


    Quote Originally Posted by Damage View Post
    I forgot how impeccable your background was. You're insane.
    I don't know what this means. I didn't state that I was perfect or really make this about anything other than my opinion that society is better off without people that break into houses on a regular basis.For the record...I've never been addicted to drugs, stolen anything or broken into anyone's house.
    Taking up to 10 $10 bets LeBron does not return to Cleveland on his next contract. If you think he is, bet me $10.

    Proceeds will go to a charity or cause that we agree upon.

    Bettors:
    DougHeil, shoes22, warddj86, jonzee330, bushwick_bill, gourimoko

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Seizer For This Useful Post:


  12. #157
    HEY!! Mike Brown... Deezus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC/Columbus, OH
    Posts
    3,615
    Thanks
    10,222
    Thanked 6,206 Times in 1,909 Posts

    Default Re: Man Executes Two Teen Intruders

    Jigo, My problem with your opinion is that you assume that these kids, of whom you know little about, would never be good for society... at the ripe old age of 17 and 18. I'm with you in regards to the opinion that there are an abundance of people who aren't good for society at all... and I'd like them gone too. The issue I have is how do you know who these people are? Where is the line drawn? For you, these kids being 18 years old hooked, on drugs, and breaking into a house was enough to say "good riddance". For me, I still think these kids could have still had great lives... I wonder how many 17 or 18 year olds get hooked on heroin, meth, or some other ridiculous drug and make these kinds of mistakes while they're young, only to end up as contributing members of society in the future. Sure, I know that the majority of kids in their position probably end up as drains on society, but how do you know these kids were destined for that? This line of thinking is too simplistic, shortsighted, and somewhat dangerous. It essentially implies that "you" can tell at some point in a person's life that they're going to be a net negative on society.


    In summary, its ridiculous to say these kids "deserved" what they got (not referring to you, Jigo.) They didn't "deserve" to die and I wouldn't even say they "deserved" to get shot (in the sense that the chance of killing someone by shooting them isn't an appropriate punishment for breaking in someone's house and stealing material items from them). That being said, just because they didn't "deserve" to get shot doesn't mean that they shouldn't have expected it as a possible outcome of their actions. For that reason, and for the fact that the homeowner had the right to protect himself from a potentially dangerous intruder, I don't feel and sadness or sorrow over the fact these kids got shot... I do, however, feel horrible that they were killed, execution style, after they were clearly not a threat to the homeowner's safety. I also feel bad, in general, after reading this thread and hearing how some people say these kids deserved to die. Its ridiculous, and its disappointing... mostly because I would love to think that our society is moving past this type of violent "black and white.... you desreve to die because you're scum and you broke the law" type of thinking.
    Last edited by Deezus; 11-30-2012 at 01:22 PM.

  13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Deezus For This Useful Post:


  14. #158
    formerly LJ4MVP KI4MVP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    11,036
    Thanks
    2,683
    Thanked 5,925 Times in 2,168 Posts

    Default Re: Man Executes Two Teen Intruders

    I have a question. Why is it assumed these kids were on drugs? Am I the only one who read this:

    Johnson, 68, said he returned from Spain Sunday evening to find drawers pulled out and cupboard doors open. At first, he said, he thought the friend watching his house was playing a joke, but as he went from room to room and discovered a sliding glass door had been smashed, he realized he had been robbed.

    He said his prescriptions to treat diabetes and control cholesterol were missing, along with some foreign coins and pennies. He said his friend checked the home Wednesday and everything was fine.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2204164.html

    and

    Richard Johnson, the retired Little Falls High School teacher who authorities believe also fell victim to a burglary by Kifer and Brady, showed a reporter the French door where the thieves entered his elegant Tudor house after smashing the glass while standing on his deck.

    He said the thieves rifled most of the drawers in the home but took only coins of little value and his non-narcotic prescription drugs.
    http://www.startribune.com/local/181189391.html?refer=y

    How did we jump from that to assuming they were strung out on Oxy and Meth? it's possible they were on drugs, but there's no evidence that I've seen to simply assume it as fact.

    As a father of 6, I know teenagers make mistakes. I also have seen that the mistakes they make at 17 and 18 don't necessarily reflect the kind of person they will be even a year or two later.
    Last edited by KI4MVP; 11-30-2012 at 01:46 PM.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to KI4MVP For This Useful Post:


  16. #159
    Private eyes, Watchin You Tornicade IED's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Columbus, oh
    Posts
    7,573
    Thanks
    2,013
    Thanked 4,690 Times in 2,067 Posts

    Default Re: Man Executes Two Teen Intruders

    Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    Im not a lawyer, it's not my job to defend him. I've already told you that he went way beyond what a reasonable person would do. But no, I am not convicting him because felons don't have rights. They took the risk of going in there like the pieces of shit they are and they deserve anything they got coming to them.

    The world is better off without these two in it. Multiple felony acts before the age of 18 with a drug problem. Not losing any sleep over that.
    In the State of Minnesota entering a dwelling without consent is a misdeamenor. entering a building with an intent to commit a misdmeanor other than theft is a 4th degree felony.

    at no point has there been any establishment on the intruders intent when they entered the home. they very well could of thought the place was vacant.


    there is no evidence linking them to the october 27th burglary.

    The homeowner sat in waiting and shot the people without actually seeing them.

    Minnesota Statute 609.605
    Trespass


    2 lifes lost and one life ruined isnt really something to take joy in. the fct that they were intruders at all is still alleged.

    of course the information coming out now pretty much confirms what their intent was and that the homeowner most likely was being robbed repeatedly.

    http://www.startribune.com/local/181189391.html?refer=y

    but ultimately this is a sad story in which there were no winners. I dont see the teens as victims. but their deaths in a situation or lifestyle they had committed themselves to ruined this guys life.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Tornicade IED For This Useful Post:


  18. #160
    Rising Star Tlyons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,204
    Thanks
    3,947
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 505 Posts

    Default Re: Man Executes Two Teen Intruders

    Come on man. Half of you would shoot yourself in the leg. Get your gun, prepare to use it, yell that you have it, and call 911. If you fear for your life than obviously it may not happen in that order. And like this guy you may have to use deadly force if you feel you need to.

  19. #161
    Or Also Schtick Little Seizer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    29,231
    Thanks
    24,640
    Thanked 28,815 Times in 9,204 Posts

    Default Re: Man Executes Two Teen Intruders

    Fairly certain this was second degree burglary in Minnesota.
    Taking up to 10 $10 bets LeBron does not return to Cleveland on his next contract. If you think he is, bet me $10.

    Proceeds will go to a charity or cause that we agree upon.

    Bettors:
    DougHeil, shoes22, warddj86, jonzee330, bushwick_bill, gourimoko

  20. #162
    WGAF/WGAS Damage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The Jungle
    Posts
    10,344
    Thanks
    5,408
    Thanked 8,143 Times in 2,469 Posts

    Default Re: Man Executes Two Teen Intruders

    Quote Originally Posted by IO_OGIJ View Post
    It's fatalistic and narcissistic for sure. There's a lot of oxygen thieves out there who i wish weren't around. There's also nobody I'd be willing to kill without mine or my family's life being at risk, because my life is worth more than theirs and I enjoy my life without intruding on others. Narcissistic or not, it's not about me. It's about people like this guy and people like those kids.

    Melodramatic...I don't see it. I'm expressing a stance based on 29 years of observation of all walks of life. Some people just aren't good for society, not sure why that's difficult to admit. I'm not saying I'd kill those people. Just that...I don't want them around. It's the opposite of dramatic.




    I don't know what this means. I didn't state that I was perfect or really make this about anything other than my opinion that society is better off without people that break into houses on a regular basis.For the record...I've never been addicted to drugs, stolen anything or broken into anyone's house.
    My problem with your stance is your logic dismisses an abundance of variables that play into the equation. These kids broke into a house, therefore they must be 100% negative to society, thus "earning" their death.

    It's fine to hold your opinion, but you make it an absolute with too much grey area.

  21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Damage For This Useful Post:


  22. #163
    Hall of Farmer
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    13,635
    Thanks
    921
    Thanked 7,160 Times in 2,541 Posts

    Default Re: Man Executes Two Teen Intruders

    This is quickly heading down the Zimmerman-Trayvon thread. I'm going to get the popcorn.

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to Chardon For This Useful Post:


  24. #164
    Slice & Dice SuperSurge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Sarasota, Florida
    Posts
    6,113
    Thanks
    5,240
    Thanked 6,467 Times in 2,149 Posts

    Default Re: Man Executes Two Teen Intruders


  25. #165
    Slow Motion See Me Let Go Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    What's in your alley way? Recyclin bins or bulletcases? Brooklyn Son, what...
    Posts
    10,506
    Thanks
    358
    Thanked 352 Times in 138 Posts

    Default Re: Man Executes Two Teen Intruders

    Quote Originally Posted by Tornicade View Post
    In the State of Minnesota entering a dwelling without consent is a misdeamenor. entering a building with an intent to commit a misdmeanor other than theft is a 4th degree felony.

    at no point has there been any establishment on the intruders intent when they entered the home. they very well could of thought the place was vacant.


    there is no evidence linking them to the october 27th burglary.

    The homeowner sat in waiting and shot the people without actually seeing them.

    Minnesota Statute 609.605
    Trespass


    2 lifes lost and one life ruined isnt really something to take joy in. the fct that they were intruders at all is still alleged.

    of course the information coming out now pretty much confirms what their intent was and that the homeowner most likely was being robbed repeatedly.

    http://www.startribune.com/local/181189391.html?refer=y

    but ultimately this is a sad story in which there were no winners. I dont see the teens as victims. but their deaths in a situation or lifestyle they had committed themselves to ruined this guys life.
    They broke into a home right before they broke into this guys house and they stole pills among other items. Pretty safe to say they knew the home wasn't vacate and that they were there to burglarize the residence.
    http://realcavsfans.com/signaturepics/sigpic4_1.gif
    More Than A Club!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •