Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Thanks

Default Re: Jovan Belcher and Gun Control

According to the law... Please note AUTOMATIC weapons are illegal since 1986.

Semi-automatic rifles able to accept detachable magazines and two or more of the following:
    Folding or telescoping stock
    Pistol grip
    Bayonet mount
    Flash suppressor, or threaded barrel designed to accommodate one
    Grenade launcher (more precisely, a muzzle device that enables launching or firing rifle grenades, though this applies only to muzzle mounted grenade launchers and not those mounted externally).

Semi-automatic pistols with detachable magazines and two or more of the following:
    Magazine that attaches outside the pistol grip
    Threaded barrel to attach barrel extender, flash suppressor, handgrip, or suppressor
    Barrel shroud that can be used as a hand-hold
    Unloaded weight of 50 oz (1.4 kg) or more
    A semi-automatic version of a fully automatic firearm.

Semi-automatic shotguns with two or more of the following:
    Folding or telescoping stock
    Pistol grip
    Fixed capacity of more than 5 rounds
    Detachable magazine.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,113 Times in 1,147 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
    Marcus, I am positive 99.9% of our military is on our side if shit goes down.
    It would just be an incredibly uncomfortable situation for us to be in. Imagine being tasked with cracking down on the very people you're supposed to be protecting. I can't even fathom doing it. Hell, so many of the people in the service now are just young kids trying to pay their way through school. That's the reason I joined to begin with, not because I had any vested interest in killing Taliban or blowing shit up. Of course with time your opinion and perspective changes, but the truth of the matter is that a very large chunk of the military now is kids fresh out of (or in some cases, still in) high school, between the ages of 17-21, who are just trying to jump start a good future for themselves.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Marcus For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Phills, I took the liberty to mark in red what makes an assault rifle an assault rifle. Any rifle with 2 or more of the red circled items is an assault rifle. I hope after seeing this maybe you understand a little bit more about these weapons and why people think the fear of them is so crazy.

I actually am in love with shooting because the science of a long distance shot amazes me. What it takes to put a bullet on a 10" circle of steel from 1000 yards away is truly awesome. It's like the funnest math problem ever.

Everything matters and has to be taken into consideration. The altitude, the wind, the barometric pressure, the dew point, the temperature, the ammo you are using, and sometimes even the spin of the earth itself.

The offer still stands if any of you are interested in having some fun and learning some science. PM me
    Last edited by Notorious; 12-07-2012 at 12:17 AM.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Notorious For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Marcus,

I don't think many join outside of the reasons you joined. All I can say is I respect you a whole bunch and hope you achieve what you're hoping to achieve. Thanks for you service, I will never forget it.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Notorious For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
    Phills, I took the liberty to mark in red what makes an assault rifle an assault rifle. Any rifle with 2 or more of the red circled items is an assault rifle. I hope after seeing this maybe you understand a little bit more about these weapons and why people think the fear of them is so crazy.

I actually am in love with shooting because the science of a long distance shot amazes me. What it takes to put a bullet on a 10" circle of steel from 1000 yards away is truly awesome. It's like the funnest math problem ever.

Everything matters and has to be taken into consideration. The altitude, the wind, the barometric pressure, the dew point, the temperature, the ammo you are using, and sometimes even the spin of the earth itself.

The offer still stands if any of you are interested in having some fun and learning some science. PM me
    Not only that, but damn, you just can't beat the smell of gun powder and the crack of a rifle on a range.

... except when it's like 10 degrees out and you have to shoot and there's a metric fuckton worth of snow on the ground around you and swirling in the air, screwing with your visibility and sight picture, among other things. Never was a fan of that

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marcus For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 26,605 Times in 4,029 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IO_OGIJ View Post
    Has anyone noticed that Max has become crazier and crazier lately? It's as if he's got Damage whispering in one ear and X tonguing the other.

The crazy guy has 10K worth of gold, two generators, a filtration sytem that lasts 8 years and guns that a customer is selling me in the next 3 weeks. Damage and I will be picking off intruders and surviving while you are getting eaten by Uncle Gary. Suck it...

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Maximus For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,960 Times in 1,815 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    The crazy guy has 10K worth of gold, two generators, a filtration sytem that lasts 8 years and guns that a customer is selling me in the next 3 weeks. Damage and I will be picking off intruders and surviving while you are getting eaten by Uncle Gary. Suck it...
    Can I bunker down with you when the world is in an uproar? I will bring my private arsenal.

Kind of unrelated, I really really want one of the Tumblers from the Dark Knight series. Those things are badass. It will be my private tank.
    My relationship with Northeast Ohio is bigger than basketball. I didnít realize that four years ago. I do now.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,683 Times in 9,782 Posts

Who's Uncle Gary?
    Thanks everyone for the LeBron bets. All debts are paid on your behalves. I was happy to lose.

I need your wifes number
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,874 Times in 611 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IO_OGIJ View Post
    Who's Uncle Gary?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cavman View Post

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Marcus For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,725 Times in 1,168 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KI4MVP View Post
    The guns were the problem with prohibition/drug war.

And I don't get the drunk driving argument. Drinking isn't the problem. Drinking and driving is the problem. Which is why society makes it illegal. If anything, we are too tolerant with DUIs. There really is no excuse. If you can afford to go out and get drunk, you can afford a taxi ride.
    people with guns do it far more efficiently, and at far greater distances, than people without guns.
    The rate of private gun ownership per 100 people
    United States 88.82
    United Kingdom is 6.72

The annual rate of firearm homicide per 100,000 population
    United States 2.98
    United Kingdom 0.03

the non firearm murder rate is roughly the same between the two countries
    first time viewing this thread, and I see KI4MVP is against gun ownership...surprise surprise

If an older woman who goes after younger men is a "cougar," is an older man who goes after younger boys a "nittany lion?"

Thanks
    Thanked 3,725 Times in 1,168 Posts

1 - pistols aren't used for things like the Virginia Tech or the Dark Knight Rises shootings. It stands to reason that less people would be injured or killed in incidents like that if the shooters only had pistols.

2 - there is zero chance civilians in the US could defeat the US military. The 300 million guns in the country would be no match for tanks, jets and bombs.
    300,000,000 armed Americans is a formidable force

tanks and jets eventually run out of gas...also, no one thought a bunch of farmers, minutemen, and die-hard American patriots would take down the British

If an older woman who goes after younger men is a "cougar," is an older man who goes after younger boys a "nittany lion?"

19. The Following User Says Thank You to KCOTT For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,961 Times in 2,510 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    I saw an "end of the world" style movie once, don't remember which one now. But the guy thought he was the last person left on earth. When he finally does see someone else, the first thing he does is shoot at them.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,074 Times in 717 Posts

I saw an "end of the world" style movie once, don't remember which one now. But the guy thought he was the last person left on earth. When he finally does see someone else, the first thing he does is shoot at them.
    Check out a boy and his dog. It's an older movie, but it's fantastic, and it has a great ending.
    I've been nothing but complementary of Weeden.
    -b00bie

Thanks
    Thanked 6,961 Times in 2,510 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KCOTT View Post
    first time viewing this thread, and I see KI4MVP is against gun ownership...surprise surprise
    I think gun safety in this country could be improved.

Another headline yesterday, a 4 year old accidentally shot and killed his 2 year old brother playing. I don't know how any gun owner could be against improving gun safety in our country to help prevent this sort of tragedy. Like with most things, neither extreme position is the best answer.