Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Thanks

Default Re: Game 20: Cleveland @ Minnesota 8:00 pm

Quote Originally Posted by wuck View Post
    Don't hate on the board, especially in a post where you criticized Zeller...

We promote free discussion here, including your post. I don't think it's unbelievable or pathetic that fans are frustrated with an underachieving team.
    Fans are throwing shit at this team, but not complete team, is just few players, not all players. Some players are protected like polar bears, and the others are target. Those fans, I dont say all, but most of them want tanking, to get high pick, but they cant keep their mouth shut when team is loosing. So how is possible to want tank the season and to complain about losses? I really don't understand it. Btw. I talk about Zeller, because its annoying to read all those bad things about TT, and Zeller is even worst, but Zeller is somehow "protected" on this board.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,187 Times in 450 Posts

This one of those points in the season where I wish the NBA adopted a 66-game regular season schedule for good. Not having either Irving or Waiters out there is just brutal. On the bright side, we're one game closer to both returning.

Did Kevin Jones do something wrong that kept him stuck on the bench in the 2nd half?
    Yeah, he boxed out, hustled on D, and most importantly, stole a few rebounds from Varejao, thereby harming his All-Star resume.

Thanks
    Thanked 21,577 Times in 4,830 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adriano_leite View Post
    Zeller is somehow "protected" on this board.
    Nothing is stopping you from posting your thoughts about Zeller in the Zeller thread.

I don't think he is "protected" from criticism. For that matter, there is no Cavalier (except for Varajeo) who is getting a huge amounts of compliments, and many Cavs fans want to trade him.

Moving to Paris, to shoot some heroin and fuck with the stars
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,470 Times in 597 Posts

Fans are throwing shit at this team, but not complete team, is just few players, not all players. Some players are protected like polar bears, and the others are target. Those fans, I dont say all, but most of them want tanking, to get high pick, but they cant keep their mouth shut when team is loosing. So how is possible to want tank the season and to complain about losses? I really don't understand it. Btw. I talk about Zeller, because its annoying to read all those bad things about TT, and Zeller is even worst, but Zeller is somehow "protected" on this board.
    wat
    Last edited by MGMT; 12-07-2012 at 10:57 PM.

Thanks

Nothing is stopping you from posting your thoughts about Zeller in the Zeller thread.

I don't think he is "protected" from criticism. There is no Cavalier (except for Varajeo) who is getting a huge amounts of compliments, and many fans want to trade him.
    I wake up in 1 am my country time, to watch Cleveland Cavaliers, team that I love, and that i miss maybe 10 games in 3 seasons, and I come to the game thread, to comment our team, because in my country nobody watching Cavaliers. When i open game thread, all what I read is hating, complaining, bitching about same players, all the time. If nobody cant see that this team is a lot better than 2 seasons ago, than there are 3 reasons:
    1. they play a lot of NBA 2K, when you just simulate games, get star from the draft, etc. and you compete for the Finals in 2 seasons,
    2. they are hating the team, no matter how many positive things this team made,
    3. they dont understand what rebuilding means.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MGMT View Post
    wat
    ?

Thanks
    Thanked 21,577 Times in 4,830 Posts

When i open game thread, all what I read is hating, complaining, bitching about same players, all the time.
    It's what happens when a team is playing at a .200 clip and is closing on on the league's worst record. Things will turn around when the team gets healthier and we see better signs about the future.

Thanks

It's what happens when a team is playing at a .200 clip and is closing on on the league's worst record. Things will turn around when the team gets healthier and we see better signs about the future.
    But man, there is no reason for so much hate and frustration, the future is bright, but nothing cant happened over night. People must understand that.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,187 Times in 450 Posts

Hopefully Irving and Waiters can get back out there and play meaningful minutes in the same backcourt. That was one of the main things I was looking forward to this season.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jlegg21 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,664 Times in 2,606 Posts

But man, there is no reason for so much hate and frustration, the future is bright, but nothing cant happened over night. People must understand that.
    There is hate and frustration because the team is not healthy. If we were at full strength (as in, not missing our star Point Guard), then these games would be more watchable.

Until that point, the team is terrible. They are on the same level right now as the team from the season after LeBron left.

Team Player
    Thanks

I think Zeller gets more rope than TT here (not from me necessarily because I sort of like them both as part time players) is because: 1. TT was drafted with the 4th pick and Zeller with the 17th pick; 2. TT was picked ahead of a guy lots of us liked better (JV); and 3. TT has been in the league for a year while Zeller has been in the league for six weeks.

As for hating on the team, it's sort of hard to not hate on the team that played in Cavs uniforms tonight. If that was the best we could hope for this year no one could criticize hating on them. (Not personally, of course, but as a professional basketball team.) We all realize that "rebuilding is a process," that "we have more pieces than we did two years ago," and that "we still have a ways to go." All that said, though, it's hard to see how anyone could watch that abonimation of an offensive effort tonight (on the back of the last two games) and not want to throw up.

Thanks

go cavs???

But serious this team is hard to watch without it's starting backcourt. I can't wait to see Dio and Kyrie develop together though.

Team Player
    Thanks

In all seriousness, I think that when the calendar turns and the schedule gets - um - nicer we might really enjoy this team.

Camp Invitee
    Thanks

adrienno-leite

Anger and frustration is all part of the american dream. Frustration at having a lousy job, of you have a job, just so some other person has the chance to be a billionaire ....as opposed to everyone/most people having a decent living. You see the frustration in the politics, guns and road rage. The anger comes from people spending their mental energies following a team that just may have a few good years, if they get lucky in the draft and can assemble a good outfit for a few years before the big boys - New York, Boston, LA, Dallas, come calling with loads of $$$$$$$.
    Few people get to play sports ....mostly we watch the 'best' on TV (owned by billionaires) ...our frustration grows and we have no release for it. Call it the american way
    Added to this is the harsh Ohio winter ....the future bright? I don't think so

Hunter S. Thompson called it fear and loathing ....as opposed to Anger and frustration

Cleveland's baseball team is a perfect example of where big money has ruined a good/great team ....all the top players moved on for bigger $$$$'s

Welcome to the Cavs board Adriano ....relax, its gonna be a looooong season

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yalbert View Post
    adrienno-leite

Anger and frustration is all part of the american dream. Frustration at having a lousy job, of you have a job, just so some other person has the chance to be a billionaire ....as opposed to everyone/most people having a decent living. You see the frustration in the politics, guns and road rage. The anger comes from people spending their mental energies following a team that just may have a few good years, if they get lucky in the draft and can assemble a good outfit for a few years before the big boys - New York, Boston, LA, Dallas, come calling with loads of $$$$$$$.
    Few people get to play sports ....mostly we watch the 'best' on TV (owned by billionaires) ...our frustration grows and we have no release for it. Call it the american way
    Added to this is the harsh Ohio winter ....the future bright? I don't think so

Hunter S. Thompson called it fear and loathing ....as opposed to Anger and frustration

Cleveland's baseball team is a perfect example of where big money has ruined a good/great team ....all the top players moved on for bigger $$$$'s

Welcome to the Cavs board Adriano ....relax, its gonna be a looooong season
    Americans sometimes are very tough to understand. So much frustration, because someone is billionaire and you are not, so much frustration because you team will not win Championship, unhappy with Ohio winter? Future is not bright? How about this: my country was in war from 1992 - 1995, in my country happened the biggest genocide in humans newer history (after world war 2), my country still didn't recover from that war, infrastructure is getting better, but its not like it was before the war, many people are jobless, many people leaving my country to live in countries like Germany, Netherlands, Sweden, USA, and they are happy there. Maybe Americans learn to have all world for them, so they are sad and frustrated if something is not like they want.

You work for billionaires, and in my country, people don't work at all, and if they work they work for corrupted politicians. While your kids are worried about buying Xbox or Playstation 3, Porsche or Ferrari, kids here are worried about how to buy books to go to the school. While kids there are worried what to eat today, Big Mac or Hamburger and Frenchfries, kids here was worried if they will eat anything and if their father will still be alive when ceasefire comes. While your kids play Counter strike, Mafia II, Medal of Honor, Black-ops etc. kids here was living in those games, and see with their own eyes all those things that happened in those games. I don't need to mention how America run the world, how everyone are scared of America, how people believe in daily media's lies (American media). America play the song, the world is dancing just like America wants, and the world is happy to not be wiped off the face of the earth (America send marines and special forces, the same marines and special forces who killing innocent people and who didn't stop the genocide in my country). Americans don't know about that, because they are not scared of nobody like everybody is scared of America.

Sports here is a little bit different, we have many leagues, so if your team doesn't perform well, your team goes to lower division, so you must make more force to compete after years of struggle, and in USA sports, you are always there, you can at least compete. Thats only little part about situation here and situation in USA, but how people can be happy here and Americans so frustrated about loosing? There is many more problems in the world, that Americans don't know about it, but if 1 team loosing, hell, that is end of the world. Americans didnt suffer much, so they are like princesses that their daddy kings can buy and give all what they want. People who struggle through the life, will handle those situations better, situations like loosing.

I am just happy that I have Internet and that I can watch my Cavs every game, because 17-18 years back, I could just dream about peace, running in the sports ground, stadium, stay alive, and having PC and Internet was just part of some bigger imagination.

Sports should be something beautiful, that you watch it to relax after tough day in job, something to enjoy, and not to make people frustrate and hate all.

P.S. Probably I will be banned for talking about non-sports themes, but I just needed to say those things, because most of the people on this board doesn't know about those things, and Americans don't understand how happy they are. No matter what, to win Championship or not, you guys are lucky, because you didn't feel the real struggle, real sadness, real frustration.

Peace

GO CAVS GO!