Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Hall of Famer
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,867 Times in 4,138 Posts

Default Re: The Lakers thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mdog1 View Post
    Don't know how legit this is, but if it's true...

Pau Gasol has been traded to the Atlanta Hawks in exchange for Josh Smith. The move was finalized late this afternoon and was "a trade that needed to be made" according to Hawks GM Danny Ferry. More information to come as it is released.

http://nbanewsinsider.blogspot.ca/20...th-traded.html
    Why would the Hawks make that trade?

Also, until I see it on an actual news site and not some dude's blog, it's bullshit.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jack Brickman For This Useful Post:

Birthing All-Stars Free Agency God's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,575 Times in 1,555 Posts

Here's a thought. If we draft well and look really, really enticing with our young, talented youth, what if we signed Dwight in the off-season? I'm not siding either way how I'd feel about it. He's an amazing player, but his maturity is worse than LeBron's ever was (scary), and he has had recent back issues and has said that he will move at the drop of a hat to any team that will give him the best chance of winning a championship, meaning low loyalty factor.

Just a thought.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,989 Times in 779 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RMsDanielGibson View Post
    Here's a thought. If we draft well and look really, really enticing with our young, talented youth, what if we signed Dwight in the off-season? I'm not siding either way how I'd feel about it. He's an amazing player, but his maturity is worse than LeBron's ever was (scary), and he has had recent back issues and has said that he will move at the drop of a hat to any team that will give him the best chance of winning a championship, meaning low loyalty factor.

Just a thought.
    0% chance of happening. Zero way a guy like Howard signs here. First off, we're Cleveland. Second off, no one's going to say "man, after another year of tanking for the lottery, that Cleveland looks like they are ready to contend!"

Not saying we won't ever attract a good FA with some good young piece, but not Howard, and probably not this offseason.