Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 107
  1. #91
    Team Player
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,416
    Thanks
    1,122
    Thanked 687 Times in 321 Posts

    Default Re: Game 21 | Pistons @ Cavs | Saturday December 8, 7:30 PM EST

    Quote Originally Posted by Andy4eva View Post
    What's new
    Exactly.

  2. #92
    All Star
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,777
    Thanks
    344
    Thanked 826 Times in 467 Posts

    Default Re: Game 21 | Pistons @ Cavs | Saturday December 8, 7:30 PM EST

    That was a tank play if I ever saw one. Gilbert got a deal with Stern for the number 1 or something?

  3. #93
    Team Player
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,416
    Thanks
    1,122
    Thanked 687 Times in 321 Posts

    Default Re: Game 21 | Pistons @ Cavs | Saturday December 8, 7:30 PM EST

    We outrebound them 46 to 35 and 20 to 10 on the offensive end and still they get twice as many free throws as we do. But that happens when you're playing against a top league team like . . . . wait, what?

  4. #94
    All Star Rondo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Toledo, Ohio
    Posts
    3,095
    Thanks
    1,254
    Thanked 1,674 Times in 642 Posts

    Default Re: Game 21 | Pistons @ Cavs | Saturday December 8, 7:30 PM EST

    Quote Originally Posted by Futuredome View Post
    That was a tank play if I ever saw one. Gilbert got a deal with Stern for the number 1 or something?
    Lol no, this team is just shit. Its terrible. We could try our hardest and still never win game. If we get the first pick its because we suck. Outside of Kyrie we basically have nothing, just a bunch of players that might turn out to be role players or shouldn't be in the league at all. The only thing that would turn this team around to contention is a LBJ/Durant type player. Kyrie alone might get us to the playoffs in the next 2-3 years, but nowhere past the first round. LBJ got us to the finals by himself, we will never see a player like that again.

  5. #95
    All Star
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,777
    Thanks
    344
    Thanked 826 Times in 467 Posts

    Default Re: Game 21 | Pistons @ Cavs | Saturday December 8, 7:30 PM EST

    Quote Originally Posted by Rondo View Post
    Lol no, this team is just shit. Its terrible. We could try our hardest and still never win game. If we get the first pick its because we suck. Outside of Kyrie we basically have nothing, just a bunch of players that might turn out to be role players or shouldn't be in the league at all. The only thing that would turn this team around to contention is a LBJ/Durant type player. Kyrie alone might get us to the playoffs in the next 2-3 years, but nowhere past the first round. LBJ got us to the finals by himself, we will never see a player like that again.
    Eh, maybe. But we outplayed the Pistons and they still got more free throws. The Reffing is consistantly bad in our direction and Irving's "injury" looks a bit forced. Dion's was real though, I will give you that.

    This team sucks, but facts are the facts. The NBA is the biggest entertainment league out of all the leagues and Lebron douched the Cavs. Irving, Dion and Shabazz would make one hell of a core.

  6. #96
    Team Player
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,416
    Thanks
    1,122
    Thanked 687 Times in 321 Posts

    Default Re: Game 21 | Pistons @ Cavs | Saturday December 8, 7:30 PM EST

    Quote Originally Posted by Rondo View Post
    Lol no, this team is just shit. Its terrible. We could try our hardest and still never win game. If we get the first pick its because we suck. Outside of Kyrie we basically have nothing, just a bunch of players that might turn out to be role players or shouldn't be in the league at all. The only thing that would turn this team around to contention is a LBJ/Durant type player. Kyrie alone might get us to the playoffs in the next 2-3 years, but nowhere past the first round. LBJ got us to the finals by himself, we will never see a player like that again.
    And the Pistons have . . . what exactly? What is it they have that we don't (besides health) that makes it easy for them to come in and punk us on our home court?

  7. #97
    All Star Rondo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Toledo, Ohio
    Posts
    3,095
    Thanks
    1,254
    Thanked 1,674 Times in 642 Posts

    Default Re: Game 21 | Pistons @ Cavs | Saturday December 8, 7:30 PM EST

    Quote Originally Posted by Futuredome View Post
    Eh, maybe. But we outplayed the Pistons and they still got more free throws. The Reffing is consistantly bad in our direction and Irving's "injury" looks a bit forced. Dion's was real though, I will give you that.

    This team sucks, but facts are the facts. The NBA is the biggest entertainment league out of all the leagues and Lebron douched the Cavs. Irving, Dion and Shabazz would make one hell of a core.
    The Pistons are a horrible team and we lost to them twice. Reffing is pretty balanced for bad teams. Irving, Dion, and Shabazz may be a fun team to watch, but it wouldn't be a championship contending team. That's a first round/second round exit team at best. Kyrie could be a superstar someday but Dion hasn't shown anything beyond being a volume shooter. Shabazz has never played an NBA game and we might not be in a position to draft him. We have no idea what he can do at this level. Its nice to dream though...

  8. #98
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    295
    Thanks
    92
    Thanked 50 Times in 31 Posts

    Default Re: Game 21 | Pistons @ Cavs | Saturday December 8, 7:30 PM EST

    Quote Originally Posted by Rondo View Post
    The Pistons are a horrible team and we lost to them twice. Reffing is pretty balanced for bad teams. Irving, Dion, and Shabazz may be a fun team to watch, but it wouldn't be a championship contending team. That's a first round/second round exit team at best. Kyrie could be a superstar someday but Dion hasn't shown anything beyond being a volume shooter. Shabazz has never played an NBA game and we might not be in a position to draft him. We have no idea what he can do at this level. Its nice to dream though...
    How can you say that when Dion and Kyrie have played only 10 games together....
    And in that 10 games they've looked like a pretty good backcourt.

  9. #99
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    295
    Thanks
    92
    Thanked 50 Times in 31 Posts

    Default Re: Game 21 | Pistons @ Cavs | Saturday December 8, 7:30 PM EST

    Also we haven't played the Pistons with our team healthy...so you cant base anything off of our losses to them. And Dion's proven to be a pretty good defender, shooter, and slasher. He has a LOT of potential so to say he'll just be a volume shooter isn't accurate.

  10. #100
    Potential Legendary UncleDrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The 906
    Posts
    1,395
    Thanks
    2,331
    Thanked 740 Times in 296 Posts

    Default Re: Game 21 | Pistons @ Cavs | Saturday December 8, 7:30 PM EST


  11. #101
    Potential Legendary UncleDrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The 906
    Posts
    1,395
    Thanks
    2,331
    Thanked 740 Times in 296 Posts

    Default Re: Game 21 | Pistons @ Cavs | Saturday December 8, 7:30 PM EST

    Quote Originally Posted by Futuredome View Post
    Eh, maybe. But we outplayed the Pistons and they still got more free throws. The Reffing is consistantly bad in our direction and Irving's "injury" looks a bit forced. Dion's was real though, I will give you that.

    This team sucks, but facts are the facts. The NBA is the biggest entertainment league out of all the leagues and Lebron douched the Cavs. Irving, Dion and Poythress would make one hell of a core.
    Fixed it for you.

  12. #102
    ^ kind of a big deal! cavsfan1985's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Salt Lake City,UT
    Posts
    1,862
    Thanks
    1,563
    Thanked 813 Times in 426 Posts

    Default Re: Game 21 | Pistons @ Cavs | Saturday December 8, 7:30 PM EST

    2 of our top 3 players are hurt, we struggled to win when they were healthy. What do you expect? We have no depth, and these are the growing pains, everyone needs to chill the F out, and realize we were going to do nothing this year. Yes, I want to see us healthy, but the staff is making a point to not bring anyone back to quick. TT has looked bad, but when We are healthy he will play in the offense and off Irving and Dion.

  13. #103
    Hall of Famer Rich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    13,479
    Thanks
    383
    Thanked 10,786 Times in 4,202 Posts

    Default Re: Game 21 | Pistons @ Cavs | Saturday December 8, 7:30 PM EST

    A non-playoff team, with the worst bench I've ever seen, is going to naturally look really bad when two of its three best players are out. I mean we can say this team doesn't have this and that, but show me a team that would look good missing it's best, and third best player? Some would certainly manage to tread water, but none of them would actually look "good" for any sustained period of time. Even the title favorites, Miami and OKC, would look very average, if not worse, w/o their best players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. MacPhisto View Post
    I still hold that Kevin Love is a cancer. This team will win 50 without him, it will win 45 with him.

  14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rich For This Useful Post:


  15. #104
    ^ kind of a big deal! cavsfan1985's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Salt Lake City,UT
    Posts
    1,862
    Thanks
    1,563
    Thanked 813 Times in 426 Posts

    Default Re: Game 21 | Pistons @ Cavs | Saturday December 8, 7:30 PM EST

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    A non-playoff team, with the worst bench I've ever seen, is going to naturally look really bad when two of its three best players are out. I mean we can say this team doesn't have this and that, but show me a team that would look good missing it's best, and third best player? Some would certainly manage to tread water, but none of them would actually look "good" for any sustained period of time. Even the title favorites, Miami and OKC, would look very average, if not worse, w/o their best players.
    If you took LJ and Bosh of the Heat for a few weeks, they would struggle to play .500 ball. I mean look at the lakers, they lost Nash and have been bad, if Kobe got hurt, they would be a sub 500 team.

  16. #105
    IT'S TRIBE TIME NOW!!! Pyro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Youngstown, Ohio
    Posts
    20,011
    Thanks
    4,267
    Thanked 6,496 Times in 2,899 Posts

    Default Re: Game 21 | Pistons @ Cavs | Saturday December 8, 7:30 PM EST

    I'll have the next game thread up once I get some concrete starting line-ups.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •