Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Far Cry 3

Co-Owner Paddy's Pub Frank Reynolds's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,798 Times in 950 Posts

Default Re: Far Cry 3

Okay Brickman, so I took your advice and picked up Far Cry 3 for the 360. Awesome game thus far. It's really kind of like a Red Dead Redemption, only much better. It's definitely a really fun game, and Jack is right the voice acting and characters are phenomenal.

I'm thinking that I could beat this game by the end of the week, which is my plan. Only problem with these games is the replay value, after a while these types of games usually just collect dust. I'm not one to complete every single side mission or anything like that. I will definitely complete the main story and then probably try to sell it back to GameStop while it's a hot title.

I really need to get a new controller considering how gimpy my original one is.

Overall, very cool game. Check it out.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,493 Times in 601 Posts

Diving into open water to get the skin of the shark you just killed is terrifying.

Thanks

Anyone played the co-op yet?

Thanks

Just picked this game up today and the animals can be a real bastard. Doing some hunting and crafting before I move too far into the story.

Hall of Famer
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,797 Times in 4,119 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Casualties14 View Post
    Just picked this game up today and the animals can be a real bastard. Doing some hunting and crafting before I move too far into the story.
    Yeah one of the keys is getting at least to the second holster (so you can hold three weapons) as soon as possible. Having three weapons gives you so many more options in every encounter, and it's very helpful for hunting as well.

Make sure you use your map. It gives you a good idea of where you can find certain types of animals.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Brickman View Post
    Yeah one of the keys is getting at least to the second holster (so you can hold three weapons) as soon as possible. Having three weapons gives you so many more options in every encounter, and it's very helpful for hunting as well.

Make sure you use your map. It gives you a good idea of where you can find certain types of animals.
    I managed to max my holster already. Took an outpost and decided to take one of the boats with a turret and as soon as I took off saw two sharks, killed them and can now holster 4 weapons

Hall of Famer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Casualties14 View Post
    I managed to max my holster already. Took an outpost and decided to take one of the boats with a turret and as soon as I took off saw two sharks, killed them and can now holster 4 weapons
    Nice. Yeah, I still need to go kill some sharks. I haven't really played much Far Cry 3 the past week. Had a busy weekend of non-gaming activities and then kind of got hooked back into Team Fortress 2. Also finally got around to playing the final episode of The Walking Dead (seriously, buy that fucking game). I'm off Thursday and Friday and then obviously most of next week, though, so I'll probably hit Far Cry back up then.

Hall of Famer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyMP3 View Post
    Diving into open water to get the skin of the shark you just killed is terrifying.
    You were right man that was fucking terrifying. I just did the Path of the Hunter shark mission and was so worried I'd get eaten by the other sharks before I got my shark skin.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,289 Times in 1,776 Posts

I've been watching some let's plays and I am really impressed with how this looks.

Halo 4 has been bumped off my want list. Gonna pick this up with whatever cash I get from the holiday season.

Hall of Famer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SRStark20 View Post
    I've been watching some let's plays and I am really impressed with how this looks.

Halo 4 has been bumped off my want list. Gonna pick this up with whatever cash I get from the holiday season.
    You made the right decision. I own Halo 4 and have barely played it because Far Cry 3 is much more interesting.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,493 Times in 601 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Brickman View Post
    You were right man that was fucking terrifying. I just did the Path of the Hunter shark mission and was so worried I'd get eaten by the other sharks before I got my shark skin.
    When I first started playing FC3, I was heading to a radio tower and there was a river in front of where I needed to go. Instead of walking around and finding a bridge to walk across, I decided to just jump in and swim. As soon as I jumped in, I was attacked by a Crocodile. Scared the everlasting shit out of me.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,785 Times in 1,067 Posts

Well I got this game. Already about 15 hours in give or take, and my god i've basically been exploring, and hunting, and I still have like 6 radio towers left to hit. Crafted everything that doesn't involve the hunters quest items, and one of those as well.

It is absolutely terrifying the first time you get attacked by a shark, alligator, or tiger.

Love the game, and the map is massive.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mdog1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,987 Times in 778 Posts

Picked this up with a gift card because of this thread, and I'm loving it so far.

As soon as I get sick of NBA 2k13, I have a feeling I'm going to be putting a lot of hours into this game.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,037 Times in 1,748 Posts

Game is nasty you play for 5 hours and maybe accomplished like 20% of what you're setting out to do. I can't help but shoot those bastards when they drive by and it sparks a fucking brawl. Then you get mauled by a bear or leopard randomly.
    Official John Hughes Bandwagon!!!

Hall of Famer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cdt View Post
    Game is nasty you play for 5 hours and maybe accomplished like 20% of what you're setting out to do. I can't help but shoot those bastards when they drive by and it sparks a fucking brawl. Then you get mauled by a bear or leopard randomly.
    I find I barely spend any time doing the main story missions. It's just more fun to explore the island and go hunting.

By the way, if you've played Far Cry 3, you'll find this entertaining:
    http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/12/27/th...ere-far-cry-3/

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jack Brickman For This Useful Post: