Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Rookie
    Thanks

Default Time to put Tyler Zeller in the starting lineup?

I know he struggles against bigger players in the post and will get in foul trouble early most likely, but maybe this would wake up Tristan's game (if that's possible, not trying to rip on him) and I like what I've seen from Tyler Zeller so far.... Anything at this point might be worth a shot in my opinion....

Thanks

Default Re: Time to put Tyler Zeller in the starting lineup?

Man I wouldve STARTED the season with Andy and Zeller starting. Just for the size. TT wouldve had to be killing it for me to start him if I were SCott

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kizzle For This Useful Post:

Mike Brown's Dietitian killerkev369's Avatar
    Thanks

Bad idea. Zeller is as raw as Thompson is, and Zeller stayed at UNC longer than Thompson stayed at Texas. Thompson's fast growth and potential is practically the only reason why they took him, which is why he should get the minutes. Zeller might be able to score more, but Thompson is most definitely a greater hustle player and a very good rebounder for his size. Just keep Thompson in there and let him play out the season and we'll see how our center position pans out over the course of this year.

**LUKE JACKSON SUPPORTER**

Quote Originally Posted by gratefuldead View Post
    i for one am excited to have a big goofy lookin white guy i can yell "ZZZZeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" at when he shoots the ball

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to killerkev369 For This Useful Post:

Private eyes, Watchin You Tornicade IED's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,706 Times in 2,073 Posts

I have no problems with the Cavs starting Zeller. regardless of whether he starts Thompson or av

Rookie
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by killerkev369 View Post
    Bad idea. Zeller is as raw as Thompson is, and Zeller stayed at UNC longer than Thompson stayed at Texas. Thompson's fast growth and potential is practically the only reason why they took him, which is why he should get the minutes. Zeller might be able to score more, but Thompson is most definitely a greater hustle player and a very good rebounder for his size. Just keep Thompson in there and let him play out the season and we'll see how our center position pans out over the course of this year.
    I think for the most Tristan is a very good hustle player but I am frustrated at his lack of blocked shots thus far because he has the ABILITY to block shots but doesn't seem to be trying very hard in that particular aspect of the game (maybe I am wrong but blocked shots are also hustle statistics in my book). I disagree that Tyler is more raw than Tristan though, offensively he is light years ahead of Tristan and defensively, he is only slightly behind him in my opinion. At this point in the season, I guess I would like to see both of these guys get as much experience and playing time as possible to develop....

Thanks
    Thanked 1,552 Times in 605 Posts

After he gets that mask off his face I wouldn't mind putting him in the starting lineup. He is way more of an outside scoring threat than TT is and a more fundamentally sound player overall. Wouldn't mind throwing him out there with Andy to see what he could do with the starting line up. I think his mask is bothering him a lot and has shaken his confidence a bit. I think he will better once he recovers.

Also, with Andy making some 15 footers, having Zeller out there would open up the lane for Dion a little bit more and help polish his finishing skills a little more.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rondo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 9,305 Times in 3,625 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rondo View Post
    After he gets that mask off his face I wouldn't mind putting him in the starting lineup. He is way more of an outside scoring threat than TT is and a more fundamentally sound player overall. Wouldn't mind throwing him out there with Andy to see what he could do with the starting line up. I think his mask is bothering him a lot and has shaken his confidence a bit. I think he will better once he recovers.

Also, with Andy making some 15 footers, having Zeller out there would open up the lane for Dion a little bit more and help polish his finishing skills a little more.
    Not if he doesn't actually make a damn shot outside of the lane, which he hasn't done all season (even pre-injury). His shooting has been quite underwhelming.
    Quote Originally Posted by David.
    Idiot

Thanks
    Thanked 2,014 Times in 918 Posts

I'd love to see it, but not really because anything great TZ has done. I just think TT to the bench is an inevitable move. Maybe more mins vs back-ups will get his confidence/game going a bit.

Thanks

I really don't see a reason to. He's really not doing that much better than Tristian.

Thanks

His defense is non-existent and he hasn't hit a shot outside of the paint thus far (as previously mentioned). No.

/thread

Private eyes, Watchin You Tornicade IED's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,706 Times in 2,073 Posts

Im curious why on a team that is building why starting zeller would necessitate Thompson going to the bench?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,014 Times in 918 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tornicade View Post
    Im curious why on a team that is building why starting zeller would necessitate Thompson going to the bench?
    Why not? We've seen the frontcourt combo of Andy and TT enough to know what it is. I'd like to see what TZ could do playing next to Andy for some meaningful minutes. TT could still get similar minutes coming off the bench. It also gets to test some of these theories out there that TT's rebounding would be better if not for Andy. If Andy is going to be kept for when we are supposed to be contending, there's no reason to see if this duo works out well. It also allows Andy to move back to PF, where he really belongs. TZ may not be killing it from the perimeter right now, but that could change quickly getting starters minutes playing next to Andy. It helps unclog the paint more, as well, which is great for the whole team. TT is not an option on offense for the first team. Maybe coming off the bench he gets a little more use(not that I think that's going to be pretty).

TT can develop just fine watching to start games. It may even help.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,953 Times in 2,095 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tornicade View Post
    You are just baiting us to say because Andy is a starter.

But seriously, Andy cant be benched if for no other reason we need to continue to showcase his under rated skills for a trade.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lee For This Useful Post:

Rookie
    Thanks

Tyler Zeller looks really good so far tonight against Atlanta but I probably just jinxed him by posting this. He actually might be more valuable this season coming off the bench...

Rising Star
    Thanks

Zeller isn't ready to start.