Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,285 Times in 1,774 Posts

Default Re: Game.#16: Cleveland Cavaliers @ Atlanta Hawks - Friday, Nov. 30th 7:30 P.M ET

The Good

+ Anderson Varejao - 20 points, 18 rebounds (7 offensive), 3 assists, 7-12 FG
    + Tristan Thompson - 6 points, 15 rebounds (6 offensive), 2 steals, 1 block
    + Dion Waiters - 21 points, 7 assists, 7-7 FT shooting
    + Jeremy Pargo - 22 points, 9-13 FG
    + Omri Casspi - 8 points, 2-3 3PS, 3 rebounds, 2 steals (13 minutes)
    + Tyler Zeller - 10 points, 3 rebounds, 2 blocks

Thanks
    Thanked 2,015 Times in 788 Posts

Default Re: Game.#16: Cleveland Cavaliers @ Atlanta Hawks - Friday, Nov. 30th 7:30 P.M ET

Quote Originally Posted by mds View Post
    It is possible they wanted an early 3 knowing we were killing them on the offensive glass. Who knew it'd be Gee to get the tip in.
    This is the exact reason why you take that shot with 5 sec's on the clock, Dion was probably told to take the first half decent look he had if I had to conjur a guess

Thanks
    Thanked 2,015 Times in 788 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SRStark20 View Post
    The Good

+Anderson Varejao - 20 points, 18 rebounds (7 offensive), 3 assists, 7-12 FG
    + Tristan Thompson - 6 points, 15 rebounds (6 offensive), 2 steals, 1 block
    + Dion Waiters - 21 points, 7 assists, 7-7 FT shooting
    + Jeremy Pargo - 22 points, 9-13 FG
    + Omri Casspi - 8 points, 2-3 3PS, 3 rebounds, 2 steals (13 minutes)+ Tyler Zeller - 10 points, 3 rebounds, 2 blocks
    Ass fingers has only had 3 games this year where he's shot under 50% from inside the arch and only 1 where he shot less than 50 from outside..granted he hasn't played a ton of minutes

Def looks like his J is better and i wouldn't mind seeing him get some more run to see if it continues

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KB For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,285 Times in 1,774 Posts

1-0 in an era without Luke Harangody.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stark For This Useful Post:

Dazed and Confused FlatulenciaRoar's Avatar
    Thanks

Pargo, Waiters, Zeller, Varejao, and Thompson didn't miss a FT!
    The problem with doing nothing is that I never know when I'm done.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hud11 View Post
    Do the cavs have a legit backup pg in pargo? He looks to be solid, good driver, can knock some shots down. That's another needed piece. Just need a some above average starting forwards and we might not be so bad
    i think it's safe to say Pargo is legit at this point. the dude looks very solid...so solid that i wonder why he wasn't Kyrie's backup to start the season. he's got everything you want in a PG - good court vision, can set up others, and can score on his own as well. he also has really good quickness off the dribble. he has had some really explosive drives where he just blows by his man.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,618 Times in 1,433 Posts

Regarding Andy and Tristan and their dominance on the board, offensive especially. With their numbers tonight, you would have though they each played 42-35 minutes. Nope. Andy: 18 rebounds in 35 minutes. Tristan: 15 rebounds in 32 minutes.

Regarding free throws: We know they won't hit at that clip all the time but it is good see that we have a team of above average free throw shooters(besides Tristan). It was especially encouraging to see Dion go 7/7 at the line. A: for the obvious fact that it shows he can shoot free throws well. B: because he needs to see the advantage, necessity, and reward in taking the ball to hole, both in points scored via makes and free throws but also the opportunities for easy assists.

Regarding Pargo: I remember getting occasionally encouraged by Sloan late last year, thinking he could possibly be a legit backup PG to Kyrie. But ultimately, Sloans body, game, and skills just aren't there. It's early, and consistency is key, but Pargo seems like someone who could make a case to be a legit part of the rotation, as a 12-15 minute a game back up. I only saw the last 5 minutes of the game, so for those who have seen more of him, where is his defense right now? Is it awful, serviceable, or decent?

Regarding Gee: I think he is playing two slots up. Kyrie should be the primary offensive creator. Followed by Dion and eventually a SF or PF who is offensively skilled and consistent. Then Gee should be a 4th or 5th option as far as playmaking. With Kyrie out and without that piece at SF/PF, Gee essentially has to play a few slots up on the playmaker ladder than he is ready for or may ever be capable of. This is a necessity and I think we're being a little hard on him considering. I still think that compared to last year, his playmaking skills on offensive are better, he just needs to be exhibiting them less often and more efficiently. With everything else he contributes to this team, I want to see him around long term, slotted into an appropriate role.
    Last edited by MirORich; 11-30-2012 at 10:25 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MirORich For This Useful Post:

The Bushido doctrine Homer Safari's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,142 Times in 2,268 Posts

byron just said the whole team is gving waiters grief about the three and Scott said he thought he had him one on one.

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Homer Safari For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MirORich View Post
    Regarding Andy and Tristan and their dominance on the board, offensive especially. With their numbers tonight, you would have though they each played 42-35 minutes. Nope. Andy: 18 rebounds in 35 minutes. Tristan: 15 rebounds in 32 minutes......
    I think the minutes played in the rotation was a key to winning this game. After melting down late in the last few games, everyone played about 30 minutes, and the bench relief was pretty solid thanks to strong showings by Zeller, Gibson and Casspi. When Kyrie returns, and you plug in Pargo for Sloans minutes, and Kyrie for Pargo minutes. We should be able to beat the bad to middling teams like Atlanta. Still not ready to compete with the really good teams for 48 minutes.
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit - Aristotle as quoted by Shaq..

Thanks

Cavaliers coach Byron Scott wanted Waiters to attempt a higher-percentage shot. ''Yeah, I guess I've got to be a little more specific and say, 'Try to get to the basket,''' Scott said. Source: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/gee-lif...2160--nba.html
    I like Scott's assessments. He doesn't equivocate.

The Bushido doctrine Homer Safari's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,142 Times in 2,268 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CleveRocks View Post
    I think the minutes played in the rotation was a key to winning this game. After melting down late in the last few games, everyone played about 30 minutes, and the bench relief was pretty solid thanks to strong showings by Zeller, Gibson and Casspi. When Kyrie returns, and you plug in Pargo for Sloans minutes, and Kyrie for Pargo minutes. We should be able to beat the bad to middling teams like Atlanta. Still not ready to compete with the really good teams for 48 minutes.
    Cavs are 2-2 without Irving against winning teams.